Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
King's Game
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 19, 2018 4:04 AM

Nov 2009
I didn't care about the story, if they cracked the case or if anyone survived. I watched this because it was the best comedy I've seen helped by it being a sadistic mess of a show that tries to take itself seriously. Garunteed laugh every episode. Was a little sad that Natsuko died. That yandere queen should have won and gone on to terrorize more people next season. On a pure enjoyment level I give this an 8. On a technical level I give it a 4.
Jan 19, 2018 5:02 AM
Aug 2013
- Pristine condition chainsaw in the middle of the forest. LOL
- Natsuko dies. YAY
- Nobuaki dies. YAY, good riddance to an ultra wimpy MC who couldn't save anyone.
- Riona is the sole survivor. YAY

About as good as an ending as I could've hoped for. I thought Nobuaki was going to survive but I loved that he was useless right up to the very end. Wavering between 4/10 or 5/10 just for the enjoyment. Probably 4.

Those who gave it 1 haven't seen true shit-tier anime that puts you to sleep, like Glasslip
GippyJan 19, 2018 5:09 AM
Jan 19, 2018 5:10 AM

Nov 2009
Gaiking said:
THAT WAS BATSHIT CRAZY, GORY, AND GOOD !!! Sad to see Riona kiss the dead Nobuaki @_@ She suicided and sank to the bottom of the lake along with Nobuaki. So the King's Game was really a virus inside their bodies, that makes sense and why bodies could just blow up like that. This was the complete ending and conclusion. No one survived as the King's Game was intended for this result which was a FANTASTIC revelation. The To be Continued in the end is apart of the conclusion. That The King's game begins with another group all over again. A SEASON 2 would not really be needed nor do I think it'd be as GREAT as this anime, telling about BOTH Nobuaki and his current/past game. I ENJOYED OUSAMA GAME SO MUCH !!! AMAZINGLY AWESOME ANIME !!!!!!! 10/10

Riona didn't suicide and sink in the ocean? That part in episode 1 was his ex from the first game. Riona chose to live hence a secound season. I wanted her to die so don't think I'd miss it if she did XD
Jan 22, 2018 1:19 AM
Jan 2018
SaturnSkye said:
Gaiking said:
THAT WAS BATSHIT CRAZY, GORY, AND GOOD !!! Sad to see Riona kiss the dead Nobuaki @_@ She suicided and sank to the bottom of the lake along with Nobuaki. So the King's Game was really a virus inside their bodies, that makes sense and why bodies could just blow up like that. This was the complete ending and conclusion. No one survived as the King's Game was intended for this result which was a FANTASTIC revelation. The To be Continued in the end is apart of the conclusion. That The King's game begins with another group all over again. A SEASON 2 would not really be needed nor do I think it'd be as GREAT as this anime, telling about BOTH Nobuaki and his current/past game. I ENJOYED OUSAMA GAME SO MUCH !!! AMAZINGLY AWESOME ANIME !!!!!!! 10/10

Riona didn't suicide and sink in the ocean? That part in episode 1 was his ex from the first game. Riona chose to live hence a secound season. I wanted her to die so don't think I'd miss it if she did XD

Rewatch the last episode again. Riona clearly took Nobuaki's body with her, and walked into the ocean. The game continued because why the fuck not?
Jan 22, 2018 1:26 AM
Jan 2018
Gippy said:
- Pristine condition chainsaw in the middle of the forest. LOL
- Natsuko dies. YAY
- Nobuaki dies. YAY, good riddance to an ultra wimpy MC who couldn't save anyone.
- Riona is the sole survivor. YAY

About as good as an ending as I could've hoped for. I thought Nobuaki was going to survive but I loved that he was useless right up to the very end. Wavering between 4/10 or 5/10 just for the enjoyment. Probably 4.

Those who gave it 1 haven't seen true shit-tier anime that puts you to sleep, like Glasslip

You know, I almost forgot about Glasslip. That show was bad, but Ousama Game is just garbage. The only thing I can think of thats dumber than this would be "Training with Hinako."
Jan 22, 2018 4:00 AM

Nov 2009
allblue1 said:
Rewatch the last episode again. Riona clearly took Nobuaki's body with her, and walked into the ocean. The game continued because why the fuck not?

Ok re-watched it. It was the sinking to the bottom of the ocean thing that confused me. We don't see that. It was insinuated that she drowned but wasn't shown so maybe she did survive. Also, Nobuaki made her promise to survive. So I think she may have lived and that's why it's continuing or they'll do a prequel type sequel.
Jan 25, 2018 2:20 AM
Jul 2015
At long last I have finished this affront to humanity. I finished the last 5 episodes in a row. No person should be subject to such torture. The cia wouldn't even subject terrorists to this.

What a shit ending. I can't express with words how disappointed I am this is getting a 2nd season.

To all the people that gave it a good score (above 5) you are what's wrong with mal rating system and why aliens will never visit us.
Jan 25, 2018 3:23 AM

Nov 2009
Jagh said:
At long last I have finished this affront to humanity. I finished the last 5 episodes in a row. No person should be subject to such torture. The cia wouldn't even subject terrorists to this.

To all the people that gave it a good score (above 5) you are what's wrong with mal rating system and why aliens will never visit us.

Says the person who finished it even though they hated it and even watched 5 episodes in a row. If people hate this so badly why don't they drop it after a few episodes?
Jan 25, 2018 4:49 PM

Dec 2008
This was just bad. I can't believe I finished it all. To be continued? No. Please. That is really NOT necessary.
Jan 26, 2018 10:45 PM
Jul 2015
SaturnSkye said:
Jagh said:

Says the person who finished it even though they hated it and even watched 5 episodes in a row. If people hate this so badly why don't they drop it after a few episodes?

It's called being a completionist. If you look at my list, you'll see I don't drop shows. No matter how horrible they are, I will suffer through them. I don't believe people are allowed to voice their opinions on something they didn't take the time to watch. I powered through it in one night to get it over with. The use of alcohol helped.
Jan 27, 2018 3:29 AM

Nov 2009
@Jagh Fair enough. I used to be a completionist but now I aim for the half way mark before making a decision. I won't rate shows that I drop either.
Jan 27, 2018 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
Finally the end. It was extremely bad with so many things without senses.

Fortunately, there was action, bad action, but action, so I succeed to finish it. After all the inconsistencies, it remains two main flaws: the characters and the pacing.

The characters are not really introduced and die so quickly that I can't feel involved in the story or their deaths. It's almost fun to watch them die...
And why did they made the two stories in one anime. The first episodes are so hard to understand, that even my brother who have read the manga was lost.

Good OP.
Feb 1, 2018 11:45 AM
Apr 2016
1/10...
The ending was pretty terrible.
Where tf did natsuko find the chainsaw anyway?
Feb 1, 2018 8:14 PM

Nov 2009
@AbhayDX It's a building in the middle of the woods. Makes sense to have a chainsaw, or two, or three. She was being kind by opting for the quicker option rather than say, an axe.
Feb 4, 2018 5:52 PM
Jan 2013
Kenny_Stryker said:
Alright.

So, remind me again how did they manage to get a chainsaw in middle of nowhere?

Oh, and now they're trying to make Natsuko look good. WHAT?!?!

This anime had so much potential to flourish, but nah. And, now everyone's dead (with Riona committing suicide by drowning herself with Nobouaki's body), then why the hell didn't King's Game stop?

According to timeline, there shouldn't be anymore survivors of Kings Game, why did it send an email for another Kings Game?

And, finally someone (Riona) tried to use their brain cells and actually tried to kill Natsuko.

And, now it comes down to King's Game vs School Days.

School days FTW!!!
Feb 10, 2018 11:57 AM
Jun 2014
There's a reason it too me so long to finish this anime. It is ridiculously bad.

Still don't get how the game can continue when everyone with the virus died. It would have made more sense if they had returned to the village where it all began but oh well, not everyone get what they want and at least its over (hopefully for good, even with the "to be continued" at the end).
Feb 10, 2018 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
god, even the second round of this ousama game, still not conclusive conclusion...

was gonna give it a 4/10 but the fucking flashbacks ruined it even more. thank god i skipped them (Since i read the manga beforehand)
MayukaFeb 10, 2018 8:10 PM
Feb 13, 2018 9:26 PM

Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Natsuko is still at it with her malevolent intentions...
It's almost sad to see how low she's fallen but then again, I guess the show really tried hard to make the viewers hate her.

Also, Natsuko with a chainsaw...lol. Good God, this show was a complete disaster. It's a prime example of a terrible hororr series in every direction. Natsuko's taunting is still very evident in this finale too and she stlll tries to kill. Natsuko's death is well deserved tbh.

2/10. It definitely deserves it imo. I noticed a "to be continued" for this finale..I hope that won't happen.

if you read the manga... oh boy..
Feb 19, 2018 9:05 AM

May 2016
I will dare say this.
However made this anime was on drugs and nothing else. I hardly liket anything, the characters felt flat out, not developtment, not much worldbuilding and stupid sex scenes.
Feb 19, 2018 9:05 AM

May 2016
I even left a review with a grain of salt to see how much i dislike it -___-
Feb 19, 2018 12:23 PM

Oct 2013
I watched 'till the end because of Riona, she's the only reason why i didn't drop this damn series. So Nobuaki and his friends are in heaven even Natsuko after all those terrible things she has done, the author ain't know no shit about how heavens work, i tell you what.

Everyone died at the end so that means the virus should have not spreaded but the after credit scene there's a guy receving a text from the King, like what the heck ? and it's also says "to be continued"... pls kill me now

4/10
Feb 22, 2018 5:42 AM

Oct 2011
I hate supernatural deaths by text. reminds me of One Missed Call.. x.x

Mar 16, 2018 6:50 PM

Oct 2012
Just finished with ep 12. and reading up on the past and future of kings game I'm surprised that this has a to be continued. it must have a attracted an audience that likes and endless loop of a cluster fuck and its selling well. I have no idea why anyone would like a series with a non ending that goes on forever. I have no idea what the author was thinking when he made King's Game. >.<
Mar 18, 2018 7:00 PM
Sep 2012
THIS TRAIN-WRECK IS FINALLY OVER! It's been a horrible ride from the bland, non-memorable characters, the female high school students that are all busty because... anime, the virus that can somehow enter the internet because reasons and it killing everyone because...........................

Of course we also have Natsuko who I guess is supposed to be redeemed. Nope, still hate your guts bitch.

Then we have my favorite part where our 'saint' main character tells the tsundere to live. That's right, live Riona. It doesn't matter that you'll destroy humanity. It's obvious that you living is the correct choice.

Was there any point or theme in this anime? They were destined to die anyway and they seemed to be happier after death. Couldn't we have just skipped to the final minutes and it would have made no difference in the overall scheme of things. Was there a moral here? The only things I learned was that this anime sucked and that a horrible anime can bring people together by discussing how horrible it is.
Mar 26, 2018 2:05 PM
Feb 2017
I just have one wish,get lost of the human being anime history and the writter of this anime who doesnt have any sense,this anime was bad from the begin to the end it doeasnt even deserve even 1 star,if its in my hand i will give it -10 as a rate,i dont understand how this piece of shit get anime,and more over,S2!!!japan,where is your sense gone.
Apr 2, 2018 10:08 PM
Jan 2013
JotunheimrLoki said:
Would prefer if Riona just took hes head -> on a boat:)

I was surprised that the chainsaw didn't come with a nice travelling bag to hold the MC's head. <sigh>
Apr 8, 2018 8:43 AM
Mar 2014
ChapelSphereApr 8, 2018 9:01 AM
Apr 24, 2018 8:18 PM
Apr 2018
The review section is more interesting than the anime/manga
May 9, 2018 6:35 PM

Mar 2018
Hahaha lmao what a lame ending, natsuko is annoying as usual, even after all the character died the virus still up? What a joke
1/10 for this anime but 8/10 for the op tho
Hope theres no s2

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

May 10, 2018 9:25 AM

Jul 2016
Just finished it now. so fcking tired
May 20, 2018 12:59 PM

Feb 2014
After hanging on for so long I think Natsuko's way of thinking was not that bad after all. Everyone has their own way of salvation.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 12, 2018 5:16 AM

Jun 2016
Only Ria,Chiemi,Yosuke and Kenta die with dignity. Everyone die like either screaming In pain or screaming of being afraid to die,trying to kill someone before getting kill or go psycho and eventually die. This series is way too dark and Its plot its shit.

If they don t bring back Naoya,Chiemi and Ria. I am not bother with this shit series anymore. This is like a worst version of another.

How They are gonna continue season 2 with Nobuaki and everyone dead.

PrideRoyalIvySep 12, 2018 5:21 AM

Sep 23, 2018 2:56 AM
Jan 2015
I think I'm the only person in the world who really liked this anime. I'm a fan of horror, so seeing protagonists make stupid decisions while their friends make dumber ones and get slaughtered is nothing new to me. I even wrote a review. Read it if you dare ;). Looking forward to season two to see what terrors await the next class.

P.S.: I never laughed so hard when I saw Natsuko in heaven at the end. We all know she's getting pounded by the hell dolphins in Satan's a**hole for all the crap she's done. Good riddance. Haven't seen a more satisfying death since Makoto in School Days.
Sep 23, 2018 3:22 AM
Jan 2015
Rawnblade said:
Etzel said:
TO : MyAnimeList
SUB : King's Game

This is the King's Game.
All members of this website will participate.
The King's orders are absolute.
*Withdrawal from the game midway is not allowed.

All of you must watch the second season of King's Game The Animation.
Failure to do so will result in punishment.

- END -

PS. 10/10 Trainwreck of the Year.

I choose death.​​

RLMFAO! That was funny.
Oct 19, 2018 10:15 PM

Sep 2013
So, they all died, but the "virus" was transmitted anyway? How did that work?

Scariest part of the whole series was at the very last second of the last episode when they declared the series would be continued.....I may have nightmares.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 19, 2018 3:52 PM
Jan 2017
I thought this was a good survival anime. The beginning was rough what with all you fuck him and so on demands. but it got really tense and juicy towards the end. And a wonderfully tragic end.
Jan 3, 2019 12:07 AM

Oct 2017
welp this entire show was just a fucking mess

not gonna lie though the little part when everyone was in heaven was cute lmao
Jan 25, 2019 1:46 AM

Dec 2018
They finally start doing something about Natsuko. This mess wouldn't have occured if you guys killed her a long time ago.

Poor Ryou trying to be strong and be a sacrifice, but in the end he's dead

Just like everyone said the chainsaw appeared out of nowhere. Natsuko found it in a flash. How convenient.

So, basically Natsuko is a yandere to Nobuaki. And so that's why she didn't kill Nobuaki back then.

So Natsuko doesn't have some kind of supernatural power at all... then what the hell is with her red eye and causing illusion?

Natsuko goes to heaven after what she did XD.

So the game continues. This might imply that Riona still alive, but the order given by the king sometimes is illogical in itself. So I'm gonna stop speculating things.

In the end the teacher doesn't even showed up.

Weird but I'm looking forward to the sequel XD.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 1, 2019 8:24 AM
Jan 2019
That ending is not funny at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 6, 2019 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
The series too rushed in my opinion the promise was there but it was too short of series. If it had 24 it could have done it right but the 12 it was too much info stuffed in at once. I can at least give it a 6. it wasn't terrible but it wasn't good.
Feb 8, 2019 9:02 PM
Nov 2015
If only they had shown the manga story complete instead of create original content... may be would be good! Thanks for nothing!!! :(
Mar 25, 2019 4:33 PM

Aug 2008
Damn, this show was such a trainwreck.

All their sacrifices were for nothing :(
No man fails if he does his best
- Orison Swett Marden
Apr 1, 2019 11:33 AM
Aug 2018
by far the best anime ever made
Sep 22, 2019 2:51 AM
Jan 2016
Here I thought the series would be like anime Another, then the ending being the same as the manga where Nobuaki survive the Ousama Game with no real closure. Since the manga sequel not yet translated, I'm giving 5/10
Oct 14, 2019 12:28 PM

Feb 2014
Well, that was pretty much what I expected, unintentional comedy and tiddies, I didn't particulary hate it tho, I will take "hilariously bad" over "boring bad" any day, and some of the girls weren't half bad, like Ria and Riona, - maybe Nami too - and I guess Natsuko (before she went "psycho"), would have liked to see them in a better setting, like a hentai or harem for sure, so overall not too bad of a watch.
Nov 5, 2019 8:38 PM
May 2019
Well, that was terrible. However, I was expecting Riona to be the one to get killed, instead of Nobuaki. So that came unexpectedly. Overall, they really messed up this adaptation, but I've definitely seen worse shows though.
Nov 29, 2019 7:39 AM
Jan 2019
This was so terrible. The ending the afterlife . it was like watching a terrible b-horror movie. To be continued? No Thanks.
Jan 8, 2020 1:36 PM

Jul 2012
Well that happened

I read the manga a few years ago and i swear i don't remember it being this bad, but at least it was a strangely entertaining bad.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jan 19, 2020 12:30 PM
Mar 2018
This is one of those animes that can be compared to a train wreck....,it's a bloody disaster but somehow you keep watching until the end only to sigh in blessed relief once it's over. This anime is terrible and I truly hope that the threat of another season is never actualised at any point in the future.
I am giving it a 1/10.
Jan 21, 2020 3:45 AM
Sep 2019
Seven should stick to doing Hentais, this was the worst horror series I've ever watched and I hope that it doesn't get a second season
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

138 by Jakerr11 »»
Apr 16, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

131 by Nitrofire11111 »»
Mar 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

99 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

116 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 3, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

202 by sjw_vegeta »»
Feb 29, 11:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.