Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2017 7:07 PM

Apr 2017
SHT THE ENDING SONG ;-;

Welp, that's why they turned into machines.....to sacrifice themselves ;-;

10/10
Dec 21, 2017 7:58 PM
Memelord Mcgee

Jun 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
LMAO, they actually adapted Trump. I totally thought they'll cut him out because: there's not enough time to adapt 15 chapters in one episode and Trump's part is so silly that it makes the final moments of this series cringe-worthy.

They surprisingly fit 15 chapters into this episode without feeling jarringly fast (except the last couple of mins since the epilogue was only skimmed over). Overall, this series isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, nor is it particularly great either. It has an interesting premise and that alone makes it a series worth checking out for most people. The execution is a little wonky, but the overall absurdity and uniqueness of the series makes it enjoyable regardless. Inuyashiki's a likable character due to his overall character traits, rather than his actual development. Shishigami isn't anything too great, but not bad either. He's a decent enough representation of an apathetic teenager who has mass destruction-level powers, who's also conflicted in the fact that he's unaware of what truly makes him feel "alive" or "relevant" in this world. The only people that defined his relevancy was his mother, Ando, Shion and her grandmother, so it makes sense that he's will to sacrifice himself solely to save there lives, even if it means saving the lives of millions of people that he hates for rejecting him. The story of the series is fairly straightforward, but I also think that the straightforwardness plays to the series' advantage. Considering how absurd the series is as a whole, trying to make it overly-complex or anything would just make it feel wrong.

From an adaptation standpoint, MAPPA did a lot of good and bad things. CG animations during certain moments makes sense since a lot of stuff would be hard to animate hand-drawn. Bus some of the texture work is pretty bad at times. I think a lot of it was intentionally blurry because of the whole TV seizure censorship thingy, so I'm expecting everything to look sharper in the BDs. Sound effects and music was well-done. And I grew to like the voice-acting by the end of the series. MAPPA adapted 10 volumes worth of content into 11 volumes, and they actually did it pretty well. If this series was 12 episodes, with the last episode's content being divided into two episodes, I think it would've made the ending "better".

6/10

TV Censorship seizure thingy? Care to elaborate? This has me curious.
"Ayyy lmao" - Lil B
Dec 21, 2017 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
MistLiigh said:
I can understand why this show is so divisive, but wow there is some seriously unnecessary meanness going on in this thread. Can't we all just be nice to each other and respect other people's opinions even if we don't agree with them?

I can't say the show was perfect, it definitely wasn't, it had plenty of flaws... But what it did well, it did extremely well, and I found it easy to forgive its flaws because it had so much going in its favor. But I get that not everyone is into the things that I thought made it enjoyable. It was a fun ride, anime of the season is definitely between this and Land of the Lustrous/Houseki no Kuni for me, with Ancient Magus' Bride a close 3rd (please don't hurt me for not liking it more).

Oh don't get me wrong I don't have anything against the people that likes the series (despite my comment being so by stating the realistic comment), in fact if people like it that's fine. I just want to say my two cents on the matter, that's really it.

I only got defensive when I get tell stuff like "pseudo elitist" or "elitist" only, or just judging by face value, which ticks me off.
Dec 21, 2017 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
Aaaaaand they used the manga ending. Welp, beggars can't be choosers, I guess.
Dec 21, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2013

>Japan isn't going to pay for the wall, Inuyashiki will do it.

6/10
It was enjoyable, at least

Armisrael
The fate of Destruction▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ▬ ▬▬Beast
Twtr
Arael
Dec 21, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2015
Man it's over, decent anime overall. 7/10 Not too bad not the greatest thing ever. I'll miss the soundtrack each week though some of my favourite music this year in anime, Man with a mission OP's are always rocking.
Dec 21, 2017 9:25 PM

Jan 2015
So now they having 2015 reference by bringing about that Asteroid thing? And then Shishigami also came to the asteroid thinking that he could "pay the price" for all what he done so far by sacrificing himself. But it won't be as easy as that isn't it?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 21, 2017 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
this episode felt so rushed
trump-kun the best lol
8/10
Dec 21, 2017 9:44 PM

Dec 2015
The Trump appearance kind of ruined the seriousness of the issue. Honestly, Trump is a lot of things, but he wouldn't just go on national television and basically say "fuck all y'all, I'm a winner and you're all losers" with a sneer on his face. Honestly, Japan is so retarded sometimes.
Dec 21, 2017 9:44 PM

Sep 2017
The asteroid story was just weird, it happened all the sudden and we didn't even know about it until Donal Trump came out. I was hoping for this to have 24 episodes but it didn't happen....
『Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活』  Luv Re;zero   

Dec 21, 2017 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't commented on the previous episode because i saw both of them straight.
I was so happy to see Ichirou's daughter alive! He saved so many people...but it was way to happy for an ending for this anime, so i knew that there was probably something else coming.
And it was a meteorite...I think that it was quite forced the fact that Ichirou also had to kill himself in order to save humanity, but i think there was no way to get a "better" ending.
One of the best animes of this season, sad to see it end but happy that it had an end.
It portrayed some of the situations from our reality way too real... some of the moments were "way to strong", not saying that it was a bad thing but it just showed the reality of the things.

A very emotional anime that had me captured the whole time, with great action scenes, also a great story with an amazing OST, and one of the best OP from this season.

9-10/10.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 21, 2017 9:57 PM
Nov 2016
This anime has its problems, from the use of normal actors instead of seiyuus to the CGI and all that but I'll admit, it was fun.

Hiro's character could've been expanded upon but that didn't happen but yeah, it was still good.
Dec 21, 2017 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
YES TRUMP'S PART WAS ADAPTED

Great series, I hope Gantz can get a reboot.

Dec 21, 2017 10:12 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
fofo808 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
LMAO, they actually adapted Trump. I totally thought they'll cut him out because: there's not enough time to adapt 15 chapters in one episode and Trump's part is so silly that it makes the final moments of this series cringe-worthy.

They surprisingly fit 15 chapters into this episode without feeling jarringly fast (except the last couple of mins since the epilogue was only skimmed over). Overall, this series isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, nor is it particularly great either. It has an interesting premise and that alone makes it a series worth checking out for most people. The execution is a little wonky, but the overall absurdity and uniqueness of the series makes it enjoyable regardless. Inuyashiki's a likable character due to his overall character traits, rather than his actual development. Shishigami isn't anything too great, but not bad either. He's a decent enough representation of an apathetic teenager who has mass destruction-level powers, who's also conflicted in the fact that he's unaware of what truly makes him feel "alive" or "relevant" in this world. The only people that defined his relevancy was his mother, Ando, Shion and her grandmother, so it makes sense that he's will to sacrifice himself solely to save there lives, even if it means saving the lives of millions of people that he hates for rejecting him. The story of the series is fairly straightforward, but I also think that the straightforwardness plays to the series' advantage. Considering how absurd the series is as a whole, trying to make it overly-complex or anything would just make it feel wrong.

From an adaptation standpoint, MAPPA did a lot of good and bad things. CG animations during certain moments makes sense since a lot of stuff would be hard to animate hand-drawn. Bus some of the texture work is pretty bad at times. I think a lot of it was intentionally blurry because of the whole TV seizure censorship thingy, so I'm expecting everything to look sharper in the BDs. Sound effects and music was well-done. And I grew to like the voice-acting by the end of the series. MAPPA adapted 10 volumes worth of content into 11 volumes, and they actually did it pretty well. If this series was 12 episodes, with the last episode's content being divided into two episodes, I think it would've made the ending "better".

6/10

Ever since the airing 38th episode of Pokemon, which has flashy visuals that caused many to have seizures, the Japanese government has a law stating that programs that air on Japanese television cannot air vivid, fast-moving, or flashy works. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denn%C5%8D_Senshi_Porygon

In order to go bypass that law, a lot of anime either dim down their scenes or make certain things look more blurry. This is fixed in the Blu-ray and DVD releases, since there's no law regarding that. Here's some examples:

In Fate/Stay night Unlimited Blade Works, many scenes are dimmed down in brightness for the TV broadcast: http://www.otakutale.com/2014/ufotable-previews-fate-stay-night-unlimited-blade-works-blu-ray-changes/

Here's Todoroki vs. Midoriya on TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXovWvaphA
Here's the fight with the brightness corrected: https://streamable.com/kf86s

Here's JoJo Part 4 TV vs Blu-Ray comparison, where the TV version gets rid of some frames and makes the frame transitions blurry.

Inuyashiki does the same thing too at certain moments. For example, in the OP, when Inuyashiki flies past the building, it's pretty choppy and blurry due to the broadcast law:

If the backgrounds had a lot of detailing to them in episode 10, it would've probably violated the law due to a great amount of animating movement happening on screen. But the blurry backgrounds prevented that. Not sure if it was intentional or a mess-up from MAPPA. We'll only be able to find out once the blu-rays come out.
Dec 21, 2017 10:22 PM

Nov 2012
Hiro blowing himself up was not enough to dismiss what he did to that dad and child it the bathtub, that was effed up!
Dec 21, 2017 10:39 PM

May 2017
This ep was pretty rushed, the transition to the asteroid seemed weird.

Inuyashiki's family are still a bunch of "jerks", they only started liking him after he came on TV.
I mean they like the robot inuyashiki rather than the OG, Even though both of them have the same personality.

Still it was an enjoyable watch, only show I liked in this season

7/10
Dec 21, 2017 10:49 PM

May 2017
RebelPanda said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

The dog falling down the stairs signified the belief and affection of the dog that knew that her owner and the closest friend would not come back and rushed without any concern for HER own safety.
You lack either a comprehension or a compassion. And I dread to claim which is worse.

"Oh no, that cute dog is sad and fell down the stairs!! Now is when they want me to start crying right?"
I like dogs! Seeing them get hurt makes me upset, but seeing the creator of this hurt a dog to evoke a contrived response in the audience just makes me angry. Everything in that scene was so wrong so that dog thing felt totally out of place.

I can't help but feel cynical towards this show after wasting 10 episodes on it.

I would have given this show a 10 if hiro had killed the fucking dog, rest of inuyashikis family, and the whole fucking world leaving the geezer alone with him. Then they would fuck the brains out of each other and finally self destruct blowing up this planet .
Dec 21, 2017 11:41 PM
Apr 2016
spicychile said:
Ending felt crammed, but it was overall a good ride. 7/10

Really would've been nice if Trump actually voiced in this ep lol.

I would have even forgiven him not building the wall.
Loriental said:
Am I the only one beyond annoyed by the fact that Inuyashiki's family treated him like total garbage and then, after they discover he is a hero robot, they are suddently a happy family?This is just the one that annoyed me the most, all character interactions in this anime feel weird in some way or another.The sudden Mari introduction, Hiro in his entirety, that girl who loves Hiro unconditionaly for no reason at all, it was a big toll on my enjoyement.I give it a 4/10.

Lemme take a look Becky.
1."Inuyashiki's family treated him like total garbage"
Yeah never happened.
2. Assuming that there must be reasons for unconditional love
Yeah, well, yeah...
After reading your input I can see that you have tried, but failed. So try it again after some time of inner development. Like, pretty please.
Re:formed
Dec 21, 2017 11:47 PM
Apr 2016
Hylianticipated said:
The Trump appearance kind of ruined the seriousness of the issue. Honestly, Trump is a lot of things, but he wouldn't just go on national television and basically say "fuck all y'all, I'm a winner and you're all losers" with a sneer on his face. Honestly, Japan is so retarded sometimes.

That is what he is doing almost all the time on national American television. Implying he would not do it worldwide after he alone, by himself, made Jerusalem an Israeli capital... You are either an ignorant adolescent, or adolescent hypocrite. Wake up to your fake reality.
Re:formed
Dec 21, 2017 11:55 PM

May 2015
Well, it is over... I was neither fan of Hiro as a character nor of the way things turned out. It had some entertaining bits, especially at the beginning, but overall it was a mediocre series with a half-assed ending.

4/10 (which is the same score I gave the manga).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 22, 2017 12:10 AM
Memelord Mcgee

Jun 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
fofo808 said:

Ever since the airing 38th episode of Pokemon, which has flashy visuals that caused many to have seizures, the Japanese government has a law stating that programs that air on Japanese television cannot air vivid, fast-moving, or flashy works. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denn%C5%8D_Senshi_Porygon

In order to go bypass that law, a lot of anime either dim down their scenes or make certain things look more blurry. This is fixed in the Blu-ray and DVD releases, since there's no law regarding that. Here's some examples:

In Fate/Stay night Unlimited Blade Works, many scenes are dimmed down in brightness for the TV broadcast: http://www.otakutale.com/2014/ufotable-previews-fate-stay-night-unlimited-blade-works-blu-ray-changes/

Here's Todoroki vs. Midoriya on TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXovWvaphA
Here's the fight with the brightness corrected: https://streamable.com/kf86s

Here's JoJo Part 4 TV vs Blu-Ray comparison, where the TV version gets rid of some frames and makes the frame transitions blurry.

Inuyashiki does the same thing too at certain moments. For example, in the OP, when Inuyashiki flies past the building, it's pretty choppy and blurry due to the broadcast law:

If the backgrounds had a lot of detailing to them in episode 10, it would've probably violated the law due to a great amount of animating movement happening on screen. But the blurry backgrounds prevented that. Not sure if it was intentional or a mess-up from MAPPA. We'll only be able to find out once the blu-rays come out.

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with the Pokemon episode. Thats crazy it became a law though, thanks for the heads up!
"Ayyy lmao" - Lil B
Dec 22, 2017 12:12 AM

Mar 2014
Actually not sure what to think about it, but i do think the pacing was fucked up.
Overall i think it was pretty decent, will give it a 6/10 for now, probably gonna lower it to 5/10 when i think back on it.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Dec 22, 2017 12:20 AM
Jun 2016
RIP Hiro and Inuyashiki

Unexpected ending... so sad actually but at same time i amazed with the ending :"

9/10 both are heroes.
Dec 22, 2017 12:43 AM

Jul 2015
wha?? how can anyone call those explosions?
overall this series was great.... well atleast it was better than other series...
dunno about the manga... but to me.. it was super rushed... like Super Rushed God... (areferencetosupersaiyangod)
and lmao at that trump scene calling everyone loser.....
8/10
Dec 22, 2017 1:23 AM
Sep 2015
smoledman said:
I changed my vote from 10 to 1 for the ridiculous Trump caricature. Way to blow immersion and ruin what could have been a great anime. Now I'll always remember the Trump thing. Good doing fuckheads.
Trump was on for about 20 seconds and had absolutely no impact on the show. Obviously, you are entitled to you're own opinion but it's pretty dumb. Also, it wasn't a caricature.
Dec 22, 2017 1:42 AM

Aug 2014
Great watch. Gantz is one of my favorites so it was good to catch those little references.
Dec 22, 2017 1:43 AM

Jan 2012
Boy I'm really bad with remembering what day of the week it is lately. I thought yesterday was Friday and today Wednesday. But that's neither here nor there I suppose. Anyway, depressingly accurate Trump depiction aside this ending went about as I expected. Hiro, who in retrospect probably felt more like the main character than Inuyashiki, remained unsympathetic for me to the end. No bonus brownie points for an attempted heroic sacrifice to protect the two people he cared about, sorry. Inuyashiki meanwhile felt like he deserved better than he got, but that's life I suppose. At least his family seems to be doing well enough. Though only his daughter received enough screen time to actually care about from them. Overall this was a good series. Good, not great. There were several emotional Inuyashiki related moments in it. Solid 7/10. I feel like I should have more to say but I don't.
Dec 22, 2017 1:55 AM
Nov 2009
LMA said:
VanishingKira said:

Make Anime Great Again!!

LOL! You know what though? Trump is such a sociopath that if the world WAS about to be destroyed, he really would tell everyone else to go to hell with his dying breath.

Funny how little you triggered snowflakes understand about how he is as a family man. You really think he wants his sons and daughters to die and he'd just be like "LOL FUCK IT YOLO!"?

Anyways, show was a solid 2/10. Was a 5/10 for some time but the trainwreck just keep sliding further off the bridge until it came crashing down in a fiery explosion of retardation.

Mari was hot though. That's where the extra point comes from.
Dec 22, 2017 2:04 AM
Nov 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
Hylianticipated said:

That is what he is doing almost all the time on national American television. Implying he would not do it worldwide after he alone, by himself, made Jerusalem an Israeli capital... You are either an ignorant adolescent, or adolescent hypocrite. Wake up to your fake reality.

Oh my. You really need to do some academic research.
Dec 22, 2017 2:05 AM

May 2015
I actually kinda liked this ending. I really did not expect Inuyashiki to die though. Overall, I'd say the series is decent. The premise is strong, but it wasn't executed as well as it could have been. There were some genuinely good moments though, and I definitely don't regret watching the show.

Dec 22, 2017 2:13 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, can't say I liked this ending at all. Realistically, they had to get rid of Inuyashiki and Hiro somehow, but they could have done much better than this. Hell, I would've preferred them just using last week as the finale and letting Hiro die after his battle with Inuyashiki, but instead we get this. Also, was the Trump thing really necessary? Way to break the immersion by needlessly bringing politics into this.

Overall, this was a solid show, but it didn't feel like there was enough depth in the premise to even fill 11 episodes at time, particularly during the middle of the show: I feel like this may have worked better as a movie or as a series of 5 or 6 OVAs, although it's apparently already rushed enough as it is, so I don't know.

8/10
Dec 22, 2017 2:29 AM

Nov 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Loriental said:
Am I the only one beyond annoyed by the fact that Inuyashiki's family treated him like total garbage and then, after they discover he is a hero robot, they are suddently a happy family?This is just the one that annoyed me the most, all character interactions in this anime feel weird in some way or another.The sudden Mari introduction, Hiro in his entirety, that girl who loves Hiro unconditionaly for no reason at all, it was a big toll on my enjoyement.I give it a 4/10.

Lemme take a look Becky.
1."Inuyashiki's family treated him like total garbage"
Yeah never happened.
2. Assuming that there must be reasons for unconditional love
Yeah, well, yeah...
After reading your input I can see that you have tried, but failed. So try it again after some time of inner development. Like, pretty please.

Yeah, Inuyashiki's family never treated him bad, I think they were just a family that grew distant. The show could have conveyed that better, but the point was Mari almost dying helped bring them closer together because they realized how precious they were to one another.

Honestly wish the show had been given the standard twelve episodes. A lot of stuff besides just this final episode was rushed and it really could have benefited from an extra twenty minutes to work with, I'm especially livid they dropped Shion and Andou's meeting at the end. The manga may have had better pacing, but this is still a pretty decent adaptation and I enjoyed it.
Dec 22, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2014
Anyone not buying this here? All of them family members being all emotional and sentimental over their relationship with Inuyashiki.

All of you were hating on him and shunning him FOR YEARS!!
BurningSpiritDec 22, 2017 2:54 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 22, 2017 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
Great show with good potential, but unfortunately the story feel rushed. Even so, it's still enjoyable and the ending is OK.
Dec 22, 2017 4:05 AM
Nov 2014
The ending was simple incomprehensible. Inuyashiki could've just asked for all the nukes and neutron bombs on the planet, instead of self-destructing. It was nothing but a simple self-sacrifice fetish.
I'm not obsessed with realism, but this was on the same level as women falling in love with a boring harem MC for no reason.
Dec 22, 2017 4:46 AM

Sep 2017
While a lot of aspect of this anime could use some work, it definitely was an ejoyable experience for me. The animation is pretty rough around the edges, but while characters like Hiro seem retarded to most people he doesn't seem that bad to me. Like I've repeated time and time again, hin and his actions are the logical result of giving such a power to a sociopathic teen, it just so happens that the amount of power given is absurdly high, and so it's consequences look absurdly over the top. However, other charecters like Chokko are very inconsistent, especially with this ending.

But, with all that said, this series had a nice closure and quite the emotional ending. I'd recomend it if you can look past some of it's more obvious character flaws and the absurd stupidity of the people living in Inuyashiki's world. Which could be seen as part of the absurd style of the mangaka, but it really isn't for everyone.

6/10
Dec 22, 2017 4:49 AM

Dec 2011
GangsterCat said:
random plot device because the author doesn't have any idea how to end the series. it's stupid af but at least not bad and boring like gantz clusterfuck ending.

quite boring at some episode, but good enough 6/10

The asteroid is not random though, it was foreshadow a few time in the previous episodes.

Also for those who hate Trump appearance, it was adapting the manga that actually show Trump, and the anime also tone down some of the things that Trumps said in the manga which is more disturbing
amc9988Dec 22, 2017 4:53 AM
Dec 22, 2017 4:58 AM

Jan 2017
Hiroya Oku first showed us in Gantz superficial and weak pro-vegan and pro-atheism propaganda; Now, he shows us weak left-wing propaganda. Let´s see what agenda he´ll weakly show us in his next work...
Dec 22, 2017 5:35 AM

Jan 2016
@Daniel_Naumov Right in the first ep we learn that his family isolate him and are embarassed of him because of his old appearence and poverty.The very reason he is at the park when the aliens turn him into a robot is because he discovered he has cancer and feels like a walk with the dog is better for the heart than staying at his own home where he isnt welcome.

You're right about the unconditional love though, it really doesnt need a reason per say.What I should have said to express my opinion is: I dont believe in their relationship.From those episodes he stayed at her house I couldnt feel them connecting, they barely had any conversations or moments together.While I can agree with she loving him just because she fell for him, I dont see how she and her grandma became so important to him that, not only would he fight the entire country to be with them at peace, but he would sacrifice his own life so they could live.I can only come up with the explanation that it is because they gave him a home when he had nothing and no one, but that, and the building of their relationship, werent shown to the viewer and im left to speculate that that was what happened without it actually being shown to me.What is in the show is just him laying on his bed or having small chit chat at the table and it is clear that she has problems with him being a serial killer, or did I miss some important scenes?

@BurningSpirit THIS
LorientalDec 22, 2017 5:38 AM
Dec 22, 2017 5:53 AM

Jan 2016
@Jacob_Chimera Thats pretty much my only or biggest problem with the show, how bad some of the important stuff is conveyed.At least from what I got from the first episode Inuyashiki could almost be considered a victim of domestic abuse.Hell, he was trying his hardest to make a living for them and was only met with Ingratitude and them being embarassed about having an old and poor dad.He was feeling so not at place in his home that when he discovered he had cancer he went for a walk with his dog at the park instead of staying with his family. I felt that all of this was completely overlooked in the rest of the anime, specially when that was the introduction of the first episode.
I can see why you can enjoy the show though, I didnt actually hate it or anything, I even finished watching it, its one hell of a premise and it is definitely a new outlook.Now a days most media is on the perspective of kids or young adults, with old people being the vilains.In this show we see a lot of the hardships of the older population and the worst sides of the younger.That old bum in the park being attacked by that gang and those school kinds being bullys in the train were really cool scenes to me.I do feel bad that the anime deviated from this later but its still deservers the credit.
Dec 22, 2017 6:21 AM

Jul 2012
Really enjoyed the show but it was a bit off a mess at times. I'm glad the ending was resolved and for once we get a closed story. Really looking forward to whatever Hiroya writes next.
Dec 22, 2017 6:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the panic end, and the world continues!!!!
Dec 22, 2017 6:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Satisfactory ending to a wonderful and enjoyable series, sadly.
For some reason, this ending felt very rushed and therefore slightly inconclusive and disheartening, albeit being a touch too predictable. Honestly, I expected Hiro to pass away(like completely) stopping the meteor but I didn’t think Inuyashiki would have to go through the same ordeal too. While this episode made this kind of an ending a little more understanable, the flow of events made it a little too obvious and hence disappointing as a viewer on the edge of the seat waiting for a sudden twist or something of the sort. On the positive side, there will be no ‘Gods’ anymore in this world nor will Inuyashiki be abducted and experimented upon, just a personal reckoning. But I still think having an extra episode, 12 episodes instead in other words, would have done the trick much more better and satisfying. I’m aware of the fact that this is almost precisely how the manga ended, so a little bit of original and additional work by the Studio would have seriously made this all the more intriguing through and through. Nonetheless, it was pelasant and nice to see Inuyashiki make up with his family as he clearly deserved it hands down. On the other hand, I’d loved to see Hiro have a talk or at least a farewell message to Shion but the lad died a hero’s death despite living a killer’s short Robotic life. All this kind of made Hiro’s earlier massacres rather odd and out of place really, since we didn’t even get to know his change of heart or anything except for his care for Shion and her grandmother which clearly isn’t enough, theoretically speaking. All in all, to sum it all up though, not the best or worst ending but somewhere in between these two extremes slightly over to the positive side at best is all I can say. I hate to say this, but this episode was definitely the worst among the total 11 episodes but it wasn’t all that bad in all honesty.

Overall, the show had an interesting and unique kind of an approach from the indifferent protagonist to begin with and took on some really serious matters at hand henceforth and actually managed to keep up brilliantly, at least for the most bit. In terms of the Storyline, Character Development and the Sound Department, this show excelled and the blend of these departments were exceptional. It’s already a given that this show had a very phenomenal Storyline and hence the Character Development of certain characters were involved as well as a consequence. Additionally, the brilliant Op and ED made it all the more brilliant. However, other than these, there was hardly any other noticeable soundtrack or any other soundtrack in general. On the other hand, the Art/Animation of this show was a little hard to first adapt to but it it got better as the show went on even though the animation didn’t actually improve at all.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 9.25/10
- Character Development: 8/10
- Art/Animation: 6/10
- Sound Department: 8/10
- Enjoyment: 9/10

-> Overall: 8/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 22, 2017 7:09 AM

Apr 2013
This ending is "predictabo"! The first time they mentioned that asteroid from earlier episode, I'm sure we all knew what's gonna happen at that moment. Shishigami deserved to die. Inuyashiki was just using "borrowed time". I feel bad for Shion though. Inuyashiki's son finally retaliated against those bullies. Mari won against Eiichiro Oda's son!

This would be an easy recommend if not for mature theme. Like if they just go full drama/slice of life without the extreme violence.

Dec 22, 2017 7:22 AM

Feb 2014
Everyone's a hero once in their life.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 22, 2017 7:25 AM

Sep 2011
Wasshio said:
MistLiigh said:
I can understand why this show is so divisive, but wow there is some seriously unnecessary meanness going on in this thread. Can't we all just be nice to each other and respect other people's opinions even if we don't agree with them?

I can't say the show was perfect, it definitely wasn't, it had plenty of flaws... But what it did well, it did extremely well, and I found it easy to forgive its flaws because it had so much going in its favor. But I get that not everyone is into the things that I thought made it enjoyable. It was a fun ride, anime of the season is definitely between this and Land of the Lustrous/Houseki no Kuni for me, with Ancient Magus' Bride a close 3rd (please don't hurt me for not liking it more).

Oh don't get me wrong I don't have anything against the people that likes the series (despite my comment being so by stating the realistic comment), in fact if people like it that's fine. I just want to say my two cents on the matter, that's really it.

I only got defensive when I get tell stuff like "pseudo elitist" or "elitist" only, or just judging by face value, which ticks me off.

I apologize, I wasn't really clear but I didn't mean people criticizing the show. That's what the thread is for after all, discussing the episode, what it did and didn't do well, and our opinions on it. I mean the people outright being mean to each other, such as the very person you bring up who decided to personally attack you and insult your intelligence. I'm appalled at the number of comments in this thread that are personally attacking other commenters, even if it's still a fairly small percentage it's still more posts than I usually see on these forums with that sort of poor behavior, and that's just not an acceptable tactic in any sort of civilized discussion. I don't have any delusions that my complaining will sway them, it just makes me feel better to express it...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Dec 22, 2017 7:27 AM

May 2017
So judging by the comments this isn't an anime original end? Coz I thought for sure it was

Wasted potential, still a great watch until one horrible final episode smfh

8/10
Dec 22, 2017 8:26 AM

Aug 2016
soooo satisfying >_> (and impressive how I can feel pity for a mass murderer, Hiro looked very hurt when Chokko asked him how many he has killed and he just wanted to hang around his place

Can someone tell me if the Trump scene was like this in the manga as well? O.o EDIT: Okay apparently it was. What the heck, best scene XD
Akiho90Dec 22, 2017 8:30 AM
Dec 22, 2017 8:37 AM

May 2010
Soo much wasted potential in this dumpster fire of a show. I go with my rating that i had after 6 episodes 4/10
Dec 22, 2017 8:39 AM

Jul 2016
A sudden heartwarming reunion that gave me a feeling of a deathflag

Trump on here wth!

Emotional finale, rip hiro and inuyashiki, the matching ED was good
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

381 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 18, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

392 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 17, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

178 by Softhenic03 »»
Feb 18, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.