Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 9, 2018 7:50 AM
Jul 2017
Rakhil said:
Yes. Baki has motivated me to work out. Now I'm able to do 130 push ups in a row. Before I couldn't even do 10.
Wow! I really should start watching Baki. I have always wanted to do 100 push ups in a row but never have been able to. Right now I can do about 43 push ups in a row with bad form. Two years ago I was able to do 50 push ups. Do you have any tips and about how long did it take you to get from 10 to 130?

May 9, 2018 7:51 AM
Jul 2017
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
SuperKHS1 said:
Do you mind sharing your exercise material?

Lmao just look at my list if you wanna know xD
I will. Thanks for sharing research material. :D
May 9, 2018 7:54 AM

Nov 2017
@SuperKHS1
yea haijme no ippo got me into boxing too
i joined a club and go there till this day
May 9, 2018 7:55 AM

Dec 2015
Slam Dunk made me really want to play basketball, and now I want to play volleyball because of Haikyuu.
May 9, 2018 8:02 AM

Dec 2016
SuperKHS1 said:
Stiff99 said:
Hajime no Ippo made me want to beat the shit out of people
Yeah! I have had the same effect with DBS, Naruto, Fairy Tail and other battle shounen. Something like this?

Dragon Ball got me hyped as a kid but DBS was pretty disappointing as a long time fan.

But the thing about Ippo was that it felt real unlike other battle shonen like I could throw punches like them but not do Kamehameha even though I have tried it a million times lmao.
That's why it really made an impact.

You could throw a Puch like that in the gif and that's pretty dope

Anyways I suggest watching the original Dragon Ball series of you haven't already , rest are meh
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

May 9, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2018
One Punch Man Mande me me want to exercise

No but seriously just listening to the opening gets me pumped.
May 9, 2018 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
One Piece has made me really interested in running cause I really love when Sanji runs and those shock wave kind of things appears. I know it's not possible to happen in real life but I would really love if I could run very fast like him.
May 9, 2018 8:18 AM

Jan 2017
Not particularly but I suppose this would be a good place to ask if anyone has seen any Track and Field/Cross Country/Olympics (Track and Field/Marathon)/Marathon/Road Running, etc anime or manga. If you have seen any, please tell me. I would strongly prefer them to have running as the centerpiece but if its a side aspect, I guess I'll try them out anyway.

Edit: Other than Uma Musume
RunningShirtGuyMay 9, 2018 8:27 AM
May 9, 2018 8:20 AM
Jul 2017
Stiff99 said:
SuperKHS1 said:
Yeah! I have had the same effect with DBS, Naruto, Fairy Tail and other battle shounen. Something like this?

Dragon Ball got me hyped as a kid but DBS was pretty disappointing as a long time fan.

But the thing about Ippo was that it felt real unlike other battle shonen like I could throw punches like them but not do Kamehameha even though I have tried it a million times lmao.

Anyways I suggest watching the original Dragon Ball series of you haven't already , rest are meh
Haven't watched it completely. I did watch it like probably about 8 years ago. It has a lot of episodes and I had watch a lot of it so I just can't get the motivation to start watching it from the beginning again, neither do I remember where I left it at :D. I have also tried the instant transmission, spirit bomb and kamehameha many times :DDDD.

Hajime no Ippo is something I should watch since I haven't.
May 9, 2018 8:22 AM
Jul 2017
HILrebellion said:
@SuperKHS1
yea haijme no ippo got me into boxing too
i joined a club and go there till this day
Great! That's really nice to be able to stick to something for a long time.
May 9, 2018 8:22 AM
Jul 2017
Emerald_Winter said:
Slam Dunk made me really want to play basketball, and now I want to play volleyball because of Haikyuu.
Exactly. I didn't like volleyball until I watched Haikyuu :DD.
May 9, 2018 8:26 AM
Jul 2017
GuyWRunningShirt said:
Not particularly but I suppose this would be a good place to ask if anyone has seen any Track and Field/Cross Country/Olympics (Track and Field/Marathon)/Marathon/Road Running, etc anime or manga. If you have seen any, please tell me. I would strongly prefer them to have running as the centerpiece but if its a side aspect, I guess I'll try them out anyway.
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby! Airing right now in this season.

May 9, 2018 8:27 AM

Jan 2017
SuperKHS1 said:
GuyWRunningShirt said:

Yeah, I've been watching that! Do you know of any others?
May 9, 2018 9:03 AM
Jul 2017
GuyWRunningShirt said:
SuperKHS1 said:

Yeah, I've been watching that! Do you know of any others?
You may have already seen this post, but here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1150749

There were couple :)
May 9, 2018 9:05 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Amanchu made me want to go scuba diving but I live nowhere near an ocean.

May 9, 2018 9:14 AM
Jul 2017
Stripes said:
Amanchu made me want to go scuba diving but I live nowhere near an ocean.

Well that sucks :(. Yuru Camp made me want to try out cup noodles. I tried, but didn't really like em :D. I prefer the normal ones that are in a some sort of packaging :).

May 9, 2018 10:23 AM

Dec 2016
SuperKHS1 said:
Stiff99 said:

Haven't watched it completely. I did watch it like probably about 8 years ago. It has a lot of episodes and I had watch a lot of it so I just can't get the motivation to start watching it from the beginning again, neither do I remember where I left it at :D. I have also tried the instant transmission, spirit bomb and kamehameha many times :DDDD.

Hajime no Ippo is something I should watch since I haven't.

Instant Transmission lmao😂😂😂😂

Try English dub for the First season of Ippo , it's really good

Rest of the seasons don't have dubs and they aren't even good tbh

Ippo goes downhill once the 2nd Season kicks in but the comedy-sol moments are still great

People have been trashing the manga tho
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

May 9, 2018 3:29 PM
May 2016
Anime girls make me wanna exercise my arm muscles, if that counts
May 9, 2018 3:31 PM
May 2018
Haikyuu made me play volleyball hahaha ;)
May 9, 2018 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
SuperKHS1 said:
kirokito said:
Slam Dunk made me want to play more basketball
That's great! I have it in my plan to read list. Do you know which is better the manga or the anime? I really liked Kuroko No Basuke because of the "super powers" and the special effects.

honestly haven't read the manga but I highly enjoyed the Anime !
May 9, 2018 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
Card Captor Sakura made me roller skate
Prince of tennis made me play tennis
Haikyuu made me play volley

stopped them all...life got busy. But I still do it whenever I can
May 11, 2018 3:19 AM

Jun 2016
Well I tried "Kame-Hame-Ha" in my childhood by trying to collect all my energy.
I think I tried Genkidama as well... xd
May 11, 2018 3:36 AM
Jan 2018
One outs got me excited to play some team sports. Wonder if anyone else got that same feeling.
May 11, 2018 3:50 AM

Nov 2016
Mine is definitely haikyuu and kuroko no basuke. I really really hate sports to the point where i despise having physical education as a subject. After watching those animes though, it made me want to actually try playing basketball and volleyball. THE IMPACT
May 11, 2018 3:50 AM

Dec 2017
DBZ got me into lifting weights and martial arts. Very out of practice with the latter but I'm still a gym rat to this day and I work part-time as a personal trainer.
NickDenMay 11, 2018 4:56 AM
May 11, 2018 3:52 AM

Jul 2016
My hero aca because I want that Iida or Deku bod

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -Riza Hawkeye

Riza hawkeye is the only true wife for me.....
May 11, 2018 4:20 AM

Jan 2017
When i was a kid, Inazuma Eleven was my favorite anime and i used to copy all those freaking shots !

Damn !!! I dont even know how many bones i fractured due to that XD
May 11, 2018 4:29 AM

Jul 2014
No. Anime couldn't get me into sports and it's definitely not gonna get me to exercise. I mean, even video games can't convince me to exercise. I watch Anime to relax (and occasionally let out "frustration") just like I play video games to relax.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
May 11, 2018 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
Jojo. Best anime to encourage you to go build some muscles.
I mean look at this :

May 11, 2018 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Haikyuu and OPM. Only for like a week though before I got lazy.
May 11, 2018 10:11 AM
Nov 2017
Haikyuu!!! made me feel like exercising.
May 11, 2018 10:50 AM

Dec 2017
All anime sports that I've watched made me want to exercise. But I still didn't. AAAHH.
May 11, 2018 11:01 AM

Jun 2011
Yuri on Ice, free...

But Lazy Town beats out both
The anime community in a nutshell.
May 11, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2009
Aikatsu makes me want to run, all the while saying, "Aikatsu, Aikatsu.." I've always been interested in dancing, and it makes me want to do that. Really, Aikatsu just makes me generally feel like I want to be more active.

Yuri on Ice made me mildly interested in ice skating, but I didn't do it.
May 11, 2018 1:19 PM

May 2017
Lowkey, Haikyuu! made me really interested in volleyball when I watched some of it a few years ago.
I ended up watching volleyball tournaments, and even bought a volleyball and practiced myself at home.
I even wanted to tryout for my schools volleyball team. I didn't, though.
I also used to ice skate, and Yuri!!! On Ice really inspired me to practice and do better.
-*-Catharsis-*-I should probably be doing more responsible things right now.
May 11, 2018 2:28 PM

Jan 2018
One Piece recently, and I'm sure Gyakkyou burai kaiji ultimate survivor did helped me out to have a stronger mindset back then.

Oh I think everyone should watch Attack on Titan OVA about Levi as he shows his cleaning skills.
hazecloudMay 11, 2018 2:37 PM
May 11, 2018 2:33 PM

Feb 2017
Every sports anime! Also battle shounens like BNHA, Naruto, Bleach etc. Attack on Titan and OPM also make me want to exercise. Not only do these anime make me wanna exercise, they also motivate me to do stuff, like studying, cleaning and other chores.
May 11, 2018 2:34 PM

Sep 2013
Nah, but I want to eat healthier because that's what a favorite character of mine would want for me.

haven't gotten off my ass to do it, mind you

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do You Consider Yourself a Generous or a Harsh Scorer?

Alpha_1_Zero - 44 minutes ago

4 by Ishitateso »»
42 seconds ago

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

19 by Pinoffin »»
4 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

56 by TeBaTe »»
7 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

109 by APolygons2 »»
7 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - Yesterday

35 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.