Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2017 8:13 PM
Mar 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
OMG THIS CHAPTER!!! I DID NOT EXPECT THAT, IS THAT ANO KATA'S IDENTITY REVEALED!?!?! IT WAS VERY SUDDEN.
Seriously with Rum arc going on, I was not expecting Yuusaku to just said it casually, out of no where. like all these years I imagined how the identity will be revealed, it will be with cliff hangers and in a dramatic way, by conan, near the end of this DC. I feel like I'm suddenly being spoiled, like I was totally not prepared.

Ran and Shinichi going out, I've also been waiting for this for many years, too cute.

I just pray Aoyama didn't reveal it this early because of his medical condition. I really hope he can rest well and come back safely.
--Tsubasa--Dec 12, 2017 8:24 PM
Dec 12, 2017 8:50 PM
May 2017
I KNOOOOOOW! It came outta nowhere but it just clicks that this is how its going to happen. It wouldve been nice to have a hint that Yusaku and Subaru (Akai) were talking about the case, but its not a huge deal.

Yea Ran and Shinichi getting together is one of the best things to happen recently, offically now as well:)

I think that Gosho wants to kind of rush it a little now with him taking so many breaks recently, and i think hes scared he may be on hiatus for a while so he wanted this to up the intensity for when he comes back. I just hope he gets better and takes time to fully recover.
Dec 12, 2017 9:51 PM
Dec 2017
All I can say is now I am hyped as hell for the future chapters but thinking that DC might be reaching its end kinda makes me sad

Dec 12, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2011
Damn.
I can feels down my spine that we are finally getting to the finale of this manga.Now that all of the elements are here, even Shinichi's parent going to stay in Japan to help him..
I'm getting so excited for what is coming.
Dec 12, 2017 11:52 PM

Jun 2011
One of the long time fan theory finally come true!!! The end of this manga is finally here. (Unless Aoyama-sensei took a break everytime a new chapter is released).
Dec 13, 2017 1:14 AM
Sep 2017
This is a historical moment for all DC readers. How many years have we waited for this?! Looking back at it now it seems so obvious that that Karasuma Renya guy is the boss. So subtle, Gosho, masterly done.
Dec 13, 2017 3:12 AM
Dec 2016
Wow Aoyama finally decided to say something about the actual plot, DC migth end soon, don't know if I should be happy or sad.
Dec 13, 2017 6:51 AM

Aug 2017
Yeah it came out of nowhere
Yusaku saying the boss identity lol I was shocked o_O
With these important things now I wonder will this be the last arc ? or what gonna happen with Rum
I am so hyped shinichi's parent are staying too , I just hope things won't be rushed since there's still a lot of mysteries regarding the BO and some of their members
Dec 13, 2017 7:20 AM

Jun 2013
WTF? I'm so confused. Gosho revealed the identity of the boss... just? like? that??? I mean, it kind of felt misplaced and rushed. There are so many mysteries left and now we have to wait who knows how much time for them.

Dec 13, 2017 8:08 AM
Dec 2017
Karasuma was in my list of being the boss for a while but I wanted Yusaku or Agasa to be the boss!! If one of these two is the boss, and we notice that by Conan, it would be so epic. Even if Aoyama says that Karasuma is the boss, I still think that he must be hiding something, what means that he was the boss but he isn't anymore. I hope he would do that.
One thing that I don't like about the chapter is Yusaku himself. Even if I love his character (and more the possibility of him being the boss (I know Gosho denied that but if I were him I would say that too)), I don't like how he makes his son seems inferior to him. Sorry for my English, it is not my mother tongue
Dec 13, 2017 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
Finally we have confirmation of who the boss Anokata is.

Now we have to think of how to connect the age of Karasuma (99 years when he allegedly died 40 or 50 years ago) with the Apotoxin and Pandora's Box.
Dec 13, 2017 12:15 PM

Oct 2011
We found out who the boss of the BO is and the fuss around Kudo quieted down at least publicly. Everything is perfectly set for a big BO arc but Aoyama sensei is very sick so the manga is on hiatus. I guess he did it to give us things to discuss while we wait without having so big cliff hanger weighing over us

Kallen123 said:

One thing that I don't like about the chapter is Yusaku himself. Even if I love his character (and more the possibility of him being the boss (I know Gosho denied that but if I were him I would say that too)), I don't like how he makes his son seems inferior to him. Sorry for my English, it is not my mother tongue

What do you mean? Of course Shinichi is inferior to Yusaku. That has been proven many times. He is still learning while his dad is already a master. There have been at least 10 cases where his dad solves something just with a glance and lets Shinichi rack his brains trying to barely even understand the same thing
uzeeDec 13, 2017 12:19 PM

Dec 13, 2017 3:23 PM
Oct 2017
Finally aoyama gosho is tired of conan's endless case huh?
But heiji, why you not revealing about okita sooner? It would be thousands time easier for everyone.
And for anokata, isn't he died already? It's make me wonder what is the truth behind everything.
Dec 13, 2017 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
They actually revealed BO boss name!!!!!! OMG. Conan is approaching to an end. Hope gosho health improves so we can read this wonderful saga! I'm so hyped. I followed this manga for almost 20 years.
Dec 13, 2017 6:53 PM

Dec 2012
Kallen123 said:
Karasuma was in my list of being the boss for a while but I wanted Yusaku or Agasa to be the boss!! If one of these two is the boss, and we notice that by Conan, it would be so epic. Even if Aoyama says that Karasuma is the boss, I still think that he must be hiding something, what means that he was the boss but he isn't anymore. I hope he would do that.

aoyama himself said in his interview that agasa and yusaku not the boss
Dec 14, 2017 7:11 AM

Oct 2015
Ah, look's this manga will have a peak soon....
Dec 15, 2017 1:48 AM
Jul 2011
I am not sure how knowing boss's real name helps.
Most likely he is eternally young like Vermouth and uses fake identity.

Maybe rereading the detective gathering arc will reveal some hints about how the Black Organization was created.
Dec 15, 2017 8:15 AM

Jan 2013
Finally, the boss of the Black Organization!
Holy fuck I can't wait for the next chapter.
Looks like this manga is going to end. My all time favorite...
Dec 15, 2017 6:58 PM

Nov 2016
Can't believe that after all these years we've finally got the identity of the boss and that in a manner which I wasn't expecting at all. I also knew that according to Aoyama his name was already nentioned once during the story,but this guy was the last person I had on my radar.

I really want to read the next chapter now.
FMmatronDec 15, 2017 7:02 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 20, 2017 10:59 AM
May 2017
BO boss name is finally revealed and looks like this manga is going to end soon
Dec 22, 2017 6:41 AM

Apr 2017
you guys do realize that Karasuma Renya died over 40 years ago right, as stated in ch 300 and reiterated by Yusaku in this chapter, and even if he didn't die he was 99 years old at the time, no way he'd be alive, have some common sense will you, so in conclusion HE is not the boss but someone influential, a sponsor of sort, most likely the boss, is one of his descendants, though tbh, in my opinion i think the whole Karasuma Renya thing is one of Gosho's infamous red herrings
OrenoAnimeListDec 22, 2017 6:46 AM
Dec 25, 2017 1:05 PM
Dec 2017
I screamed so loud in our house when this came out. I mean, Mycroft just entered the game ya'll. Things are bound to get more exciting from now on. I actually cried out of excitement and my Mom laughed at me when I told her I've been waiting for this nearly climactic chapter to arrive since I was 7 (I'm 21 now).

Although I'm excited for the end, part of me still wants this to drag on but with Aoyama sensei's condition, you can't really tell.
Dec 27, 2017 8:44 PM

Feb 2011
Mikuru-chan said:
WTF? I'm so confused. Gosho revealed the identity of the boss... just? like? that??? I mean, it kind of felt misplaced and rushed. There are so many mysteries left and now we have to wait who knows how much time for them.

Quite agree. As much as I'm glad that there's actual development, the casualness of the name drop of Anokata was REALLY disappointing. I wanted an epic name drop reveal and moment of fear to equal Gin's most terrifying moments.

But hopefully the development will be good...
Jan 3, 2018 11:55 PM

Mar 2014
The case with the large number of detectives and the golden mansion was one of the most memorable cases of the history of Conan. Even Kaito Kid was involved. That should make things interesting and epic. Karasuma should be dead, so whether it‘s really him or a secret descendant is up in the air.

What will Furuya do? Who is Rum, and what role will the other two have?

The door has quite the design flaw. It‘s a shame that Maria-chan‘s grandparents have died. The case was cute.

And finally, the Kudo parents are gonna stay in Japan. And they have to live with Akai in there?
Jan 12, 2018 12:32 PM

Oct 2017
I still can't believe this...after all these years
I'm hyped for the future chapters

Mar 27, 2018 12:13 PM
Dec 2016
OrenoAnimeList said:
you guys do realize that Karasuma Renya died over 40 years ago right, as stated in ch 300 and reiterated by Yusaku in this chapter, and even if he didn't die he was 99 years old at the time, no way he'd be alive, have some common sense will you, so in conclusion HE is not the boss but someone influential, a sponsor of sort, most likely the boss, is one of his descendants, though tbh, in my opinion i think the whole Karasuma Renya thing is one of Gosho's infamous red herrings

But vermouth never ages and Has had the same appearance for decades so the boss could easily be the same and still be alive
Apr 2, 2018 1:40 PM
Feb 2014
Maaaaan.
Has it ever been stated if the drug just changes appearances or truly turns you into a kid (allowing you to live longer)?

I want the Conan is Shinichi reveal to be like: Yukiko calls Ran to their house, when she arrives there's Shinichi's parents standing there with Conan in the middle, without glasses, then he takes an antidote pill and says in his Shinichi voice "Ran, we have to talk", and cut to black.

I think that'd work so well in manga and anime.

Do you think Conan will go confront the organization without telling Ran everything?

Can this hiatus last like, 2 weeks tops, please?
Apr 3, 2018 5:42 AM

Apr 2017
Nobody5464 said:
OrenoAnimeList said:

But vermouth never ages and Has had the same appearance for decades so the boss could easily be the same and still be alive

Vermouth was around when APTX 4869 started getting developed so that could explain her not aging, but over 40 years ago there was no APTX 4869 and i doubt at 99 Karasuma Renya would live on until then, but he could've secretly got his hands on a similar drug at the time or something, but that's just a hypothesis and holds no solid ground, like i said i still believe the whole Karasuma Renya is a red herring, i mean that deciphered code was first thought to be related to asaca and rum, and now got retconned to Karasuma Renya, the way i see it, Gosho is just pulling our legs here, but who knows.
OrenoAnimeListApr 3, 2018 5:49 AM
Apr 3, 2018 12:04 PM
Dec 2016
OrenoAnimeList said:
Nobody5464 said:

Vermouth was around when APTX 4869 started getting developed so that could explain her not aging, but over 40 years ago there was no APTX 4869 and i doubt at 99 Karasuma Renya would live on until then, but he could've secretly got his hands on a similar drug at the time or something, but that's just a hypothesis and holds no solid ground, like i said i still believe the whole Karasuma Renya is a red herring, i mean that deciphered code was first thought to be related to asaca and rum, and now got retconned to Karasuma Renya, the way i see it, Gosho is just pulling our legs here, but who knows.

It could totally be a trick but it could be real to. And it wouldn’t be a retcon it would be Conan and Akai not figuring it out right when they first heard it
Sep 23, 2019 5:55 PM

Feb 2011
It's cool that the Kudou family is going to be together in one place for a while!
眠れないのは君のせい
Nov 16, 2023 10:32 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to OrenoAnimeList
@OrenoAnimeList It's too narrow-minded to jump to conclusions. He could have faked his death. It's rare, but not impossible for someone to live around a hundred years. Moreover, he's a multi-millionaire who can certainly get all the best advanced technology to support his life. It's very possible since the technology in Conan's world is better than ours. There is a theory that even says BO is shrinking too. That's why Vermouth kept Conan and Ai's existence a secret because it could disrupt BO's cover. However, I don't reject the possibility that the real Karasuma is dead so Karasuma is nothing more than a scapegoat for the current BO.
Nov 16, 2023 10:40 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to Dragon
Mikuru-chan said:

Quite agree. As much as I'm glad that there's actual development, the casualness of the name drop of Anokata was REALLY disappointing. I wanted an epic name drop reveal and moment of fear to equal Gin's most terrifying moments.

But hopefully the development will be good...
@Dragon I disagree with you guys. Not everything has to be epic. A casual reveal like this also has its own atmosphere. It's more mysterious. It's also not misplaced or rushed because the timing is right.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 864 Discussion

k11chi - Jul 24, 2013

2 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 863 Discussion

Utsune - Jun 30, 2013

4 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 24, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 862 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Jun 23, 2013

11 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 2:54 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 861 Discussion

takarabako - Jun 18, 2013

5 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 860 Discussion

uzee - Jun 8, 2013

3 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 17, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.