Forum Settings
Forums

Do you ever re-evaluate your scores after re-watching a series?

New
Mar 4, 2018 9:12 AM
Nov 2017
Pretty self explanatory. Just curious to know if anyone does this and how different do you evaluate the show when re-watching it?
Mar 4, 2018 9:13 AM

Jul 2017
No, because most likely, you're bound to not enjoy the show as much if you're rewatching it since you're already aware of all the surprises and events that happened.

The only exceptions would be either a.) there were elements/parts of the story that I didn't understand when watching it the first time, in that case rewatching may have made me enjoy the show more, or b.) if there are scenes that don't lose their impact after rewatching like Clannad AS hug scene.
Mar 4, 2018 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
yes, after re-watching a show I sometimes realize I was too generous or too harsh when I originally rated it.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Mar 4, 2018 10:30 AM

Aug 2012
Definitely. Re-watched GiTS 1995 a few times until it really captured me.

Apr 2016
Fakegoose said:
yes, after re-watching a show I sometimes realize I was too generous or too harsh when I originally rated it.

This. In most cases it's the first one for me, since I'm usually generous with my scores.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Jan 2013
Um no cause I dont rewatch anyway. That shit stupid
Mar 4, 2018 10:33 AM

Feb 2018
Yea because when I rewatch a series i often notice flaws/plot holes I missed on the first watch
Mar 4, 2018 10:35 AM

Jun 2016
I re-watch series quite often, though the stats on my profile don't reflect that because I just re-watch it without actually setting the anime as re-watching. I typically don't change my ratings too drastically though (I do make changes if I feel my original score was too high), because I'm not some review expert who looks over every tiny aspect of an anime trying to find fault in it so I can lower its score and seem professional. I rate based on whether I liked the series or not, which essentially is what most people do.
Mar 4, 2018 10:36 AM

Aug 2017
I never re-watched an anime so far but yeah, if I ever do it I would
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 12:37 PM
Oct 2017
have you ever done a soft rewatch of a series you've only dreamed of watching
Mar 4, 2018 12:39 PM

Oct 2015
I mean, it depends. If I may have missed something or maybe found a new perspective, I would like it or less like it depending on the case.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 4, 2018 12:39 PM

Jan 2016
No, cause I don't rewatch anything.
Mar 4, 2018 1:38 PM

May 2015
Really it only happens if I haven't watched the series in a while. For something that I adore, rewatching it is just going to be me enjoying the experience + finding new ways to say its the most good thing since the letter good was first said in history. Rewatching something I hate is going to be the same thing but instead I'll contemplate suicide the entire time and relate to Miyazaki.

Rewatching something specifically because I feel my opinion could change, can lead to a re-evaluation. For example, I rewatched Fate/Stay Night UBW and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it compared to my expectations.

anyways re:watch is a shitty isekai that ripoffs the already bad isekai known as Re:Life, expecting you to care about it because the protagonist is a cute watch.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 4, 2018 3:28 PM
Sep 2014
I don't rewatch, but I think somewhere in the future I'll want to remember certain shows so when that time comes... Yes I'll set the score to whichever I think at the moment.
Mar 5, 2018 2:44 AM
Aug 2016
Yeah, I do, and it usually ends with the series getting a higher rating.

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9071 by appledude1221 »»
18 seconds ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

12 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

50 by traed »»
1 minute ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

19 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.