Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2018 1:39 PM

Aug 2009
I recently watched a documentary about Jones town and the People's Temple cult. Apparently cults are a big issue in Japan and I remember there was a cult in Mob Psycho 100 and in Welcome to the NHK. I makes sense cause Japan is a more collectivist culture and stuff. Anyway what do you think about cults? Have you ever been in a cult or considered joining? Also what do you consider a cult?

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 1, 2018 1:49 PM

Aug 2015
A cult to me, is a group that has a common interest or goal with religious, spiritual or philosophical roots. Usually, it's hard to leave them.

Never been in a cult and I don't see why I'd want to join one. I'd like to believe that there are some harmless ones out there but honestly, all I've ever heard about cults are the usual bad shit. So I guess my opinion about them will reflect that.

They're bad?

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Feb 1, 2018 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
Damn those Thuggee's! Worshiping Kali and there human sacrifices! :<
Feb 1, 2018 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY THAT THESE THINGS HAPPEN!
Feb 1, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2016
I have my own cult, should answer your question on what i think about them.
Feb 1, 2018 2:00 PM

Jun 2011
i always wanted to lead a cult but i dont like lying to people and im not charismatic
Feb 1, 2018 2:11 PM
Aug 2016
I was never in a cult, and want things to stay the way they are now. I don't actually like cults. I've heard what cults are, and the things the people in there do, and I could sincerely say that it's not my thing, especially since some of them have to do with religion, and I'm agnostic, and prefer to ignore religious stuff as much as possible. That's my opinion on cults. Don't care about them as long as they don't bother me.
Feb 1, 2018 2:28 PM

Sep 2016
I hate them and I wish they could all burn especially the religious cults.
They are all seriously annoying with their opinionated preaching.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Feb 2, 2018 2:56 PM

Jan 2009
I feel indifferent about the vast Majority of them, however, I do support some Things the "deutsche Burschenschaften" (German Fraternities) have been fighting for since the Foundation of the Urburschenschaft more than 200 Years ago.
Feb 2, 2018 3:00 PM

Mar 2016
as a religious guy, I fucking detest them and hate them

they are the group which is probably the most dangerous in psychological aspect, even Oyasumi Punpun showed this(in a bad way) how dangerous it is to be trapped with these guys, worst they perform dangerous rituals that requires deaths or mass suicides.

while there are some harmless cults, I wouldn't call them cults,
Feb 2, 2018 3:08 PM

May 2016
We all need to make a cult and worship the egyptian pharaoh Unas, also known as the slayer of the gods.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Feb 2, 2018 3:14 PM

Dec 2016
They are dangerous to society and must be eradicated
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Feb 2, 2018 3:25 PM
Feb 2018
I don't see the difference between a cult and a religion.
Feb 2, 2018 3:55 PM

Feb 2017
I stomp chicken to death every day to honor our great Lord Yog-Sothoth.
Feb 2, 2018 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
To me, there are a lot of things that employ the same method as cults that people wouldn’t consider “cults” by default. I’d be willing to say that any violent groupthought at least somewhat is compatible with the idea of what a cult is. Cults basically brainwash. There are groups that do some level of “brainwashing” while still allowing their followers to technically espouse their crap ideologies that are not considered cults, but they do in a sense behave like a cult. When I was in my teens I was a big tumblrina among other things, and the sociopolitical cultures that I was associated with encouraged a very “cult” mindset built on conformity and likeness rather than individualism.

TL;DR shits fucked up, man, and I don’t want to ever be a part of cultlike behavior again.
Feb 3, 2018 1:10 PM

Jul 2017
cultists are annoying
so do most people around me who are religious
they always try to persuade me or does things based on their beliefs and force others to join them even people are
reluctant
and sometimes they get triggered by things that are against
their beliefs
Jan 17, 2021 10:39 PM

Jul 2016
cults scare me since idk if one day i could end up like that, i just hope i dont
Jan 18, 2021 3:42 AM

Sep 2020
i heard people enter cults due to a common belief or the leader offers them protection therefore members will enter.
Jan 18, 2021 5:06 AM

Oct 2015
The Cult of the Bloody Tongue, the Black Brotherhood, the Church of Starry Wisdom, the Brotherhood of the Beast and the Brotherhood of the Black Pharaoh all worship the best God :3
Jan 18, 2021 5:12 AM

Dec 2016
They are very interesting, and tell you a lot on how much charisma can influence people.
Jan 18, 2021 6:02 AM

May 2016
always forever is their best song and if u disagree u can't be trusted
Jan 18, 2021 6:20 AM

Jan 2019
DrSexy said:
They are very interesting, and tell you a lot on how much charisma can influence people.

What happened in those two years? Have you been replaced by a clone?
Jan 18, 2021 6:53 AM

Mar 2016
Sheklon said:
DrSexy said:

It was the Korean propaganda that I fed him, that made him this way.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 18, 2021 7:36 AM
Dec 2017
disaterous and very and i mean very very evil

Jan 18, 2021 11:31 AM

Sep 2017
As far as I know there were only 2 or 3 cults in my country's history, and thank god all of them got persecuted at their times
خ
Jan 18, 2021 3:52 PM

Dec 2016
Sheklon said:
DrSexy said:

I didn't say they were a good thing and that people should join them. How does acknowledging that cults show how much charisma can influence people contradict my previous statement?

I guess the korean propaganda really did change me and I didn't notice
Jan 18, 2021 4:12 PM

Jan 2019
caprisan said:

It was the Korean propaganda that I fed him, that made him this way.

I don't know what that means, but maybe it's better this way.

DrSexy said:

I didn't say they were a good thing and that people should join them. How does acknowledging that cults show how much charisma can influence people contradict my previous statement?

I guess the korean propaganda really did change me and I didn't notice

It's a matter of attitude, but fair point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » do godzilla or any other kaiju actually exist irl?

FruitPunchBaka - 9 hours ago

11 by LightWorker »»
15 minutes ago

» Have you ever experienced something scary, disturbing, or unsettling?

SaltyCookie - 10 hours ago

13 by LightWorker »»
34 minutes ago

» What are some of the most common Applicant Tracking Systems?

batistadave - 1 hour ago

0 by batistadave »»
1 hour ago

» Women live longer than men

MUFFlN - Yesterday

18 by elgatosaika »»
1 hour ago

» Why do Americans work

vasipi4946 - May 6

29 by traed »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.