Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 4, 2018 8:41 AM

Apr 2014
I think Dragon Ball Super is better series than Dragon Ball Z

I'd rank Dragon Ball 1st (for comedy and innocence), Dragon Ball Super 2nd (for quality action and hype) and Dragon Ball Z 3rd

I don't even know what I exceptionally like from DBZ. I guess Goku SSJ scene and Gohan SSJ2 scenes were nice... other than that - a massive dragfest

I'm sure I'd have a much higher opinion of DBZ if it ended after Frieza (Namek) arc... I even heard a rumour that originally Goku was supposed to die in the explosion of Namek after killing Frieza, the evil emperor of the universe and saving everyone, ending the series and becoming a legend but because of fans request Toriyama blinded by greed decided to continue with DBZ.
themanualreader@proton.me
May 4, 2018 8:43 AM

Oct 2015
I'd have a higher opinion on Dragonball when it stopped on Namek since it was planned to stop there, but we reached blue-haired apes, who can go Super Saiyan by literally forcing their power to their back.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 4, 2018 8:44 AM

Apr 2014
-Lofn- said:
I'd have a higher opinion on Dragonball when it stopped on Namek since it was planned to stop there, but we reached blue-haired apes, who can go Super Saiyan by literally forcing their power to their back.

We're way past the point of trying to make Dragon Ball a serious franchise, so at least make it entertaining? I'd say Dragon Ball Super did a lot better job at being entertaining than DBZ's Cell and Buu arcs...
May 4, 2018 8:45 AM

Mar 2016
Lol where did you hear that rumour. Its definitely not true. DBZ was always gonna continue after the Freeza arc. Toriyama was a millionaire long before he even started Dragon Ball(because of Dr. Slump) so greed definitely didn’t have anything to do with it.
There were a lot of unresolved plot threads at the end of the Freeza arc, do you really think he would’ve ended the series there?
Katsuo_May 4, 2018 8:50 AM

May 4, 2018 8:46 AM

Oct 2015
Darius said:
-Lofn- said:

We're way past the point of trying to make Dragon Ball a serious franchise, so at least make it entertaining? I'd say Dragon Ball Super did a lot better job at being entertaining than DBZ's Cell and Buu arcs...
I find Cell and Buu far more entertaining than DBS, but I admit, Beerus is one of my favorite Dragonball character along with Whis, so it has that going for it.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 4, 2018 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Dragon Ball should have stopped after the King Piccolo Saga.

Nothing they do now can ever salvage the train-wreck that this series has become. Not even a Yamcha spinoff.
May 4, 2018 8:49 AM

Jan 2018
>Fans loving the show and want more
>Creator labeled as greedy

Also you didn't mention DBGT
May 4, 2018 8:49 AM

Apr 2014
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Nothing they do now can ever salvage the train-wreck that this series has become. Not even a Yamcha spinoff.

I'd watch a Yamcha spinoff...

P.S. Don't watch Steins;Gate. It is not a good series.
May 4, 2018 8:51 AM

Apr 2013
Katsuo_ said:
Lol where did you hear that rumour. Its definitely not true. DBZ was always gonna continue after the Freeza arc.

It is known. weebs= degenerate....
May 4, 2018 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
Rokas said:
Katsuo_ said:
Lol where did you hear that rumour. Its definitely not true. DBZ was always gonna continue after the Freeza arc.

It is known. weebs= degenerate....

Not its not lol. Give me an official source please.

May 4, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2014
hazecloud said:

Fans also want Witcher 4 but CD PROJEKT RED has too much respect for the franchise to butcher it like that and said that Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is the last one.

Knowing when to stop is always healthier in the long run.

Also DBGT is non-canon therefore I don't care about it.

May 4, 2018 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
Katsuo_ said:

There were a lot of unresolved plot threads at the end of the Freeza arc, do you really think he would’ve ended the series there?

What unresolved plot threads exactly are you referring to that were resolved later in the series?
May 4, 2018 8:57 AM

Jan 2018
Darius said:
hazecloud said:

Fans also want Witcher 4 but CD PROJEKT RED has too much respect for the franchise to butcher it like that and said that Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is the last game in Witcher franchise.

Also DBGT is not canon therefore I don't care about it.

Canon or not, it's still a dragon ball series and more details about dragon balls presented. Also you said you'd watch a Yamcha spin-off so you better paraphrase it lol
May 4, 2018 8:57 AM
Feb 2018
Darius said:
but because of fans request Toriyama blinded by greed decided to continue with DBZ.

You can like DBS(aka, Dragon Ball Shit) all you want but that's the very reason why Toriyama made DBS
May 4, 2018 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
hazecloud said:
Darius said:

Fans also want Witcher 4 but CD PROJEKT RED has too much respect for the franchise to butcher it like that and said that Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is the last game in Witcher franchise.

Also DBGT is not canon therefore I don't care about it.

Canon or not, it's still a dragon ball series and more details about dragon balls presented. Also you said you'd watch a Yamcha spin-off so you better paraphrase it lol

I'd watch it because I'm sure it would be entertaining. DBS's baseball episode is one of my favorites.
May 4, 2018 8:59 AM

Apr 2014
ihatebishoujos said:
Darius said:
but because of fans request Toriyama blinded by greed decided to continue with DBZ.

You can like DBS(aka, Dragon Ball Shit) all you want but that's the very reason why Toriyama made DBS

Yeah, and because they were made for similar reasons I am comparing them in this thread. Good thing you noticed.
May 4, 2018 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Darius said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

I'd watch a Yamcha spinoff...

P.S. Don't watch Steins;Gate. It is not a good series.

Well, it can still happen. If they ever decide to adapt this.

PS: Too late. I'm already 7 episodes in and I'm hooked. Tuturu!
May 4, 2018 9:04 AM

Apr 2013
Katsuo_ said:

Chris Sabat shared the story that Toriyama told him that he originally wanted to end it with Frieza
May 4, 2018 9:04 AM

Feb 2015
Dragon Ball Super is not a disgrace to the Dragon Ball franchise, but to anime itself, lol.
May 4, 2018 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
newazurill said:
DBS was a trainwreck. It didn't have any of the emotions of the previous show because the story of all the characters we care about are finished and now it's driven by Goku's stupidity. Not to mention all the dumb characters thrown at us that we're supposed to care about now (like basically everyone in the tournament of power). While some of DBZ's powerups didn't make much sense or were contrived, DBS's powerups devolved into power of friendship type of bs and every character randomly closing the gap with the main cast. It also irritates me how Buu got shafted in the tournaments, first one random written exam and second one he needs to sleep. Such BS.

Maybe they're saving Buu for later? Did you see how strong he got after just a couple hours of training?
May 4, 2018 9:06 AM

Feb 2018
Dbs is awful the power continuity is almost nonexistent. Blue vegito not being able to finish of merged zamasu but ss2 trunks using his spirit sword does it in one hit......There is no tension because we knew that every time a stronger opponent appears Goku ll just get a new transformation and the only time he doesn't he call for the help of the mightiest being in all of existence. The art style looks worse then the one from Dbz and the animation is often just a joke. And Goku who was never smart is now just an unbearable annoying idiot.
May 4, 2018 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
Milennin said:
Dragon Ball Super is not a disgrace to the Dragon Ball franchise, but to anime itself, lol.
Milennin said:

No, it is legendary and super entertaining. A good example of how not to be a boring series.

Look, even you, while hating the series, managed to power through 131 episodes...

xShinigami3125 said:
Blue vegito not being able to finish of merged zamasu but ss2 trunks using his spirit sword does it in one hit......

But he doesn't? Zamasu was very much alive after that and Zeno was the one who actually managed to take him out.
May 4, 2018 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
Rokas said:
Katsuo_ said:

Chris Sabat shared the story that Toriyama told him that he originally wanted to end it with Frieza

Loool that is your confirmation? Do you really think a dub voice actor has any knowledge on the behind-the-scenes of Shueisha and Shounen Jump?

Close to the end of the Freeza saga Toriyama had an interview with a magazine in which he mentioned that he had no idea where he would like to end the story of DB. This alone pretty much debunks the rumour.
Katsuo_May 4, 2018 9:14 AM

May 4, 2018 9:16 AM

Feb 2018
Darius said:
Milennin said:
Milennin said:

No, it is legendary and super entertaining. A good example of how not to be a boring series.

Look, even you, while hating the series, managed to power through 131 episodes...

xShinigami3125 said:
Blue vegito not being able to finish of merged zamasu but ss2 trunks using his spirit sword does it in one hit......

But he doesn't? Zamasu was very much alive after that and Zeno was the one who actually managed to take him out.

Yea first of all nice that you only respond to one sentence....
zamasu was fighting on somewhat equal terms with blue vegito and ss2 trunks finished that merged zamasu body of which resulted in zamasu trying to take over everything. So why the fuck can trunks even hurt that guy ? Just blue goku or blue vegeta are way stronger then ss2 trunks and when they merge the power difference just grows much larger.so how can trunks with a spirit bomb made with the Energy of just a few people produced in a very short ammount of time take out zamasu it doesn't make sense. I mean don't you remember how much/how long it took to kill Majin Boo with a spirit bomb ?
May 4, 2018 9:16 AM

Apr 2013
Katsuo_ said:
Rokas said:

Loool that is your confirmation? Do you really think a voice actor has any knowledge on the behind-the-scenes of Shueisha and Shounen Jump?

Close to the end of the Freeza saga Toriyama had an interview with a magazine in which he mentioned that he had no idea where he would like to end the story of DB. This alone pretty much debunks the rumour.

They met at a promotional event for the American release of Shonen Jump, so I don't see how it's impossible. Toriyama also had a interview in which he said that he was pushing his limit, but the editors made him to continue the story.
May 4, 2018 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
Rokas said:
Katsuo_ said:

Loool that is your confirmation? Do you really think a voice actor has any knowledge on the behind-the-scenes of Shueisha and Shounen Jump?

They met at a promotional event for the American release of Shonen Jump, so I don't see how it's impossible. Toriyama also had a interview in which he said that he was pushing his limit, but the editors made him to continue the story.

Yes there was an interview in which Toriyama said that the editors suggested him to continue the story, but he mentoined that it was in his third year of writing DB. The story was at King Picollo at that time, the Freeza arc was created 4 years after that.....
Toriyama was writing the manga as it was going. He had no idea where to end it.

And no, meeting for a promtional event and knowing about the inner workings of Toriyama’s writing process and his editors is a pretty big jump if you ask me.
Katsuo_May 4, 2018 2:53 PM

May 5, 2018 1:54 PM

Jul 2017
thats your opinion my dude.
from my point of view:
- characters in DBS are DUMB and anoying, at least in DBZ they aren't annoying and less dumb.
-things that happen makes no sense most of the time
-they're just doing whatever the fuck they want, and take us viewers for idiots. the explanation for super sayan..all the "new" transformation just to sell toys, the umbelivably easy to predict end.
I mean, for me it's mostly the characters. I hate all of them, they're dumb, annoying and patronizing like kaulifa for example. the tournament of power was the worst arc I've ever seen in any animes.
May 5, 2018 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
I probably won't watch DBZ or Super whenever I eventually get around to trying Dragon Ball. Once I finish the original I'll just follow up with Kai since I've nearly universally seen it held as superior to DBZ, and Super gets near-universal hate at that.
May 5, 2018 2:35 PM
Apr 2017
to me dbs is shit
literally fanservice every step
dbz didnt have like an amazing story but its was good enough
May 5, 2018 2:43 PM

Oct 2017
Super was pretty good in my opinion. I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't hyped watching it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 5, 2018 2:59 PM

Aug 2012
I have yet to see Super but the dub is so far behind...
May 5, 2018 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
Darius said:
hazecloud said:

Fans also want Witcher 4 but CD PROJEKT RED has too much respect for the franchise to butcher it like that and said that Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is the last one.

Formsoft said that with Dark souls 3, but then turn around as shat out a remastered edition for dark souls 1 (not even demon souls come on!) that people who still own dark souls 1 will have to pay for.

i'll take a new game on shitting out the same game over and over and over again.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 5, 2018 3:39 PM
Jul 2015
Darius said:

Ready, leave of my planet.
May 5, 2018 4:07 PM

Apr 2014
hazarddex said:
Darius said:

Formsoft said that with Dark souls 3, but then turn around as shat out a remastered edition for dark souls 1 (not even demon souls come on!) that people who still own dark souls 1 will have to pay for.

i'll take a new game on shitting out the same game over and over and over again.

CD PROJEKT RED is not FromSoftware.

Aguuus said:
Darius said:

Ready, leave of my planet.

No u
May 6, 2018 2:09 AM

Oct 2010
It had some cool ideas, but the execution was bad. People are still bewildered by Ultra Instinct and good animation towards the end that they forgot the train-wreck of half the episodes, failed logic and stupid fights throughout the series.

To me the original Dragon Ball will always be my favorite as it had different martial arts and techniques involved then just plain ki blasts.
May 6, 2018 5:07 AM

Oct 2012
Meh, each to their own. I personally hold DBZ very close to my heart and can rewatch it every few years. I also always watch the original series, because Kai feels rushed to me. I like the slow pacing, because it feels way more thrilling that way, I dunno. DBZ had tons of epic scenes and battles and every arc offered something new and fresh.

Super doesn't have those epic, super serious battles anymore... Or at least they don't feel like it. But I enjoy it for the humour and fanservice. And hey, it's more Dragon Ball.
May 6, 2018 6:56 AM

Dec 2015
Darius said:
I even heard a rumour that originally Goku was supposed to die in the explosion of Namek after killing Frieza, the evil emperor of the universe and saving everyone, ending the series and becoming a legend but because of fans request Toriyama blinded by greed decided to continue with DBZ.

The only intended end Toriyama ever talked about was the end of the first Dragon Balls quest.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/dragonballs/
And for other "internet legends":
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/piccolo/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/saiyan/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/freeza/

Zehennagel said:

-they're just doing whatever the fuck they want

TO be fair, it was Toriyama's technique too. To just write whatever had popped out in his mind for the current week. (with only a few things changed by its editors, before the Bû story).
(I'm not trying to defend this TV show, I found it extremely empty)
May 9, 2018 10:29 PM

Oct 2017
Rei366 said:
Darius said:
I even heard a rumour that originally Goku was supposed to die in the explosion of Namek after killing Frieza, the evil emperor of the universe and saving everyone, ending the series and becoming a legend but because of fans request Toriyama blinded by greed decided to continue with DBZ.

The only intended end Toriyama ever talked about was the end of the first Dragon Balls quest.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/dragonballs/
And for other "internet legends":
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/piccolo/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/saiyan/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/freeza/

Zehennagel said:

-they're just doing whatever the fuck they want

TO be fair, it was Toriyama's technique too. To just write whatever had popped out in his mind for the current week. (with only a few things changed by its editors, before the Bû story).
(I'm not trying to defend this TV show, I found it extremely empty)
Wow Goku was supposed to die?? It may just be a rumor but it did feel strange how he survived that..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 24, 2020 6:08 AM
Nov 2020
I absolutely have to agree with you. I also find DBS a lot more entertaining than DBZ
Jun 3, 2021 7:11 AM

Mar 2021
really, wtf? no, just no
Jun 3, 2021 7:14 AM

Mar 2021
Crimrui said:
It had some cool ideas, but the execution was bad. People are still bewildered by Ultra Instinct and good animation towards the end that they forgot the train-wreck of half the episodes, failed logic and stupid fights throughout the series.

To me the original Dragon Ball will always be my favorite as it had different martial arts and techniques involved then just plain ki blasts.
Exactly, I make your words mine
Jun 3, 2021 7:15 AM

Oct 2020
I don't think DBS is bad. I really liked the tournament arc but DBZ was much better.

Jul 11, 2021 7:12 PM
Sep 2020
I liked watching super coz i am a fanboy but now when i watch short clips of the fights,it looks horrible and plain bad...goku is 0 IQ...Animation is horrible...Vegeta is not crazy enough..also its not serious enough...only blind can like that animation

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

109 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 92 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

59 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.