Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 2010 4:53 AM
Feb 2010
I don't know if this post is created already so here it goes...

I realized that one of the reasons I liked Animal Crossing the movie so much was because it was all cute and G-rated and really different from Elfen Lied which I recently watched. What are some other really light, cute, G-rated anime that would be good to watch after really gory ones?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2010 4:53 AM

Feb 2010
whats g rated .)_.

Mar 24, 2010 4:55 AM

Aug 2009
General Audience

Appropriate for all ages, with no offensive content such as violence, drug use, profanity, or sex acts. (Urbandic)
Mar 24, 2010 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
Doraemon.
Mar 24, 2010 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
It´s very hard to find anything G-rated (not just anime) that is not for kids around 10 or lower. I think the Studio Ghibli movies (although you have already seen most of them) are your best bet for this kind of show
Mar 24, 2010 10:09 AM

Jun 2007
G anime?
Have they made a House of the dead one?
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]
Mar 24, 2010 10:15 AM

Apr 2008
cheburashka arere, currently airing is kinda cute.

Mar 24, 2010 10:21 AM

Aug 2008
Hamtaro.

Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Mar 24, 2010 10:29 AM

Sep 2008
SD gundam
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 24, 2010 10:45 AM

Mar 2009
Gundam is G Rated? Well, that does it, I made my mind to never watch any Gundam series.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Mar 24, 2010 11:25 AM

Jan 2010
Perhaps Aria would fit the bill.

Chi's Sweet Home?
Mar 24, 2010 11:41 AM

Jan 2010
Cholisose said:
Perhaps Aria would fit the bill.

Chi's Sweet Home?
This. Aria indeed has a very peaceful and relaxing feeling to it.
Mar 24, 2010 12:05 PM

Jan 2010
kodial said:
Gundam is G Rated? Well, that does it, I made my mind to never watch any Gundam series.

Original series perhaps. Most certainly NOT some of the newer ones.
Mar 24, 2010 12:28 PM

May 2009
kodial said:
The SD Gundams are parodies. The others are not G rated...

And I definitely recommend Aria as well.
Mar 24, 2010 12:32 PM

Mar 2009
Shugo Chara Party! is definitely G-Rated.
Mar 24, 2010 1:58 PM

Sep 2008
kodial said:

SUPER DEFORMED GUNDAM. it has as much to do with regular Gundam as Kittens have to Cats

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2391/SD_Gundam_Force
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 24, 2010 3:35 PM

Aug 2009
Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror is a charming movie for all ages.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/5998/Hottarake_no_Shima_~Haruka_to_Mahou_no_Kagami~
Oct 8, 2019 7:22 PM
Feb 2018
All of the Pretty Cure series are rated G (General Patronage) despite having action scenes, fantasy violence and flashy light effects that may cause seizures. It supposed to be rated PG - Children just like the Pokémon series and Card Captor Sakura.
Oct 8, 2019 8:22 PM

Jun 2019
Regarding Doubutsu no Mori, that's been in my PTW list for a while so I would love to hear what you enjoyed most about it.

For recommendations,

There are probably a lot of ones which would be classified as G-rated that aired on TV in Europe and the U.S. in the 80s and 90s which I just haven't either heard of or at least seen. So the suggestions I do have you may have already seen, but the following are some I've seen and would recommend that are all G-rated according to MAL:

Aria the Animation
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
The Secret World of Arrietty
Whisper of the Heart

There are a surprising number which you would think would be G or could pass as G, but are actually PG. Even Doraemon movies are PG!

There should be more G-rated content advertised.

Oct 8, 2019 9:03 PM

Mar 2008
Honestly just ignore ratings and go by content. Ratings are very inconsistent things even when official. MAL's ratings are arbitrarily made on spot by staff.
Oct 8, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2014
The_Anonymous28 said:
All of the Pretty Cure series are rated G (General Patronage) despite having action scenes, fantasy violence and flashy light effects that may cause seizures. It supposed to be rated PG - Children just like the Pokémon series and Card Captor Sakura.
I hope you realize that the person asking the question hasn't been online in nearly a decade.

OT: I don't usually pay attention to the age rating unless it implies explicit content, in which case it lets me know what to expect.
Oct 8, 2019 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
Look at Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou anime and the sequel. Goes from G to R+ because of a seconds long scene ROFL
Oct 8, 2019 10:56 PM

May 2009
Advisory notice: thread was created in 2010
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 8, 2019 11:02 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:

go away small nerd

OT: yosuga no sora: in solitude, where at least we are alone

Oct 8, 2019 11:15 PM

May 2009
Manaban said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

go away small nerd

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by insulting me and then mentioning a glaringly inapplicable answer as OT.

I mean, it's not even "light" or "cute", let alone the rating; it's pretty heavy drama.
Oct 8, 2019 11:23 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Manaban said:

go away small nerd

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by insulting me and then mentioning a glaringly inapplicable answer as OT.

I mean, it's not even "light" or "cute", let alone the rating; it's pretty heavy drama.

you owe me a couple of months worth of backpay in lunch money and i intend to collect sooner rather than later

Oct 8, 2019 11:29 PM

May 2009
Manaban said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

you owe me a couple of months worth of backpay in lunch money and i intend to collect sooner rather than later

For the record, above-quoted poster posted the following comment in this thread, which is likely the intended reference for the "lunch money" thing

Manaban said:
If anybody unironically thinks Yosuga no Sora deserves its score relative to the general scoring on this site, then they should have their lunch money taken from them for being fucking nerds

FYI you should actually check my score for Yosuga no Sora -- or my comments about it in my post history -- before insulting me in your seemingly drunken defense of it.
Oct 8, 2019 11:32 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:

For the record, above-quoted poster posted the following comment in this thread, which is likely the intended reference for the "lunch money" thing

the way you respond to nonsensical ramblings is so stiff and robotic that i find it personally offensive

i demand an apology

GlennMagusHarvey said:

FYI you should actually check my score for Yosuga no Sora -- or my comments about it in my post history -- before insulting me in your seemingly drunken defense of it.

no

Oct 8, 2019 11:40 PM

May 2009
Manaban said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

the way you respond to nonsensical ramblings is so stiff and robotic that i find it personally offensive

i demand an apology
Well I just take it at face value, because there ain't much meaning doing it any other way.

Meanwhile, the way you insult and belittle others is so obnoxious that I find it personally offensive.

But I don't demand apologies, so don't worry about it.

Manaban said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

no
Well, either way, I have no lunch money for ya.
Oct 8, 2019 11:45 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Well I just take it at face value, because there ain't much meaning doing it any other way.

Meanwhile, the way you insult and belittle others is so obnoxious that I find it personally offensive.

none of this is saying sorry to me for what you said to me just now

GlennMagusHarvey said:

you can pay me back later with interest

Oct 8, 2019 11:46 PM

May 2009
Manaban said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

none of this is saying sorry to me for what you said to me just now
Keep waiting, then.

Manaban said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

you can pay me back later with interest
It's still zero.
Oct 8, 2019 11:50 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Keep waiting, then.

why, i'd never

you should be ashamed to consider yourself an adult whenever you're so unwilling to take responsibility for your actions in such a brazen manner

GlennMagusHarvey said:
It's still zero.

ngl idk how lunch money works beyond its the stereotypical primary school bully thing, so i assume this means you'll be wiring your lunch money to my paypal posthaste

Oct 8, 2019 11:51 PM

Sep 2019
Manaban said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Keep waiting, then.

why, i'd never

you should be ashamed to consider yourself an adult whenever you're so unwilling to take responsibility for your actions in such a brazen manner

GlennMagusHarvey said:
It's still zero.

ngl idk how lunch money works beyond people demand it, so i assume this means you'll be wiring it to my paypal posthaste
What kind of troll you are? Are you professional in trolling?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Oct 8, 2019 11:52 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Peeti said:
Manaban said:

why, i'd never

ngl idk how lunch money works beyond people demand it, so i assume this means you'll be wiring it to my paypal posthaste
What kind of troll you are? Are you professional in trolling?

no, i get rejected every time i try to apply for my license

Oct 8, 2019 11:53 PM

May 2009
Manaban said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
It's still zero.

ngl idk how lunch money works beyond its the stereotypical primary school bully thing, so i assume this means you'll be wiring your lunch money to my paypal posthaste
You're covering the wire fees for your $0 wire request.
Oct 8, 2019 11:54 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Manaban said:

You're covering the wire fees for your $0 wire request.

that wasn't part of the deal dammit

you can't just change the rules at will

Oct 9, 2019 12:22 AM

Nov 2018
MHA it's a better choice for any age.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 9, 2019 12:47 AM

Feb 2019
shoujo ramune
Tamayura is a nice fluffy OVA followed by a series.
Oct 9, 2019 1:30 AM

Sep 2018
Akage no Anne is probably one of the best Slice of Lives period, by the legendary Isao Takahata.
Oct 9, 2019 4:19 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I'm grateful to the person who necro'd this thread, cuz I appreciate family-friendly anime and I find it a little sad that no one really talks about them that much.

Anyway, here's some G-rated anime:
  • For starters, Ojamajo Doremi is a great anime to watch regardless of how old you are.
    Nice character designs, good music, decent character development, and I really like how they touch on touchy topics (like divorce) in this show.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura is another great magical girl anime for people of all ages. I feel that it kinda has the same appeal of Pokémon, since Sakura learns of the magical Clow Cards and has to catch 'em all (I mean, that was the main reason why I loved the manga in the first place). But it also appeals to people who want wholesome slice-of-life fun.
  • Some of the Pokémon movies are also good, especially the first five movies and some of the later ones, like The Rise of Darkrai and The Power of Us.
  • Studio Ghibli movies, like My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away, are some examples of popular good anime for all ages. I feel that (like most people do) their good reputation is earned.
I would like to mention Jewelpet, since it looks cute, friendly, and seems to have a similar appeal as the Pretty Cure franchise (since they're both kiddy anime franchises with most if not each season having its own story), but I haven't seen it so idk if it's any good.
I'm sure @Mega-PoNEO will explain its appeal and if it's worth watching (since I know that they love this franchise haha).
Oct 9, 2019 5:45 PM
May 2019
Maybe something like K-ON, Yuru Camp or Aria.
Oct 2, 2020 10:00 AM
Jul 2020
Here are some
Yoki Watch
Little Witch Academia(should be PG)
Dino Girl Gauko

And here are some examples of the ratings

PG-Little Witch Academia:Enchanted Parade
PG-13- Kill La Kill
R-Panty and Stocking
R+-Interspecies Reviewers
Rx-Panty Flash Teacher
Oct 2, 2020 10:02 AM
Jul 2020
Fario-P said:
I'm grateful to the person who necro'd this thread, cuz I appreciate family-friendly anime and I find it a little sad that no one really talks about them that much.

Anyway, here's some G-rated anime:
  • For starters, Ojamajo Doremi is a great anime to watch regardless of how old you are.
    Nice character designs, good music, decent character development, and I really like how they touch on touchy topics (like divorce) in this show.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura is another great magical girl anime for people of all ages. I feel that it kinda has the same appeal of Pokémon, since Sakura learns of the magical Clow Cards and has to catch 'em all (I mean, that was the main reason why I loved the manga in the first place). But it also appeals to people who want wholesome slice-of-life fun.
  • Some of the Pokémon movies are also good, especially the first five movies and some of the later ones, like The Rise of Darkrai and The Power of Us.
  • Studio Ghibli movies, like My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away, are some examples of popular good anime for all ages. I feel that (like most people do) their good reputation is earned.
I would like to mention Jewelpet, since it looks cute, friendly, and seems to have a similar appeal as the Pretty Cure franchise (since they're both kiddy anime franchises with most if not each season having its own story), but I haven't seen it so idk if it's any good.
I'm sure @Mega-PoNEO will explain its appeal and if it's worth watching (since I know that they love this franchise haha).

Card Capador Sakra is PG||||||||||||||||||
Oct 2, 2020 10:03 AM
Jul 2020
Xstasy said:
Maybe something like K-ON, Yuru Camp or Aria.

K-on is PG-13 but it should be PG.||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Oct 2, 2020 12:06 PM

Aug 2020
Only G-Rated anime I can rocommend is Galaxy Express 999 It is a light-hearted romp through the galaxy exploring various planets and learning about yourself and achieving your dreams.

Edit: It's by Leiji Matsumoto so you know its good!
Oct 2, 2020 12:20 PM

Jun 2019
To add on to my autumn of 2019 post from almost a year ago, I was going to suggest Flying Witch as another great candidate when I read the comment above reminding me of the seemingly random and arbitrary nature of the rating system for anime on MAL, went back to Flying Witch's main page, and lo and behold, a PG-13. Why is Flying Witch a PG-13? Who knows? It's not the equivalent of, for example, a U.S. film rated PG-13 by the MPAA. There is zero violence of anything more than minor slapstick resulting in no blood or gore, no nudity or any other form of sexual content depicted or implied, no explicit language in terms of common vulgarities/curses or sexual or racial epithets and slurs, and no other subject manner which, while not graphic in the aforementioned categories, meets some other standard of being too heady and vaguely controversial and dramatic to justify a lower rating. It's a pure feel good sensory experience for anyone of any age with content no reasonable person could deem any more inappropriate for a 6 year-old than a 50 year-old. There is no way "parental guidance should be suggested" for those under 13 (in line with the language governing that rating) as it has nothing in it more violent, crude/vulgar, frightening, or otherwise raw and explicit than any G-rated Disney film or TV Y-7 show on American TV during children-oriented programming bloc hours.
WatchTillTandavaOct 2, 2020 12:25 PM
Oct 2, 2020 12:38 PM
Jul 2020
Hentai......? Lol, I'm replying to a ten year old thread.
Oct 2, 2020 1:50 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
We have family movie nights on fridays and I've always wanted to watch a good anime with the whole family. Got some young siblings, but generally if it's not TOO extreme, my parents are fine with gore, swearing, drugs, all that imdb parents guide rating stuff. But not once will they tolerate the slightest sexual innuendos. So RIP me trying to find anime to enjoy together with the family.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 2, 2020 4:16 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
C-radica said:
Fario-P said:

Card Capador Sakra is PG||||||||||||||||||

That's just what MAL decided to rate it. Any reasonable person would consider Cardcaptor Sakura a G-rated anime; hell, I was a child when I first read the manga and checked out the anime, and I was fine with it. There's nothing really objectionable about the anime as far as I can remember.
Oct 2, 2020 4:39 PM

Mar 2019
I have only watched few G-rated anime, such as Aria and Little Witch Academia. (I wonder why LWA is rated G?)

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

38 by zckfox »»
2 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

85 by Absurdo_N »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you have any special memories from the anime fandom?

RobertBobert - Today

6 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

11 by zckfox »»
12 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 9 hours ago

12 by rohan121 »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.