Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »
Jan 6, 2019 11:37 PM
Oct 2016
nidoqueen106 said:
ok so I heard this anime was dark but Jesus this was beyond fucking dark. I need to watch Death Note just to calm down*

Death Note is not what I would call a palette cleanser for a dark series.
Jan 8, 2019 7:53 AM

May 2013
Too bad the anime peaked at episode 1, no doubt the tragic end of the inexperienced adventurers is the best moment of the series.

Objectively speaking, its too tame and it follows the SAO route to further delve on and become yet another typical fantasy world.

Jan 8, 2019 3:44 PM

May 2012
This anime sure keeps it real in a RPG like world... quite interesting to be honest! Can see why there was so many talk about it when it first aired. But well I sure look forwards to see what this anime has to offer!
Jan 10, 2019 3:09 AM
Aug 2018
I don't know how I feel about this episode, because it seemed like a very long fight, with people getting raped left and right. I wonder what's next
Jan 14, 2019 7:48 PM

Jun 2015
well i got what i expected, though it wasnt all that pleasant. goblin slayer is a badass though.
Jan 17, 2019 7:12 AM
Apr 2016
Hmm, a good way to call this is "Isekai with a little twist" even though this isn't really *isekai* haha. Well, the gore is strong, it's pretty dark, but the animation is great and comfy. Enjoying so far
Jan 27, 2019 3:43 PM

Dec 2015
I like how they took a different approach than most anime. They showed how cruel reality is and that everything doesn't always go right.
Feb 5, 2019 11:48 AM

Jun 2011
Finally got around watching the infamous Goblin Slayer, gotta say it's as trash, no, even trashier than I thought it would be. The healer girl was recruited into a team that's gonna go exterminate some goblins, without much of a plan because apparently the guy killed some goblins back in the days. These people have a sense of danger of a 4 years old kid in our real world, despite being born in a fantasy world as cruel as a goblin raping human women.

Oh yea, speaking of the rape, did the author read way too many hentai doujinshi? Goblin raping human woman, I wonder what the female goblin think of it, do they have huge dildo attached to their crotch joining in to rape these women as well? Since they've shown little goblin offsprings I assume there's females to give birth to them. Unless you're trying to tell me male goblins could somehow inseminate female human.

Also, this healer lady has the attitude of your typical 15 years old high schooler you'd see in anime. How do you have the sensitivity and fraility of a person born in peaceful world despite being in that fantasy world? Make no sense. You feel bad for little goblin kids? Wut? You got so weak you were on your knees? Wut? What do you think being an adventurer was? Absolute garbage characterization to start the series with.

Goblin Slayer's first appearance, I gotta admit that was pretty cool but come on, he's acting way too cool which in return make it so unnatural. He's also info dumping his own shit trying to explain it to a girl he just met, great writing 10/10 totally not sarcastic

I am not done with the healer girl, she met goblin slayer the first time and she wasn't scared or anything, she just straight up conversed with an armored dude who just coldly massacred the goblins. But I guess the author wanted to speed up the harem building so basically you skip over the part where they get to know each other, which was supposed to start from the point where they do not know each other and should be wary of each other.

Gonna give it a couple more episodes but likely gonna drop it, since someone said there's gonna be more rape coming. Well that's not my fetish so yea..

edit: oh yea and i forgot to mention something too, the lady who handles the guild registration was gonna warn the newb adventurers who recruited the healer girl to go goblin slaying somehow halfass-ed her warning attempts and didn't push it further, basically said no more than 2 sentences max. Such lazy writing to lead up to the 'darkness/tragedy' that took place in that sex cave. :shrug:
ToG25thBaamFeb 5, 2019 11:55 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 13, 2019 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
finally got around to starting this and i gotta say the first ep was amazing perfect actually it really set the tone of the series and the nature of goblins perfectly

honestly glad i waited as long as i did so i can just watch it all the way through non stop
"one step at a time"
Mar 10, 2019 7:28 PM

Apr 2018
Is novel or manga adaptation? Some scenes looks weak

Mar 29, 2019 3:34 PM
Jan 2018
ToG25thBaam said:
Finally got around watching the infamous Goblin Slayer, gotta say it's as trash, no, even trashier than I thought it would be. The healer girl was recruited into a team that's gonna go exterminate some goblins, without much of a plan because apparently the guy killed some goblins back in the days. These people have a sense of danger of a 4 years old kid in our real world, despite being born in a fantasy world as cruel as a goblin raping human women.

Oh yea, speaking of the rape, did the author read way too many hentai doujinshi? Goblin raping human woman, I wonder what the female goblin think of it, do they have huge dildo attached to their crotch joining in to rape these women as well? Since they've shown little goblin offsprings I assume there's females to give birth to them. Unless you're trying to tell me male goblins could somehow inseminate female human.

Also, this healer lady has the attitude of your typical 15 years old high schooler you'd see in anime. How do you have the sensitivity and fraility of a person born in peaceful world despite being in that fantasy world? Make no sense. You feel bad for little goblin kids? Wut? You got so weak you were on your knees? Wut? What do you think being an adventurer was? Absolute garbage characterization to start the series with.

Goblin Slayer's first appearance, I gotta admit that was pretty cool but come on, he's acting way too cool which in return make it so unnatural. He's also info dumping his own shit trying to explain it to a girl he just met, great writing 10/10 totally not sarcastic

I am not done with the healer girl, she met goblin slayer the first time and she wasn't scared or anything, she just straight up conversed with an armored dude who just coldly massacred the goblins. But I guess the author wanted to speed up the harem building so basically you skip over the part where they get to know each other, which was supposed to start from the point where they do not know each other and should be wary of each other.

Gonna give it a couple more episodes but likely gonna drop it, since someone said there's gonna be more rape coming. Well that's not my fetish so yea..

edit: oh yea and i forgot to mention something too, the lady who handles the guild registration was gonna warn the newb adventurers who recruited the healer girl to go goblin slaying somehow halfass-ed her warning attempts and didn't push it further, basically said no more than 2 sentences max. Such lazy writing to lead up to the 'darkness/tragedy' that took place in that sex cave. :shrug:

Goblins don’t have females so in order to reproduce they have to impregnate females of other species. By the way if you are going to watch something called Goblin Slayer then learn a little about goblins first.
Mar 29, 2019 3:55 PM

Jun 2011
TygerPowers9767 said:
Goblins don’t have females so in order to reproduce they have to impregnate females of other species. By the way if you are going to watch something called Goblin Slayer then learn a little about goblins first.
Just like how I should've learned about baseball, karuta, american football, soccer, shogi, Go, tennis, volleyball before watching anime about them? You and I know that make no sense. Just as monkey couldn't impregnate human woman, or injecting human semen into an egg won't create a hybrid lifeform, you'd assume goblin making human women pregnant is only stuffs that hentai creators think of.
Mar 29, 2019 3:59 PM
Jan 2018
ToG25thBaam said:
TygerPowers9767 said:
Just like how I should've learned about baseball, karuta, american football, soccer, shogi, Go, tennis, volleyball before watching anime about them? You and I know that make no sense. Just as monkey couldn't impregnate human woman, or injecting human semen into an egg won't create a hybrid lifeform, you'd assume goblin making human women pregnant is only stuffs that hentai creators think of.

It’s fantasy so how does science come in to play?
Mar 30, 2019 9:08 AM

Jun 2011
TygerPowers9767 said:
ToG25thBaam said:

And like you said, it's fantasy, so how does anything make up for a fact? I just happen to be watching Tensei Shitara Slime and they do have female goblins so what gives?
Apr 2, 2019 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
TygerPowers9767 said:

And like you said, it's fantasy, so how does anything make up for a fact? I just happen to be watching Tensei Shitara Slime and they do have female goblins so what gives?

You seem to have some weird notion in your head that all forms of media & fiction must follow the same set of rules.

Anyway :

Thought it was an alright episode, bit of a weird show to jump into after a ridiculously long holiday away from the medium. Went in blind with the ramblings from pals telling me I should watch this and didn't expect certain things to happen.

I'll continue to watch inbetween sessions of Path of Exile.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Apr 4, 2019 1:59 PM

Jun 2011
Synklare said:

You seem to have some weird notion in your head that all forms of media & fiction must follow the same set of rules.
Not really, but when you were told this,

and it turned out to be untrue, or rather has no consistency, what's even the point of "learning about the goblins first" before watching a show, which make zero sense at all in the first place.
Apr 7, 2019 1:03 AM

Jan 2017
ToG25thBaam said:
Finally got around watching the infamous Goblin Slayer, gotta say it's as trash, no, even trashier than I thought it would be.

ToG25thBaam said:
TygerPowers9767 said:

Yo. Goblin raping is like, what folks in mid ages telled their kids when narrating about goblins deeds. But guess they all hentai creators am i right? Lmfao. Smh

How can goblin impregnate human women? Guess what, the power of fiction. And fiction only works in a fantasy world, oh shit wait... 'You are trying to tell me that if you say some random world out loud you could generate matter that atonomically replacate some destroyed tissue and heal someone omfg retarded author bho stopid goblin slayer.'

Ahaha get your shit togheter fam

Nevertheless you can come up with an acceptable explanation that could work in real life, its not hard, some did it already with clues from novel,but its still a trivial problem you probably just mentioned just to stuff more forced criticism as much as possible.
Apr 7, 2019 1:21 AM

Jun 2011
I don't understand your point? The first part that you quoted wasn't even meant to be a criticism, I was just pondering on what goes through all that shit. It's a fiction, sure, and it's something a hentai writer would think of. How would the rape help develop the story? It's as shallow as going into a goblin nest without much of a plan, and even though the guild lady handling the front desk was wary of something she ended up not warning the group for, you know, plot reason. It's meant to be as edgy as possible. But hey, if you like the series, you do you. I've already dropped it.
May 16, 2019 9:36 AM
Aug 2013
People told me that this was bad.

*10min in almost everyone dies*

“I don’t see a problem.”
May 18, 2019 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
this anime certanly is unique and heawy WoW, don't know shoukd i feel sry for baby goblins or not, but i do get the slayer better safe then sry
Sugram22Aug 16, 2019 8:57 AM
Jun 27, 2019 2:39 AM

Feb 2011
Amazing rape+kill scene, was even shocked for a minute (didn't read manga before watching).
Aug 8, 2019 3:25 AM

Mar 2015
Wow what a start to this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 16, 2019 8:56 AM

Sep 2012
RedBloodFoxHound said:
The main issue I had with episode 1 was that it had to resort to extreamly sexually graphic scenes in order to create some sort of shock and emotional value. Like I get that this show is mature however it trys to stand out to be this edgy show. LIke their are other ways to make a good hook.

i don't see the problem, its new intresting and unique without going full on hentai with it without showing actual sex

Sugram22Mar 20, 2021 6:42 AM
Aug 16, 2019 9:00 AM

Sep 2012
zukushimika said:
People told me that this was bad.

*10min in almost everyone dies*

“I don’t see a problem.”

to them the problem part is that goblins rape, ofc its shon with minor details without going hentai but this ppl are bothered by it

Aug 21, 2019 11:20 PM

Aug 2018
damn, what did I just watched I mean what the F`in was that? this shit is darker
Sep 11, 2019 2:11 PM
Oct 2016
RedBloodFoxHound said:
The main issue I had with episode 1 was that it had to resort to extreamly sexually graphic scenes in order to create some sort of shock and emotional value. Like I get that this show is mature however it trys to stand out to be this edgy show. LIke their are other ways to make a good hook.

Why is that any worse than depictions of gratuitous physical violence and brutality? Why is gratuitous blood, gore and violence more acceptable?
Jan 29, 2020 6:24 PM
Apr 2015
They went in all cocky and got their shit rocked. They Underestimated goblins and just thought that this was an easy , happy go lucky adventure. They were all pretty ridiculous but the two girls and the boy were pathetic after all that talking. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this. How tf do you go in arrogant as fuck and get totally annihilated. This just shows you never underestimate your opponent and you always take your jobs seriously
Jan 31, 2020 10:34 PM

May 2017
This anime break every anime laws lol

They add a cute witch , cute character design , then the goblin do the "thing" to her and kill her

But more important , they cant just put a loli girl , have her wear bloody things and use her as bait !
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Feb 12, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, what a brutal episode. White Fox is certainly not afraid ot showing more and more blood. I can see why people got triggered by the rape scene, even if it was really short. At least it served a purpose, to show how dangerous goblins actually are and makes you hate them even more.
GatorAug 27, 2020 11:30 PM
Mar 31, 2020 10:08 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, what a cruel episode, damn what a rape...
Apr 7, 2020 4:20 PM
Mar 2019
Not gonna lie I had to stop when the goblin ripped the girl's clothing off.... I didn't watch the show for another 6 weeks. It wasn't necessary for the whole show to go that deep in detail. Then episode 7 came.... those two moments weren't my proudest fa.... (end)
Apr 18, 2020 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
Is this show faithful to the manga?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2020 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta say I've never seen rape goblins in fantasy before. Usually rapists are some tribe of savage humans. This makes me wonder about the goblins' intelligence (if any). What else would they rape and why? Do they have a society, or are they like animals?

I can see why the rape scene caused a big stir in the West.

And, damn, GS just euthanized that chick by stabbing her in the throat.

I thought the episode was pretty brutal, and I watched it on Crunchyroll so I probably saw the censored version.

TygerPowers9767 said:

I didn't know that about goblins. Plus different fantasy series have different "rules" for their creatures.

I was wondering why the goblins were so into raping human girls. If that's how they reproduce, it makes sense. Otherwise, I'd think they would rape the men too, if it were just the goblins on a power trip humiliating humans.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MonkeyDHunterMay 5, 2020 8:47 AM
Jun 2, 2020 8:00 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
Going to be rewatching the series and finally finishing it. I dropped it after around Episode 7 I think. Not because it was a bad series, but because I couldn't find time to finish it the first time around.

The first episode is as dark as I remember it being, but I am less sensitive to the dark stuff this time around having been previously exposed to it. Man, the whole cave scene is kinda rough, but I guess I'm used to dark stuff now in anime.
Aug 27, 2020 11:24 PM
Aug 2020
Horrific in a good way. DeTerminator vs living Evil. Are there really any good guys here?
Aug 28, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2015
Dark fantasy anime, oh hell yeah! Damn those noobs not even being able to defeat the weakest creatures smh, priestess is pretty lucky the maxed out goblin slayer came to clear out some starter areas. Have to say it was interesting to see the tactics of both sides used. Got some respect to priestess for not having a mental breakdown after surviving that ordeal.

Dec 1, 2020 1:19 PM

May 2018
Wow! I was not expecting to be hit with burning, spearing, stabbing, slicing, raping, amputating, and praying from the jump off.

I thought this was going to be some cutesy, boob-filled show that I was absolutely not going to be able to stand.

This is quite pleasant. I think I'll keep watching.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 8, 2021 11:03 AM
Jan 2021
Damm this gived me goosebumps
Jan 15, 2021 10:14 AM

Jul 2019
Its too early after 1 episode to judge whether its good or not but saying its trash right away because theres a rape scene is just dumb. Lore can do anything it wants even if its taboo/controversial. I get that theres a lot of teenagers aged 15 and below here if you dont want that aspect in your anime just dont watch it.
Jan 24, 2021 9:03 PM
May 2020
I came to see what xQc's anime was all about and ended up watching rape, gore, slaughter and extermination of goblins, nice.

One of the best first episodes I watched I'd say. Really good.
Jan 31, 2021 1:09 PM
Oct 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
TygerPowers9767 said:

This isn't Tensei Shitara Slime. You don't make the rules on fantasy creatures or races.
Feb 22, 2021 9:48 PM

Aug 2019
that gets a certified yikes from me, holy fuck. Heard a lot of things about this anime, both good and bad but honestly i thought it was about time i took my turn at this anime and took a break from some light hearted SOL for a change, step into the more dark and morbid ones.

First thoughts are, visuals are pretty good, very graphic and i'm happy they aren't shying away from gore as you can obviously tell this isn't going to be a bright anime with some of the themes portrayed in this episode alone.
Story so far seems pretty straightforward, rookie adventure that has the worst first experience and gets saved by a guy who lives up to his name as "goblin slayer", interested to know his whole deal.
Some small details that were interesting, and slightly unsettling, was definitely the beginning part were the priestess mentions she was "15" which was already considered an adult, showing the life expectancy in this world.

All in all, i'm hooked, the action this episode was a good seller for me as well as the ideas and pretty dark themes, i'm hoping this anime keeps its momentum as it is.
Mar 22, 2021 4:18 AM

Oct 2020
Holy shit it went 0 to 100 really fucking fast
Mar 28, 2021 9:40 AM

Jun 2020
The intro made me wonder what this series would look like and it did

And my first impression was this is a modern Hai to Gensou no Grimgar but the twist is more gruesome than ever

Following the first adventure, The main Protagonist went through and just slaughtered their party was really horrid.

I was expecting the main protagonist to die as well but thank god the "Goblin Slayer" came and saved her I would've just sat here and just watch through the pain

This is a throwback to the first anime that I watched Hai to Gensou no Grimgar but instead I get are horrifying scenes.

May 14, 2021 6:49 PM
Apr 2021
why can't you make a spell that lowers your smell or scent so you don't have to worry about getting some weird disease when you cover yourself, I mean you could also make a smell that fixes that weapon issue too.
May 14, 2021 6:58 PM

Apr 2020
jlin0821 said:
why can't you make a spell that lowers your smell or scent so you don't have to worry about getting some weird disease when you cover yourself, I mean you could also make a smell that fixes that weapon issue too.

As far as I can tell, the author based the rules of that world on Dungeons and Dragons rules, not sure which generation, as apparently, they differ from one to another. I'm not a DnD expert, so if anybody is familiar with it, they should be able to tell us whether that spell exists or not.

For more practical reasons, there is no mana in this world which the mages can use and then recharge for their spells. Instead, they have a set number of spells they can use in a day, with experience and power translating to them being able to use more eventually, so it makes sense for them not to waste a spell doing something they can get the same result with just a bit of physical effort.
May 14, 2021 9:29 PM
Apr 2021
so u have to be super creative, hides scent or chokes enemies nearby or sleeps enemies nearby, or make the item that keeps doing that, like making some magical flying sword that you can command
Jul 9, 2021 5:17 PM

Jul 2019
Really like this dark show. Let's hope for some more Goblin Slaying action because Goblin Slayer is based af.
Aug 14, 2021 7:41 AM

Dec 2020
Serious? Goblin rape scene? Wow, this anime is quite dark huh. But, interesting. Starting from the main character who suddenly came at a critical moment. And his seiyuu is one of my favorite seiyuu. 9/10
Oct 15, 2021 7:09 PM

Apr 2020
Well Goblins are indeed weak enemies, but the blonde girl's team is also weak, damn that's why they all died.

But luckily the blonde girl survived, because Goblin Slayer saved her.
Pages (20) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.