Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 10, 2019 2:11 PM
Feb 2018
I love this episode although the low budget CGI sucks it saved the season for me after getting to know and watch Foresight die had almost turn me off the season
Oct 3, 2020 1:19 PM

May 2015
Honestly Im one of those people that dont give af about the use of CGI in this series. Its mainly used for armies anyway. But halfway through that goblin army introduction it got pretty bad to the point of their mouths not even moving. They looked a bit weird lol. Other then that the CGI has been fine in my opinion.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 20, 2021 4:42 PM

Sep 2011
I can deal with a little bit of CGI here and there, but this was terrible to see... I mean to be fair most of it was just showing the 10+ squads of the army, but still.
I wonder how Enri now summoned so much, but I guess she learned some skill while leading and being nice to goblins in general.
I constantly expect Lupusregina to betray Ainz, even though she probably won't. It's the same feeling Demiurge gives me, making me doubt them somehow.
Jul 22, 2021 2:45 AM

Jul 2015
Enri summoned one hell of a atrocious-cgi goblin army there with her second summoning horn. Could only imagine how easy defeating the trolls from some episodes ago would have been if used earlier.

Aug 5, 2021 11:54 AM

Sep 2012
RazielZero said:
I can deal with a little bit of CGI here and there, but this was terrible to see... I mean to be fair most of it was just showing the 10+ squads of the army, but still.
I wonder how Enri now summoned so much, but I guess she learned some skill while leading and being nice to goblins in general.
I constantly expect Lupusregina to betray Ainz, even though she probably won't. It's the same feeling Demiurge gives me, making me doubt them somehow.

have u noticed how strong she has become? she can arm-wrestle monsters so ofc she has gained some skills i think it also hints to what Ainz said and the horn name, also how ogers when they first arrived at the village feared her yell at them its all connected somehow cause why and how would a oger fear a human rising their voice? they wouldn't so she is somehow surpassing normal human limits

Unkrowned said:
Enri summoned one hell of a atrocious-cgi goblin army there with her second summoning horn. Could only imagine how easy defeating the trolls from some episodes ago would have been if used earlier.

considering what i said above i think if she was not as high lvl she is new the horn would have been less effective i think that exp actually lvl'd her up more
Sugram22May 9, 2022 9:09 AM
Dec 28, 2021 5:02 PM
May 2021
Did you notice that the all warriors from the prince his army had the same face?
Feb 27, 2022 12:39 PM

Jan 2021
CGI this episode was ridiculous (in a funny way), other then that - horrible man slaughter
Apr 2, 2022 7:08 PM

May 2020
I'm definitely in the minority judging by the comments (from 3 years ago), but the CGI doesn't bother me at all. When CGI is used to cover vast quantities of troops, I honestly prefer it over shows that just shake around a still plate image & put action lines everywhere.

At least this way we get actual animated characters moving & background characters moving around. I understand not liking CGI, but this doesn't bother me at all, & I actually enjoy it.
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Apr 4, 2022 6:26 AM
Mar 2016
I am the only one who watch overlord without understanding or some sh!t.
I watched season 1 back in 2015 with a lot of jump and skip.
when season 2 finished airing I only interested in part that pretend to work with human.
when season 3 wait I don't remember much and forgot everything.
might as well to rewatch from beginning
May 9, 2022 9:05 AM

Sep 2012
to add what i said in past Enris power may also be side effect to the red HP potion it changed her gave her skills what she has lvl'd up with hard work without knowing + the STR

THE_BigDingus said:
I'm definitely in the minority judging by the comments (from 3 years ago), but the CGI doesn't bother me at all. When CGI is used to cover vast quantities of troops, I honestly prefer it over shows that just shake around a still plate image & put action lines everywhere.

At least this way we get actual animated characters moving & background characters moving around. I understand not liking CGI, but this doesn't bother me at all, & I actually enjoy it.

same it doesn't bother me and its not that bad just bit weird

KinjiKido said:
I am the only one who watch overlord without understanding or some sh!t.
I watched season 1 back in 2015 with a lot of jump and skip.
when season 2 finished airing I only interested in part that pretend to work with human.
when season 3 wait I don't remember much and forgot everything.
might as well to rewatch from beginning

yea in that case re-watching all is good idea :)
May 23, 2022 4:31 PM

Jul 2013
The CGI looked, how do I put this, quite interesting and at some points just funny. But knowing why they're using it, I'm okay with it and don't mind it too much.

I was always wondering what kind of goblin troops Enri would summon with the horn she got from Ainz, but this was an overwhelming surprise, especially the variety of castes, high armored foot soldiers and soldiers on mounts. The E-Rantel soldiers/army got completely destroyed.

That ending though. At the beginning I wasn't sure about Lupusregina and her crazy side, but now I'm definitely in for it, this time it kinda turned me on ngl lol. I also don't think Komatsu Mikako could have voiced this scene any better, just amazing.

2 episodes left. I guess the "big" fight is about to start.

Jul 5, 2022 4:42 PM
Jun 2019
HEYO, I found Goblin-Kongming

Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 31, 2022 9:15 AM
Dec 2017
Crazy summoning haha
Nov 16, 2022 12:40 AM

Jul 2022
Did you think you could beat Grand Commander Enri?
Dec 29, 2022 11:47 AM

Nov 2010
15:00 Is he the goblin ver. of Zhuge Liang? His army looks cool! It reminded me of the scene when the Dwarven Army joined the fight in The Hobbit movie. It gave me that same kind of goosebumps.
Lupusregina made Renner and her brother's plan to take over the kingdom much easier.
Feb 13, 2023 4:27 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That was brutal!!!!!!
Sep 18, 2023 1:03 PM

Mar 2022
I might as well address the elephant in the room so to speak: I don't have a problem with the CGI. Honestly I didn't really notice it half the time because I was more or less just focusing on the action itself rather than the animation for the armies in question for this particular episode I mean this is coming from a guy who has watched Beast Wars a show that has dated animation by today's standards because it's like early CGI from the 90s but the thing about Beast Wars that Overlord also does is the fact that the people working on both shows are able to work around the bad animation, for Beast Wars, it was literally the story and the characters which is something Overlord excels at very well. And if even I had noticed the bad CGI in this episode, I personally wouldn't have cared either way. Because I see it more as a minor thing than a major thing that effects the episode altogether.

Anyways the episode, really, really, really good I must say. I honestly was not expecting Enri to summon all those fricking goblins all at once and just utterly annihilate the army from E-Rantel. Even Ainz and Mori couldn't believe it. XD

I didn't think Lupusregina was that sadistic and it was a little off putting cuz I only saw her true nature at the end of one of the last episodes for this season in particular but come this episode, I can definitely see it now. I mean my god that look she gave Barbro was very chilling indeed. I think alongside maybe Narbel she's probably my favourite when it comes to the battle maids of Nazarick, definitely a favourite of mine.
Oct 16, 2023 11:05 AM
Feb 2022
Que ejercito duende invoco Enri, aunque la ayudase Lupisregina a mi parecer.
Dec 10, 2023 3:49 AM

Nov 2023
Lmao the barn scene was funny
Jan 9, 12:45 PM
May 2020
enri summoned so many goblins lol

hopefully that's the end of the prince
Feb 12, 9:16 AM
Nov 2016
Decent episode, overshadowed by lotsa boring dialogue and god awful CGI.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

267 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 7:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.