Forum Settings
Forums

What shamed anime will you defend (and why)?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 14, 2018 11:20 AM

Mar 2017
SAO was actually pretty enjoyable.
Jan 14, 2018 11:59 AM

Oct 2017
youthful said:
Seem like when it comes to knb the rule "it's an anime it's not suppose to be real" doesn't matter. I don't understand people's logic in this matter. It's a real shame for being put down to the other sports anime, especially a classic like Slam Dunk. Why aren't they appreciated as stand-alones? It receives more hate than it should.

Well, as one of the KnB hating people you mentioned, objectively, I feel it's just your average run off the mill shounen, not particularly good, bud not that bad either. However, the hate for it arises from the fact that it has a very vocal demographic of fans who actually say it is better than Slam Dunk, thanks to the better animation and, in their view, better art (Seriously, KnB having better art than Slam Dunk?). Thanks to this, it is probably the only series I don't even try to be fairly objective about.
Just check my manga list if you want the anime scores... I'd mostly rate them the same unless there's any significant change to the plot.
Jan 14, 2018 12:11 PM
Aug 2016
As much I rated Naruto/Naruto Shippuden a 3, I'd probably still protect Naruto despite its shitty ending
Jan 14, 2018 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
Sword Art Online because I actually enjoyed most of it.
New Life
Jan 14, 2018 12:22 PM

Jul 2017
The Rapeman, that shit was funny. Also, most shorts have lower ratings but I love many of them.
Jan 14, 2018 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
kisb said:

lol he is sexually attracted to her. you cannot defend him. he wants to sleep with a little girl and it shows. he doesnt need to say it.

But he doesn't do it when he easily could so YES, I will defend him. o___O It means the character has morals.

And being sexually attracted to someone doesn't always mean you want to have sex with them. That's why asexuals are able to experience romance.

You say he "wants to sleep with her"; what makes you think this? Because he blushes around her? You can crush on someone without thinking about how much you want to sleep with them. I blushed around people I liked when I was his age; but I never thought about sex because I was too young to even think about people in dirty ways like that.

lol you can like the crappy anime but lets not distort the facts. he wants to sleep with her its so damn evident. yes being sexually attracted to someone means you want to sleep with them. asexuals dont have reactions to the erotic
talking about crushes like we are children here. he clearly looked intensely when she did erotic poses, he asked her to do some weird shit
whether its okay or not is a different story but lets not try to change what was clearly evident in the first few episodes that i watched.
Jan 14, 2018 2:54 PM

Nov 2008
kisb said:

lets not distort the facts. he wants to sleep with her its so damn evident.

The only thing "evident" here is you insisting that it HAS TO BE ABOUT SEX, you damn pervert. :/

Goddammit I hate MAL. So full of fanboy perverts who when they don't have their heads up their own asses, only think with their dicks. Grow up.

being sexually attracted to someone means you want to sleep with them.

I just explained how it doesn't through my own experiences.

Wanting to kiss someone or hug them, would still fall under 'sexual attraction'.

talking about crushes like we are children here.

The characters in question ARE BOTH CHILDREN and they both have childish crushes on one another.

he asked her to do some weird shit

For his NOVEL, you dumbass.

lets not try to change what was clearly evident in the first few episodes that i watched.

I watched the whole f*cking show and the subject of "sex with Sagiri" NEVER pops up.
ChiibiJan 14, 2018 3:02 PM

Jan 14, 2018 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Watamote

I don't think it's hated by a majority of the anime community, but there is a very vocal group who'll jump to call it "A cringe fest piece of shit" or "A sorry excuse for a comedy anime." or my personal favorite "My life is sad enough as is, I have no desire to watch someone else's crappy life. Watamote isn't an anime that should've been made in the first place."

I will say I think the manga is MUCH better. Like a WHOLE LOT better. The anime wasn't hardly one of my favorites, hell i gave it a 7/10 which to me means that while it was fun to watch, it wasn't really special in any way.

But it's really not as terrible as many make it out to be. For one, the animation is nice and the op is one of my favorites. Tomoko is adorable in animated form, less likable and harder to watch than her manga counterpart, but cute.

It's funny, but not the funniest thing ever. I'll admit I felt bad for Tomoko, but while a comedy anime I think maybe that was still the point. I don't think you were not supposed to feel for her.

Watamote the manga is different in that is has character development and Tomoko learns from her mistakes. Tomoko eventually makes some friends (there's this one girl who even develops a crush on her) and overall I feel it's funnier and more realistic.

That all said, Watamote the anime isn't just a cringy pile of trash. At least in my opinion. It was a fine comedy anime that was sadly not quite as good as the manga it was adapted from.
Jan 14, 2018 3:16 PM
Jun 2016
fairy tail because it was one of my first anime and it holds a special place in my heart. i don't care if it's popular to hate on it; i'll always defend it
Jan 14, 2018 3:23 PM

Oct 2016
I haven't watched that much anime to have an anime that others shit on and I feel the need to protect..
Jan 14, 2018 3:29 PM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
kisb said:

lets not distort the facts. he wants to sleep with her its so damn evident.

The only thing "evident" here is you insisting that it HAS TO BE ABOUT SEX, you damn pervert. :/

Goddammit I hate MAL. So full of fanboy perverts who when they don't have their heads up their own asses, only think with their dicks. Grow up.

being sexually attracted to someone means you want to sleep with them.

I just explained how it doesn't through my own experiences.

Wanting to kiss someone or hug them, would still fall under 'sexual attraction'.

talking about crushes like we are children here.

The characters in question ARE BOTH CHILDREN and they both have childish crushes on one another.

he asked her to do some weird shit

For his NOVEL, you dumbass.

lets not try to change what was clearly evident in the first few episodes that i watched.

I watched the whole f*cking show and the subject of "sex with Sagiri" NEVER pops up.

no need for vulgar language you fully grown man
like you said they are both children so there is nothing wrong with it
so lets just talk what is clear and evident.

being sexually attracted to someone does not mean you ask them for sex
i dont know if you live in a cave but welcome to the real world
you dont just go asking every hot girl with a great rack to sleep with her
but what we are talking about here is that he wants to

dont just argue for the sake of arguing. this is a fact that is actually part of the narrative of the story.
Eromanga sensei is considered romance because he likes his sister but with the addition of many many erotic poses and scenes to solidify it as a sexual attraction
his reactions, his actions

only someone who was not paying attention to the show would miss that.
living in denial isnt a good thing
Jan 14, 2018 3:33 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
youthful said:
Oh. To add Kuroko no Basket and Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul in the list.

Seem like when it comes to knb the rule "it's an anime it's not suppose to be real" doesn't matter. I don't understand people's logic in this matter. It's a real shame for being put down to the other sports anime, especially a classic like Slam Dunk. Why aren't they appreciated as stand-alones? It receives more hate than it should.

As for Virgin Soul, I'm glad that anime actually happened. Thanks to a new additional characters in the main cast, because I was't fan of the old, and a decent dose of maturity in the air within entire cast, I could enjoy this sequel plenty of more; unlike the prequel that I barely completed with all merits to Azazel which was the only character I found fun throughout. Genesis was worth finishing just for him; at least for me.

Even though I never seen slam dunk, I'm also sick and tired of people comparing knb to slam dunk and calling knb a ripoff of slam dunk. Yes, they're both about basketball, but why constantly compsre them?
Jan 14, 2018 3:35 PM

Nov 2008
kisb said:

I'M NOT A MAN; I'M A WOMAN DAMMIT.

HOW do you know he wants to?
Can you see inside his head?

HOW do you know he wants to have sex with her instead of just KISS her?

Eromanga sensei is considered romance because he likes his sister but with the addition of many many erotic poses and scenes to solidify it as a sexual attraction

Kissing still falls under sexual attraction. You have no argument to rebuke this, do you?

this is a fact that is actually part of the narrative of the story.

It is not. He doesn't TURN to the viewer and say "I want to f*ck Sagiri".

Jan 14, 2018 3:42 PM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
kisb said:

I'M NOT A MAN; I'M A WOMAN DAMMIT.

HOW do you know he wants to?
Can you see inside his head?

HOW do you know he wants to have sex with her instead of just KISS her?

Kissing still falls under sexual attraction. You have no argument to rebuke this, do you?

this is a fact that is actually part of the narrative of the story.

It is not. He doesn't TURN to the viewer and say "I want to f*ck Sagiri".

Like i keep saying
he doesnt need to say it
ffs. if i stare at a womans ass with a stupid grin on my face then i am sexually attracted to her
how do you not understand something so simple

if i stare at her ass do i want to kiss her? well... (only grown ups know the answer)

how do i know that he is attracted to her sexually
like i said. his actions and reactions. you dont need to be a genius or a mind reader
Jan 14, 2018 4:14 PM

Nov 2008
kisb said:

if i stare at her ass do i want to kiss her? well... (only grown ups know the answer)

I'm pretty sure you do.

if i stare at a womans ass with a stupid grin on my face then i am sexually attracted to her

I stare at guys' asses all the time in anime. I'm not thinking "Man, I want to sleep with that"; I'm only thinking "That's a nice ass." :D

like i said. his actions and reactions. you dont need to be a genius or a mind reader

And sexual attraction doesn't necessarily mean "WANT SEXUAL INTERCOURSE"

You don't need to be a genius to understand that....but somehow this seems to be way beyond your comprehension.

Educate yourself on what I'm trying to express to you here:
http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/69810-what-is-sexual-attraction/

Jan 14, 2018 4:37 PM

Jul 2015
Akame Ga Kill I see a lot of people hate or generally dislike this show, but thought it was actually fairly good and enjoyable.. I guess why I actually didn't mind the ending, and liked majority of the characters, and liked how neither side were complelty good or bad
Jan 14, 2018 4:43 PM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
kisb said:

I'm pretty sure you do.

if i stare at a womans ass with a stupid grin on my face then i am sexually attracted to her

I stare at guys' asses all the time in anime. I'm not thinking "Man, I want to sleep with that"; I'm only thinking "That's a nice ass." :D

And sexual attraction doesn't necessarily mean "WANT SEXUAL INTERCOURSE"

You don't need to be a genius to understand that....but somehow this seems to be way beyond your comprehension.

Educate yourself on what I'm trying to express to you here:
http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/69810-what-is-sexual-attraction/

I guess you are right.
during the anime they showed him imagining his sister in erotic positions but i guess its not something someone who has experience and interest in sex can explain to someone who has no interest in it
judging by your referral to asexual definitions and understanding, it is beyond your comprehension

let me put it this way. the protagonist is a heterosexual guy and i am one as well and most importantly so is the writer
believe what you want to believe. the world is full of magic and wonder and maybe a character was made in your image instead of generic understandable and relatable one
Jan 14, 2018 4:48 PM

Sep 2014
If I have a guilty pleasure to defend, It'll be Monster Musume No Iru Nichijou.
Indeed, It's a lecherous, silly show but I just love it.
-Finally, a show where monsters (not kemonomimi craps) are main characters and not XP bags.
-All characters are likeable as hell. Usually, there's always one who makes me cringe.
-I just want to know more about the monsters. How is their dailylife, their history, theirs traditions, ect...
BalongJan 14, 2018 4:54 PM
Jan 14, 2018 5:16 PM

Nov 2008
kisb said:

judging by your referral to asexual definitions and understanding, it is beyond your comprehension

NOW you are just copying what I'm saying. Why can't you at least be original? :/

let me put it this way. the protagonist is a heterosexual guy

And a CHILD. 15 is a child. From the way you express yourself, I'm assuming you are an adult (although not one who can type very well). Adults and children DO think differently. I'm sure adults think about sex way more than a 15-year-old VIRGIN would.

Jan 14, 2018 5:31 PM

Nov 2016
Chiibi said:
kisb said:

NOW you are just copying what I'm saying. Why can't you at least be original? :/

let me put it this way. the protagonist is a heterosexual guy

And a CHILD. 15 is a child. From the way you express yourself, I'm assuming you are an adult (although not one who can type very well). Adults and children DO think differently. I'm sure adults think about sex way more than a 15-year-old VIRGIN would.

being original is irrelevant when delivering a message

like i said you are free to believe whatever you want to believe
but as a guy i can tell you the sexual tension was clear. he definitely thought some erotic things about her and i think that is what the writer intended.
if you ask most guys they would agree and most of the time stories like that are written in ways that majority of guys can easily understand

but you know... believe whatever you want to believe
good day
Jan 14, 2018 6:03 PM

Nov 2008
kisb said:

but as a guy i can tell you the sexual tension was clear.

I'm not denying the sexual tension...I just don't think it's supposed to be as dirty as you're making it sound, is all.

Jan 14, 2018 6:05 PM
Oct 2017
I would defend Gurren Lagann because no its not a childish anime sure many people would call it trash or a sad geto robo knock off but not many animes can make me cry and I've watched angel beats and clannad yet Gurren Lagann made me cry in the beginning, middle and end of the series.
Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible.
Jan 14, 2018 6:21 PM

Nov 2016
Eromanga sensei is definitely a dirty and disgusting show
its not the worst but its not innocent

silent last words

To truly defend something, one must first accept and embrace its faults
~Prophet Kisb

Jan 14, 2018 6:28 PM

Nov 2008
kisb said:
Eromanga sensei is definitely a dirty and disgusting show
its not the worst but its not innocent

Really? I thought it was PRETTY tame....but I've also watched Kodomo No Jikan so.....XD

Jan 14, 2018 6:52 PM
Dec 2014
Naruto.

"Oh but Feniks you are a man of wealth and taste! Naruto is for uncultured swine!"

Well I can't help it. Oink oink.
Jan 14, 2018 6:59 PM

Nov 2017
dagashi kashi. it got a second season for a reason you twats
𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍

romance, slice of life, shounen

currently listening to:
Jan 14, 2018 7:02 PM

May 2012
school days. People who are retarded hate on the show without a good reason.

FMA 03. Easily better than Brotherhood. Brotherhood is cookie cutter shounen, not even better than yu yu hakusho.

Devilman Crybaby. Devilman is a shit manga and franchise. This anime is the only good thing about it.
Jan 14, 2018 7:34 PM

Jan 2014
The amount of people who shit talk Occultic;Nine makes me genuinely upset. I believe it's an under-rated/overlooked anime just because the first episode put some people off with one of the main heroines having relatively large breasts, the fast-paced talking or how confusing the first episode was.

Other shows I'll defend would be Doukyuusei, a genuinely fantastic romance movie about two guys in high-school and Shiki, a slow paced, yet highly gripping and intense vampire drama.
Jan 14, 2018 7:52 PM
Jan 2017
gotta say oreimo. Kirino is best girl and the ending was fine too :/ i just find it histerical how pissed people got over it XD like, people got so bend outa shape when he chose his sister even tho the series is called "my little sister cant be this cute" XD i also quite enjoyed sao despite its obvious problems lol
Jan 14, 2018 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
Zelev said:
Most recently, I would probably say Devilman: Crybaby. The original hardcore fans of Devilman will say it's shit and that the art style is terrible. Tbh, I only watched it because Masaaki directed it, and I thought it had a lot of meaning behind it - especially the ending. It's definitely an allegory, and I think even the original source material ended that way. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Oh, I feel you, but I would never even start to defend any anime on my fav-list cause I know about my quite strange taste and I don´t care (anymore) if someone agrees on it or not. It´s not like I do understand taste of a lot of other people.
Jan 14, 2018 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai was scored poorly by lots of butthurt and ignorant people. The ignorant ones thought it was related to Nanatsu no Taizai, even though Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai came first back in 2012. It took 5 years to produce.

Netsuzou TRap is good because it's yuri. Period. I don't care if it's "rapey" or too short or the characters do other horrible things as long as it's yuri.

Same for Citrus, which has full-length episodes and is better-received, but a good number still bitch about it being "rapey." I don't care. Yuri is always hot.
Jan 14, 2018 9:28 PM
Jun 2017
Overlord.

Just because it's "another LN adaptation" dosent mean that it isn't good. I'd take Overlord over LH and SAO any day.
Jan 14, 2018 10:16 PM
Nov 2017
Angel Beats! Specials. That extra Tension episode was one of the funniest things I ever saw.

But, like others, I could give a damn less. I gave it a 10. And if your not down with that...

Jan 14, 2018 10:21 PM
Nov 2016
Yosuga no sora.
If not for the incest and heavy ecchi, it would not have copped so much crap.

Jan 15, 2018 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
Mahouka - Mahouka has like one of the most unique and best structured magic systems in anime and has a kick ass soundtrack.

Bleach - Fullbring arc wasn't bad at all. For me it was nice seeing Ichigo depowered and going up against a far , far weaker but more dastardly villain than Aizen. Aside from the disappointment of the conclusion of the Fake Karakura town arc and the anime ending without adapting the last arc in the manga, the Bleach anime was pretty good.

It had nice openings and endings, art, soundtrack, animation (better than Naruto's), most of the filler arcs were good, the short segments after the episodes like Arrancar Encyclopedia and Shinigami Cup Golden were actually pretty funny.
Jan 15, 2018 2:28 AM

Dec 2016
I think i would defend Darker than Black season 2. It was almost as good as the first one, it just needed more Yin imo.

Jan 15, 2018 2:34 AM

Oct 2015
probably Love Live Sunshine series XD seriously though

I wouldn't really defend Guilty Crown though(one of my favorites) since even though I adored it, there were a lot of questionable decisions or even a lot of problems with the story itself
Jan 15, 2018 2:37 AM
Oct 2015
I can try and defend Dragon ball super just because I'm a long-term Dragon ball series fan, but I cannot defend the animation and art in some particular scenes.
Heckle was here...
Jan 15, 2018 3:47 AM

Feb 2016
Druaga no Tou: The Aegis of Uruk. While the score of this show on MAL is 7.30, which isn't half bad at all, every time I see someone mention this show it gets thrashed, and I've never seen anyone recommend it outside of MAL.
This show was far from perfect, and at times it was even bad. But man, that scenery. Man, that final battle. Man, the dynamics of the relationship between Melt and Coopa. The show even contained some genuinely funny gags! I gave it an 8, solely for these reasons. Otherwise it would have been a 5.
Jan 15, 2018 4:04 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Probably Bleach.

I often read that it's one of the worst Shounen anime of all time while I always preferred it over Naruto, One Piece or Fairy Tail (to name some of the most popular ones).

Truth to be told, it definitely had the worst filler episodes, but otherwise I enjoyed it a lot. It's a shame that the manga went a bit downhill later on.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jan 15, 2018 4:45 AM

Apr 2017
sao

and thats a joke of course

still life: pink roses
Jan 15, 2018 6:56 AM

Dec 2013
i would not hesitate to defend naruto and jojo with my life (though i don't believe the latter is shamed as much as the former lol)
Jan 15, 2018 7:21 AM

Sep 2011
Victory gundam, its got more flaws than a good chunk of the franchise and some of the most pants on head retarded scenes ive ever witnessed, but some of the characters are so good and the emotions this anime gave are too strong to just shit on it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 15, 2018 10:12 AM
Sadist

Jun 2016
Meira_Eve said:
Fairy Tail

I will defend the first half of it!

Don't ask about the second half.. Even I know that part is.. S*** lol

Im actually more willing to defend the second, because it built up its world a bit more and developed some good lore and a more cohesive story.

The first half was just.. Pointless arcs. The second we learned who are main antagonists were, a bit about their motivations and what sort of background they had with the guild and its members. The final season I expect to be the best.

It wont be great.. But Ive already watched enough of it that I might as well finish.

I rated the second run like.. 6/10.. Which is a hell of alot better then Id rate bleach.. Definately not the worst mainstream anime out there.
ValeofruinJan 15, 2018 10:16 AM
Jan 15, 2018 10:21 AM

May 2016
None. I will argue that some animes that are really hated are good but since I don't care much about public opinion...
Jan 15, 2018 2:19 PM

Sep 2014
Diabolik Lovers. (S1)

It's easy for me to not consider Yui a character. She IS the player in the Vita games, ie. not a character, so I don't feel obligated to see her as one. (Not that I can't see how people other than myself can have a problem with her, but I don't think everyone criticizing the show knows why she is this way, ie. from an otome game (yes some don't care that's fine)) Some people dislike it for being somewhat rapey, but its fiction. A silly fantasy. No one should be taking this show seriously. If it's not for you, drop it and move on. It has my favorite character designs in a bishounen anime, great VAs, consistent art and animation, and it hints at a family dynamic that interested me. It's no 10/10, but I don't think it deserves MAL's current abysmal score either.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

4 by Rinrinka »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

47 by LostSpectre »»
9 minutes ago

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

2 by LostSpectre »»
19 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.