Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2018 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, just when I thought this episode would be cherry, those guys with the creepy masks show up.

It's a good thing that Temari came on time or those kids would of been in big trouble. Temari is still awesome. We need more of her.
Feb 7, 2018 2:56 AM
Sep 2017
This arc is becoming better! Hope this mini-arc before the Momoshiki arc lives up to our hopes! Temari was really a badass in here.
One thing that I can predict is that Shikadai knows somehow that Ryogi is of Byakuya gang. His face and actions clearly indicate these. I would love to know how he came to know.
Feb 7, 2018 4:05 AM

Jul 2017
I'm really enjoying this arc so far and the interactions of Shikadai with Ryogi. All the genins are showing up which is a plus point for me. And it's official, Udon is the sensei of team 5. The only sensei left to be revealed now is the one from Sumire's team.

Feb 7, 2018 4:21 AM

Jan 2017
well... that was s**t

temari sounds like a man.
there wasn't a mother and son vibe going on between her and shikadai
in this episode they tried explore morals -noble thieves, are they good/bad etc. etc.; but they're a bunch of kids in a slice of life style action anime, 'cause of that they ended up sounding really cringy

this was definitely the worst episode in this arc.
nothing seems to intensify and the episode ends ups playing out really badly with no feeling of a climax

P.S.
who is supposed to be the target audience for boruto... it definitely seems as though it is for 10yr olds -with a few exceptions- and i'm guessing its primary audience are those who moved on to this after completing the entire naruto series
tidoesstuffFeb 7, 2018 4:26 AM
Feb 7, 2018 4:53 AM
Sep 2017
that katasuke guy is so annoying for me

I think that shikadai knows that the kid he plays with is somewhat connected with that gang !!

todays episode was boring for me !!
Feb 7, 2018 5:28 AM

Jan 2014
that kid dissapeared with an ice ninjutsu in front of Boruto and Shikadai..
he is sure leaving a trace back there.
Feb 7, 2018 5:39 AM

Jun 2014
It probably wasn't a smart idea for Ryogi to use an ice technique to part ways with Boruto and Shikadai. It seems like he was intentionally dropping an obvious hint there.

It was nice to see Temari in action after so long, and it looks like Shikadai will get the truth next episode about Ryogi and his involvement with the Byakuya Gang.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 7, 2018 6:21 AM

Jan 2009
Man I really like the difference between the anime and manga

Manga: Boruto and the gang are basically fighting the freaking terminator(ninja-tech enhancements+minigun)

Anime: The whole village can't deal with a couple of thieves.

Like really? I'm supposed to believe that Temari couldn't catch these random mooks? Yea sure it's not like she's a jounin and previously the bodyguard of Kazekage. Makes perfect sense that she couldn't handle some random kid who can create bit of ice.

Like here's an idea, give all the genin walkie-talkies and they just call in when they see these guys. Then position Rock Lee in the middle of the village. Now when someone spots them, Lee will get the info immediately. Then he can just go 6 gates, be there in 5 seconds and beat up these guys in 2.
Oh yea but that can't work, since everyone aside from Bort and the gang is completely incompetent now.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Feb 7, 2018 6:40 AM

Feb 2013
Temari disappointed me.
Feb 7, 2018 7:45 AM

Sep 2013
The ice kid is ryogi, the thieves mange to evade temari and shikadai not trying hard enough.
Feb 7, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2016
Because it's a time of piece it seems it took a toll on everybody, cuz the mightiest ninja from the era of war can't take on 5 guys of witch one is a kid, who use specific style of jutsu which should be easy enough to trace. It's obvious that this anime is connected to Naruto in name only.
Boruto doesn't like the way world is divided or at least he has some doubts, but has no problems of using hokage connections to get that limited edition game.
"Where the yummy things are, there I shall be!" - Charmy Papittoson
"It would be wise for you to stop talking nonsense." - Mitsuki
Feb 7, 2018 8:30 AM

May 2017
Konoha is weak af now, wtf happened to their Jonins and anbus lol the gang even have camps inside Konoha what a fucking joke
Feb 7, 2018 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
It's good to see Temari in action. Ryogi just intentionally parted ways with Boruto and Shikadai with his ice justsu. Shikadai is going to learn the truth about him next episode.
Feb 7, 2018 10:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The hunt for the thieves sure turned into a large deal though. The cost of running off and ignoring their orders was thankfully only Metal's injuries this time. Still looks like the gang sure is gaining a lot of support from the people though. Its no wonder Boruto is conflicted. Looks like Shikadai's friend is trying to justify the thieves actions. To think that it was Temari that was to encounter the gang though. Im curious to see what their next stage is now that they have supporters within the village.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2018 12:59 PM
Sep 2012
So is Temari the Team Leader of Sumire's team?
Feb 7, 2018 1:42 PM

Jan 2012
blfan said:
So is Temari the Team Leader of Sumire's team?

No, she was just one of the "chuunins and above ranks" that got deployed in case the thieves were around.
-
A main theme I've been seeing in this anime is Konoha and other villages being so used to the time of peace that they're not used to fighting as if their life depended on it. A couple episodes back, we saw Naruto training some ninja and constantly telling them they need to work harder if they want to protect the village. Ninja who have been in the war (for example Shino, Konohamaru, Temari) are strong yet seem to hold back their power when in combat. The idea that a fifth great ninja war could happen doesn't come across their minds so the new generation of kids don't know how tough being a ninja is. It's an interesting theme that I'm excited to see play out tbh.

One thing that has been on my mind for a while now, and has been annoying me to no end, is.........don't they have phones?! Konoha seems to have all the latest tech from handheld consoles to artificial chakra, yet they don't seem to have a fast point of contact? Really? So many scenes where we see the kids running around looking for each other, or desperately needing to tell someone something important... just use a phone jesus christ lol
Club Aerosol
Feb 7, 2018 2:12 PM

May 2015
I was worried for the girls thank God Temari came on time... however a superb ninja like her should have stop/apprehend the kid.
Feb 7, 2018 2:16 PM

Feb 2012
I'm not really feeling this arc either that much.

Hopefully it wraps up pretty quickly.
Feb 7, 2018 3:33 PM

Mar 2016
Temari still got it y’all ...
I think Shinkadai can sense it Ryogi!

Nice episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2018 8:08 PM

Nov 2016
It was an alright episode this week. What made it better was when we see a glimpse of the Goth girl and Kakashi copy.

Anyway, it was great to see Temari handling the situation, though she failed to capture the thief.

Shikadai without a doubt knows who the masked man was.

minaeshi said:

A main theme I've been seeing in this anime is Konoha and other villages being so used to the time of peace that they're not used to fighting as if their life depended on it. A couple episodes back, we saw Naruto training some ninja and constantly telling them they need to work harder if they want to protect the village. Ninja who have been in the war (for example Shino, Konohamaru, Temari) are strong yet seem to hold back their power when in combat. The idea that a fifth great ninja war could happen doesn't come across their minds so the new generation of kids don't know how tough being a ninja is. It's an interesting theme that I'm excited to see play out tbh.

Yeah I think so too, also excited how it will turn out.

Anyway, 5/5.
Feb 7, 2018 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
Ryougi is quite a capable young shinobi that already has a bloodline jutsu ice element and not only that, seems like he could someone possess a civilian and use them as an advantage on escaping tactics!
4/5.

Feb 8, 2018 4:55 AM
Dec 2017
We definitely had better episodes but the story getting deeper now. This is a good arc.
Feb 8, 2018 10:04 AM

Oct 2015
I was expecting this to be just a really short arc, but apparently we are getting some more episodes at least. For me, these are rather big character developments from Boruto, Shikadai, and maybe even some other people too. "Noble thief" seems like a tough topic, and this will surely benefit their development, if the arc is done right.

I liked the foreshadowing from that "ninjutsu-scientist". We all know what he was talking about, and what's going to happen because of the movie.

Feb 9, 2018 10:45 AM

Jul 2009
This arc is taking a bit too much...best thing here was to see Temari on action.
Feb 9, 2018 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
I liked how Temari asked Boruto and Shikadai for support. Boruto was super ready obviously.
Feb 9, 2018 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
These genin need to be learn less arrogant.

Nice to see a bit of Temari action.
Feb 10, 2018 1:38 AM
Sep 2011
thebrentinator24 said:
It probably wasn't a smart idea for Ryogi to use an ice technique to part ways with Boruto and Shikadai. It seems like he was intentionally dropping an obvious hint there.

I agree, it did seem intentional.
I wish the dialog was better. I I understand kids are going to watch it but it's ACTUAL audience is Naruto fans. who are mostly adults/young adults now.
I liked that Naruto to had more complicated plots and dialog. it was no death note but it wasn't this wanna be crap.

I know they are trying but I think they need to reevaluate what their goals are and their audience.

lol Temari is stronger than them and fought in the way and yet they made her look like a fool chunin. She was better in the Chunin exams than she was in this episode.

i like that their arrogance is being addressed but I don't think they are going far enough.

The past generation wanted to protect and that is where they found their strength against enemies that they were weaker/less experienced than.

I do wish they would acknowledge the gap in capabilities instead of brushing it off. Naruto was always optimistic but he wasn't necessarily irrational about it (Except Sasuke but he ended up being right so it worked out).

For example, picture the current team 7 and compare them to the past team 7. Even if they might not exactly been as advanced they were more capable to handle their missions and work together to succeed.
Silver_VixenFeb 10, 2018 1:47 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Feb 10, 2018 7:16 AM

Apr 2015
Temari coming in with her sythe wind jutsu was pretty cool. Kinda reminded me of Madara vs her lol.
Feb 27, 2018 9:25 AM
Oct 2007
At first, I thought this arc was fillers but a quick search shows that it's not..
Mar 26, 2018 9:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This time the "thief" scaped, but the problem it will be the next step :/
Aug 9, 2018 9:24 AM

May 2010
This arc is actually kinda fun to watch, Shikadai’s interactions with Ryogi are interesting, they have such a nice bromance :3
Aug 17, 2019 11:44 PM

Mar 2014
I'm hoping from that one glance we got from Shikadai that he's figured/figuring out the truth about his friend

They make it so obvious to us as the audience now it's frustrating when the cast is still oblivious
Mar 19, 2023 12:08 AM
Jun 2020
I couldn't rate this lower than 1

More topics from this board

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.