Forum Settings
Forums

Hungary stops funding gender studies in universities

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 10, 2018 9:04 PM

Jan 2015
And Hungary at once became less hungry due to the funds being allocated to less useless degrees

ur opinion = shit
Sep 11, 2018 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
ThatRazorGuy said:
DreamingBeats said:

even if the government have to spend a ton of tax payer currency to fund those courses?

Yeah I reckon the government funding that shit is a bit much but if a private tertiary institution wants to offer gender studies I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to.

They stopped funding gender studies in state fund universities.
Privates ones can do whatever the hell they want so basically now is exactly like you say you want.

Sep 11, 2018 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
Shame that such an interesting subject got corrupted to a point where people are glad that it lost its funding.

"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Sep 11, 2018 1:15 PM

Apr 2017
The real problem is that this is part of a general movement from the government to restrict peoples options in studying, and to just in general the corruption and centralization of the government. And where this money will go is just into more strongmens pockets and building stadiums in politicians home towns. While I don't think gender studies is of superb importance but this is part of a wider problem with the government in Hungary right now.

"That's my precious
image of happiness..."

- I have no clue... -
Sep 11, 2018 1:47 PM

Oct 2014
Isn't gender studies just a SJW production course anyway? I mean it's a whole course based on the premise that we classify people into collectives instead of as individuals. I personally can only view gender studies as detrimental rather than something positive. Higher education is supposed to make you more curious and more free-thinking, but gender studies, from what I know, does the exact opposite and forces you into certain doctrines.

Good riddence.
Sep 11, 2018 2:18 PM

Apr 2017
The far-right is apparently in control of that country so no surprise there.
Sep 11, 2018 6:03 PM

May 2016
replace the gender studies with basic biology and it’s good

Sep 12, 2018 1:07 AM
Mar 2018
lipdart gets rekt ahaha
Sep 12, 2018 2:07 AM

Jul 2014
Monad said:
ThatRazorGuy said:

Yeah I reckon the government funding that shit is a bit much but if a private tertiary institution wants to offer gender studies I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to.

They stopped funding gender studies in state fund universities.
Privates ones can do whatever the hell they want so basically now is exactly like you say you want.

Cool. It's just that the thread had the initially misleading title of "Hungary bans gender studies courses from universities" when I posted that.
Take care of yourself

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.