Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 7:27 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm not sure what to think about this episode... I didn't think everything would be "resolved" so quickly. What are they gonna do for the remaining 3 episodes??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 8, 2018 9:04 AM

Dec 2016
Welp it seems everyone is dead, crazy, or missing at least a limb so yeah you could say everything is going fine here
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 8, 2018 1:23 PM

Jun 2017
Zero Two rescures Hiro and goes bonkers on VIRM. Some unimportant deaths occur and that's all. Oh yeah, Zero Two is now in a vegetative state, but I wonder why.....
Aug 8, 2018 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
OMG This was way too crazy to describe! The princess gave her last powers to 02 and Hiro and they managed to defend the planet, at least for now.
But…what was that ending? She can’t be dead…c’mon.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 8, 2018 9:46 PM

May 2012
Just fantastic if you ask me, such a resolve and with that ending I really do wonder what will really go down in the coming episodes? Will they prepare for another invasion, will they rebuild or will they end it just like that?

Really interesting yet worrisome as well, but either way I look forwards to see what's next.
Aug 9, 2018 10:36 AM

Jan 2017
Watching today's episode confirmed that this anime has been playing with the same premise as Evangelion, but it's not bad -yes some tropes are cringy- but it's melded well and if gives a different aura.
So yeah, I'm happy with the way this episode turned out... Which was why the last few seconds broke my heart. No. Why. Zero two. Come back to us. 😭😭
Can't wait for the next one
Aug 12, 2018 2:04 AM

Jun 2013

I’m sure everyone knew it from the start but it’s confirmed in this episode: Zero Two is a clone and now we found out that the klaxosaur princess has been living for millions of years even before humanity itself. She’s from a civilization that came before and they also piloted large machines similar to the Franxx long before the Franxx were even created. I believe Virm/Ape/Vampire’s intent is to wipe them out entirely. They also lost their ability to reproduce just like the humans did as they ‘advanced.’

Glad to see the Nines helping out the team but they’re still in denial and can’t believe Papa abandoned them. Turns out they’re Zero’s Two’s baby clones. No wonder Alpha is so bitter towards Zero Two, he’s like a teenager rebelling against mommy.

I can tell why a lot of guys like this series, it’s because they want to have a girl like Zero Two who would do anything for them and fight for them. Too bad in reality, people like that are extremely rare and chances of them ever falling for you are even slimmer. It’s like when girls dream of a handsome, rich prince charming but those types only marry people who will further increase their wealth and never marry out of their social circle.They’re living vicarious through Hiro.

Death flags are everywhere. NEVER invite someone to a feast during a battle because chances are many people are going to die.

Zero Two.exe has stopped working. OH NO! She’s dead! I had a feeling she would but not this early. There are still three episodes left.

臭い-
Aug 24, 2018 8:03 PM
Sep 2016
Too many questions.

What exactly is that ghostly form of the klaxosaur princess? What's Apas exactly? Is it a form of the Strelizia that only unlocks under the specific condition that it's been successfully merged with Star Entity? How old is Earth in that timeline, since the klaxosaurs existed millions of years before humanity? Why does Dr. Franxx use the princess' DNA in order to enter Star Entity, acknowledged that he's got Zero Two, whose existence was literally meant to give him the control of SE? Why did they have to introduce freakin ALIENS in that? And why four episodes from the end?

Beyond all that, good episode. But wtf
Aug 29, 2018 10:45 PM

Jul 2013
Not gonna lie this episode is really good. The fighting and all the revelation. And what Hiro said " I'm not going to live to fight anymore. I'm going to fight to live". RIP frankx guy and 02
Oct 4, 2018 12:44 PM

Mar 2016
The Nines is just the close of Zero 2, they're annoying and inferior at the same time. It was really satisfying to hear a couple of the Nines being crushed by the VIRM.

Doctor Frank may be a mad scientist and are sometimes cruel and brutal but in the end, he's human and he just want to see his creations to work. Strelizia Apath is truly a weapon to end the war between (Humanity + Klanxosaurs) VS VIRM Squashed in piece...

This episode and the episode before this got some fantastic action moments! Strelizia Apath is truly a badass and magnificent weapon!

Wait a sec... Zero 2?! What's going on? Did she use too much life energy or something?!?!?
Oct 29, 2018 11:33 PM

Sep 2008
And then suddenly there were aliens....
Nov 26, 2018 3:41 AM

Jun 2012
Seems kind of messy, but at least now it feels like I'm watching 5 episodes in 1.

The "I'm not going to live to fight anymore. I'm going to fight to live" line was cool at least, even if that's the only original thing in this whole series.

Dec 25, 2018 5:16 PM

Jun 2015
this feels like an ending episode.. what the hell are they gonna do for the next 3 episodes now?
Jan 2, 2019 6:42 AM

May 2010
saengdao said:
this feels like an ending episode..

That is exactly what I thought. I'll have to wait until the end to decide on if that would have been a good idea or not, but I'm thinking the actual ending will have to be something special to top that.
Apr 19, 2019 10:50 AM
Mar 2018
The klaxasaur princess gave the last of her energy but what happened to her after that? Can we talk about what happened to 02 at the ending? There's no way she's dead 😥😣
Jul 20, 2019 5:56 AM

Mar 2018
Wew. Music can make a shit episode somehow decent.
Jan 14, 2020 9:26 PM

Apr 2015
I don't even have words to process this episode properly.
Jan 24, 2020 9:32 PM

Oct 2009
Is that -- the legendary pokemon -- Arceus? 👀
Apr 17, 2020 9:39 PM

Aug 2019
holy shit that twist was fucking amazing.
so from what i can gather Klaxosaurs had a sapien life form living on earth? And this alien life form called VRN came and invaded the planet, causing the Klaxosaurs sapiens to use forms like the FRANXXs to fight them back, eventually loosing and entering a hibernation state? Only from magma energy being farmed by humans did the Klaxosaurs (franxxs but the pilots are dead, basically like a headless chicken) came alive again and the last sapien Klaxosaurs (the queen) had not been preparing an army for a war with humans, but with the VRN the entire time.
Humans were basically in the way however i think the queen only kept humans around to form a half Klaxosaurs half human hybrid (Hiro) who was a male so she could pilot her trump card as she there were no more male sapien Klaxosaurs or any sapien Klaxosaurs at all to help her. Overall humans were tools to the VRN (who like we saw in the end were only using us since the beginning) as i guess we were the dominant evolving species on earth at the time.
this all my be completely wrong and hockus-pockus but is what i gathered as this is my first time watching, feel free to correct any errors i made c:
Apr 25, 2020 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
Weird, that episode felt a lot like the last one. But we will have three others? What will they be about? The bad guys apparently already left.
May 5, 2020 4:30 AM

Feb 2018
It finished too early, really.
May 14, 2020 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
So the Klaxo Sapiens were a human-like species from 60 million years ago that lived on Earth and were almost completely destroyed by VIRM.
Klaxo's spent their living underground becoming Magma energy or remained alive as Klaxosaurs with only the Klaxosaur Princess being the last of the Klaxo sapiens.
The "Nines" are clones of the clone of the Princess ... cloneception.
Dr. FranXX died, kinda felt like they killed him off for the sake of it, his story was done.
VIRM just leaves because they're apparently not strong enough to defeat the new Strelizia.

And last but not least, Zero Two doesn't look too good at the end there.
Jun 8, 2020 1:27 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can't wrap my finger around it, 3 episodes remain, but this one felt like an end game for me, what are they going to do in the next three I wonder.
Jul 12, 2020 12:00 PM

Aug 2008
Seeing Zero Two and Hiro together makes me think they are a great couple of characters in a dumb anime. A shame really, if only the story was worth anything I might even join in on all those back when this show was airing to include Zero Two as a waifu of my own. This VIRM thing though is just so stupid I can't fathom how this show was enjoyed. Even without taking from much better anime like Gurren Lagen and Evangelion.
Sep 10, 2020 8:31 PM
Aug 2020
I'm so incredibly confused. Why the heck are aliens invading.
Oct 11, 2020 7:39 PM

Aug 2018
NOOO PLS DONT BE DEAD, ZERO 2.

Pleeeeeeeease

Dec 25, 2020 4:40 PM

Dec 2020
ayo this episode now..
Jun 24, 2021 2:24 PM
Jun 2021
this copy of evangelion has gone too far in their imagination,all the problemns were solved too quickly
Jun 29, 2021 8:47 AM

Apr 2021
Well atleast the VIRM guys fled for now...things kinda moved really fast but anyway good episode...wonder what happens next
Jun 30, 2021 6:27 PM

Jun 2020
As all hope seems lost Zero Two doesn't take no to see her darling and the princess had a little flashback with their civilization

All the fighting is building up the tension and the doctor offered his hand that he lost and opened the door

At least they got reunited but that end though.
Jul 5, 2021 8:24 AM

Feb 2021
Well things escalated quickly and settles down quickly too. Surprising. Well what are they gonna do for the next 3 eps?

Aug 31, 2021 7:20 AM

Feb 2021
I'm not so sure what to say about this episode just like that the whole bomb thing was over and the bad guys Just left like that by saying we're not done yet
The quality of the story decreased so bad

I just want all the members in squad 13 to be safe, ikuno aged fast her hair turned to grey. whatever it may be but every scene with hiro and zero two is heart touching and emotional
Mar 20, 2022 10:18 AM

Jun 2020
Algorythmis said:
Too many questions.

What exactly is that ghostly form of the klaxosaur princess? What's Apas exactly? Is it a form of the Strelizia that only unlocks under the specific condition that it's been successfully merged with Star Entity? How old is Earth in that timeline, since the klaxosaurs existed millions of years before humanity? Why does Dr. Franxx use the princess' DNA in order to enter Star Entity, acknowledged that he's got Zero Two, whose existence was literally meant to give him the control of SE? Why did they have to introduce freakin ALIENS in that? And why four episodes from the end?

Beyond all that, good episode. But wtf

Exactly you spoke my words. They show was going pretty good but they are in troll mode from episode 19. I am just watching these couple of episodes just with Me gusta face literally. Just shoving us back to back revelations doesn't spice up that way. Beacuse, the level of revelations are totally non-uniform altogether. Due to which there is a lack of resonance in these episodes.

I have only one word for this episode: "LOLWUT?!"
Oct 29, 2022 1:00 AM
Feb 2022
i agree the story went downhill fast. what a disappointment
Jan 17, 2023 11:17 AM
Dec 2022
hijuelapelonaaaa, qué pasooooooo?
khe ez ezthoooooooooooo
Feb 2, 2023 7:51 AM
Aug 2017
Well this anime has gone down the drain. Everything resolved with one episode. Just at least give me a happy ending with zero two and hiro. 
May 5, 2023 10:55 AM

Dec 2022
I'm liking the last few episodes. Taking things to the cosmic scale allows a grandiose and beautiful narrative to unfurl. Definitely more interesting than the love dodecahedron stuff going on in the middle episodes.

Klaxosaur princess sacrificed herself and I think Dr. Franxx is crushed by the debris, which is sad. They were some of my favourite characters. I'm definitely interested in seeing how the last episodes play out.

Shaded Horizon

Sep 29, 2023 7:24 PM

Nov 2010
VIRM is awesome! I will accept their offer! I want to leave my body and become a being of pure energy—my ideal form. I also want to become a part of a Group Mind where everyone is equal. The Klaxo Sapiens are fools to refuse the offer.

That was a touching scene of 02 and Hiro reuniting and fighting, perhaps for the last time.
That ultimate attack looked badass!
Aw man, Dr. Franxx died. At least he lived long enough to see what he wanted.
Cool revelations. This episode has revealed all the mysteries at this point. All that is left to do is watch how the story ends. I hope it's a bittersweet ending!
Oct 22, 2023 12:51 PM
Jun 2023
virm with the terminator ending- i will be back lol. Feel bad for werner, and who know whats left. 3 episodes...
Nov 11, 2023 3:02 AM

Dec 2022
I'm sad for the queen. And all of her clan. They couldn't live in any normal way after the first attack from VIRM. Knowing that the females if I'm correct turned into energy and then to support the males who are just new life forms that can't do anything but fight and can't even go back to how they used to be. Sad.

Nov 30, 2023 7:50 PM

Nov 2023
OMG everyone is dying
Dec 30, 2023 10:58 PM
Jan 2019
I love 001, The Princess of Klaxosaurs and Dr. Franxx!
Jan 2, 6:37 PM
Aug 2018
This episode seemed like a really big and important one, but it didn't hit me as hard as I needed it to. I'm obviously going to see this show out to the end, but it's kind of falling off the rails a little bit.
Feb 18, 7:53 PM

Dec 2022
NOOOOOO say it ain't so no don't do this to me man no

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

391 by otakuanity »»
May 8, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

232 by otakuanity »»
May 7, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

283 by otakuanity »»
May 7, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

357 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

344 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.