Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 3, 2018 10:03 AM
May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
LOL so many people pissed off that overlord didn't turn into another generic anime where the protagonist is weak and has to fight to gain power. Everything you moan about is why the series is so freaking successful so please continue moaning. This series was NEVER about Ainz being challenged and you expecting that to happen is solely your fault entirely. Keep crying though. It won't change a thing. The series will still sell like hotcakes where it matters most. And that's not on MAL which has zero influence on the anime industry as a whole.

I liked season three. With the exception of the spotty CG in parts they did decently enough with what they kept and what they cut out. OST was still solid as always and a few epic moments here and there be they funny or badass. Hopefully they take some time to produce a much more higher quality season 4 in a couple of years. it's obvious the short span between S2 and S3 hurt the quality a fair bit.

No we are moaning that S3 turned into just another OP power fantasy isekai with bad CG.

Overlord has been successful because the OP part wasn't the only feature of the anime. However even when Ainz was being OP it was still done in a way that built up some suspense. They threw that to the wind this season.
Oct 3, 2018 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
I've never believed in guilty pleasure, but after watching this show, everything changed.

Oct 3, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2008
YokaSol said:
Darklight0303 said:
LOL so many people pissed off that overlord didn't turn into another generic anime where the protagonist is weak and has to fight to gain power. Everything you moan about is why the series is so freaking successful so please continue moaning. This series was NEVER about Ainz being challenged and you expecting that to happen is solely your fault entirely. Keep crying though. It won't change a thing. The series will still sell like hotcakes where it matters most. And that's not on MAL which has zero influence on the anime industry as a whole.

I liked season three. With the exception of the spotty CG in parts they did decently enough with what they kept and what they cut out. OST was still solid as always and a few epic moments here and there be they funny or badass. Hopefully they take some time to produce a much more higher quality season 4 in a couple of years. it's obvious the short span between S2 and S3 hurt the quality a fair bit.

No we are moaning that S3 turned into just another OP power fantasy isekai with bad CG.

Overlord has been successful because the OP part wasn't the only feature of the anime. However even when Ainz was being OP it was still done in a way that built up some suspense. They threw that to the wind this season.

There was never any suspense. Overlord has always been about how Ainz will shape this new world with every action he takes be it deliberate or sheer luck. You and those like you deluded yourselves that there would ever be an actual threat to Nazarick.
Oct 3, 2018 10:32 AM
May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
YokaSol said:

There was never any suspense. Overlord has always been about how Ainz will shape this new world with every action he takes be it deliberate or sheer luck. You and those like you deluded yourselves that there would ever be an actual threat to Nazarick.

Gee how would we get that idea. Maybe the whole last few episodes of S1? Or maybe Ainz constantly talking about another player?

Yup totally just made that up in our heads.

Funny how 2 seasons later we still haven't figured out what happened at he end of S1.

But again the issue isn't that he is OP, the issue is that it was portrayed poorly. You can make an OP character entertaining, this just wasn't it.

Plus again, the fact he was OP wasn't the most interesting part of Overlord. It was largely the characters which took a back seat this season.
YokaSolOct 3, 2018 10:39 AM
Oct 3, 2018 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
I only watch this series because there are no other isekai anime worth watching this season. Shows like Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria don't even count. So IMO it's still the best of the worst. I'm too lazy to type, the negative reviews already represent my complains. Especially after i rewatched the end of S1 (until i get other isekai title to watch) it's very obvious that there's a huge enjoyment level gap compared to this episode. Overlord feels like less game and more fantasy drama the longer it progress
Oct 3, 2018 12:18 PM

Sep 2017
That was great, Cant wait for season 4.
Oct 3, 2018 1:35 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I wonder if they'll do a season 4.

Since we had 2 seasons in a year, doubt we'll get it soon if at all
Perhaps the social media accounts will announce SOMETHING but I doubt it happens before 2020 if it does happen eventually
Oct 3, 2018 5:30 PM
Aug 2018
I am unsure why it would be necessary for Gazef to show Ainz's strength when it was fairly obvious through 70k+ he massacred.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Oct 3, 2018 5:47 PM
Jan 2018
Foi ótimo a luta entre Stronoff e Ainz.Gazef deu tudo de si pra fazer o pessoal entender o real perigo que Ainz é pro mundo.
mas que mundo é esse?
Oct 3, 2018 7:36 PM
Jun 2017
AWESOME EPISODE, Lord Ains quickly finished Stronoff in just one magic so that he will not struggle so much. And now they have conquered the E- Rantel, and still Momon will present in the city... hahaha

i am just laughing when i see momon vs lord ains and albedo... everything is s really working according to their plan. hahaha...

Well im hoping this one will have a season 4..
Oct 3, 2018 8:44 PM

May 2018
bitchassdarius said:
i hope badhouse keeps adapting it so all the ln readers keep being angry

Fucking preach dude.
Oct 4, 2018 12:09 AM

Jul 2014
A fairly standard finale, really, as all of this was very much to be expected, except from Momon meeting Ains (so who was in the armour and perfectly mimicking Ains' voice?) and then becoming his law enforcer in E-Rantel. It would have been funny to see Brain meet Shalltear again, if nothing else.

Season 4 would be nice, but with that ending message I think it's very much doubtful we'll get more.

8/10
Oct 4, 2018 3:27 AM

Jul 2013
That "duel" was so underwhelming though in a way it could be a testament to Ains prowess. And the rest is just meh. But with all said and done I still love this show, so much so that the shitty cgi didn't affect me. I want a season 4 right now!

Oct 4, 2018 6:42 AM

Aug 2016
I at least wish for some Pandora's Actor scenes, where he is himself, not Ainz.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2018 3:34 PM

Mar 2010
Where do u guys read the light novel? And whats the difference between it And manga?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2018 4:59 AM

Jul 2009
BeYourself said:
Where do u guys read the light novel? And whats the difference between it And manga?
It has more details than the manga. And better art too, in my opinion. You can get the books at places such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Oct 5, 2018 7:19 AM

Apr 2013
Good season, better then season 2 anyway. Yes the shitty cgi was bothersome, but i tried not to let it detract from my overall enjoyment. I so love to watch OP Ains exercise his power over the weak and pitiful humans.

So Nazarick has now annexed the lizard people, that fucking village and now E-Rantel. It will be interesting to see where he intends to expand his domain next.

Also, s'funny that the King and co. still haven't clued in that Prince Barbaros or whatever his name is, is fucking dead along with his whole army. Maybe next season they will finally discover that fact.
Oct 5, 2018 8:53 AM

Sep 2008
I'd watch a season 4 if it ever happens.
Oct 5, 2018 9:05 AM

May 2013
Hi, I have a question, Ainz used time dilation and the touch of death or Climb using the bell stopped time and Ainz just had protection from it. ?
sorry for my english >_>
ShiShigamiiOct 5, 2018 9:16 AM
Oct 5, 2018 9:30 AM

Apr 2008
ShiShigamii said:
Hi, I have a question, Ainz used time dilation and the touch of death or Climb using the bell stopped time and Ainz just had protection from it. ?
sorry for my english >_>

Ainz stopped time. The bell was just a trap detection bell
Oct 5, 2018 9:45 AM

May 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ShiShigamii said:
sorry for my english >_>

where to talk about it ? i dont remember this
Oct 5, 2018 10:15 AM

Apr 2008
ShiShigamii said:
Darklight0303 said:

where to talk about it ? i dont remember this

season two then they raided the human traficking hideout
Oct 5, 2018 11:04 AM

Jun 2017
Poor Gazef...
Not even the slightest chance
Oct 5, 2018 11:44 AM

Oct 2018
Gazef Stronoff was a true gentleman whom dueled with honor and absolute conviction.
{~𝕸𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕮𝖚𝖑𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖚𝖒 𝕾𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖘~}
Oct 6, 2018 4:48 PM

Jul 2015
xShinigami3125 said:
I guess this is the 13th week in a row that I say read the fckn novel it's much better.

I bet it is, but I'm someone who prefers visuals over just words on paper, I get a lot more enjoyment out of seeing and hearing. So I'm going to continue watching this, even if the novel is a lot better, and I look forward to next season if it ever happens.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 6, 2018 6:50 PM

Oct 2016
YokaSol said:
Darklight0303 said:

Gee how would we get that idea. Maybe the whole last few episodes of S1? Or maybe Ainz constantly talking about another player?

Yup totally just made that up in our heads.

Funny how 2 seasons later we still haven't figured out what happened at he end of S1.

But again the issue isn't that he is OP, the issue is that it was portrayed poorly. You can make an OP character entertaining, this just wasn't it.

Plus again, the fact he was OP wasn't the most interesting part of Overlord. It was largely the characters which took a back seat this season.
The black scripture used their world item "downfall of castle and county" on shalltear. This won't happen again as Ainz has given a world item to every single guardian. Wielders of a world item are immune to other world items. Where is this suspense you were talking about.
Oct 6, 2018 6:51 PM

Oct 2016
curzon17 said:
Good season, better then season 2 anyway. Yes the shitty cgi was bothersome, but i tried not to let it detract from my overall enjoyment. I so love to watch OP Ains exercise his power over the weak and pitiful humans.

So Nazarick has now annexed the lizard people, that fucking village and now E-Rantel. It will be interesting to see where he intends to expand his domain next.

Also, s'funny that the King and co. still haven't clued in that Prince Barbaros or whatever his name is, is fucking dead along with his whole army. Maybe next season they will finally discover that fact.
Read the novels, his empire is expanding very quickly.
Oct 6, 2018 9:20 PM

Feb 2014
it's a shame that Overlord is no more since the end of season 1.

season 2 and 3 sucked =/ such a shame
Oct 6, 2018 10:31 PM

Oct 2013
The fight between Gazef and Ains is like pay to win game, you never stand a chance against those high roller players lmao, at least give him a handicap match or mele vs mele that would be fair enough.

Stil wondering what is the princess plotting about, i just feel unease everyime she smiles, poor Climb doesn't know anything about his pyscopath princess. And i guess Brain inherited Gazef's magic sword, i guess he's the next head warrior of the kingdom. Definitely looking forward to the new built Kingdom of Nazarick, if there's any other players like Ains that is yet still unknown.

Overall score 8/10
Oct 6, 2018 10:52 PM
Oct 2011
I thought what happened in season 2 was just a necessary set up for something bigger, but apparently not. If we look at just this season of Overlord, these 13 episodes, it is easily the worst isekai anime ever made. And when I say this I mean it's even worse than that smartphone garbage that aired last year.
Oct 7, 2018 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
Geez just like 2nd season again with pointless characters. First its lizards, now goblins and this blonde boy who always has his eyes covered with his hair.
And no interesting story development unfortunately. Was really hoping to see Evileye for at least 10 seconds but nope.
Oct 7, 2018 9:40 PM

Jul 2017
As much as I like Overlord, my eyes were hurting from that atrocious CGI in nearly every episode.
Oct 8, 2018 2:13 PM

Nov 2011
Hate all you want, this was the best Overlord season for me. Yes i'm concerned by how Ainz is far too overpowered but there is a proper explanation for it and the way he annihilates his opposition is just far too impressive for me to care in the end. Now that Nazerick is out in the open, it'll be really interesting to see how they proceed, i really like how they never introduce another player character even though it feels like it might inevitably happen down the line, but the longer they put it off the more i love what i see. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 9, 2018 8:08 PM
May 2014
Tobestik said:
The black scripture used their world item "downfall of castle and county" on shalltear. This won't happen again as Ainz has given a world item to every single guardian. Wielders of a world item are immune to other world items. Where is this suspense you were talking about.

*woosh*

My point was that at the end of S1 even if the the fight was clearly going to result in Ainz's win, it wasn't a complete stomping where one side didn't get to do anything.

You know "that fight" at the start of a lot of anime that exists just for the main character to show off? Usually some thug getting his clock cleaned just to show how strong or smart the main character is? You know how almost no one remembers the names of the characters getting destroyed in those fights? That's pretty much the fights this entire season. It was a season of "those fights" where one side is just stomped immediately.

What S1 did better in both the Shalltear and Clementine fights was that 1. Even if we knew the outcome how the outcome would be reached was unknown. 2. You wanted to see Clementine get messed up. 3. The opposing characters were allowed to actually try to showcase their stuff before getting stomped. Hell even when it comes to Sebas destroying the "bosses" at the end of S2 it was done in a way that was almost comical where there was a long introduction followed by 2 seconds of destruction.

The fact that the best fight this season took up a grand total of 3 minutes of screen time really is all you need to know.

Again that in itself isn't a deal breaker. The problem is that the other things that made the show entertaining wasn't there. Half the season focused on crap no one cares about and it was topped off by hilariously bad CG.
Oct 9, 2018 8:59 PM

Apr 2008
YokaSol said:
Tobestik said:

*woosh*

My point was that at the end of S1 even if the the fight was clearly going to result in Ainz's win, it wasn't a complete stomping where one side didn't get to do anything.

You know "that fight" at the start of a lot of anime that exists just for the main character to show off? Usually some thug getting his clock cleaned just to show how strong or smart the main character is? You know how almost no one remembers the names of the characters getting destroyed in those fights? That's pretty much the fights this entire season. It was a season of "those fights" where one side is just stomped immediately.

What S1 did better in both the Shalltear and Clementine fights was that 1. Even if we knew the outcome how the outcome would be reached was unknown. 2. You wanted to see Clementine get messed up. 3. The opposing characters were allowed to actually try to showcase their stuff before getting stomped. Hell even when it comes to Sebas destroying the "bosses" at the end of S2 it was done in a way that was almost comical where there was a long introduction followed by 2 seconds of destruction.

The fact that the best fight this season took up a grand total of 3 minutes of screen time really is all you need to know.

Again that in itself isn't a deal breaker. The problem is that the other things that made the show entertaining wasn't there. Half the season focused on crap no one cares about and it was topped off by hilariously bad CG.

Crap no one cares about? Sure buddy. You were crowned as the spokes person for everyone watching the shows I am sure. You're not fooling anyone. You're just another mindless hater that's decided to latch onto this series over the past season
Oct 11, 2018 9:23 PM
May 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Crap no one cares about? Sure buddy. You were crowned as the spokes person for everyone watching the shows I am sure. You're not fooling anyone. You're just another mindless hater that's decided to latch onto this series over the past season

Um lol? That's really the best retort you got?

For your info I liked the first two seasons otherwise I wouldn't have watched the third. The third season was just weak as hell.

But hey sorry for criticizing your magnum opus of a season with all this brilliant CG and riveting plot of....um...actually what was the plot this season? I only remember villagers no one cared about and workers that I couldn't remember the names of. It was followed up by the worst "SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT" I've ever seen.

Actually when you have something to say besides "lol dat haterz!" let me know. Though usually the sign of a bad season is one where any criticism is met with a retort a 3rd grader could make while there's little to no praise of the season beyond "good season 7/10".
YokaSolOct 11, 2018 9:29 PM
Oct 13, 2018 5:08 PM

May 2013
By the way they ended this season, i think we’ll not get season 4.

Oct 15, 2018 5:41 AM

Apr 2008
KalfKaneda said:
By the way they ended this season, i think we’ll not get season 4.

Nah it'll happen. There's stuff set up over the past two seasons and there's more than enough material. It will probably be a long while tho
Oct 15, 2018 8:20 AM

May 2016
Season 4 when

when, Madhouse
Oct 19, 2018 9:49 PM
Jan 2018
Alright season, very entertaining. The CG was terrible but it did serve it's purpose at the very least. If there will be a season 4 I look forward to it, but for now I will begin reading the books.
Oct 29, 2018 4:57 PM

May 2016
Time Stop + Death Touch = DIE FOREVER!
#GETREKTSCRUBS #AINZSAMAFTW
Oct 31, 2018 6:39 AM
Mar 2014
This was a great episode and season!
Oct 31, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2018
All in all it was a solid enough season but not quite as magical as the first. Things are starting to hot up plot wise so I really hope there won't be too long to wait until it continues.
Nov 5, 2018 2:42 PM
Sep 2012
Loved the finale as expected but the more I watch, the more annoyed I find myself because of two reasons.

1) Ainz (and company) will always win. It's no surprise because that concept has already been established but the longer the series go on, the less exciting it gets. In Season 1 and even 2, it was like Team Nazarick did this, that's awesome! Now it's like they won in this manner... that's pretty cool I guess. Without a decent challenge, I find myself watching now more because I've invested this much time and it would be a shame to quit now. It'd be nice to see Ainz finally struggle against someone (who isn't Shaltear) and for their to be actual conflict for our MC.

2) Too much innocent(ish) bloodshed. It's always fun to see an asshole get their just desserts. But when you see a not asshole(s) get slaughtered in a one-sided fight over and over and over and over, etc... It's just hard to watch. (This is ignoring the off-screen death and torture Team Nazarick does to innocents off.) They're technically villains i get it but come on. The great character writing is one of the show's greatest strengths but when weakling 50 gets destroyed by Nazarick, it's hard to want them to succeed... or even watch.

Overall, I still like Overlord and will continue to watch. I just hope the formula FINALLY changes.
Nov 10, 2018 2:40 AM

May 2012
Really epic last episode of this third season, with such progression I really can't wait for a sequel to see how things will progress further! Really liked this season a lot more than the previous one but still the progression of both are extremely well done in both character and story development!
Nov 11, 2018 1:28 AM

Apr 2014
I'm no expert in nation building, but didn’t Ainz just deadass backtrack on himself? He didn’t want to forcefully take over as it would create internal conflict, but that doesn’t align with establishing the Sorcerer Kingdom as an oppressive state. Even with a Robin Hood-esque character like Momon, that alone wouldn't be able to control the populous. This shouldn’t work out like a Civilization game.

Someone help me out here.

- AP
Nov 15, 2018 6:19 AM

Nov 2009
boring
season 1 was good, but then....
no character development, momonga is overpowered fool
Nov 16, 2018 8:18 PM
Aug 2018
Wow this season is already over. I know some people are triggered by this season but I love it. I need season 4 now
Nov 22, 2018 4:53 AM

Aug 2017
Well, it's over. I'm a bit sad that Gazef is dead.

I think that S3 is better than S1 and S2. Besides some bad CGI, this season mixed the best aspects of them.

I want my S4. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 22, 2018 9:22 AM

Dec 2014
the feels Gazel died...hmm hmm I thought he will survive though hmm well this was something now this semed like an errand humans are really like insects or even lower hmm
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 7:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.