Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2018 7:09 PM
Sep 2012
Hyped 10/10, that ending with VN op damn son.
Apr 11, 2018 7:17 PM

Oct 2015
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
and seems that Suzuha's only role now is fanservice, which is disgusting, because S;G really shouldn't be that kind of show, it had much better attributes.

What do you mean by this ? It's clear that she still have a major role in this show.
Apr 11, 2018 7:21 PM
Nov 2015
Oh my god this is so good I'm so hyped!!!!! This month has amazing new seasons but this one was just the best first episode. The feels are real, I'm now much more hyped than before about S;G0.
Apr 11, 2018 7:47 PM

Apr 2018
HyperL said:
Lol at everyone saying this is milking and a cash grab.

Like, do you even know this is a adaptation of the VN? Are you guys gonna call the VN a milking cash grab as well?

Pretty much this. Also people should realize the girls being thiccer was actually how it was supposed to be XD
Apr 11, 2018 7:51 PM

Dec 2012
Masterpiece as ever!

Legal loli FTW!
Apr 11, 2018 7:53 PM

Jan 2016
Hey, I'd like to pose a question in case someone wants to answer.

Suzuha told Daru that he shouldn't see the time machine that he will have invented because it would cause a time paradox. Meanwhile, in the original series, he was fixing that very time machine. What's with that? Moreover, if there was a paradox, wouldn't the worldline just diverge to prevent it?
Apr 11, 2018 7:54 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Kerylon said:
Also people should realize the girls being thiccer was actually how it was supposed to be XD

Maybe I'm just blind but i see no difference in the girls size from the original anime to this first episode. Either way they all look good regardless if they're thicc or not imo.
Apr 11, 2018 7:56 PM

Apr 2018
AntwanMantilla said:
Kerylon said:
Also people should realize the girls being thiccer was actually how it was supposed to be XD

Maybe I'm just blind but i see no difference in the girls size from the original anime to this first episode. Either way they all look good regardless if they're thicc or not imo.

Suzuha and Mayuri do indeed look thiccer, just like the VN's
Apr 11, 2018 8:04 PM

Oct 2012
Damn I wasn't too sure about a Steins;Gate sequel but this was a lot better than I expected. I'm excited to see where this is going.
Apr 11, 2018 8:06 PM
Apr 2017
At the end Okabe now
He fucked up lol

Btw great first Episode
5/5
Nice White Fox
Apr 11, 2018 8:26 PM
Feb 2018
Wow. A broken Okabe as the main character is painful to see.

I was hoping to see some mad-u scientist gimmicks.

So far so good. If this series has decent pacing in the start then I feel that it has the potential to surpass the original Steins; Gate anime.
Apr 11, 2018 8:42 PM
Jan 2016
A fine premier episode. It felt the same as the original Steins Gate, which is good. I thought this would be a very different experience.
One question I had lingering in my mind while watching this was how come Okabe got out scot-free after killing Kurisu? I would've expected him to be thrown in jail for quite some time. Or maybe the incident was classified as an accident & Okabe deemed to be crazy so he did not get any punishment? Can anyone explain this to me? And if the answer is a spoiler for this series, then please tag it as spoiler. Thank you.

primaltare said:

Suzuha told Daru that he shouldn't see the time machine that he will have invented because it would cause a time paradox. Meanwhile, in the original series, he was fixing that very time machine. What's with that?

Maybe this Suzuha has a different view? Or maybe she let him fixing the time machine because it's an emergency, but in this timeline the time machine is just fine so she did not let him see it? Yeah, I know, this is not an answer at all. Just guessing.
Apr 11, 2018 8:43 PM

Nov 2017
That daru so fcking lucky. damn i want it too xD
So kurisu alive or not?
10/10

Apr 11, 2018 8:43 PM

Feb 2012
Fantastic first episode I am hyped beyond belief that Steins;Gate 0 is out. In December I skimmed through a ~120 page word doc summary of what happens in steins;gate 0 and I am so fucking hyped to see so many things. There's also the VN coming out on steam. I 100% steins;gate on steam and I plan to do the same with steins;gate 0. Really interested what's gonna happen regarding the routes and them being reconstructed as a single route. I'm sure it'll be amazing. The PTSD moment with a flashback to Kurisu dying they were perfect. Best girl Maho appearing was fantastic. Side note Okabe cleans up pretty damn well.

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK.
Apr 11, 2018 8:52 PM
Jan 2017
After a long absence, it's good to see Okabe and the gang back for another season. The series is off to a good start by showcasing a traumatized and mildly disillusioned Okabe trying to put his life back together after losing Kurisu, even when fate conspires to put him in a new time-travelling adventure. The first series excelled in combining science with character study, so I'm looking forward to see what this new show has to offer. Definitely a keeper for this season!
Apr 11, 2018 8:55 PM
Jan 2017
soo freakin HYPED FOR THIS BOIIII

overall really great episode, glad they are using the ost from the game, really adds an extra layer of enjoyment for those that have played. the PTSD scene with Kurisu was incredibly unsettling (in an oddly satisfying kinda way XD) and MAHO!!! she only interacted with Okabe for like 30 seconds but I absolutely LOVE how they are portraying her in the anime thus far. I can't wait for her to interact with Amadeus XD
Apr 11, 2018 8:56 PM
Oct 2017
YALL READY TO SUFFER TOGETHER?!
Apr 11, 2018 9:03 PM

Jul 2016
People already debating about everything in episode 1
Art, directing, atmosphere, even AI, memory, and all that stuff

I guess you all should be ready for the messed up things incoming. Confusion awaits lol
7th-ArchangelApr 11, 2018 9:54 PM
Apr 11, 2018 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
Ahhh, it's finally here :D I read the visual novel already, but I'm super excited to see it all animated.

Anime is handling the adaptation very well so far. The music was so nostalgic.

This show already had one of the best cast of characters, and now Maho joins in and makes it even better. Her introduction was even better than I expected. She's awesome :)

The ending was hype, and they even played Amadeus at the end! Great song. I hope the OP for this will be just as good.
Apr 11, 2018 9:15 PM

Nov 2014
Well now, this certainly exceeded my expectations.
Apr 11, 2018 9:20 PM

Mar 2016
I just heard Suzu Hagimura's voice, she's so cute
kikiabdullApr 11, 2018 10:01 PM
Apr 11, 2018 9:22 PM

Jun 2008
Probably anime of the year right now.
Apr 11, 2018 9:22 PM

Mar 2010
Good thing I watched the alternate version of episode 23 just days prior to this. That avoided any disconnect I might had felt outside how depressing it is to see Okabe like this however entirely understandable it is. Overall though, I'm really surprised how easy it was to get back into this even with a new director. Good first episode.
Apr 11, 2018 9:25 PM

Jan 2013
Great start, just enough recap and exposition to serve as a refresher.
2010 is already 8 years ago.
Apr 11, 2018 9:34 PM

Apr 2017
primaltare said:

Suzuha told Daru that he shouldn't see the time machine that he will have invented because it would cause a time paradox. Meanwhile, in the original series, he was fixing that very time machine. What's with that? Moreover, if there was a paradox, wouldn't the worldline just diverge to prevent it?

I think it went something like this:

Attractor fields only diverge when it comes to important world changing events such as (WW3 or the Y2k event). However, in the individual worldlines, a sudden change to the past could lead to a ripple effect that could potentially change the outcome of the future. Suzuha wants Daru to go through same the process of building the time machine from scrap without help so that it is completed at a certain date, or else it could affect a number of things such as Suzuha's existence in the current time.

Someone should correct me on this if I'm wrong
Apr 11, 2018 9:37 PM

Nov 2015
7th-Archangel said:
People already debating about everything in episode 1
Art, directing, atmosphere, even AI, memory, and all that stuff

I guess you all should be ready for the messed up things incoming. Confusion awaits lol
Please delete that last line of your post. PLEASE. Or at least that term.. you know what I'm referring to...

Edit: Thanks!
AX3MApr 11, 2018 9:58 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2018 9:40 PM

Dec 2015
so they showed a glimpse of the future then goes back to the daily life, the encephallitis disease reported early , iirc the talk between suzu and okabe didnt go that rough , that kurisu scene , its more nightmare, okabe meeting maho is as hilarious as ever , the seminar seems to be more dramatic ? my feeling only i guess maybe to close the episode
a bit different from the vn but has the same point
looking forward for Lintahlo , Leskinen, and Maho
Apr 11, 2018 9:48 PM

Nov 2015
Man, that slo-mo transition to Amadeus logo WTF that was EPIC!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2018 9:54 PM

Jul 2016
AX3M said:
Please delete that last line of your post. PLEASE. Or at least that term.. you know what I'm referring to...

done
my bad for getting too excited lol
hey edit your reply,too haha
Apr 11, 2018 9:59 PM

Nov 2015
7th-Archangel said:
AX3M said:

done
my bad for getting too excited lol
hey edit your reply,too haha
Done! :D :D :D

We don't want people to be ready Fuhahahahaah!
Apr 11, 2018 10:06 PM
Sep 2016
Deathmones said:
Just re-watched the movie and prequel to 0 before watching this, boy it was worth it. We got to see the crew again. But is someone missing. No surprise that Okabe is having nightmares about his past. Comedy was pretty funny, good to see Daru is entertaining as always. 2 New characters were shown. Daru's future wife. And a mysterious girl called Maho.

That ending gave me goosebumps and made my jaw drop, because of the seminar. I'm guessing Amadeus is going to be a big part of the series, in a good or bad way. ALSO THE SONG AT THE END WAS SO GOOD. For those that don't know, its the opening for the visual novel. I haven't read it myself so everything is a mystery.

Can't wait to see more!

Just make sure you checked out the missing link OVA (episode 23 beta)
..it's gonna make what's going on clear
1.1.Six
Apr 11, 2018 10:25 PM

Nov 2015
TheServant said:
One question I had lingering in my mind while watching this was how come Okabe got out scot-free after killing Kurisu? I would've expected him to be thrown in jail for quite some time. Or maybe the incident was classified as an accident & Okabe deemed to be crazy so he did not get any punishment? Can anyone explain this to me? And if the answer is a spoiler for this series, then please tag it as spoiler. Thank you.

It seems like no one found out about the killer of Kurisu so it is still a mystery to the public. Of course we all know how that is.
Apr 11, 2018 11:03 PM

Mar 2016
STEINS;GATE IS BACK. YESSSS. I missed seeing Okabe and Mayuri. I missed this entire cast. I like the new clothes they have. Okabe looks good in his suit, although I prefer seeing him in his lab coat haha. Mayuri looking adorable as always <3 I missed Mayuri saying Tuturu xD

Loved the first episode. High expectations, did not disappoint. Starting off with a narrative from Mayuri in the future where WW III is happening and her regrets and we then get back to present time. You know Okabe is not doing well when he tells people his name is not Kyouma. The struggle he is going through now, he went through in the past. I heard this season is going to be really dark. So not prepared :'(

Nice to see Daru hasn't changed with his online trolling and 2d girls haha. The new character, Maho Hiyajou seemed interesting. Her getting misunderstood for being in middle school and being questioned where she found that id because of her height lmao.
"If Daru saw her, he'd shout "Legal Loli for the win" "
That quote killed me. Hahahahaha

I really hope Moeka isn't bat shit crazy in this beta timeline. How much she triggered me in the alpha timeline. Ughh. That ending scene was great. An AI which preserves human memory as a data with feelings and heart, like a human. Amaedus. Really interested in learning more about this system. Looking forward to getting some focus on Maho next episode.

I'm so happy to have this show back. Huge fan of Steins;Gate. One of my all time favorites. Super excited for next week :D

Apr 11, 2018 11:23 PM

Aug 2013
havent read the VN, but it seems this is one of those "first ep done right" thingy... and since I didn't read the VN, that OP seems pretty meh comparing to the original OP..

so what's the realtion with the Missing link one? I figure I need to watch that one since that's the prequel, but after credit in missing link, they showed Okabe meets with AI Kurisu already but he still havent meet her here...does that scene like, foreshadowing this series?
Apr 11, 2018 11:50 PM

Mar 2017
primaltare said:

I see 4 possible reasons :
1) It's not the same attractor field (Beta worldine instead of Alpha) :
--> Origin of the time machine : The time machine was retro-engineered from a SERN machine in the Alpha attractor field and not built from scratch like in Beta
--> Different Suzuha : I think this is shown clearly in a drama CD, but the Suzuha from Alpha and the Suzuha from Beta have different personalities (they had different childhood), and the Suzuha from Alpha (the dystopia) is more ignorant than the Suzuha from Beta. There is no war in the Alpha dystopia, and probably much less violence. In the Beta however the combat is constant and she sees her mother shredded by a combat drone as exemple

2) Emergency aspect : in s&g in alpha Suzuha had 2 days (or 3 ? I'm not sure x) to fix the machine, and she couldn't do it alone. (and I think that the Suzuha from Beta, who was a bit more prepared, should be able to realize basic fix by herself).

3) Identity of the father : she didn't know that Daru is her father before the end of the fixing. Since in the beta worldline there was no time machine race, letting a total stranger (but friend to the heroes of the resistance) looking at her machine was not a problem

4) No future, no present either : in the alpha attractor field, she was going to the past to change the present (and the future). If she succeeded, all would have been rewrited, Daru wouldn't have to fix her machine and so... no problem !

And for the mechanism who prevent paradox by the use of divergence... well... I suppose that is true, but in the explanations in the VN of SG0 Suzuha Beta says that it is not as simple. You can think of her decision like the use of the precaution principle. Without Daru looking at her machine, he is able to create it. So why letting him see the machine and risk a possibly big alteration of the worldline ? There is a risk too that completing too quicly his machine lead a super power to get the plan of it and modify the progress of WWIII.
EsteronaApr 11, 2018 11:59 PM
L・Ψ・≅
Apr 12, 2018 12:03 AM

Jun 2016
This started so good,but I have to rewatch the last few episodes of the 1st season because I forgot some things.

Very Good !
Apr 12, 2018 12:16 AM

Dec 2013
POGCHAMP
FKING
POGGERS
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 12, 2018 12:41 AM

Jan 2017
I liked the episode overall. Did watch ep 22 and 23 and 23bis of the original series just to get a refresher.

I find it funny how it's December for them (a few months) and 7 years for us. Have to love time travel shows!
Apr 12, 2018 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Great to see the characters again, but other than that, that was not very impressive, also Makise's "theory" is what is basically known about storning memories in the brain today (actually less than what is known today), and I don't see anyone in real world developing an "AI with emotions and memories", 1st ep and already crap pseudoscience? The original was pretty believable unlike this.

Okay so a microwave with a CRT sending messages in the past was believable.
Apr 12, 2018 12:56 AM

Feb 2018
SadNihilist said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Great to see the characters again, but other than that, that was not very impressive, also Makise's "theory" is what is basically known about storning memories in the brain today (actually less than what is known today), and I don't see anyone in real world developing an "AI with emotions and memories", 1st ep and already crap pseudoscience? The original was pretty believable unlike this.

Okay so a microwave with a CRT sending messages in the past was believable.

Of course something funky would happen if you connect a phone to a microwave and send messages to the phone while tv is turned on 2 stories under.
Makes perfect sense to me.
Apr 12, 2018 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
Better than i expected, even though i think transferring human memory/emotion is a bit creep in this case.
Also, it's surprising to see Steins;Gate 0 at 2nd position of best anime.
Apr 12, 2018 1:18 AM

Jan 2018
Can somebody explain to me why Feris and Ruka were upset about Okabe going to mixers?
Apr 12, 2018 1:27 AM

Nov 2015
EdojawaHunt said:
If only they could adapt both main routes (six routes in total).
They're adapting both so don't worry. The question is .... HOW?
Apr 12, 2018 1:44 AM
Jul 2017
Judging by the "hikikoboshi" quote from future mayuri, will this goes straight forward into vega and altair ending? Kinda want to see the other route tho :/ maybe in season 2?

It starts with a hefty amount of introduction compared to VN (which is good) but if you don't watch the OG it will be pretty confusing lol. But, all in all its extremely enjoyable.
Apr 12, 2018 1:47 AM

Jun 2015
The wait will be unbearable
Apr 12, 2018 1:52 AM

Feb 2018
We need moar 10s and moar hype, it's only #2.
Apr 12, 2018 2:04 AM
Sep 2016
i haven't been this hyped in a while
Apr 12, 2018 2:09 AM

Aug 2016
Ahhh, I think I need to rewatch the first Steins;Gate cause I've forgotten what happens there. But I'm pretty sure I've got the main ideas to know what caused this timeline to happen.

Overall, this is a great start! Got my Steins;Gate feels back and I really can't wait to see the next episode.

Really feel bad for Okarin though.

Set by SenpieX
Apr 12, 2018 2:09 AM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn...Steins;Gate. Seeing this felt nostalgic especially with Mayuri and the narratives in the beginning. The episode had a moody feel from the beginning but still felt like the previous series. Seeing Okabe dressed in a suit is a nice touch (I still prefer his signature lab coat though).

The animation style still feels very familiar to the franchise. Well done so far White Fox. Seems this episode/timeline takes place around the holiday season. It's really nice to see others like Ruka and Faris too. Really glad to also see some humor added in for the episode. It kinda felt like the episode is a setup for rest of the season but this really can get a viewer back into the mood.

Daru's personality is still the same as usual lol

The psychology is nicely done as expected and I'm glad they captured Okabe's personality and inner instincts pretty well.

Man, as a non vn readers i feel this episode discussion thread contains too many vague reference/spoiler of vn.. I just want to see discussion about this episode. No more than that.. hope moderator could delete all of the spoiler here...

Btw pretty good start in this anime. Im not hype or anything as based on steins gate 1st season, this anime probably will have rough and slow beginning and will be be really good in the middle or near the end... so, yeah i'd rather not have any big hope and meet with dissapointment.. 8/10

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Apr 12, 2018 2:13 AM

Nov 2015
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
We need moar 10s and moar hype, it's only #2.
Operation Surpass FMA:B confirmed?
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.