Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 18, 2018 2:17 AM
Oct 2015
This was a nice setup episode for the upcoming arc, and in this episode we see even more familiar faces, this time being Eto and Juuzo.
The preview for the next episode looks sick, can't wait for the next episode.
Heckle was here...
Apr 18, 2018 3:00 AM
Sep 2016
ZxI said:
mhh i dont remember seeing hide in this arc

He certainly was there speaking jibberish.
Apr 18, 2018 3:04 AM

Dec 2016
JudoJD said:
Lucky_SLS said:
This season even though its following the manga till now, seems like it is missing something that mad house had.
Mad house brought that inner struggle within kaneki and also portrayed the views of ghouls n humans in such a convincing way.
till now, i got that feeling just from two scenes, nishio senpai and touka chan scene. storytelling kinda feels shallow this season till now.
urie should have gotten more screen time, his thoughts explains the quinx squad and their position within the team as well as in the ccg. damn....

Madhouse has never worked on Tokyo ghoul XD
Same studio still has it after ruining it already somehow

Boy I wish Madhouse had TG though :(
The entire anime just needs a reboot

But the direction feels so different! It's not the same ppl who worked in the first 2 seasons.
And I very much liked the darker shade and complex character build up of many ppl influencing the story telling.
Season 3 droped that like from teens and adult anime to children tales. Make it more serious perriot!
Lucky_SLSApr 18, 2018 3:11 AM
Apr 18, 2018 3:20 AM
Apr 2018
SKYWALKER08 said:
MasterKing0806 said:
Decent episode. One question: Who were the two guys talking about killing Haise so Kaneki comes back (in the disco)?

Well Tokyo ghoul anime didn't have any information on the group called clowns. They had a major role in Tokyo ghoul manga. Those 2 are part of that group.
I don't like to be like everyone else saying u should read manga and all. But anime only guys won't know why they do want to see kaneki in despair.

Yeah, sure but I am not an "Anime-only-guy". I am more the type of guy who does not have the money to buy so many mangas (already trying to complete the bleach manga and I am planning on getting the SAO LNs)
Apr 18, 2018 3:49 AM
Aug 2017
Juuzo,Tsukiyama,Eto making their appearance in this ep!
im enjoying this as a whole ,
anticipating the next one!
Apr 18, 2018 4:41 AM

Jun 2017
This show has yet to take off properly. I really hope by the next episode s*** hits the fan. Wouldn't want a third of the show to be underwhelming build up.
Signature.
Apr 18, 2018 4:55 AM

Apr 2018
I waited for this episode to compare two images:

Apr 18, 2018 5:02 AM

Feb 2009
rafaelhwk said:

Wasn't really a fan of the cross dressing scene, but whatevs. Nico and Roma being at the same club was a bit surprising. I'm honestly upset that Roma is so evil, and wants to destroy Haise's "happiness." Also a bit shocked that she's part of the Clown Gang. For some reason I thought it was Uta, Nico, and Itori. Heh, I confused Roma and Itori.

Anime never revealed that Roma is a part of clowns. So for anime onlys clowns were Uta, Itori, Nico and "Souta" (whos role was so small in anime that most people didn't even remember him), but in manga there was really important scene with him, that anime didn't show.

CeddyyBearr said:
Saiko is lazy but adorable. Her Seiyu is so fitting for this role. I am curious what she's capable of when she's in combat, I guess we'll see next week when the auction happens.

I doubt we will see her greatness in this season.

Light_Kikib said:
Is Shinohara in a coma since the end of √A? I honestly can't remember what happened to him...

Yes. Eto owned him.

As for episode:
Some things skiped, some things out of order. But I atually enjoyed this episode. After tragic first episode and not so good second, this one was decent/good.
Saiko! It's sad that we'll not see her Trinity Cutter moment in anime untill next season.
Haise had some nice conversation with Eight Hokage Donato Uzumaki and we get our first glips at Floppy/Robed Giant.
Club scene was ok. Mutsuki looked cute (still one of my least favourite characters in this series), Shirazu bizzare, Saiko is Saiko and Haise defenetly have some trap genes in him.
When I saw Matusri my only reaction was, please don't burst out of your clothes.

Even mai boi Scarecrow appeared for a second.

Shu in his "depressed" mode is not a Shu I like! T.T Also Kanades VA is spot on. And Hori my girl I'm so glad to see you!

4/5 - I'm sad that they skipe so many stuff, but I understand why that happened.

Kanou is in next episode. You know the guy that had arc dedicated to him in manga and was almost non existent in anime.
Apr 18, 2018 5:24 AM
Apr 2018
Watching anime subtitle Indonesia here: https://animeindonesia.net
Apr 18, 2018 5:28 AM

Apr 2015
ciastos said:

CeddyyBearr said:
Saiko is lazy but adorable. Her Seiyu is so fitting for this role. I am curious what she's capable of when she's in combat, I guess we'll see next week when the auction happens.

I doubt we will see her greatness in this season.

That would be a shame really. Guess I'll just be patient about it (or start reading the Manga).
Apr 18, 2018 5:34 AM

Nov 2009
Manga reader, how many more episodes until Kaneki regain his memory?
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 18, 2018 6:13 AM
Nov 2016
I need saiko & shirazu dancing scene. but in an infinite loop.
Apr 18, 2018 6:44 AM

Oct 2008
I'm beginning to like Saiko Yonebayashi more and more!
wow! look at that! Juzo Suzuya! I remember him!
I wonder what the heck happened to Tsukiyama Shuu!?
Looks like a lot of events will unfold next episode!
5/5.

Apr 18, 2018 9:00 AM

Jul 2015
Animation and the art is really bad compare to past seasons, such waste :(
Apr 18, 2018 9:02 AM

Oct 2016
I like where this is going. Although the pacing is shitting me, Haise's increasing introspection surrounding the ethics of taking from others to protect your own is interesting. He gets to be his own antagonist.
Apr 18, 2018 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
Altough that felt rushed because of skipping relevant parts of those 7 chapters, still pretty decent I guess on some execution. Roma and Nico showing up, clowns are chill but crazy. Wow that ending scene showed the characters for the auction arc. Juuzou and Mutsuki, I feel sorry for them for the next episode. ED instrumental for the disco music.

And from this point on, things will go crazy. Can't wait for the next arc after this auction arc.
Apr 18, 2018 10:35 AM
Apr 2017
Lucky_SLS said:
This season even though its following the manga till now, seems like it is missing something that mad house had.
Mad house brought that inner struggle within kaneki and also portrayed the views of ghouls n humans in such a convincing way.
till now, i got that feeling just from two scenes, nishio senpai and touka chan scene. storytelling kinda feels shallow this season till now.
urie should have gotten more screen time, his thoughts explains the quinx squad and their position within the team as well as in the ccg. damn....

What has Madhouse got to do with this ? Tokyo Ghoul has always been done by Studio Pierrot.
Apr 18, 2018 10:43 AM

Jan 2016
Probably the most well-executed episode so far, and surprisingly also the one with the least action. Hopefully this correlation doesn't continue.

And wow, the traps are rampant in this episode, but I think we can all agree on the best of them all.
Apr 18, 2018 10:48 AM

Feb 2017
Vyzass said:

If i remember correctly this episode adapted up to ch 16 or 17 & if i'm not wrong

[SPOILER ALERT - Spoiler down below!]

Sasaki regains his memories in ch 52~54.

Judging the OP i think that they'll try to adapt up to that.
Apr 18, 2018 10:54 AM

Nov 2016
Really liked this episode. Got some decent build up for the following arc and the part in the club was funny.

Looking forward to next week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2018 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
Vyzass said:

Judging from opening and pacing I would risk and say...

But that's only my prediction :P
Apr 18, 2018 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
This episode wasn't too bad. The whole purpose was to connect the audience with the characters and set up for the episodes to come.

Next ep is going to be great setting the plot in motion.
Apr 18, 2018 11:47 AM

Jun 2017
The only reason I am watching Tokyo ghoul is Saiko...
mhkrApr 18, 2018 11:51 AM
Apr 18, 2018 12:28 PM

Jun 2017
I am glad Saiko will carry this until Kaneki regains his memories.

Edit: Nutcracker is gorgeous tho, at least she is getting a bit more screentime (which is well deserved) than in the manga.
Apr 18, 2018 12:36 PM
Mar 2018
Hey at least they acknowledged that the season 2 original ending was terrible and pretended that it never happened,

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonApr 21, 2018 8:04 AM
Apr 18, 2018 12:47 PM

Apr 2012
I like this Kaneki so much better.
Apr 18, 2018 1:08 PM

Mar 2016
I'm just gonna say the following. This season of Tokyo Ghoul is not only the best 'til now but is also doing a better job than the manga ever did in my opinion. It's pretty fast paced and I'm not a big fan of fast paced shows (those are usually the worst), but it's cutting a lot of unnecessary stuff out and I'm glad with that!

Big Madame was introduce this episode, which means that Juuzou's backstory isn't that far away. That one scene gives me chills every time I think of it.

The clown seem to appear next episode too. That's great. In case you dono't know, the clowns

And... I don't think there's nothing more... I think... hmmm....
azertz99Apr 18, 2018 1:11 PM
Apr 18, 2018 1:19 PM

Mar 2016
ciastos said:
Vyzass said:

Apr 18, 2018 1:58 PM

Jan 2015
The adaptation of this season is good, I guess.
Hopefully this season isn't like the previous.
I'm a bit confused about Tsukiyama's status.
Apr 18, 2018 5:00 PM
Jun 2016
Best part was definitely in the club!
Apr 19, 2018 1:57 AM

Jan 2018
Haven't read the manga.
- Inb4 Saiko is some combat maniac who reks everybody in her sight.
Apr 19, 2018 3:04 AM

Dec 2015
Hinami <33333!! The next episodes should be pretty good if they don't butcher the chapter too much. Nutcracker arc was actually pretty awesome.
~
Apr 19, 2018 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
Oh...... ETO YAY!

Apr 19, 2018 4:24 AM
Mar 2012
Why TG takes pantsu so seriously. Master Shu aint dead yet & everyone's looking for Kaneki including the audience.
Saiko finally working, lol time management. She's like Umaru.
Why's Juuzo's hair black now??? bring back the edgy white.
Some quality traps everywhere. It was more a surprise Toru was guy i found earlier episode. Juuzo awesome a bit like Rory, and Haise surprisingly... natural.
Apr 19, 2018 5:10 AM
Oct 2017
urie-kun become urine-kun, annoying af
Apr 19, 2018 5:13 AM

Nov 2017
Got to see Juuzou for the first time, looks great.
Apr 19, 2018 6:24 AM
Apr 2018
Where can I watch this episode
Apr 19, 2018 7:24 AM
Jan 2016
Hahaha, I don't know the real criteria to be a Quinx member but every member in the squad doesn't really look competent for me, look at how Saiko, Shirazu, and drunk-Mutsuki dance like crazy at the pub hahaha. But, I do believe they will get stronger in the future. Wow, everytime I watch each eps of Re, my memories about season 1 and 2 were flowing again...poor Tsukiyama, Shinomura.
Apr 19, 2018 8:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
incognito mission in the disco? Impossible, was hilarious!!! lol
Apr 19, 2018 10:51 AM
Mar 2016
Ok, so if Hasei sasaki ever finds out that he is Kaneki what will happen next??????

A. Be Kaneki a kick those investigators asses.

B. Stay as Hasei and continue working as an investigator.

C. Run away a leave everything behind.

Ok,for a kid Saiko has quite some boobs there.
Apr 19, 2018 11:44 AM
Nov 2015
People saying they skipped a lot when all they did was skip Saiko's backstory tbh - Which was pretty important, but oh well. They've also skipped some Kanae stuff but I think that'll be covered later in the season.

I'm actually pretty happy with the adaptation so far, bar like, one or two gripes (no Haise crying alone in his room,no Saiko backstory yet). They're putting in some of the symbolism from the Manga, and I'm actually pretty excited to see the auction kick off.
Apr 19, 2018 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
Does anyone knows what the title of the OST near the end of episode 3 just before the ED song.
Apr 19, 2018 12:19 PM
Jan 2018
I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I'm not a manga reader so I don't have the source material to base my opinion off of. For me, this is the best tokyo ghoul season yet.
Apr 19, 2018 1:03 PM

May 2014
Alright building up ep. Yeah, it's gonna be fun to see how Haise (Kaneki) is going to react once the memoirs are intact. About time Saiko got her ass out of the bed. I knew she was the funny and lazy one, so it's nice to see her personality.

Lovely to see them in woman clothes. Ofc they made Haise look best women clothes, and the cutest, but Ginshi-san and Toru looked good too. Especially I liked Ginshi-san's new hairstyle. Haven't seen that and it suits him. Their victory dance were hilarious too. xD

There were many details I didn't understand much of. I think it would have been wise if shitty Clown had made a remake ep. about the most important point from the two previous season for those who actually don't read the manga. But oh well.The camera woman look very like Hina-chan. I wonder if it's here grown-up? Plz don't tell me. :)

I also wonder when Urie will break and get overpowered by the ghoul inside him now that he have leveled up without anyone in the group knowing. I can assume drama will be made and he won't be able to control the power. ^^

Nice to see Juuzo Suzuya (or Rei Suzuya) back in the series. I be damn, he have dyed his hair black. Suits him much more. I love his careless personality. It make the series much more enjoyable by having him there. xD
Overall, good and nice building, though some scenes were confusing since my memories about this series is very fuzzy.

Apr 19, 2018 1:06 PM

May 2014
yonamitsuha said:
Where can I watch this episode

If you mean online you can always find it on kissanime. If you want it as a torrent use nyaa.si. Thank me later. ;)
Apr 19, 2018 2:21 PM
Dec 2017
tottobennington said:
Vyzass said:

If i remember correctly this episode adapted up to ch 16 or 17 & if i'm not wrong

[SPOILER ALERT - Spoiler down below!]

Sasaki regains his memories in ch 52~54.

Judging the OP i think that they'll try to adapt up to that.

yeah i can see him getting his memory back in the last episode cliff hanger :D
Apr 19, 2018 7:06 PM

May 2010
After this episode THICC loli became my new favourite character, she's soooo precious!

I wish I could be half as lady-like as crossdressing Haise ;_;
Apr 20, 2018 4:05 AM

Feb 2009
NEETazertyY said:
ciastos said:

Yes it is.
Apr 20, 2018 6:47 AM

Feb 2011
RUSHED. tigiytgiytg

Apr 20, 2018 11:41 AM

Jul 2016
Better than previous episode. Juzo appearance, like the new chara design. Next auction arc.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Loockl »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.