Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 5, 2018 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
Beginning was pretty weird but otherwise it was pretty decent and quite funny.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Oct 5, 2018 10:38 AM
Jun 2016
Really blown by EP1. Animation is superb. Rimuru's voice (voices?) and Veldora's voice really compatible with the characters.

I have read WN ,LN and manga and yeah, there is no harem, no ecchi. It's a rare kind of Isekai that actually focuses on the 'isekai' part and not the 'harem, ecchi, romance' parts. Similar to 'Kumo Desu ga Nani ka?'and 'Tate no Yuusha'. Rather those parts aren't needed

For example many people automatically relate 'silme' with 'ecchi' but yeah it doesn't work that way in this series. It's a rather realistic isekai, different from other idiotic Isekai where there is MC who always has girls around him and has ecchi moments.

I really hope that they continue the episodes quality and not rush things near the end. That would be honestly a very bad ending for such a splendid series
Oct 5, 2018 10:47 AM
Nov 2011
First we get a good adaptation of Isekai Maou, and now another good isekai light novel adaptation? What is this madness! Seems like 2018 is the year studios start learning how to adapt this style of novel
Oct 5, 2018 12:18 PM

Aug 2018
I've never heard of this story! It's hilarious and well animated But can somebody tell me without spoilers if this ends up being like "GATE"? 'cause a part of me find them similar and I don´t wanna see the potencial wasted again
Oct 5, 2018 12:43 PM

Jun 2017
Jokuc said:
Katojana said:
Really good first episode.
Opening at the end spoils best char of the season

Looks like Enri decided to hop on another series

Seems like the summoning whistle was broken though
Oct 5, 2018 3:57 PM

Nov 2010
CordobezEverdeen said:
Hiruko_thirtySix said:

can i ask, why would you think that the quality will drop?

The fact that you have to ask me that already buries any hope of you ever understanding me.

Don't worry, there won't be any typical harem tropes in this series.
Oct 5, 2018 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
Not bad, but what a shitty way to die :/ Wonder if it's important why he got stabbed or no.
Next episode will be interesting because he will free that dragon xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 5, 2018 5:17 PM

Jul 2010
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad this got turned into an anime! Great first episode, looking forward to more!
Oct 5, 2018 5:22 PM

Oct 2017
Ngl, but the first few minutes (before he was transported to isekai) is fucking garbage. The character design, pacing and directing is god awful. The only good scene is when he talks to the dragon afterwards.
Oct 5, 2018 9:06 PM
Dec 2016
I really hope 8-bit doesn't ruin this, because i loved the manga adaptation. To me, 8-bit doesn't have an outstanding track record, but i hope they can adapt this capably. first episode looks great, so lets hope the quality only rises and not drop.
Oct 5, 2018 9:14 PM

Mar 2017
i really liked his interaction with the dragon, so damn amusing.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Oct 5, 2018 9:37 PM
Aug 2015
amer_zaqwan said:
RowinnDinosaur said:

Yeah I was pretty disappointed they changed his voice also it was like we ended up getting a whole new character from who we were introduced too and also just made him look more childish. It was funnier with his deep voice turning into a cute slime.

Wouldnt it be weird if a slime had such a deep voice
That's what would make it funny
Oct 5, 2018 10:50 PM
Sep 2018
AivanK said:
Not bad, but what a shitty way to die :/ Wonder if it's important why he got stabbed or no.

Its important, coz it was one of the key factors, that turned him into a slime, since he died from blood lost, they gave him a body that was alive and didnt need blood, yes there could be a better way for him yo die, but hey simplicity is the best way for things to go
Oct 5, 2018 10:52 PM
Sep 2018
Anilist637 said:
amer_zaqwan said:

Wouldnt it be weird if a slime had such a deep voice
That's what would make it funny

U prob guessed that he ll get a human form that looks like that of a child, and i for one dont wanna hear a girl(?) that sounds like an old guy
Oct 6, 2018 12:03 AM

Jun 2017
Looks like a fun isekai Anime to watch

This series better not take "generic harem cliche" route
Oct 6, 2018 1:36 AM
Mar 2018
No 1 rule when watching tensura

Make sure, you don't think about complicated sh*t and just enjoy it.

Thats the best way to do it, cause in heart this is a fun series not a serious one like overlord or goblin slayer
Oct 6, 2018 1:38 AM
Mar 2018
Btw does anyone realize that after overlord has finished we got two show that mainly about city and world building (tensura/ tense slime) and eddgy baddas doom slayer that hate goblin (goblin slayer)
Oct 6, 2018 1:48 AM

Oct 2018
The art is exceptionally impressive and I hope this continues to be entertaining as it is visually stimulating.
{~𝕸𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕮𝖚𝖑𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖚𝖒 𝕾𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖘~}
Oct 6, 2018 2:00 AM
Sep 2018
Briandias said:
No 1 rule when watching tensura

Make sure, you don't think about complicated sh*t and just enjoy it.

Thats the best way to do it, cause in heart this is a fun series not a serious one like overlord or goblin slayer

I know right alot of people just likes making things harder for themselves, That mostly how people become haters
Oct 6, 2018 2:03 AM
Sep 2018
What i really want to see in this anime, its kinda a stretch, but actually, i wanna see Rimuru shows Ranga more love in their relationship as pet and master, its kinda a stretch on how (s)he usually behaves, but tbh thats what im hopin for, it prob wont happen though
Oct 6, 2018 4:22 AM

Jun 2017
I don't know but there is just SOMETHING than made me love this episode!!

I also live that this will be 24 episodes long!
Oct 6, 2018 5:32 AM
Jul 2018
So, looking at the opening, is he gonna get a humanoid girl appearance from the next episodes? Because that would be disappointing, i wanted him to remain a slime for the whole series.
Oct 6, 2018 7:52 PM
Aug 2016
Um so for you LN reader who by chance read over 6 volume( which I don’t think so) did Shion died and Rimuru killing over 14000 people. Just to make sure
Oct 6, 2018 8:02 PM
Aug 2016
BRAINDEADPARTY said:
i've got mixed feelings judging from just the 1st episode. Seemed like another isekai anime to me. Nothing too special, im still gonna follow the 3 episode rule to see what its really like

Don’t worry if you think this series is light hearted because he killed 14000 human. Not telling you why
Oct 6, 2018 8:03 PM
Aug 2016
Reybun said:
So, looking at the opening, is he gonna get a humanoid girl appearance from the next episodes? Because that would be disappointing, i wanted him to remain a slime for the whole series.

Don’t worry it’s at least over episode 3-6
Oct 6, 2018 8:04 PM
Aug 2016
Malfin said:
Looks like a fun isekai Anime to watch

This series better not take "generic harem cliche" route
No it won’t Andy he killed 14000 people and I’m not telling you why :)
Oct 6, 2018 8:05 PM
Aug 2016
Rinii321 said:
I really hope 8-bit doesn't ruin this, because i loved the manga adaptation. To me, 8-bit doesn't have an outstanding track record, but i hope they can adapt this capably. first episode looks great, so lets hope the quality only rises and not drop.

For you who only read manga I’m telling you that the story will not be light hearted because Rimuru killed over 14000 human out of rage because “she” died not telling you who :p. And no it’s not in manga yet
Oct 6, 2018 8:06 PM
Aug 2016
AivanK said:

Yes because it show how he got the ability from pain, blood and stuff
Oct 6, 2018 8:07 PM
Aug 2016
Gin-nara said:
I've never heard of this story! It's hilarious and well animated But can somebody tell me without spoilers if this ends up being like "GATE"? 'cause a part of me find them similar and I don´t wanna see the potencial wasted again

Ok he killed over 14000 and become demon king. Not telling you why but it’s epic
Oct 6, 2018 8:08 PM
Aug 2016
thiago52192 said:
Honestly, I was bored throughout the episode. But I belive it can improve o the next episode. Animation is really great, but his slime life is pretty boring so far, and the fact this is a isekai doesn't help at all to make me more interested

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazOct 7, 2018 4:34 AM
Oct 6, 2018 8:10 PM

May 2018
A tsundere dragon? Ha!

That's the most adorable ball of slime I've ever seen.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 6, 2018 8:31 PM
Sep 2018
first eps interesting. hopefully it'll keep the good work
Oct 6, 2018 8:51 PM

Sep 2012
* maayne that was better than expected
Oct 7, 2018 1:11 AM

May 2016
I'm surprised nobody picked up on the Kirby 8 bit background music while Mikami was learning about his ability to ingest everything, and gain it's abilities.... :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Oct 7, 2018 1:59 AM
Jan 2015
In the end , Computer was "ON", which means she saw what was on the Hard Disk LOL
Oct 7, 2018 4:07 AM

Nov 2014
I guess they had to spend the time going through how he's supposed to obtain items, hopefully we'll see some great characters introduced soon. At least the main character seems like a chill guy so far, not sure if the dragon will function as a main character either, but it'll be strange to walk around with a dragon.

Wonder if the girl at the start who died had any significance, probably why you don't start an anime with a (kinda) action sequence without context.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 7, 2018 5:12 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Thought this would be another boring ecchi harem type isekai... it seems promising though ... Comedy but not over the top slapstick (yet).

Oct 7, 2018 5:15 AM

Sep 2018
For now, this is the beginning of the most interesting series I have seen: the explanation at the beginning of how the situation evolves for the protagonist, seems long and boring, but it is not so. Funny and well built the various stages of history, the dragon tsundere, I was missing, eheheheh! Graphic quality, quite good, ditto for animations.
Oct 7, 2018 7:15 AM
Jan 2015
I've been waiting a long time for this series to get adapted, the 1st episode was amazing as we got to see Satoru become a slime and interact with the new world he was transported into was quite amazing, the interaction with the dragon was great especially the dragon acting tsundere, reminded me of Tohru from DragonMaid haha. I can't wait for the 2nd episode and I hope we see more characters introduced as well!

Mod edit: Removed advertising.
DeadlyRavenMay 5, 2020 6:17 AM
Oct 7, 2018 10:23 AM
Jun 2016
LavalGaming said:
Gin-nara said:

Ok he killed over 14000 and become demon king. Not telling you why but it’s epic

Dude too many spoilers
Oct 7, 2018 1:06 PM

May 2015
Tsundere dragon :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 7, 2018 3:24 PM

Nov 2013
This was better then expected + visuals look fantastic!!!
Oct 7, 2018 5:48 PM

Jan 2015
that was incredibly endearing. i'm so interested to see where this goes lol
Oct 7, 2018 7:42 PM
May 2018
These are currently my favourite manga and i've been rereading them many times while waiting for new chapter 😆😆😆
1. Boku no hero academia
2. Tensei shitara slime datta ken
3. Tsuki ga michibiku isekai douchuu
4. Koushaku reijou no tashinami
5. Kusuriya no hitorigoto
6. Tondemo skill de isekai hourou meshi
And i am super happy that my no 1 anime is super good and my no 2 anime episode 1 seems good. I love everything about slime ep 1. Even the most stupid way he died seems fine to me lol i just love the series that i dont care about that scene kekeke.
Oct 7, 2018 9:17 PM
Jan 2016
Watched one episode and read 6 volumes of the manga. I highly recommend the manga for anime watchers minaly the bonus chapters i doubt be animated but still really important.
Oct 8, 2018 5:16 AM

May 2009
This was better than I expected honestly. lol
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 8, 2018 8:00 AM

Oct 2017
tywhoppity said:
I'm surprised nobody picked up on the Kirby 8 bit background music while Mikami was learning about his ability to ingest everything, and gain it's abilities.... :' )

Yeah, now you mentioned it, literally this slim is Kirby in nutshell...

The only difference being he can retain the ability, which Kirby can't do, which makes it even more op.
Oct 8, 2018 1:15 PM

Apr 2012
I thought that would be a cute isekai about a meek slime relying on friendship and effort to achieve victory, but no, it's another op as hell isekai protag for reason you'll never know show.
Oct 9, 2018 7:36 AM
Nov 2016
Ive heard some great things about the manga and pretty much everyone online was talking about how they were surprised by how good the first episode was so I watched it.

It's really good!!

Verudora the Tsundere Dragon seems like a nice characater. The main character seems smart.

Let's see what happens.
Oct 10, 2018 10:21 AM

Mar 2012
I shouldn't have believed when others were saying this is promising/good. Seems to be pretty standard isekai plot with game-like setting and abilities. Is slime even supposed to be a living thing!?

Next up:
Tensei shitara isekai de wa naku onajiku nihon no sainou nashi shosetsuka no nou datta ken
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2018

219 by Nobuaki_Niti »»
May 5, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

276 by knowndisc »»
Apr 28, 7:52 AM

» Why does he choose the opposite gender? ( 1 2 )

jaisan - Oct 15, 2018

50 by Reevansingh21 »»
Apr 26, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2019

129 by SpikeVann »»
Apr 26, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.