Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 19, 2018 9:22 PM

Mar 2018
Paul said:
Bfolls said:

You might want to read the comments complaining about anime tits in this thread. Nobody is saying anything remotely along those lines. Basically every complaint is about the lack of realism

He's not on the wrong track, if we were talking about boobs in general.

I personally find the comments that talk about big boobs lacking realism as a reason to be silly. That's like implying anime is realistic in the first place.

And if an anime decided to have all of their characters have 3 eyes, would it be sufficient as a reason to say "well anime isnt supposed to be realistic"
Ridiculous body proportions and physics defying body parts are pretty immersion breaking for me
May 19, 2018 9:30 PM

Mar 2008
will you complain when the male cast have big D
May 19, 2018 9:39 PM

Aug 2017
What would you do If anime started to throw man asses, bulges and and abs in your face? Of course you wouldn't complain right? Well the same goes for big tits.
May 19, 2018 9:50 PM

Sep 2016
bokami said:
will you complain when the male cast have big D

alias08 said:
What would you do If anime started to throw man asses, bulges and and abs in your face? Of course you wouldn't complain right? Well the same goes for big tits.

I wouldn't. Complaining isn't going to change anything if that were to become the new trend in anime.
If asked, I'd reply with how that isn't the type of anime I was interested in, and I'd move on to find other anime.
If they ALL started following that trend, I'd either have to get over it, or just stop watching new anime and start re-watching older shows.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

May 19, 2018 9:59 PM
Jul 2016
lazypigz said:
Is it just me or are there a lot of people that just complain and complain when tit's get a little too big?

I don't see many people complaining unless they get ridiculously large. Personally, I think that when they get really big they look bloated - like the woman has some sort of inflammatory disease or something. I don't like looking at disease.

lazypigz said:
Like for real why are people so triggered just because Mayuri's boobies got bigger in S;G0,, or people hatin on re:zero because rems boobies are a bit exposed, or why is Steam tryna ban out my anime shit on steam?

This is the first I've heard of any of these things. Are you sure you're not exaggerating?

lazypigz said:
And then there's the people who complain about HS DxD because of fanservice or smthin idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So what? Some people don't like fan service. Big deal.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
May 19, 2018 11:00 PM

May 2018
RHYZED said:
I guess people dont complain about the tits - they complain the reasons behind it I think.

Like why did the creator animate it like that? Seems like the creator put more effort into the tits instead of workin on a good plot or other things that are clearly some mistakes.

I dont think people complain the existence of big Anime tits in general.

I think it's pretty much that. I don't mind erotic or sex scene but if it's not the theme of an anime and the focus is mainly on the breast of a character, it can sometimes become irritating. Everything need to be balanced in my opinion.

Phendrus said:
I don't see many people complaining unless they get ridiculously large. Personally, I think that when they get really big they look bloated - like the woman has some sort of inflammatory disease or something. I don't like looking at disease.

Also that.
May 19, 2018 11:19 PM

Jul 2017
lazypigz said:
And then there's the people who complain about HS DxD because of fanservice or smthin idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So what? Some people don't like fan service. Big deal.[/quote]But noooo they have to watch the show. THEN hate on it.

Can't understand why people do shit they don't like though haha

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
May 19, 2018 11:21 PM

May 2018
lazypigz said:
But noooo they have to watch the show. THEN hate on it.

You know, when you start a show, you don't know if it's going to be bad or not. You have to watch it to know, it's kind of the point.. And they just give their opinion, just like you are doing right now, there's nothing wrong with it.
May 19, 2018 11:22 PM

Feb 2018
I personally don't have a problem with fanservice and nudity in a show but if it's the only selling g point it's just annoying. Epecially when there is a serious scene which is undercut by fanservice.
Also I don't like that they changed the character designs in SG0 but hey the show isn't all that good anyways so there are worse things to complain about.
May 19, 2018 11:22 PM

Nov 2017
Guess people have not watched old school anime where the nipples were not censored.
May 19, 2018 11:26 PM

Dec 2014
Because it is not safe for work duuuuuuuuh
May 19, 2018 11:27 PM

Jul 2017
Syniruh said:
lazypigz said:

You know, when you start a show, you don't know if it's going to be bad or not. You have to watch it to know, it's kind of the point.. And they just give their opinion, just like you are doing right now, there's nothing wrong with it.
Really now because honestly I? see a lot of people hating on shows because of the shit it is.

Like honestly if you think you're not gonna like a show then don't click into it? It's like saying some kid is hating on Logan Paul so he does some petty shit and go dislike all his vids or smthin (not tryna defend this cuck here but u get the point)

May 19, 2018 11:29 PM

Apr 2011
I can only think of 2 reasons: gay or jealous... or maybe both ?
May 19, 2018 11:37 PM

Jul 2017
I don't like big tits.
I won't complain though, as I believe a lot of people like them.
May 19, 2018 11:39 PM

Jul 2017
LalatinaDarkness said:
Guess people have not watched old school anime where the nipples were not censored.
Oh i'm pretty sure hella people have watched NGE if u know what im talking about ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and i still can't believe its rated PG-13
thefreeloader said:
Because it is not safe for work duuuuuuuuh
Then watch it at home? Behind a closed door? Maybe lock yourself up when you lewd lolis so FBI don't get you?
SpungySquash said:
When they're unrealistic, I guess people get triggered by it?

I don't get triggered by it, but I do like them being a more, believable and proportioned size rather than being watermelons.

I like my flat chested lolis.

Ok yeaaa i understand the reasoning behind watermelons. I kinda don't like watermelons too eg i think there was this huge oppai loli in hajimete no gal and that was a biiiig turn off. big tiddie loli hestia is kinda ehhhh too.

What i don't understand though are when girls have good designs. what i also don't understand are when people get triggered by tiddies that are just a tad bigger

May 19, 2018 11:41 PM

May 2018
lazypigz said:
Like honestly if you think you're not gonna like a show then don't click into it? It's like saying some kid is hating on Logan Paul so he does some petty shit and go dislike all his vids or smthin (not tryna defend this cuck here but u get the point)

Yes, it's pretty obvious but you can't always know.
May 20, 2018 12:07 AM

Dec 2015
Contable said:
Dakota_Ackerman said:

You're not gay, you're a caveman...

how did you know? i kept it hidden for 3 years

For that reason, you already smell like that
May 20, 2018 12:18 AM

Sep 2013
It's 'cause boobies are gross. Duh.
May 20, 2018 12:31 AM

Sep 2011
ZionPulse said:
People don't like what they can't have.

Here you go, OP. This completely sums it up.

May 20, 2018 12:50 AM

Aug 2014
I don't understand the hatred for big ol' anime taa taas

No offense, But disliking an anime because a characters boobs are too big is the most Virgin thing I have ever heard in all honest... Like who is going to hate Miss Kobayashi Dragon Maid because of this?

May 20, 2018 12:57 AM
Jul 2016
lazypigz said:
Phendrus said:

So what? Some people don't like fan service. Big deal.

Okay, that is definitely a fair point. Watching Highschool DxD and complaining about it having fan service is akin to watching Mahouka and complaining about it having magic in it.

If you know what you're getting yourself into and choose to subject yourself to it anyway, that's your own fault.

So, yeah. I get what you're saying now.

Unrelated: You have impeccable taste in waifus.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
May 20, 2018 1:46 AM

Jan 2014
Phendrus said:

If you know what you're getting yourself into and choose to subject yourself to it anyway, that's your own fault.

So, yeah. I get what you're saying now.

Unrelated: You have impeccable taste in waifus.

Funnily enough people who complained about Mahouka are even more retarded.
Mahouka an anime that sets a physical basis for it's world and builds upon that by explaining how the magic works and by never breaking that basis it sets it avoids some plotholes pretty well.

Anime fans:"Why do we have to suffer through an explanation every single episode?!?!?!"

Also anime fans:"WHY IS THIS MAGICAL ANIME FULL OF PLOTHOLES?!?!"
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
May 20, 2018 2:06 AM
Dec 2013
If the girl's breasts are ridiculously large like with the girl from Occultic;Nine, then that's understandable. But if the girl just happens to have large breasts and they get triggered by it, then that's kinda silly since there's lots of girls (blessed) with large breasts in real life, and it adds beauty to the girl. And if that's enough to distract them, then it's their problem. But if you're watching an anime where every girl in it has large breasts, you're simply watching a fetish anime. Also, fanservice involving breasts is done with small-breasted girls too, so it's not limited to just girls with big breasts.

If anything, I'd get triggered if a girl who had large breasts in the first season, now has small breasts in the second season, like with Yui Yuigahama from OreGairu. It's like removing beauty from her. A teenage girl is still a growing girl, so it's realistic for a girl's breasts to get bigger during their adolescence, and unrealistic if it's the opposite unless they underwent surgery. I don't know why someone shouldn't understand this, unless they just hate it when a character's design changes a little, no matter the character.

And Rem having large breasts (which aren't that big anyway) is one of the features that distinguishes her from her twin sister Ram, who has small breasts, and it's better if they don't look too similar to each other, otherwise they'd look like clones. I don't know why people'd complain about that.
wildhoodMay 21, 2018 5:38 AM
May 20, 2018 2:06 AM
Apr 2018
sekai- said:
Paul said:

He's not on the wrong track, if we were talking about boobs in general.

I personally find the comments that talk about big boobs lacking realism as a reason to be silly. That's like implying anime is realistic in the first place.

it's not that it's not realistic, it's just gross and grotesque to have people looking like this:

Hey it’s best girl

_Senpai said:
If there's something busty in your anime
Who you gonna call? (boob-busters)
If there's something popping
And it looks too lewd
Who you gonna call? (boob-busters)

I ain't afraid of no OPPAI
I ain't afraid of no OPPAI

Lol

code said:
Why are people so interested in cartoon tits?

Because tits are life
Ass is homeland
May 20, 2018 2:51 AM

Aug 2017
Why would you watch anime if not for the tiddies?

• Some people take that religious/SJW morality too far.
• Others want to watch anime for the story, immersion and stuff.

Either way is comendable, for one you have values, for other, refined tastes, but don't be 'that guy' who doesn't accept other's opinion or think he/she's superior. That's generation snowflake for ya.
May 20, 2018 3:56 AM

Feb 2016
It's just in really poor taste and shows the kind of demographic they're going for.

I don't have any problem with fanservice if it's tasteful and not the focus of the scene, but you've got anime like Eromanga Sensei where literally every shot of the main girl by herself is at a pervy angle. That kind of stuff is absolutely trashy and is proof the anime has little else going for it so it's trying to garner an audience by saying "look, we've got hot girls! watch this!" Making the female character's boobs stupidly large and exposed is a part of this, especially when it adds nothing worthwhile to the character.
May 20, 2018 4:21 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
TibetanJazz666 said:
It's just in really poor taste and shows the kind of demographic they're going for.

I don't have any problem with fanservice if it's tasteful and not the focus of the scene, but you've got anime like Eromanga Sensei where literally every shot of the main girl by herself is at a pervy angle. That kind of stuff is absolutely trashy and is proof the anime has little else going for it so it's trying to garner an audience by saying "look, we've got hot girls! watch this!" Making the female character's boobs stupidly large and exposed is a part of this, especially when it adds nothing worthwhile to the character.

Eh, idk. Tastefulness is pretty relative, for one, and for two I don't really think it needs to be tasteful to be sexy or funny or enthralling, etc etc. I'm not exactly a proponent of this tastefulness thing or the idea that it should be mature and refined, it's fuckin' ecchi, I kind of think it might actively be worse if took a different approach to it more in-line with these values and reduce a lot of the appeal it currently has in order for these kinds of products to appeal to people who don't actually want these sorts of things to begin with, they want something else kind of removed from it.

Like, I'll never forget it, but if this is what people mean when they want tasteful sex appeal, then count me out and give me the bombastic, unashamed, "immature" approach of something like TLR ten times out of ten instead :P

Also, hey, nothing wrong with going for a certain demographic of fans who want a certain type of content. Just as much of a fan as anybody else, regardless of how you see what I'm a fan of, and having works that appeal to me in this sense is pretty goddamn nice.
ManabanMay 20, 2018 4:25 AM

May 20, 2018 4:34 AM

Feb 2015
Because flat is justice, duh.

But yeah, there are many anime girls with too big size and it can be quite disturbing actually (if done wrong), like this for example
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
May 20, 2018 4:49 AM

Feb 2016
Manaban said:
TibetanJazz666 said:

Eh, idk. Tastefulness is pretty relative, for one, and for two I don't really think it needs to be tasteful to be sexy or funny or enthralling, etc etc. I'm not exactly a proponent of this tastefulness thing or the idea that it should be mature and refined, it's fuckin' ecchi, I kind of think it might actively be worse if took a different approach to it more in-line with these values and reduce a lot of the appeal it currently has in order for these kinds of products to appeal to people who don't actually want these sorts of things to begin with, they want something else kind of removed from it.

Like, I'll never forget it, but if this is what people mean when they want tasteful sex appeal, then count me out and give me the bombastic, unashamed, "immature" approach of something like TLR ten times out of ten instead :P

Also, hey, nothing wrong with going for a certain demographic of fans who want a certain type of content. Just as much of a fan as anybody else, regardless of how you see what I'm a fan of, and having works that appeal to me in this sense is pretty goddamn nice.

Obviously it's relative, but I've said what I'd consider tasteful.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm talking about all anime as a whole and not just ecchi. I have no interest in ecchi if I haven't made it clear enough.

I don't believe there's anything like "broadening the appeal", by adding elements you alienate and include different groups of people (maybe not in directly proportional ways). Explicit and unnecessary ecchi alienates me, because it's a sign of how much they're willing to dumb down whatever they're making for the sake of attention. It shows the attitude a studio has and at the end of the day, above all, having random boobs jiggling for no good reason in the middle of anything is not my thing. If that's what you want then watch something with the ecchi tag or just some god damn porn haha.
May 20, 2018 5:01 AM

Aug 2015
Damn man, sometimes I wish I had tits

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
May 20, 2018 5:08 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015

TibetanJazz666 said:
I don't believe there's anything like "broadening the appeal", by adding elements you alienate and include different groups of people (maybe not in directly proportional ways). Explicit and unnecessary ecchi alienates me, (1)because it's a sign of how much they're willing to dumb down whatever they're making for the sake of attention. It shows the attitude a studio has and at the end of the day, above all, having random boobs jiggling for no good reason in the middle of anything is not my thing. (2)If that's what you want then watch something with the ecchi tag or just some god damn porn haha.

(1)Not really. People can actually want these scenes and shots to be a part of their creation and such, it isn't just some inherent attention-whoring or anything of that nature and it's kind of incredibly presumptive and neglectful to the simple fact that, yes, there are people who want to create and draw sexy things and that they can do so in a work without it being the main thing. Simply treating it as attention-whoring or a lack of creative integrity is, well, neglectful to that simple fact and it's kind of being incredibly presumptive. The reason they don't do so in entirely ecchi-oriented works is, well, maybe they just don't want their creation to be as much and instead would rather it be something else and they just pop that in there a bit all the same.

Sure, probability would dictate that there's been cases where it's been used as a crutch and in this cynical fashion people so often ascribe to it on an inherent level like this, but that's...really, really reductive to why it might exist and just seems to be jumping towards the most negative possible conclusion as opposed to being able to look at the whole spectrum and try to find where a specific work lies on that. Never liked that much.

(2)The other thing is that containing it to ecchi is never going to happen because ecchi itself operates alongside those same parameters of including it on top of existing works and the line between "ecchi anime" and "anime with fanservice" isn't so much how they approach it, but rather how much they prioritize it in the work in question. It's not a genre, it's a content tag that is meant to display and communicate the idea that it features these things prominently and little else.

Like, I'm sorry, I understand that you may not like seeing it outside of the tag, but there's nothing that can be done about that without compromising what creators are allowed to put in their work or simply removing the fanservice aspect of it and making it more rooted in a thematic, more closed-off since, which is flipping it into a different kind of series entirely in of itself that doesn't emphasize the sort of sexualization of characters that it displays through the base that it's going on top of, but instead makes it an integral element that everything actually is revolving around, i.e. no longer fanservice ecchi but just straight flipping the approach that people like about these things on its head to be something else entirely. It's the way it functions, at the end of the day the vast majority of ecchi-oriented works are still just fanservice, it just emphasizes its place as a fanservice oriented work much more than others. People have argued for this idea of segregating it to ecchi series pretty much exclusively but whenever I've tried to explain that it isn't so simple and won't really work like that, same stuff I've said here more or less, they just get irritated or something and try to make strange appeals to consensus like "well most people want it like that" even though that's irrelevant to the issue at hand and why it isn't really able to function like so, so please don't do that.
ManabanMay 20, 2018 5:12 AM

May 20, 2018 5:11 AM
Apr 2018
Hakaminah said:

But yeah, there are many anime girls with too big size and it can be quite disturbing actually (if done wrong), like this for example

Why does every have a hate boner for best girl
May 20, 2018 5:13 AM

Feb 2015
ecchiharemgeek said:
Hakaminah said:

Can't speak for others but I find her enormous breasts disgusting.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
May 20, 2018 5:14 AM

Aug 2017
I honestly didn't think anyone would get offended by breasts. We are nursed from them, taking nutrition from them when we were just babes, and are all around comforting.

Well endowment is all well and good and all and I can appreciate a big pair. But there is always such a thing as too big. It honestly does well to make a character seem more like a sex toy when you give her watermelon grade tatas than an actual character at all.
La Li Lu Le Lo
May 20, 2018 5:24 AM

Feb 2010
Tennouji said:
ZionPulse said:
People don't like what they can't have.

Here you go, OP. This completely sums it up.

That's the worst pseudo psychological analysis I've ever seen tbh.

It's the opposite, really. Any layman can tell you that much. We desire what we can't have.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 20, 2018 5:57 AM

Feb 2016
Manaban said:

TibetanJazz666 said:
I don't believe there's anything like "broadening the appeal", by adding elements you alienate and include different groups of people (maybe not in directly proportional ways). Explicit and unnecessary ecchi alienates me, (1)because it's a sign of how much they're willing to dumb down whatever they're making for the sake of attention. It shows the attitude a studio has and at the end of the day, above all, having random boobs jiggling for no good reason in the middle of anything is not my thing. (2)If that's what you want then watch something with the ecchi tag or just some god damn porn haha.

(1)Not really. People can actually want these scenes and shots to be a part of their creation and such, it isn't just some inherent attention-whoring or anything of that nature and it's kind of incredibly presumptive and neglectful to the simple fact that, yes, there are people who want to create and draw sexy things and that they can do so in a work without it being the main thing. Simply treating it as attention-whoring or a lack of creative integrity is, well, neglectful to that simple fact and it's kind of being incredibly presumptive. The reason they don't do so in entirely ecchi-oriented works is, well, maybe they just don't want their creation to be as much and instead would rather it be something else and they just pop that in there a bit all the same.

Sure, probability would dictate that there's been cases where it's been used as a crutch and in this cynical fashion people so often ascribe to it on an inherent level like this, but that's...really, really reductive to why it might exist and just seems to be jumping towards the most negative possible conclusion as opposed to being able to look at the whole spectrum and try to find where a specific work lies on that. Never liked that much.

(2)The other thing is that containing it to ecchi is never going to happen because ecchi itself operates alongside those same parameters of including it on top of existing works and the line between "ecchi anime" and "anime with fanservice" isn't so much how they approach it, but rather how much they prioritize it in the work in question. It's not a genre, it's a content tag that is meant to display and communicate the idea that it features these things prominently and little else.

Like, I'm sorry, I understand that you may not like seeing it outside of the tag, but there's nothing that can be done about that without compromising what creators are allowed to put in their work or simply removing the fanservice aspect of it and making it more rooted in a thematic, more closed-off since, which is flipping it into a different kind of series entirely in of itself that doesn't emphasize the sort of sexualization of characters that it displays through the base that it's going on top of, but instead makes it an integral element that everything actually is revolving around, i.e. no longer fanservice ecchi but just straight flipping the approach that people like about these things on its head to be something else entirely. It's the way it functions, at the end of the day the vast majority of ecchi-oriented works are still just fanservice, it just emphasizes its place as a fanservice oriented work much more than others. People have argued for this idea of segregating it to ecchi series pretty much exclusively but whenever I've tried to explain that it isn't so simple and won't really work like that, same stuff I've said here more or less, they just get irritated or something and try to make strange appeals to consensus like "well most people want it like that" even though that's irrelevant to the issue at hand and why it isn't really able to function like so, so please don't do that.

1) Yes exactly, and if they do it in a fashion that is "tasteful" then they can go for it. My main point here is that to include something for the sake of including something rather than doing it with good reason is pretty stupid and self indulgent to the point of unlike-ability. Lets be honest here, you can talk all you like about artistic integrity but the fact of the matter is that the vast, vast majority of ecchi is there to please a fanbase who are in it for the two large "plots". If you can name some exceptions then go ahead, but that's all they are - exceptions - and even then they'd be better and taken more seriously if they didn't include these elements. The only exception I can think off the top of my head is Kill la Kill, where the nudity actually is a bit part of the themes and plot in which case it's okay, however even there there are certain scenes which really push it. As I said, I'm not against nudity in anime completely or even no fanservice, but for the love of god it's pretty obvious to everyone by now that it's just being abused as a "creative tool".

2) Genre, content tag, whatever. If it's there it's there, big part of the show or not. If it's common enough for me to have a problem with it then that's when I start caring.
May 20, 2018 6:01 AM

Jun 2017
People sometimes don't like them when they are too big.
I m not one of those people
May 20, 2018 6:07 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@TibetanJazz666

adding something for the sake of adding it is called freedom of expression

that is the power of fiction, you can do w/e the fuck you want with it... saying "this should never be done this way" even when its not fucking real is pretty much destroying the only means we have to make something the way we want it

some people just like random sexy shots, for some people the idea of "daring" to throw something sexy in random is more enticing than seeing it somewhere where its expected

and going against "societal norms" is how you make something creative or different or even inspire others, which is part of the reason people find anime so unique, especially westerners

idk why there has to be a double standard when its something sexual or perverted, but this idea that sexy is somehow "cheap" is so fucking stupid... when its our human nature to want to see that stuff, theres no reason to look at that as shameful, the only reason we do is because some idiots in the past decided it was bad and poisoned future generations with that mentality

EcchiGodMamsterMay 20, 2018 6:10 AM
May 20, 2018 6:20 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
TibetanJazz666 said:
1) Yes exactly, and if they do it in a fashion that is "tasteful" then they can go for it. My main point here is that to include something for the sake of including something rather than doing it with good reason is pretty stupid and self indulgent to the point of unlike-ability. Lets be honest here, you can talk all you like about artistic integrity but the fact of the matter is that the vast, vast majority of ecchi is there to please a fanbase who are in it for the two large "plots". If you can name some exceptions then go ahead, but that's all they are - exceptions - and even then they'd be better and taken more seriously if they didn't include these elements. The only exception I can think off the top of my head is Kill la Kill, where the nudity actually is a bit part of the themes and plot in which case it's okay, however even there there are certain scenes which really push it. As I said, I'm not against nudity in anime completely or even no fanservice, but for the love of god it's pretty obvious to everyone by now that it's just being abused as a "creative tool".

If you're opting to interpret the concept of artistic integrity and freedom of expression as being anything more than "just because it makes you uncomfortable doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be included" then you're ascribing an idea to me that I just can't uphold. I'm saying that you should make better arguments against the inclusion of these elements other than just tastefulness or how comfortable it makes you if you want it to be eradicated outside of a certain sect of programming because it comes across as incredibly arrogant to think that your personal feelings should dictate what is or isn't allowed to be displayed.

Also, a point I think you're missing out on is that simply because it's tied into an overarching narrative about said theme doesn't suddenly mean that it's only existing to please an audience. Things aren't so black and white to where either "it's tied into a narrative and deals with it as a theme" or "it's trying to cash into an audience." Again, this was a major point I was trying to communicate - there are people who like these things the way they are and wish to create them themselves. Having a vision of how something should be and creating it like so is still having integrity, and just because it's used as a form of fanservice in execution doesn't necessarily mean that it's being used to cash-in on an audience and little else. That's just ascribing a degree of cynicism to how people can create a type of work that you can't get into, and seemingly don't understand, as funny as that sounds in terms of pretentiousness since there's not really much *to* get. If you've paid attention to ecchi series, you'd generally be able to see the formula they use - take this character, give them a personality and showcase that, and sexualize them. Sometimes there's different settings and different plots, but those are almost rarely used outside of supplementing this aspect instead of the inverse that you seem to be pushing for with the KLK type thing. It's the same sort of thing as reading a swimsuit mag or something, but instead of having this long, boring interview off to the side of the pictures it's being put into animation and demonstrating these things in co-existence with one another. It's literally just context-oriented sexualization of characters. And what I'm arguing against there is the idea that people only create these things to capitalize on an audience, obviously the audience is taken into consideration to some degree but I fail to see how that's a problem with anything nor exclusive to ecchi series in the slightest, and treating it as if that's the only thing being taken into consideration is kind of asinine. There are people who wish to draw and make sexy things. That is not rare, it isn't even uncommon. If you reduce this kind of cycle to "either it doesn't use this formula and uses it as a theme or it is cheap pandering that's just made to exploit a low-tier audience" that you're kind of implying here then the fault lies on your own sense of being reductive and narrowing things down to something that you wish to see and think rather than taking the whole playing field into any kind of consideration.

And no, it isn't obvious to me that it's being abused as a "creative tool" whenever the arguments people convinced of as much tend to function in the way that you're doing so here, it's literally just seeing and then projecting creative intent since you can't fathom the idea that anybody would actually want to make and create these types of series in earnest - I've said it before, when you look at the details of the drawings and all of the ways they push fanservice and try to elude censorship problems in Japan in the TLR manga, and when they responded by only turning these elements up and pushing the envelope further after the BPO tried to hit his series and remove it from shelves in Tokyo, I'm convinced that somebody like Yabuki Kentarou is as dedicated to his craft as somebody like Yuasa Masaki is, just the latter is easier to accept for people who have a pre-established idea of how something can and should be created with a sense of drive and passion to it. That's all it sounds like to me, and I know it doesn't sound nice, but I don't really have any evidence to the contrary and the way you're approaching this as being completely black and white in terms of why people create stuff is only kind of reinforcing the existing issues with this sentiment on a whole - especially when you casually toss in Argumentum ad populum fallacies like this to try to support your claim here:

TibetanJazz666 said:
but for the love of god it's pretty obvious to everyone by now that it's just being abused as a "creative tool".

ManabanMay 20, 2018 6:34 AM

May 20, 2018 6:34 AM

Aug 2016
It'll reinforce their families' notion that they're shameless degenerates.
May 20, 2018 7:03 AM

Jul 2013
ecchiharemgeek said:
Hakaminah said:

Oh Idk her tits are TOO big for her own good.. How the faiz could she even stand up.

May 20, 2018 7:31 AM

Oct 2015
There's such a thing as unbelievably big... or probably just personal taste from other people I personally like mine "handy" but who cares about Tits?

I AM AN ASS-MAN!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2018 8:20 AM

Feb 2016
Manaban said:
TibetanJazz666 said:

If you're opting to interpret the concept of artistic integrity and freedom of expression as being anything more than "just because it makes you uncomfortable doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be included" then you're ascribing an idea to me that I just can't uphold. I'm saying that you should make better arguments against the inclusion of these elements other than just tastefulness or how comfortable it makes you if you want it to be eradicated outside of a certain sect of programming because it comes across as incredibly arrogant to think that your personal feelings should dictate what is or isn't allowed to be displayed.

Also, a point I think you're missing out on is that simply because it's tied into an overarching narrative about said theme doesn't suddenly mean that it's only existing to please an audience. Things aren't so black and white to where either "it's tied into a narrative and deals with it as a theme" or "it's trying to cash into an audience." Again, this was a major point I was trying to communicate - there are people who like these things the way they are and wish to create them themselves. Having a vision of how something should be and creating it like so is still having integrity, and just because it's used as a form of fanservice in execution doesn't necessarily mean that it's being used to cash-in on an audience and little else. That's just ascribing a degree of cynicism to how people can create a type of work that you can't get into, and seemingly don't understand, as funny as that sounds in terms of pretentiousness since there's not really much *to* get. If you've paid attention to ecchi series, you'd generally be able to see the formula they use - take this character, give them a personality and showcase that, and sexualize them. Sometimes there's different settings and different plots, but those are almost rarely used outside of supplementing this aspect instead of the inverse that you seem to be pushing for with the KLK type thing. It's the same sort of thing as reading a swimsuit mag or something, but instead of having this long, boring interview off to the side of the pictures it's being put into animation and demonstrating these things in co-existence with one another. It's literally just context-oriented sexualization of characters. And what I'm arguing against there is the idea that people only create these things to capitalize on an audience, obviously the audience is taken into consideration to some degree but I fail to see how that's a problem with anything nor exclusive to ecchi series in the slightest, and treating it as if that's the only thing being taken into consideration is kind of asinine. There are people who wish to draw and make sexy things. That is not rare, it isn't even uncommon. If you reduce this kind of cycle to "either it doesn't use this formula and uses it as a theme or it is cheap pandering that's just made to exploit a low-tier audience" that you're kind of implying here then the fault lies on your own sense of being reductive and narrowing things down to something that you wish to see and think rather than taking the whole playing field into any kind of consideration.

And no, it isn't obvious to me that it's being abused as a "creative tool" whenever the arguments people convinced of as much tend to function in the way that you're doing so here, it's literally just seeing and then projecting creative intent since you can't fathom the idea that anybody would actually want to make and create these types of series in earnest - I've said it before, when you look at the details of the drawings and all of the ways they push fanservice and try to elude censorship problems in Japan in the TLR manga, and when they responded by only turning these elements up and pushing the envelope further after the BPO tried to hit his series and remove it from shelves in Tokyo, I'm convinced that somebody like Yabuki Kentarou is as dedicated to his craft as somebody like Yuasa Masaki is, just the latter is easier to accept for people who have a pre-established idea of how something can and should be created with a sense of drive and passion to it. That's all it sounds like to me, and I know it doesn't sound nice, but I don't really have any evidence to the contrary and the way you're approaching this as being completely black and white in terms of why people create stuff is only kind of reinforcing the existing issues with this sentiment on a whole - especially when you casually toss in Argumentum ad populum fallacies like this to try to support your claim here:

TibetanJazz666 said:
but for the love of god it's pretty obvious to everyone by now that it's just being abused as a "creative tool".

First things first, stop putting words into my mouth. I never said these things should never be shown or that they even make me "uncomfortable". I just said that's not what I like to see.

I think you're really giving the people who create this stuff far more credit than they deserve. Like it or not, popular entertainment (anime include) has very little to do with "self-expression" and artistic integrity. It's a god damn business, their main goals are to entertain as many people as possible and to make money. If all you're taking away from my point is that it make me "uncomfortable" then you're really not getting it.

And yes, it actually is this black and white when it comes to anime created for large audiences, because why would they do it? Spend time and money on these things when it won't please an audience is not something they like doing. If they did then they'd be losing cash. Had this not been the case then we would see a lot more anime longer than 12 episodes.

Call it cynical all you like, but this is the harsh reality of business. The artists rarely control what they make, the producers do.
May 20, 2018 8:27 AM

Feb 2016
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
@TibetanJazz666

that is the power of fiction, you can do w/e the fuck you want with it... saying "this should never be done this way" even when its not fucking real is pretty much destroying the only means we have to make something the way we want it

some people just like random sexy shots, for some people the idea of "daring" to throw something sexy in random is more enticing than seeing it somewhere where its expected

and going against "societal norms" is how you make something creative or different or even inspire others, which is part of the reason people find anime so unique, especially westerners

idk why there has to be a double standard when its something sexual or perverted, but this idea that sexy is somehow "cheap" is so fucking stupid... when its our human nature to want to see that stuff, theres no reason to look at that as shameful, the only reason we do is because some idiots in the past decided it was bad and poisoned future generations with that mentality

You too seem to be giving businesses too much credit.

Stop thinking that artists are the people who control what gets published, especially in anime. That kind of thinking will only set you up for disappointment.

Sexuality is cheap in the sense that it's an easy way to garner audiences. It's not inherently wrong or anything but I personally don't like it when something completely unrelated is taking up the majority of the screen half of the time, and I start thinking especially cynical thoughts in this case because of just how easily sexuality increases audience in anime.
May 20, 2018 8:47 AM

Dec 2017
As someone who doesn't particularly like ecchi, this is the kind of ecchi that triggers me:

May 20, 2018 8:57 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TibetanJazz666 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
@TibetanJazz666

Stop thinking that artists are the people who control what gets published, especially in anime. That kind of thinking will only set you up for disappointment.

Sexuality is cheap in the sense that it's an easy way to garner audiences. It's not inherently wrong or anything but I personally don't like it when something completely unrelated is taking up the majority of the screen half of the time, and I start thinking especially cynical thoughts in this case because of just how easily sexuality increases audience in anime.

what is wrong with using human nature/instinct to gain an audience? that is done all the time and everywhere, why is it all of a sudden a bad thing to people when its sexual, especially when its perverted?

EcchiGodMamsterMay 20, 2018 9:05 AM
May 20, 2018 8:58 AM

Aug 2016
So nobody misunderstands what I'm saying, I'll start off with this: I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with fanservice. In fact, while they aren't usually my cup of tea, there is a place in the world for ecchi. It's all in how it's used.

But there are also times it becomes a problem for the viewer. In the Steins;Gate example you gave, this is less because the characters have big boobs, but because the characters didn't have them before. Not enough time in the story has passed for any of their bodies to mature at all, so the most likely reason they could've done this is because somebody in the staff decided "Hey, these girls will sell more merchandise if they have bigger boobs!" Which is not a very well thought out decision in the context that these are classic, popular characters that would've made them truckloads of money just by existing -- that means they messed with the character designs in an effort to market to fans they clearly didn't understand in the slightest. Or at least, that's the message this is projecting to people who aren't in the know of what went on behind the scenes. Is it a huge problem? No, not at all. Is it insulting to the fans? Yeah, while I don't care much in this case, I can absolutely see why people wouldn't like this.

As for more general examples, it depends on the person, and on the series. Some common reasons for people to dislike fanservice are when it's way too exaggerated (see Getsuyoubi no Tawawa's gargantuan boobs), the precise subject matter is disgusting (see Eromanga-sensei's 12-year-olds and pseudo-incest), and/or it gets in the way of the overall quality of the series (see Seiren, which advertised itself as depicting "pure relationships," yet spent a lot of screen time on fanservice and sexual humor. It wouldn't have been a very good series anyway, but without that I might've been able to call it "meh" rather than "bad.").

Imagine if Death Note episode 7 suddenly had Naomi take her top off and come onto Light. Having that one bit of unwarranted fanservice in there would've got in the way of what's possibly the best episode of the entire series, not just because it would interrupt the flow, but also because it would betray the tone and characterization, and take up valuable time that could've otherwise been used to emphasize the core appeals of the series.

But again, the key word is "unwarranted." If a writer's going to make ecchi moments one of the core appeals of a series, I say go right ahead. Just keep it separate from the places that really wouldn't benefit from it.
TwilightCelicaMay 20, 2018 9:09 AM
May 20, 2018 9:03 AM
Feb 2017
lazypigz said:

i also don't understand are when people get triggered by tiddies that are just a tad bigger

What do you consider being a tad bigger? Give me an example of a character with just a tad bigger tiddies.

May 20, 2018 9:05 AM

Feb 2016
B
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
TibetanJazz666 said:

what is wrong with using human nature/instinct to gain an audience? that is done all the time and everywhere, why is it all of a sudden a bad thing to people when its sexual especially, perverted?

Because it's completely unrelated to whatever is going on. It's not essential or artistic, it's just a lazy add-on which holds no relevant weight and is only there in an attempt to dilute whatever the point of the show it for the purpose of making more money. (Depends on the series of course but I'm talking about a standard anime which doesn't have ecchi as one of it's genres or the subject matter has nothing to do with this, etc.)
May 20, 2018 9:07 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TibetanJazz666 said:
B
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

what is wrong with using human nature/instinct to gain an audience? that is done all the time and everywhere, why is it all of a sudden a bad thing to people when its sexual especially, perverted?

Because it's completely unrelated to whatever is going on. It's not essential or artistic, it's just a lazy add-on which holds no relevant weight and is only there in an attempt to dilute whatever the point of the show it for the purpose of making more money. (Depends on the series of course but I'm talking about a standard anime which doesn't have ecchi as one of it's genres or the subject matter has nothing to do with this, etc.)

you do realize that adding things for just the sake of it has its own appeal?

and its called freedom of expression?

and has it ever occurred to you that maybe some people just like adding sexy shots to their anime?

the rest is just subjective as fuck.. then again.. so is every argument against it and idk how you know thats all its there for.. maybe japan just likes to be perveted

you're basically acting like anime wasn't always like this

also, one thing people don't seem to realize is that adding fanservice doesnt' guarantee better sales

EcchiGodMamsterMay 20, 2018 9:14 AM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion?

castle2001 - 4 hours ago

19 by Subarctic-Forest »»
2 minutes ago

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

10 by oappo »»
11 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3

707supremacist - 6 hours ago

34 by GOL_D_EN »»
13 minutes ago

» who was your first/best anime waifu?

Coldsp33d - Today

26 by blff266697 »»
20 minutes ago

» Do you watch anime on Funimation???

DesuMaiden - 5 hours ago

17 by luckyrune »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.