Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 19, 2018 10:12 AM

Jan 2018
Oh, my man Futoshi he's such a great guy.

And here i was hoping to see some girl on girl action scene at least that's what i thought after watching the preview for this episode.

Not a good episode as i've expected it to be.
May 19, 2018 10:15 AM
Apr 2018
That an episode! Shit happened but I have a feeling that in next episode they'll start their rebellion...
Respect for Futoshi, he has balls!

PS: I really hope Kokoro and Mitsuru will regain their memories like Hiro did. Also, Imagine if Kokoro did get pregnant but since it was in his first days, APE didn't notice that and it wasn't aborted...Kokoro will have weird syndromes without knowing what it is...
May 19, 2018 10:16 AM
Sep 2011
GundamSoul said:
Jesus. The worst thing about this series is all the whining fans. Maybe wait till it's done before judging it.

I was on-the-fence after seeing vague descriptors on AD about this fandom being the pits, but Good Lord does this sub-forum function as a free ad for birth control/abortions.
Jan 2017
PAPA CAN GO FUCK HIMSELF... ALSO THE NINES FUCK THEM MITSURU X KOKORO ALL THE FUCKING WAY...

So yeah, Ep. 18 great episode. Never been this excited to wait for another episode
Nov 2017
Yuri intensifies... Out of a side character thats had sooo little development. Ah well.

Papa is REALLY worried about the old ways being taught it seems. Hm. Wonder why that could be.

Overall an okay episode. The possible foreshadowing doesn't look particularly good!
May 19, 2018 10:17 AM
Sep 2016
RobertBobert said:
Damn, this episode gives more questions than answers. Ikuno confessed to Ichigo? Yes, but she did not give an answer. Kokoro and Mitsuro married? Yes, but the Papa and the Nines intervened. I even do not want to talk about flashbacks. Eventually, this episode teases even more than a preview of the past.

Considering that Ichigo made the similarity with her and Hiro I would say that it is quite clear is over, she unlike the time with Goro she did not say I can not answer you now, she simply explained that it's okay to feel that way and that the feelings even if painful they are part of life, among other things, the hair clipper has been named again to say that it is different from before .....
May 19, 2018 10:21 AM

Apr 2018
Hopefully now they will realize Papa isn't on their side, that they've all been indoctrinated, and that something really bad is coming. REBELLION IS ON THE HORIZON.
Zero Two's dream was very clearly a vision, a big steamy ball of foreshadowing.
I thought the wedding would be the first good thing to happen to any of the characters but boy was I wrong. Kokoro and Mitsuru went from being my 2nd least favorite couple to my tied first favorite (with Zero Two and Hiro). Good episode. I'm hyped
May 19, 2018 10:23 AM
Aug 2017
I felt like the interruption of wedding (right at the last sec) and memory erasion were pretty predictable imo. Maybe I'm just used to things like these in animes.
Looks like we won't get a great storyline because there are not much episodes to build off of left. Or it will be extremely rushed. Or the anime will get a second season.
But yeah, Darling in the Franxxx has been getting less and less enjoyable for me with each episode past month, for some reason. Maybe I didn't expect this to become a straigh up romance anime. Not gonna stop watching tho, just in case.
May 19, 2018 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
Kokoro was beautiful and Mitsuru was a lucky bastard, ...for 5 seconds.
May 19, 2018 10:24 AM
Sep 2017
What zero two saw in her dreams?
May 19, 2018 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
Boring episode with a predictable ending with the capture but not with the brainwash. That was nice.

Seems like we are finally gonna be getting some story that matters next week. THANK GOD!

Feb 2016
Lmfao, after being explicitly told that they were being watched they still have the guts to make a wedding and act like "oh shit, didn't knew this was going to happen"

Sucks for Ikuno what this "papa" Franxx system is homophobic lmfao

Can we please just move on with this teenage crap? Its heading nowhere as we don't know yet who this "papa" is, Nines are still a complete mystery, Klaxo princess basically serves no purpose than just foreshadowing the "Epic final battle"

1/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall

Apr 2012
thekillfra said:
RobertBobert said:
Damn, this episode gives more questions than answers. Ikuno confessed to Ichigo? Yes, but she did not give an answer. Kokoro and Mitsuro married? Yes, but the Papa and the Nines intervened. I even do not want to talk about flashbacks. Eventually, this episode teases even more than a preview of the past.

Considering that Ichigo made the similarity with her and Hiro I would say that it is quite clear is over, she unlike the time with Goro she did not say I can not answer you now, she simply explained that it's okay to feel that way and that the feelings even if painful they are part of life, among other things, the hair clipper has been named again to say that it is different from before .....

The problem is that this actually turns Ikuno into a lesbian version of Goro and the transformation of Ichigo into Hiro vol 2, while Mitsuru and Kokoro become Hiro and 02 vol 2. This is some kind of perverse trolling.
May 19, 2018 10:26 AM

Sep 2017
Congintive said:

And here i was hoping to see some girl on girl action scene at least that's what i thought after watching the preview for this episode.

Not a good episode as i've expected it to be.

I agree with you m8.
May 19, 2018 10:26 AM

Apr 2008
In episode 16 we seen 02 drawing with her right hand, in episode 18 she is using her left hand. Predictable writing and inconsistent character traits, that is what this show will be remembered for.

And also 02, because she is a rather adorable character.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
May 19, 2018 10:28 AM

Feb 2016
Longing4Abyss said:
So this episode confirms this anime is trash. 6 episodes left is not enough for a good rest of the story.

This anime has been driving himself to a corner for a long time already, should have been obvious since they spent 18 episodes on doing almost nothing but pointless drama
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 19, 2018 10:29 AM

Feb 2017
Futoshi is the biggest man out of them, good guy. I can't remember the last time I was this revolted and angry about the anime episode. Fuck them for doing that to them.
May 19, 2018 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Sweet moments, but ruined by APE/papa/nines again. Guess the calm has ended and storm will come in next episode.
I hope Plantation 13 and other plantation will fight back against APE/papa/nines.
May 19, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty underwhelming.
Last two episodes could have been easily put together into one.

Remember when people were excited about the Gran Crevasse door open.
May 19, 2018 10:31 AM

Aug 2011
I had my suspects about something, but this chapter just confirmed it.

Hiro is the narrator of the story, he's narrating it, the show is him talking about the past, and sadly, chap 18 confirmed it with the "the time time I spent smiling with you is full of happines", he's talking about that moment, about these episodes where we had 002 smiling. He's talking about her like, if in the present, 002 isn't there anympre.

Bad Ending is just confirmed
May 19, 2018 10:32 AM
Apr 2018
GundamSoul said:
Jesus. The worst thing about this series is all the whining fans. Maybe wait till it's done before judging it.

The best thing to do is ignoring them :)
May 19, 2018 10:34 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
Welp no happiness for anyone it looks like they may remember a few ep's from now but it is unlikely I think.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 19, 2018 10:35 AM
Oct 2017
i read 1984 in high school too
May 19, 2018 10:36 AM
Apr 2018
geotraceur said:
I had my suspects about something, but this chapter just confirmed it.

Hiro is the narrator of the story, he's narrating it, the show is him talking about the past, and sadly, chap 18 confirmed it with the "the time time I spent smiling with you is full of happines", he's talking about that moment, about these episodes where we had 002 smiling. He's talking about her like, if in the present, 002 isn't there anympre.

Bad Ending is just confirmed

NO! I don't want Zero Two to die :(
They'll probably be separated but this bad ending has like...50% "chance" of happening?
May 19, 2018 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Can something happen already?

Apr 2014
RobertBobert said:
thekillfra said:

The problem is that this actually turns Ikuno into a lesbian version of Goro and the transformation of Ichigo into Hiro vol 2, while Mitsuru and Kokoro become Hiro and 02 vol 2. This is some kind of perverse trolling.

This is also funny considering she has yet to give a concrete answer to Goro on whether she returns his feelings or not.

Oct 2015
Seriously fuck Nines and APE for ruining Hiro and friends lives, and everything.

We still have 6 episodes left for the series ending. I hope they don't rush too much for that. :0

(I'm expecting the mecha action next week or 2 weeks from now)
May 19, 2018 10:39 AM

Apr 2016
It was a decent episode, except all the gay shit.
Just when Mitsuru and Kokoro were about to kiss those f**king bastards interrupted it. And they have now memories altered and don't remember each other and that they love each other :(
Zero Two now is starting to remember the peoples who killed..I can see the death flag raising :((

May 19, 2018 10:40 AM

Oct 2015
I am so pissed right now, I hope the klaxosaur princess will kill the Nine’s and Papa and those damn APE human wannabes. I’m 100% certain that Mitsuru & Kokoro memories will return, I mean Hiro got his memories of Zero Two return. I miss the actions though.
May 19, 2018 10:40 AM

Jan 2011
On a good note, the two still live, bad news they've had their memories altered, they don't seem to even remember each other so it wasn't even a roll back. Another good thing to note is as 02 said their memories were altered much the same as Hiro and her's so there's the chance they'll regain them in time. Being put with the rest of the squads gives them a chance to fight back against the APE dues, though I am not sure how if at all squad 13 will rally the rest. They could just fish out all the secret emotions and insecurities all the squads held within themselves or they could simply chop off the head single handedly. I foresee at least a bittersweet ending in the future.

P.S. It is safe to say that Kokoro isn't pregnant, at least not anymore. Zorome mentioned weeks and given the thoroughness of APE I severely doubt they would have missed that. For now the Futisho-bros can take a breather, "Whorekoro" or "Hokoro" paid the price for whatever y'all think she did wrong. I wonder if Futoshi will seize this opportunity or will he respect their wishes and try to help them remember.
May 19, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2008
the problem not was the wedding, was that they fucked like appes in heat while hachi was looking
May 19, 2018 10:47 AM
Sep 2016
RobertBobert said:
thekillfra said:

in reality no Ikuno here is Ichigo with Hiro, she falls in love for the name as Ichigo with Hiro, the "violent" and possessive reaction, the crying and the fact that she can not accept the fact that she does not correspond, I would say the contrary to Goro, the characters are very different, and that Ikuno was lesbian was clear from the first episodes same thing of Kokoro's attraction to Mitsuru, they simply shut down the pending things, before the final
May 19, 2018 10:48 AM
Mar 2018
that was fucked up man
May 19, 2018 10:48 AM

Oct 2012
HereticHunter said:
Longing4Abyss said:
So this episode confirms this anime is trash. 6 episodes left is not enough for a good rest of the story.

This anime has been driving himself to a corner for a long time already, should have been obvious since they spent 18 episodes on doing almost nothing but pointless drama

It's a coming of age story set in a dystopic world. The drama is the point of the story. Yes, there's only 6 episodes left but if you're familiar with Trigger's other works a ton can happen in a short time. I think we just watched the come before the relentless storm. It's on now!
May 19, 2018 10:51 AM

Dec 2017
HAHAHA FBI OPEN UP

man, what the fuck this show turned to.. my god, it was unbearable. fucking 17 episodes of build-up and only NOW you're turning the plot point
FMmatron said:
Wtf, a wedding? And Futoshi acting as the pastor ? Lmao.when will we get the baby,tho, or was it aborted

But welp,dream wedding got interrupted and memories were changed.A chance for Futoshi ?

a chance for double NTR? double burn seems good lmao
uninstallthegameMay 19, 2018 10:59 AM
May 19, 2018 10:51 AM

Jan 2011
MonkeyDJasper said:
If you actually used your brain and cognitive functions , you would know the plot is the kids learning the truth of who they are and surviving . This is a character drama that just happens to take place in mech .

That's pretty much a huge chunk of any post-apocalyptic setting/dystopian. If it were just for the mecha fights I would've dropped it a while ago. The character interactions while bare bones at times is a big chunk of why people watch entertainment. I have no words for anyone who doesn't get that.
May 19, 2018 10:58 AM

Feb 2011
I feel like Ikuno's confesion came out of the blue, with no prior development that leads to it. It was just kinda thrown into our faces and we're just supposed to accept it.
May 19, 2018 10:59 AM

Aug 2013
lel, I feel pretty funny and pathetic about guys who say Mitsuru and Kokoro deserve it even tho the cucked boy is saying he want to congratulates them first. I guess if the wedding goes right, Futoshi gonna be the next Hachi, since obviously Hachi's also got NTR'd in the past.

How about the baby tho? did they abort it, or Mitsuru fail to make the baby in the first place? xD

Now, how do they adapt with the battle field. Since Mitsuru and Kokoro is partner and their memories is altered, I figure that will effect their formation, will they back to the old partner? or will they still put them in the same robot, increasing the chance for both of them remember again.

hah, dem death flag. it's obvious that Drawing book will never completed, or the moment its complete, Zero two gonna gone.
May 19, 2018 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
MiiyoSon said:
RobertBobert said:

This is also funny considering she has yet to give a concrete answer to Goro on whether she returns his feelings or not.

Yep, this is our new love triangle.

thekillfra said:
RobertBobert said:

in reality no Ikuno here is Ichigo with Hiro, she falls in love for the name as Ichigo with Hiro, the "violent" and possessive reaction, the crying and the fact that she can not accept the fact that she does not correspond, I would say the contrary to Goro, the characters are very different, and that Ikuno was lesbian was clear from the first episodes same thing of Kokoro's attraction to Mitsuru, they simply shut down the pending things, before the final

It's not about "whether she was a lesbian before." It's about the fact that now Ikuno begins to occupy the same place in the plot as Goro in terms of romance. Now for me it's like a love triangle between Hiro, Ichigo and Ichigo-Guy

May 19, 2018 11:01 AM

Jan 2011
Hatsuyuki said:
I feel like Ikuno's confesion came out of the blue, with no prior development that leads to it. It was just kinda thrown into our faces and we're just supposed to accept it.

It was implicit, subtle but there. Her aversion to Mitsuru (apart from him being a douche at the time), her suggestion of pistil to pistil connection, no interest in any male character. I mean in actuality this doesn't mean someone is gay but you know how anime loves to pair up their characters. In a show where this is strongly implied and tied to sex you have to ask yourself why would she want to have her ass poked out in front of Ichigo?
May 19, 2018 11:02 AM
Nov 2014
with 6 episodes left, I'm starting to worry that the remaining episodes will ended up rushed.

but this episode left a lot of good points like the character development and tension (coz the 9's made me pissed off along with the freaking APES and that Papa bastard)

from those aside, am i the only one looking forward for another klaxosaur princess appearance?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2018 11:03 AM
Aug 2016
I'm not trying to complain, but I wish this show would focus a little more on the mecha fights. It's turning into a teenage love drama.

Also, this episode gave me a good idea of who the real antagonists are.
May 19, 2018 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
I liked how Ichigo was in the scene after the opening. I've wondered why Hachi always seems calm and collected about everything, turns out he got his emotions stollen. Well dang.

He looks better with his hair long just saying

We got to see Zero Two's aggressive side again, it's been a while. I want to throw the Nines out a window.

May 19, 2018 11:05 AM

Apr 2008
VinnyLam said:
I'm not trying to complain, but I wish this show would focus a little more on the mecha fights. It's turning into a teenage love drama.

Cause that's what it is. The mecha is just part of the world. If you want mecha battles go watch Gundam. People need to realize this series is a character drama and has had a lot of development. That's what the plot is and it's been there since day one.
May 19, 2018 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
This episode was very underwhelming, at some point even cringe

Wish the show actually focused on the story about klaxosaurs/the princess/how the world ended up in this state/the purpose of all that shit which "papa" is doing, this is what would make this anime great
May 19, 2018 11:09 AM

Dec 2017
Hatsuyuki said:

cmon bruh, it was implied so many times.

-every time they showed her looking at ichigo staring the shit out of her,
-her pairing with ichigo at the franxx and the frustration it didn't work out,
-when 002 licked her neck and told her "i taste a secret",
-the slap in the face of 9 alpha.

a lot of shit was shown, but it doesn't matter really if ichigo won't go the yuri route anyways
uninstallthegameMay 19, 2018 11:15 AM

Jan 2011
RemnantMemory said:
lel, I feel pretty funny and pathetic about guys who say Mitsuru and Kokoro deserve it even tho the cucked boy is saying he want to congratulates them first. I guess if the wedding goes right, Futoshi gonna be the next Hachi, since obviously Hachi's also got NTR'd in the past.

How about the baby tho? did they abort it, or Mitsuru fail to make the baby in the first place? xD

Now, how do they adapt with the battle field. Since Mitsuru and Kokoro is partner and their memories is altered, I figure that will effect their formation, will they back to the old partner? or will they still put them in the same robot, increasing the chance for both of them remember again.

hah, dem death flag. it's obvious that Drawing book will never completed, or the moment its complete, Zero two gonna gone.

He did the most non-creepy thing by wishing them the best. A friend once told me; "Sometimes you have to love someone enough to let them go." These are one of those situations. Seriously what was he gonna do? Rape Kokoro? Kill Mitsuru? He has to respect their wishes, period. That's really the best you can do for yourself at times.

As far as "the baby", yah. I severely doubt they would've missed that, especially given how there was constant surveillance.

I think they'll maintain the same partner layout. I mean it has had proven results. Ikuno can function well with Futoshi and Mitsuru X Kokoro works far better for the former. I doubt they're concerned about their memories returning (though it has happened at least twice [Hiro and 02 and Nana]) Especially considering that an extreme event had to take place to bring one of those back. At worst they'll brainwash them again, there doesn't seem to be any mention of damage, otherwise.

Not sure, somehow I feel they'll all survive, they've got a lot of mooks to possibly team up with. Though, as I have mentioned how will they rally them I dunno. But then again this is anime. It's a common occurrence to rally thousands to their deaths with little but a few vague sentences.

VinnyLam said:

Also, this episode gave me a good idea of who the real antagonists are.

I think we've past that point about 14 episodes ago.

GundamSoul said:
VinnyLam said:

Cause that's what it is. The mecha is just part of the world. If you want mecha battles go watch Gundam. People need to realize this series is a character drama and has had a lot of development. That's what the plot is and it's been there since day one.

I'm writing a story with meches and spaceships. My biggest concern isn't really the mechas but how the characters will interact. The conflicts, politics and effect on people lives. It's pretty easy to make a cool mecha no one can beat, but how does a character carry on knowing he is constantly butchering countless souls? Does he feel remorse? why he continue? Does he have a choice? Is there an end goal or is he just trying to be the baddest mech pilot this side of Gundam?
QWERTYFish25May 19, 2018 11:14 AM

Aug 2012
Expected either the men in black or the 9s were going to crash the wedding and they both showed up. At least Hachi cares enough to put in an appearance.

Letting them both keep the rings though. Either not thorough or Dr. Franxx ordered them kept.

Looking forward to a 9s vs. Squad 13 showdown, even better if they win without Strelizia. All resources being concentrated for the final humans vs. klaxosaur campaign, some cliffhangers imminent.
May 19, 2018 11:10 AM

Apr 2011
That unexpected yuri LOL

Anyway, I felt sad for Kokoro and Mitsuru...

May 19, 2018 11:11 AM
Mar 2008
People, in 6 episodes a lot of shit can happen, you need to calm down and wait. Patience is key.
Besides, i have a vague idea how this will end now and if it turns out to be true, then it wont be a bad ending (in terms of it being shit, not in terms of not having a happy ending or not)
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.