Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This turned out to be a very exciting episodee. The back and forth between the two teams had a great momentum.

We also got to see what Misugi is capable of. Tbh, I think he is extremely talented even with his heart disease condition. He is capable of mounting strong defensive tactics in addition to his offensive arsenal of moves.

A lot of emotions this episode.
Aug 20, 2018 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
Thought so, Wakabayashi would say something to Tsubasa. Though Robert and that cheerleader girl followed the saying. Even Misaki, too. Tsubasa regained his usual energy back and got the point after while fight.

Misugi guy seems to be in limit.

Hyuuga guy got fever from tiredness, and he's resting.

The rain seems to be disadvantage, but Tsubasa used it to get another point.

Misugi guy finally told his team about his disease. His teammates came to his support. He also doesn't give up and got another point.

1 point under 2 mins...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2016
That episode was very exciting.

Wakabayashi and all the others raised Tsubasa's morale, and fortunately it was enought to resolve the problem. And Misugi is in the limit, though, for me, it was very strange the fact that nobody intervened, he as an heart disease and was ready to end his live for a match in elementary school. But well, it's always good to have some drama...

In the next episode, this match ends, I think. I'm so excited for the final!! Meiwa vs ____! (I don't want to give spoilers, even though it is very predictable xD)
Aug 21, 2018 4:40 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Genzou and Roberto help Tsubasa get back on his feet. :)

That one Jun play where he dribbles past 3 people just right after his heart started acting up was absolutely stunning. :O
Jun scores Musashi's 4th goal out of sheer tenacity, gotta respect the guy. xD

They didn't dramatize a lot of scenes like they did with the original show though. :3

Everytime I see this game, I can't help but feel bad for Jun. :(
Aug 21, 2018 5:05 PM

Nov 2016
Misugis willpower is just amazing, he easily became my favorite character in this show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2018 1:05 AM

Jul 2017
That was fucking amazing. Really high intensity in this match with some really great emotional moments sprinkled on it.

I can't help but feel bad but also have the highest of respects for Jun. He truly was a warrior in that pitch by putting his life on the line for the taste of victory against Nankatsu.
Aug 22, 2018 3:00 AM

Feb 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This turned out to be a very exciting episodee. The back and forth between the two teams had a great momentum.

We also got to see what Misugi is capable of. Tbh, I think he is extremely talented even with his heart disease condition. He is capable of mounting strong defensive tactics in addition to his offensive arsenal of moves.

A lot of emotions this episode.

TBH, if Misugi didn't have that heart disease. He would be better than Tsubasa in term of skill and leadership
Aug 22, 2018 10:56 AM

Jul 2016
That moment when you think that Genzo could be a better coach than Nankatsu's coach himself... he really knows how to raise the morale.

The match is being really entertaining so far but I still prefer the other match (Meiwa-Furano) to be honest.

Jun's determination is admirable, that's true but I don't really know what to think about the adults here... his father, the coach, even the referee who seems to be missing... I mean, Jun's still 10 but oh well.

TheBloodyMonday said:
In the next episode, this match ends, I think. I'm so excited for the final!! Meiwa vs ____! (I don't want to give spoilers, even though it is very predictable xD)

I think the ED already gives some clues tho xD
Aug 22, 2018 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
Misugi is the GOAT as far as elementary school soccer goes...
Aug 22, 2018 3:23 PM
Jan 2016
For sure! A very exciting episode!

Poor Jun, he is really talented but is problem do not let him do what he like! To play football!

Thank you, Robert and Wakabayashi to make Tsubasa return back to the game!
Aug 23, 2018 8:08 AM

May 2015
Such a heart-warming episode, beautiful!
Aug 23, 2018 8:12 AM
Aug 2017
This anime is my life.
I watched the original when it got popular in my country and dude, this adaptation is just so good.
The animation is incredible, the music amazing and iconic, the situations are so intense.
When Misugi went for that incredible score I got chills all over my body.
Best anime of this year for me so far.
Aug 23, 2018 9:27 AM

Dec 2016
SouthRzVa said:

TheBloodyMonday said:

I think the ED already gives some clues tho xD

Well, in fact... xD
Jan 20, 2019 10:04 PM

Dec 2015
Just on how many meters did Tsubasa slide? XD

4/5
Jul 23, 2019 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
Misaki: You are betraying everyone that is cheering for you!
Tsubasa:
Misaki: You are betraying your coach!
Tsubasa:
Misaki: You are betraying your teammates!
Tsubasa:
Misaki: you are betraying this ball of football!
Tsubasa: OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

lol that is where you draw the line? anyway pretty fun and exciting episode all around
Dec 6, 2020 3:40 PM

Dec 2007
great tense episode and all, but from the start of the anime i don't get one thing - why can't they make the goals little more dramatics? there's good camera stance to make the dramatic goals more dramatic, instead of that i'm watching the ball squished on background and then showing in the back of the net, it's not only not dramatic in the dramatic goals but it's making them less exciting as well...

poor jun...
SeidouTZ said:
Misaki: You are betraying everyone that is cheering for you!
Tsubasa:
Misaki: You are betraying your coach!
Tsubasa:
Misaki: You are betraying your teammates!
Tsubasa:
Misaki: you are betraying this ball of football!
Tsubasa: OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

lol that is where you draw the line? anyway pretty fun and exciting episode all around
exactly my thoughts, tsubasa gets some shock last episode that making me feels sorry for him for once, and after some encouragements he just says "yea let's crush that jun boy heart and eat it for breakfast"....
Oct 25, 2022 10:29 AM

Aug 2019
Mitsugi is putting everything on the line to play against Tsubasa, if he didn't have a heart condition, the outcome of this game would be different. Mitsugi has consistently outperformed Tsubasa and his teammates.

More topics from this board

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM

» First PV of 2nd Season and Studio Changes

Dbagas8 - Mar 22, 2023

0 by Dbagas8 »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.