Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2018 5:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, but the Lizzard start very bloody!!!
Jan 17, 2018 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it, I knew I had a reason to worry when I saw the trailers.
Fucking lizard people taking valuable screen time away from the main cast.
If this anime got 24 instead of 13 episodes maybe I wouldn't complain, but the lizard people have already gotten significantly more screen time than everyone else. And from the OP and ED, it appears that they'll be reoccurring characters, finna end me.
Sure this arc is in the novels and all, but out of all the things they could have decided to cut out or shorten in the anime, they decide to leave this slop in. Literally, anime studios always cut shit out of the anime that makes no sense to do so, but the one time it'd make sense to do so, they dedicate an entire episode and probably an entire season for it. Blarg.
Jan 17, 2018 5:31 AM

Aug 2017
the episode was ok i guess.

So is the war between lizards and the nazarick?

also no ost yet....
Xander_CageJan 17, 2018 5:35 AM
Jan 17, 2018 5:35 AM

Sep 2015
FackuIkari said:
So basically I'm the only one that has no problem with the lizards story... alright then...

Nah I didn't mind it either. I came here and am surprised at how many people are whining about this. This set up reminds me of the anime GATE which is heavily rooted in politics and tactics with action sprinkled in (which I enjoyed). I found it interesting that the group about to be wiped at is strategizing to prevent their demise and there was a good bit of comedy sprinkled in too. I was not a LN reader but don't mind the direction this is taking.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jan 17, 2018 6:02 AM

Jun 2012
So that was the new sound of Myth and Roid, not bad.
Jan 17, 2018 6:55 AM

Jun 2016
that was fuckin weird. so far this season doesnt come close to the last one imo
Scream!
Jan 17, 2018 6:58 AM

Sep 2017
I don't care much about the lizards but the episode was ok. It was fairly enjoyable, the interactions between the guy and girl lizard were funny.
Jan 17, 2018 6:59 AM

Oct 2010
so it's basically the season where author wanted to vilify the main character?
Jan 17, 2018 7:00 AM
Dec 2016
Let's be honest so far overlord II is appalling
Jan 17, 2018 7:01 AM

Aug 2015
I actually enjoy this storyline more than the main one, but having seem Ainz's side does have a great effect of raising the tension and making you doubt they're survival, or rather, it makes you question if there's even a chance. There's this shadow of futility in their every action and damn does it build so much suspense for me. I wanna root for them but their struggle feels pretty damn futile
Jan 17, 2018 7:20 AM

Mar 2010
Jokuc said:
Swagernator said:
shitton of unimportant information about some secondary lizardmen
CG said:
Gee, I'm not interested in lizard mating rituals. Was it really necessary to spend that much time on it?
Akaome_Nanashi said:
who cares about lizards and lizards
Trebolz said:
Is this overlord, or overlizard? Like wtf?
KorudoKun said:
Now, this isn't what I bargained for. I'd like to see more of Ains
RegulusNeil said:
come on Ainz didnt appear this episode they should at least make the lizard intro a bit short
MrFalkers said:
Felt like this was 1 episode wasted on lizards that no one cares about
LF2005 said:
to summarise, it was another boring episode, so disappointing, the main plot is stuck in place & we see a side story that soon wont matter
hiraishinx said:
now it´s about some boring and not important lizards ??
Comander-07 said:
Felt almost like some sort of filler, or cashgrab OVA material. No Albedo, No Ainz, no goth loli, atleast one of the pleiades grills was around. For 10 seconds. Pls somebody tell me it will get better than this?

Well that's lots of people going into this anime having no idea what it's gonna be like.

I'm sorry to disappoint but this is not a filler, it's an actual arc in the light novel, so expect more lizard episodes. Everything isn't about Ainz, the arcs in Overlord is about different people in the world and how Ainz affect them, so for this arc, the lizardmen ARE the MCs. There will be more cool stuff, but that's after the lizards. So second half of this season unless they speed things up.

I liked this episode. Lizards are cool.

the fact that something is in the LN/VN or manga doesn't make it not a filler. filler is any episode that doesn't progress the main plot.
LF2005Jan 17, 2018 7:28 AM
Jan 17, 2018 7:24 AM
Dec 2015
I know this episode is important and all but I'm still going to say filler because this is not what I came for Overlord
Jan 17, 2018 7:48 AM
May 2014
I don't want what I am going to say know to seem mean spirited or pretentious, but I think it needs to be said.

If you are already annoyed/disappointed/offended by these 2 episodes, then I am sorry to say that this whole series is probably not for you.

Jan 17, 2018 7:52 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't expect this series to be about horny lizardpeople and food shortages. The whole business with vampire loli was pretty dull already but this makes me think I overestimated this title very much.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 17, 2018 7:52 AM
Nov 2016
This is Overlord??? Or LIZARDLORD???? Wtf
Jan 17, 2018 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
Not Ains this episode but I still enjoyed it a lot. I'm super into the lizard plotline and that lizard flirting was amazing xD
Jan 17, 2018 9:25 AM

Apr 2008
LF2005 said:
Jokuc said:

Well that's lots of people going into this anime having no idea what it's gonna be like.

I'm sorry to disappoint but this is not a filler, it's an actual arc in the light novel, so expect more lizard episodes. Everything isn't about Ainz, the arcs in Overlord is about different people in the world and how Ainz affect them, so for this arc, the lizardmen ARE the MCs. There will be more cool stuff, but that's after the lizards. So second half of this season unless they speed things up.

I liked this episode. Lizards are cool.

the fact that something is in the LN/VN or manga doesn't make it not a filler. filler is any episode that doesn't progress the main plot.

So in your eyes all world building is filler then. That's just plain sad
Jan 17, 2018 9:27 AM

Mar 2013
Never thought I'd find lizard-fanservice so pleasing. This was a lot of fun xDDD
Geez the amount of people that are bothered by it and so intensely impatient - this is the second episode - overlord 1 really wasn't that interesting in episode 2 yet as well lol

I think it was fun - I'm curious to see how these lizard tribes will come into contact with ainz and co. soon
Something something something
Jan 17, 2018 9:49 AM

Mar 2010
Darklight0303 said:

the word building was already made in 1st season, this plot will only be just another badge in Ainz Ooal Gown chest. they should gave it a max of 15m. they receive a threat>they decide to make an alliance>they get crushed and converted to undeaths & them we find out the answer to Albedo's question.
Jan 17, 2018 10:09 AM

Mar 2011
LF2005 said:
Darklight0303 said:

the word building was already made in 1st season, this plot will only be just another badge in Ainz Ooal Gown chest. they should gave it a max of 15m. they receive a threat>they decide to make an alliance>they get crushed and converted to undeaths & them we find out the answer to Albedo's question.

No, the world building are the other nations, politics, races, wars, characters and so on. It's their lives, struggles and goals being exposed as well as how they react to the rise of a powerfull villain threatening their existence. You know, like a proper fantasy show should be. If you only want to see Ainz's waifus and Ainz himself reckting everybody without any context, then there's plenty of isekai that follows such formula already. Funny thing is that those shows are always criticized for being the same harem bs and otaku pandering and now Overlord goes a different route and people still bitch about it...lol. Why won't you guys just admit your only interest in anime are sexy waifus and moe? It's sad!
Jan 17, 2018 10:38 AM

Mar 2010
Demonneo said:

No, the world building are the other nations, politics, races, wars, characters and so on. It's their lives, struggles and goals being exposed as well as how they react to the rise of a powerfull villain threatening their existence. You know, like a proper fantasy show should be. If you only want to see Ainz's waifus and Ainz himself reckting everybody without any context, then there's plenty of isekai that follows such formula already. Funny thing is that those shows are always criticized for being the same harem bs and otaku pandering and now Overlord goes a different route and people still bitch about it...lol. Why won't you guys just admit your only interest in anime are sexy waifus and moe? It's sad!

the plot was already set in S1, it was him finding his friends if they are also traped, make a name for himself and conquering the world while at it.
anything that doesn't advances those goals is a filller, for example in naruto we see him tryning his Rasengan for about 9 whole episodes (thats a filler), and this is not much different.
what it has to do with Albedo, not much, only expect to get the answare to a question that was throwed
Jan 17, 2018 10:48 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
LF2005 said:
Demonneo said:

the plot was already set in S1, it was him finding his friends if they are also traped, make a name for himself and conquering the world while at it.
anything that doesn't advances those goals is a filller, for example in naruto we see him tryning his Rasengan for about 9 whole episodes (thats a filler), and this is not much different.
what it has to do with Albedo, not much, only expect to get the answare to a question that was throwed

No, Ainz's goal is not just to find other human characters or allies. He is extremely curious and wants to explore the world. The world has to be interesting and detailed for that to not be boring. Showcasing different kingdom politics and culture, especially of non-human races, is extremely important to the story.

In most of the arcs featuring Ainz, he does not progress at all in the main "plot" you are describing. He is no closer to find comrades or other players in any of the arcs so far. They are no different than this arc since the goal here is to secure a source of stable undead army with high stats, which is part of the "conquering the world". Ainz can't just solo the conquest. He needs to build up infrastructure and gain political foothold with his cause (whether manufactured or real), etc.

You are merely presented with the POV from the opposing side, which is a common thing to do in literature I'd like more anime and Japanese LN series to use.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 17, 2018 10:54 AM

Jan 2016
lol, it's a lizardmen episode. Don't really care but hopefully it's a build up for something better.
Jan 17, 2018 11:29 AM
Nov 2017
I rated Overlord II a 10 but I downgrade to 9 cuz this episode was boring, simple as that, two lizard people talking for the whole episode wtf ._.
Jan 17, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 2008
LF2005 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I find your lack of understanding so so disturbing
Jan 17, 2018 11:46 AM

Oct 2008
Reptiles were okay in Suikoden III, and they're kind of cute here.
Jan 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Dec 2016
Filler episode 2 ?
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jan 17, 2018 12:32 PM

Jun 2011
meh, boring episode
Jan 17, 2018 12:49 PM

Nov 2014
What a relief other people found this at best mediocre. Still rated above an 5 LOL.

With all these Lizardmen I would loved to have seen a doorway to the Restaurant of another world appear and save it from being a complete waste of any episode.
Jan 17, 2018 1:51 PM

Jul 2015
Crusch Lulu is adorable and I can understand the lizard dude's reaction completely. Human or not I'd ask to marry her too. HOWEVER I NEED MORE OF MY LORD. This is a mighty need that is not being fulfilled.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 17, 2018 2:51 PM
Jan 2013
tommy9418 said:

A fellow Overlord appreciator! Indeed they will either adore the supreme-being or be a heretic!

those heretics will surely pay the price
Jan 17, 2018 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
I got what I expected, lots of lizardmen tribes, lets see how it will end. :)

The comments in here are hilarious, do people seriously hate world building? Because thats what I have seen until now, extreme hate aggainst world building, they just want more of the big breasted, the loli, or the MC rushing everything, its like asking for one punchman to punch the enemies on the first minute of every the episode

Seriously if you dont want complicated stories, go watch hentai.

Overrall decent episode, my only complains are the low budget art and that they made this into an anime. (Why is this a bad thing? because it brings the infestation of mainstream weaboos)

Bet if the lizardmen where instead a big load of big breasted elves declaring their love to ains, 99% of the complaining people would shut up immediatly.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2018 3:58 PM

Oct 2014
BTW, all this world building about the Lizardmen would become a little bit relevant again for the content of LN volume 7 (would be covered in a potential anime season three) and very important again for the content of LN volume 11 (would be covered in a potential anime season four).
Jan 17, 2018 4:43 PM

Feb 2009
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Jan 17, 2018 5:28 PM

Nov 2016
Lizard flirtling was hilarious lol wasnt the best episode but its ok to have these kinda episodes time to time. (world-building,side story ,filler episode,build up episode whatever you call them i dont really know)

-------------------------------------------------

Comments says this isn't just a one episode thing its entire arc so thats sounds little scary. Like i said im ok with these kinda episodes time to time but entire arc is no , its only 13 episode already when is the 8.36(rating) stuff when is the episodes that deserves our hype.
Jan 17, 2018 5:32 PM

Apr 2008
EvilDuckling said:
Lizard flirtling was hilarious lol wasnt the best episode but its ok to have these kinda episodes time to time. (world-building,side story ,filler episode,build up episode whatever you call them i dont really know)

-------------------------------------------------

Comments says this isn't just a one episode thing its entire arc so thats sounds little scary. Like i said im ok with these kinda episodes time to time but entire arc is no , its only 13 episode already when is the 8.36(rating) stuff when is the episodes that deserves our hype.

The build up should be over next episode and then the battle.
Jan 17, 2018 5:45 PM
May 2016
Holy hell that sucked.
If this were an anime about Lizard people then yeah, awesome history lesson with good character building.
But, its not.
All this back story in an anime such as this is pointless because the lizards will lose and our hero MC will save the day.
Far too much focus on a backstory that will later mean nothing. Wasted time.
Jan 17, 2018 5:48 PM

Apr 2008
NathanusMaximus said:
Holy hell that sucked.
If this were an anime about Lizard people then yeah, awesome history lesson with good character building.
But, its not.
All this back story in an anime such as this is pointless because the lizards will lose and our hero MC will save the day.

Our hero is the one attacking them or did you not get it yet?
Jan 17, 2018 5:51 PM
May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
NathanusMaximus said:
Holy hell that sucked.
But, its not.

I did not. I knew he was somewhat cold, didnt think he was that kinda evil.
I assumed it was the black and white hair chick from first episode.
Jan 17, 2018 5:53 PM

Apr 2008
NathanusMaximus said:
Darklight0303 said:

Last season ended with Ainz saying he needs better materials for undead. At that time Albedo brought up that demiurge found a village of LIZARDMEN. Start of this season Ainz talks to Albedo about preparations being complete. Plus Ainz has been called the Great one before and that giant blobby thing looked VERY necromantic
Jan 17, 2018 5:57 PM
May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

Last season ended with Ainz saying he needs better materials for undead. At that time Albedo brought up that demiurge found a village of LIZARDMEN. Start of this season Ainz talks to Albedo about preparations being complete. Plus Ainz has been called the Great one before and that giant blobby thing looked VERY necromantic

I watched the last season too long ago to remember a discussion about lizardmen.
That kinda killed this anime for me though. Starting to feel like hes becoming the main villain and ultimate evil in that world. Not personally interested in watching a villain origin story.
Jan 17, 2018 6:00 PM

Apr 2008
NathanusMaximus said:
Darklight0303 said:

I watched the last season too long ago to remember a discussion about lizardmen.
That kinda killed this anime for me though. Starting to feel like hes becoming the main villain and ultimate evil in that world. Not personally interested in watching a villain origin story.

At the end of the day his priority has always been Nazarick above all else. This has not changed. He is not out to be loved by everyone in the world. He wants to learn about it and find out if there are others like him brought to this world. For that he needs power and knowledge. Both arcane and military.

Ainz was never truly a hero. he never claimed to be a hero. Momon is just an act created to learn thing from a more down to earth perspective of an adventurer. That and to spread the fame of his legendary deeds. nothing more.
Jan 17, 2018 6:07 PM
May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

At the end of the day his priority has always been Nazarick above all else. This has not changed. He is not out to be loved by everyone in the world. He wants to learn about it and find out if there are others like him brought to this world. For that he needs power and knowledge. Both arcane and military.

Ainz was never truly a hero. he never claimed to be a hero. Momon is just an act created to learn thing from a more down to earth perspective of an adventurer. That and to spread the fame of his legendary deeds. nothing more.

Yeah season 1 didnt give me that impression at all. Just Googled spoilers and yeah Im just gonna stop watching now. Dissappointing.
Jan 17, 2018 6:19 PM

Apr 2008
NathanusMaximus said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah season 1 didnt give me that impression at all. Just Googled spoilers and yeah Im just gonna stop watching now. Dissappointing.

I can respect that. Personally I find the approach to the genre refreshing.
Jan 17, 2018 6:31 PM

Aug 2013
NathanusMaximus said:

He is a skeleton leading a huge dungeon/guild of monsters/demons/undead.
There was plenty of times on season 1 that showed that ains did not care about the humans, only the benefits of intel and other things they could provide to him.

Too bad that you are dissappointed, but not everyone in anime has to be a hero.
(Actualy calling him a god rather than a hero would be better considering how he toys with everything like gods do)

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2018 6:56 PM

Jul 2017
Comander-07 said:

people are bitching around because this is the worst arc of Overlord, it has been in the LN, it has been in the manga, it will be in the anime. But the anime has the freedom to skip stuff or just adjust the pacing. The lizards are super unimportant, this anime is not about lizards, its about ainz. So the whole lizardman arc is barely a sidestory. And dont come with "slow story progression" they will all die anyway and never return after that because they are side characters. Go watch one of the other billion anime if you want fucking lizards doing generic stuff

ah you think people bitching around because this is worst arc? read again all comment before me
what i means slow story progression is anime adapt story full course from LN when just use one episode for introduction for whole story and you think they will all die plus their appearance is useless? of course i dont want spoiler

funny thing what you said is "Go watch one of the other billion anime if you want fucking lizards doing generic stuff"
say where i comment and rant "I like lizard fucking each other and dont care about story"
next arc become overbutler and his maid , of course with "where ainz goddamit"

Jan 17, 2018 7:09 PM

Apr 2016
So much sexual tension between those 2 lizardmen!! OMFG! SO MUCH. HAHAHA
Jan 17, 2018 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
My man Zaryusu fell quick. I should've taken lessons from him.

Korakora59 said:
so it's basically the season where author wanted to vilify the main character?

Oh no. This, my friend, is just the start.... or rather, the middle. The first season already showed Ainz isn't a saint. This is simply where he loses all the subtlety.
Jan 17, 2018 9:21 PM

Oct 2016
I do not know but that albino lizard has become my seasonal waifu
Jan 17, 2018 9:33 PM
Apr 2016
Darklight0303 said:
NathanusMaximus said:

I can respect that. Personally I find the approach to the genre refreshing.

I agree this approach is really refreshing. Tired all these Naruto/shounen tropes
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

288 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.