Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you rate series that you drop?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 7, 2018 5:38 AM

Sep 2017
I can't stand unrated series. If I watched one episode, I rate it. Granted, the rating may change during my watch time. The only series I don't rate, are those I've watched when I was very young (Bayblade and the like)

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

May 7, 2018 6:15 AM

Jun 2016
I delete every anime I dropped cuz I don't want to have shit anime in my list xd
May 7, 2018 6:39 AM

Aug 2017
Yeah. I dropped it for a reason. However I don't like to drop series, I would rather not add them to the list. I'm too OCD (In the high school student meaning of the word) with my list and I don't like to see Dropped and On-Hold bar.
May 7, 2018 6:40 AM

Apr 2013
Since I don't drop anything except the base, I never thought about this question.
May 7, 2018 11:51 AM

Apr 2015
I always try and rate the shows I've dropped since most of the time I feel like they deserve some credit. Most shows I drop are simply not for me in my mind rather than "God this sucked". If I dropped the show after 1 or 2 episodes then I usually won't rate it, however sometimes there are exceptions. Occasionally I'll watch 2 episodes and lose interest but really liked one of the aspects of the show like the character design, where I'll give it a score.
BevicMay 7, 2018 12:18 PM
May 7, 2018 12:13 PM
Oct 2017
i rated usagi drop an 8 i even watched the shorts i thought it was very good the whole way
May 7, 2018 12:21 PM
Feb 2018
Ofc. why would I continue to watch shitty anime just to say I've completed them? 5 or 12 episodes of pure crap is still crap.
ihatebishoujosMay 7, 2018 12:29 PM
May 7, 2018 1:33 PM

Jan 2017
I don't, and I don't really see the point in giving a dropped series a ranking. In my opinion, there's no difference between a 4 and a 1. If a series is bad enough for me to drop it, then I just stamp an "awful" label on it and try to forget about it.
May 7, 2018 3:11 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I don't drop but assuming I did I probably wouldn't. Feel like you shouldn't have a whole opinion on a series you didn't finish.
May 7, 2018 3:18 PM

Aug 2015
AlexisVoltaire said:
As it says in the title. I personally don't rate series that I drop because I consider dropping to be the harshest condemnation of a series.

I am not going to continue watching something that I dropped because it means I found it uninteresting. Adding a score seems either pitiful (if the score is high) or adding insult to injury (if the score is low).

What says MAL?

According to your own logic - if you watched show till the end then you found it good and interesting and you don't need to rate it either.
May 7, 2018 3:22 PM

Apr 2014
yeah. when i activate my 1/5 trap card, my score still affects it despite the fact that i will prob never finish it. in the event i don't make it to the 1/5, it still affects my avg sc
May 8, 2018 2:18 AM

Jul 2012
When I drop series I simply don't feel like I watched enough to properly rate it. Maybe two more eps and there would be a different story.
May 8, 2018 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
Of course. If I disliked something enough to drop it, best believe I'm gonna give it a turd of a score.
May 8, 2018 3:11 AM

Oct 2016
I never rate series that i drop, cause i don't like it at all and i don't see the whole series so i can't give some judgements.

And i think giving score to series you drop can make some stigma that make people choose to not watching it even before starting.
May 8, 2018 3:19 AM
Sep 2017
i never dropped a series before so its a no
May 8, 2018 3:44 AM

Apr 2015
Sometimes. But usually there's a reason why I dropped it that I can reflect in my rating, which is why I don't think it's such a bad thing to rate them anyways.

If everyone dropped an anime and would rate it poorly because it wasn't worth watching, then I (as someone who hasn't watched the anime) wouldn't consider watching it that much anymore.
May 8, 2018 6:55 AM

Mar 2018
I will rate them if I have watched a sizeable chunk of it. Examples:

* I recently dropped Brynhildr in the Darkness after 8 out of 12 episodes. That was enough to rate it.
* When I was young I watched something like 50 episodes of Dragonball - much less than half of the series, but enough that I feel confident rating it.
* I dropped Violet Evergarden after one episode. Nothing wrong with the show; it's just not a genre I am interested in. I did not rate it.
* I dropped The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya after one episode. I disliked the characters (especially Haruhi herself), but I didn't feel it would be fair for me to rate it.

I don't consider dropping to be a "harsh condemnation". Not at all. There are plenty of shows that I'm sure are interesting to some; I'm just not in their target audience. For example, I am not interested in shows about sports - but I don't go through all the sports-related anime and give them low ratings. That would be stupid.
May 8, 2018 6:58 AM

Dec 2014
Some of them yeah, but most of the anime in my dropped list I haven't rated
May 8, 2018 6:59 AM
Mar 2018
I don't pick up Anime I know I'll find uninteresting.
May 8, 2018 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
If i dropped not for lack of time, but because is a series really bad, yes.
May 8, 2018 7:22 AM
womp womp

Nov 2012
Well, it really depends on what your definition of dropped is. I mean, for me, it's a mixture of things. Either, like what most would use this for, series that you just won't or don't want to watch. Fair enough. But, for people who just don't have the time and/or motivation to do so, then that's where those series would go; which is the group I belong to.

I've been watching anime for quite a long time and I drop anime quite quickly. Some as quickly as the first minute in, but I give it the first episode to draw me back in, and if it hasn't managed that within that time frame, then it's dropped. If it's an easy watch and doesn't do my head in when I watch it, I'll give it a couple more episodes before just giving up or losing motivation. I work full time and that really effects the amount of hours I can really put in; especially when I want to do other things such as play games, hang with mates, or like now, browse the MAL forums.

And to just address the question; I do rate series that I drop.

I feel that I'm can have a good grasp on how a series will play out within the first episode, and others within the first 4 minutes as was the case with my two favourite shows from 2017; Maid Dragon and Made in Abyss which I knew were going to end up either my favourites or very good series, but I didn't expect both to tick both boxes. And my Maid Dragon is my favourite anime of all time and Made in Abyss is up there above the other 400 anime I've seen.

I feel like I've been rambling, so whatever you can take from that. If you have questions, quote me and I'll probably get back to you within a week. :P
May 8, 2018 7:45 AM

Sep 2017
No. If it's a long running one like one piece and you have watch 80% of the anime, then it is a yes or maybe. It is unfair to judge it by just a few episodes.

That's why I do not understand why people just spam "don't watch it's crap" on their reviews. It's just bringing hate.

If you do not like it, it is better to tell why and if you don't have anything substantial to say for people looking for something to watch it is better to just don't say anything.

That's my opinion regarding this.
May 8, 2018 8:36 AM

Dec 2017
Yes 9/10, especially mainstream and after a gap again continue watching it GEHAHAHAHA
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Kyoto Animation Romance

CorayyAnime - 12 minutes ago

0 by CorayyAnime »»
12 minutes ago

» WTF is the point of sexualizing male characters? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Mar 30

56 by Memore »»
13 minutes ago

» Best grey haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 4

6 by Soverign »»
19 minutes ago

» Best orange haired girl?

Spunkert - Jan 24

30 by Serafos »»
19 minutes ago

» does anime makes you perfectionist?

deg - 8 hours ago

12 by Rionada_Jackie »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.