Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 1, 2018 10:13 PM
Aug 2015
Where can I get this ED episode 4 ? "button" penguin research but slower plus piano version? HELP ToT loving this version so much but cant find it anywhere..
Apr 2, 2018 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
Idc if people say this was rushed.

The ending of this was soooo good. Man this got me in the emotions. glad they got to remember each otha in the end. Deep shit
Apr 4, 2018 12:34 PM

Nov 2011
This felt meh to me for whatever reason, missing something essential. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 4, 2018 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
man the last scene was so emotional.... I am really glad they animated it
Apr 6, 2018 6:30 AM
May 2015
So happy it ended like that!!!
Apr 6, 2018 3:59 PM
Nov 2014
these four episodes destroyed me... i remembered how emotional this whole story was and they made it even more emotional
Apr 7, 2018 6:19 PM

Jul 2009
It was rushed, like everyone said...
It was so sad when they hug and Chizuru knows they both wont remember each other, and when she writes in her hand her feelings =/
...Onoya the best girl! She did everything so Arata and Chizuru could meet in real life!!! And Ooga's brother got a 2nd chance!
Apr 9, 2018 5:41 PM

Oct 2012
Bawling my eyes out.

I binged this in one nite. saw the last ovas today.

Bitter sweet ending. sux that the 2 cant see the others again

but at least they have each other?

why not KISS THOUGH ;(
Apr 10, 2018 5:48 PM

Jun 2016
I dont know why, but I kind of didnt want them to remember each other
Mind you im glad they did
Apr 11, 2018 10:18 AM
Apr 2018
I loved this anime, especially the ending (although I haven't read the manga, so I can't say whether it's better or worse)! As a standalone anime, it does really well. Plot is clear, fantastic slice of life/romance anime.

I was crying during the ending (~15/16 min mark) when Button started playing, thinking it was over. But then, the true ending came.All I can express right now is that I am happy and content.

Nice touch with Arata's first subject being Oga-kun's brother too.

9.5/10 (felt a tad rushed with only 4 episodes in the 2nd season, but they did a good job with that limitation. 10/10 for making me cry lol)
Apr 11, 2018 8:06 PM
Sep 2017
DestinoAzell said:
Where can I get this ED episode 4 ? "button" penguin research but slower plus piano version? HELP ToT loving this version so much but cant find it anywhere..
same I'm waiting for it to be release.. they said it'll come out soon... loving the ED1 & 2 as well!! I didn't know ED 1 since 2012 or 15.. (I forgot haha) and ED 2 from 2007 lmao
Apr 11, 2018 11:16 PM
Aug 2015
Aye thank you sir....I really cant wait for this album!
Apr 14, 2018 9:14 AM

May 2014
Oh man, at the end there I thought they were gonna leave it with them not remembering and a just some kind of glance that's supposed to insuiate some bullshit like is often case... and was about to hate this shit, but they didn't fuck around and gave that happy ending. :,)
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Apr 15, 2018 6:59 PM
Nov 2012
The feels are too real
Apr 16, 2018 8:36 PM
Apr 2018
It was awesome and I thought the story progressed very fast and it was rushed.Now I feel very sad.Anyways it was a happy ending.
Apr 18, 2018 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
Arata is graduating. I'm so proud of him.
His Relife is complete.
Baka Chizuru. You made An cry.
Arata wants to work for Relife? I guessed it.
Dat OP insert song.
Wait...is that Showga's house? LMAO
Of course he meets Chizuru.
Of course they remember each other.

And that was the end. Started off great then became something to just finish. Dat An reveal really changed things for me. Surprised the ending wasn't focused on ReNA. You know... because she was the center of everything. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 19, 2018 4:18 AM
Dec 2012
Very rushed but I'm still super happy about the ending.
Apr 19, 2018 11:33 PM
Mar 2018
"i was inlove with kaizaki arata" that part hurt me the most...like damn
Apr 20, 2018 11:44 AM

Oct 2015
Didn't expect a happy ending at all, beautiful ;_;
Apr 23, 2018 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
I haven't read the manga but even I felt like the last episode was a bit rushed, especially the ending. I can't say I didn't enjoy it though. The hand-writing part broke my heart a little :'( but I'm super glad they remembered each other in the end :3 I just wish they would have shown a bit more of them later.
Also, maybe it was just me but I think An recommended this job to Hishiro specifically because of Kaizaki being there :P I'm sure she hoped they would remember it each other, even if it's only a slight chance.
Kaizaki's first patient being Oga's brother was a nice touch as well :)

All in all I would still give this the same as the original series, a 7/10, as I consider both to be the same season. This was a nice series, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing other stories from the ReLIFE experiment :)

By the way, to those of you who enjoyed the basic idea of this experiment and the story itself, I recommend you to play To the Moon and Finding Paradise (in that order). They are RPG Maker games that have a kind of similar theme, although based on a different concept. They are great stories.
Apr 24, 2018 6:13 AM
Mar 2018
Im 17 in 1 month i have entrance exams and school life is over for me and if there is one thing bugging me that is not having watched this anime 1 year ago there are so many things i regret not doing and i feel sad i realized so late :'(
May 4, 2018 1:32 AM

Nov 2014
tywhoppity said:
Whoever decided to make this 4ep dropped the ball. Cheap animation shortcuts with the silhouettes, and way too rushed. I wish someday they would remake this proper, and SHOW THE DAMN KISS!

Didn't realize the "sunset scene" in the OP was covered late in the manga, either.

Still gave it a 9, though.... :' )

yeahh totally right !!! the KISS !!!

well, it's totally unfortunate tho, they didn't show that and many great moments from the manga, but for me it's already wonderful to wrap it overall in just 4 episode, at least i can sleep well :D

still the accoustic ver of OP and overall episode still stirring my feeling haha

gave it 10, cause this one of my favorite series
May 5, 2018 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Perfect ending!

I would wish for ending song some little bits after their final embrace but they fit the most important things in and made it so that it doesn't feel rushed, pretty good job there. Very touching end.

Really enjoyed this anime.

8/10 Only four eps but it was great conclusion to whole RELife series.
May 5, 2018 7:19 PM

Feb 2014
i don't know... they remembering was so convenient... so out of the blue.

probably giving this a 6

May 6, 2018 9:06 PM
Mar 2015
Awesome!
BTW, kids now-a-days do a LOT more than just "hug"
May 10, 2018 7:42 PM

Apr 2015
Wow this was almost like Kimi no nawa but a bit less dramatic
May 17, 2018 12:50 AM
Feb 2017
I agree that these last four OVA episodes were rushed but, all in all, I think they did an effective job ending the series.

This final installment was particularly brilliant. At this point, it is pretty obvious that there are only two routes the writers can take: either the show has a happy ending when Chizuru and Arata remember each other, or the show has a sad, contemplative ending when the two simply part ways without recognizing one another. Often, the "happy ending" tends to be predictable while the "sad" ending runs the risk of leaving the audience feeling unfulfilled or cheated.

But the ending of this episode was absolutely brilliant! You know, I really, really thought they were going to end it super sad (something like 5 Centimeters per Second). Thankfully, we got a happy ending right at the last moment.

There's only one thing that doesn't seem to add up for me. Both Chizuru and Arata were so important to one another's Re-Life experiences that, if they were to forget one another, it would render each character's experience in the program relatively worthless. It would have been a lot simpler to go by the logic that, since both Chizuru and Arata are Re-Life participants, they should both keep their memories of one another. Of course, then we wouldn't have gotten such a dramatic ending, so I'm not complaining.
May 19, 2018 10:59 PM
May 2013
holy fuck, "rushed" doesn't even begin to describe it. obvious low budget is obvious. i don't think even two more episodes would've made it acceptable.

i watched the anime before reading the manga and it was really really good, but the experience of following the manga releases was just so much more impactful than even the first 13 episodes, let alone these OVAs.

gonna have to drop the score a little - from an 8 to a 7. such a good story with an amazing concept and the most lovable pairing in recent memory completely hampered down by time/money constraints ugh
May 23, 2018 9:26 AM
Sep 2017
It was a pretty good episode and Im glad they remembered eachother at the end. However, it makes me really sad to know that their friends don't remember them anymore :'( .
May 24, 2018 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
damn, this was such a good ending. Really great episode
May 27, 2018 8:33 AM
Aug 2016
it deserve an end, finally.

i still hoping they make another ova or special: arata-hishiro dating in REAL LIFE

terbaper 2018
Sep 16, 2018 7:58 PM

Mar 2012
I randomly thought earlier today you know, the one show i wish i could see an ending to was ReLife. I didn't realize that there an ending to it that had come out in animated format, but the 2 year long wait is over for me.

While it was definitely rushed, i enjoyed it. It was simplistic yet fulfilling to what i had hoped to see as a conclusion to the series.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Oct 11, 2018 9:24 PM

May 2011
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS T_T
Oct 29, 2018 5:51 PM

Sep 2009
ReLIFE was soooooooooo goooooood, way to short :( <3 the end of episode 4 could start another amazing 12 episode story-line as adults working für relife, romancing all over the place OwO
DerVomHimmelOct 29, 2018 5:55 PM

Nov 5, 2018 3:35 PM

Dec 2013
Overall rushed but still a really nice ending with plenty of feels.
Nov 8, 2018 8:56 PM

Feb 2012
I dont know why, but as soon as it ended I was crying like a little kid. That ending was a little unexpected for me, but then, when they got together... oh my, this show was good.
Nov 23, 2018 10:21 AM
Jan 2017
I just realized that the pills were the same color as the eyes of the one taking them, and I think white pills make you grow younger, while the black ones make you grow older.
Nov 29, 2018 1:07 PM

Sep 2014
idk why but this ending doesnt feel right. Im glad we had this deus ex machina happy ending, but Makoto Shinkai should probably remake this part.

They absolutely can not let them keep their memories from other test subjects but its okay to literally put them next to each other in the same room?

I guess a sort of bitter sweet ending where they loose their memories but get connected again anyway would have been better. This lets just remember because power of love doesnt feel right with an otherwise mature show.

Oh and this was rushed as hell. I wanted a sequel/ending for ReLife more than anything else when I watched this over 2 years ago, probably on the same level as I want haruhi, madoka and rebuild of evangelion to get a good ending.

But this wasnt it. I dont even want to read the manga anymore when this is the outcome.

An crying was a good moment though.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 31, 2018 3:52 PM
Jul 2016
One second they were eating the pill, the next second they remembered each other.

ENDING WAS SOOOOO RUSHED!

"Kimi No Na Wa" had a similar ending, but the pacing at the end was MUCH better
Dec 31, 2018 4:15 PM
Jul 2016
GundamSoul said:
I think the worst part was them talking about fireworks was what made them remember. That was really stupid. In the OVA it seemed cliche like you knew it was going to happen. In the manga it was so much more fleshed out it felt like they could start over without their memories and still be into each other. I would have liked that ending as well. Yeah. No kiss = bullshit.

I agree, they remembered more naturally in the manga.
Jan 15, 2019 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
Wonderful! It was obviously rushed, but I'd take something like this over no conclusions at all. The story is just beautiful. It was sad to see Oga not remember Kaizaki when Kaizaki visited Oga's brother though.

Also, Kaizaki and Hishiro in the end was so beautiful. The graduation hug was just so emotional too. I loved their arc. They're supposed to be Re(living)Life as a high schooler, but in the end, their lives were changed by another adult. It's just so beautiful to think about it. The ending really reminded me of "Your Name." This time though, they completely remembered each other.
Jan 23, 2019 2:30 AM

May 2015
it was the endidng I wanted yesu
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Feb 5, 2019 6:06 AM

Aug 2017
Did not like relife overall. 4 out of 10.

Kimi no na wa much better.
Feb 9, 2019 6:11 AM

May 2015
I am glad that they gave us a happy ending , it makes up a bit with the fact that's been rushed , but it is so disappointing that a good anime with a nice story that has so much potential is simply rushed . I really do not understand why is that , probably budget or who knows
Feb 11, 2019 3:25 PM

May 2016
Seeing people comparing Kimi No Na Wa with ReLIFE makes me happy because this anime was tremendously good. I really liked it even if it was "rushed" according to some people. Yes, they could've gave us more episodes but imagine how useless they would've been since Arata and Hishiro developed feelings for each other. Anyway, for me it was really good and i am super glad that the writer gave it a happy ending, it totally deserved it.

As a 25y old guy i am this anime had a huge meaning for me even if it filled me with some bittersweet memories of my past.

Arigato ReLife.
Feb 17, 2019 4:15 AM
May 2018
THIS REALLY PUT ME TO A ROLLERCOASTER. I love this anime til the end. I dont know but they managed to find each other.Love this
Feb 17, 2019 4:16 AM
May 2018
Elanin said:
Seeing people comparing Kimi No Na Wa with ReLIFE makes me happy because this anime was tremendously good. I really liked it even if it was "rushed" according to some people. Yes, they could've gave us more episodes but imagine how useless they would've been since Arata and Hishiro developed feelings for each other. Anyway, for me it was really good and i am super glad that the writer gave it a happy ending, it totally deserved it.

As a 25y old guy i am this anime had a huge meaning for me even if it filled me with some bittersweet memories of my past.

Arigato ReLife.

yeah! probably one of my top 5 animes! every episode was thrilling.i love all of it!
Mar 7, 2019 1:17 AM

Jan 2014
feel rushed, but I'm satisfied with this ending.
I'm just curious, is there more of this in manga?
I just want to know about Arata taking care of the shut in brother, and how Arata and Hishiro after their memories get back in adult life. or did one of his friend recognize Arata adult form, maybe?
Mar 7, 2019 4:50 AM

Nov 2009
I liked the story, but how did they manage to remember exactly? So memories don't get erased?
Any explanation is worthless to a blind hater, any criticism is worthless to a blind fanboy.
Mar 17, 2019 3:59 PM
Nov 2017
I was sad that the blonde haired dude forgot him even though it was happy ending it was so painful to watch
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

63 by venbals »»
Apr 23, 7:52 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

42 by venbals »»
Apr 22, 7:28 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

45 by Miki42 »»
Jan 12, 3:45 PM

» [spoilers] Ending problem

DobryDemon - Dec 4, 2022

14 by DobryDemon »»
Jan 2, 3:34 PM

» Is it really the end?

Levi1108 - Mar 25, 2023

18 by saikyozero »»
May 25, 2023 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.