Forum Settings
Forums

What anime made you really sad or awoke an emotion after watching it?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 6, 2017 8:19 AM

Aug 2014
Without a doubt Clannad Afterstory. If you've seen it you'll know why. Shit tore me apart ;__;
Dec 6, 2017 8:23 AM

Sep 2011
iron blooded orphans bummed me out for the day i watched it, fafner exodus frequently ruined my mood watching the 2nd half weekly, those are the only ones in recent memory that got me. Not anime but FFXV fucked me up for like 2 days

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 6, 2017 8:26 AM

Dec 2016
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and to a extremely large extent, Hunter x Hunter (2011). Didn't watch anime for 2 weeks after its completion lol. Oh yea and JoJo's.
Dec 6, 2017 8:29 AM

Jul 2016
Code Geass, seeing how great Europe could've been, hadn't we thrown everything away because of infighting.
Dec 6, 2017 8:31 AM

Apr 2010
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane and Zetsuen No Tempest.
The former for simply being depressing,the latter...Well...It's the beginning of the 3rd month since I've downloaded this show,I'm stuck at episode 21 and I got a feeling I'm gonna fall apart if I saw the final 3 episodes.
Dec 6, 2017 8:34 AM

Jun 2017
Orange, anohana , naruto shippuden and doki doki literature club.
Just some guy from Lithuania.
Dec 6, 2017 8:44 AM

Sep 2015
I had to drop Aku no Hana at first cause the heavy oppressive atmosphere of it and the Mc’s actions kept making me think of small or large mistakes I’ve made in the past that I did not want to revisit. Eventually got over that and finished it but I had dropped it for months because of that.
Dec 6, 2017 8:56 AM
May 2016
The top three that set off my feelers woud be:
3) Anohana
2) Clannad+After Story
And the one that crashed my anime binging for a couple months
1) Koe no Katachi
Kinda surprised it took this long to make the list...
Either way time to see how Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso fares
Thanks for the tip-off all, I saw the name a while back and really didnt think anything of it, but now I'll have to give it a go
Dec 6, 2017 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
Clannad and your lie in april the two biggest murderer in Anime ever for me
Dec 6, 2017 8:57 AM

Oct 2015
Anime is a source of my depression.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Dec 6, 2017 8:58 AM
May 2009
End of Evangelion gave me two nights of nightmares, a sort of existential crisis and for some reason a fear of ever becoming a parent.. :D so that's close enough I guess. I still loved that movie.
Dec 6, 2017 8:58 AM

Feb 2015
HMMM~ From what I can remember...

Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
K Project
Iron-Blooded Orphans
Hunter x Hunter
Akame ga Kill

I cried so much for these...

Then there's Boku no Pico... Which gave me depression in a whole other way...
Dec 6, 2017 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
I would have to say Full Metal Alchemist. While watching the final episode it was really giving off hints that things were gonna end tragically. The one thing I was praying would happen was that no matter what Ed & Alphonse would always be together. And well if you've watched the show you know how it ended. It definitely put me in serious depression for at least an hour give or take. Luckily, a little while later I watched FMA: The Conqueror of Shamballa and it helped a lot. Now granted, Winry being left behind was really sad. But I cared more that the brothers were reunited.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 9:45 AM
Oct 2015
I've never had depression after watch a particular anime ,however there are some of them who made me feel sad, I even cried with some of them such as : 5 centimeter per Second ,Angel beats, Ano hana , School days , Clannad After Story
Dec 6, 2017 9:51 AM

Dec 2016
I have to say for some reason the ending of Gundam Unicorn brought a tear to my eye. I can't really explain it but I hate how the protagonist chose the rich annoying girl and not the awesome girl who truly loved him.

It put me off Gundam so bad I've never watched any Gundam series since.
Dec 6, 2017 9:56 AM

May 2016
I was a bit sad when I finished Gintama, tho I wouldn't say I was depressed or anything.

orz
Dec 6, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2015
Zankyou no terror
It broke me, it took me severa times to rewatch the whole anime and finally let myslef cry. It hit me so hard

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Dec 6, 2017 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
clearly death note, cant even describie it
i also felt pretty shit after zankyou no terror
Dec 6, 2017 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Dec 6, 2017 10:09 AM

Dec 2016
Hunter x Hunter 2011 almost gave me a depression.....but not exactly for good reasons.
Dec 6, 2017 10:23 AM
Jul 2015
the animes that gave me serious depression were:

oni chi chi

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Anata to Koibito Tsunagi

Bishoujo Hyouryuuki

Stringendo: Angel-tachi no Private Lesson

mochibei

and boku no pico.

right now i'm still spiraling into deep dark depression

Dec 6, 2017 10:32 AM
Jun 2017
The ending of Your Lie in April hit me right in the feels, didn't get depression though.
Dec 6, 2017 10:33 AM
Nov 2017
PoKiBlueman said:
the animes that gave me serious depression were:

oni chi chi

Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: Anata to Koibito Tsunagi

Bishoujo Hyouryuuki

Stringendo: Angel-tachi no Private Lesson

mochibei

and boku no pico.

right now i'm still spiraling into deep dark depression

Awww i feel bad for you, i hope you will get out of it :)
Dec 6, 2017 10:33 AM
Nov 2017
neon-kun said:
Hunter x Hunter 2011 almost gave me a depression.....but not exactly for good reasons.

Yeah it's weird because somethimes you don't really know why it gave you that feeling
Dec 6, 2017 10:35 AM
Nov 2017
dennyfftl said:
clearly death note, cant even describie it
i also felt pretty shit after zankyou no terror

I have always mixed feelings afterwards, i mean the anime was good but was it actually a good thing to watch it you know xD
Dec 6, 2017 10:36 AM
Nov 2017
Makoto_Free said:
Zankyou no terror
It broke me, it took me severa times to rewatch the whole anime and finally let myslef cry. It hit me so hard

Aww, but did it felt good do? Somethimes it's for the best to release all of your emotions
Dec 6, 2017 10:37 AM
Nov 2017
Cbr_Star said:
I have to say for some reason the ending of Gundam Unicorn brought a tear to my eye. I can't really explain it but I hate how the protagonist chose the rich annoying girl and not the awesome girl who truly loved him.

It put me off Gundam so bad I've never watched any Gundam series since.

Yeah that sucks, it's somethimes so annoying how a producer can give you that feeling
Dec 6, 2017 10:39 AM
Nov 2017
KoolBreeze said:
I would have to say Full Metal Alchemist. While watching the final episode it was really giving off hints that things were gonna end tragically. The one thing I was praying would happen was that no matter what Ed & Alphonse would always be together. And well if you've watched the show you know how it ended. It definitely put me in serious depression for at least an hour give or take. Luckily, a little while later I watched FMA: The Conqueror of Shamballa and it helped a lot. Now granted, Winry being left behind was really sad. But I cared more that the brothers were reunited.

I feel you man, after i got really depressed once i told myself to always switch it up with another more leightweighted anime or else it really sucks you up
Dec 6, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
After rewatching Code Geass lately, the ending made me feel very sad and left me with a feeling of emptiness for quite a while (days). It didn't even hit me that much the first time I watched it so I was actually surprised by my emotional response. That made me think about just how much the current state of one's life influences the way a given anime affects you. Like, if you are going through some hard moments (the loss of a close relative for example) then an anime where a character (especially one you can relate to) goes through a similar situation will hit you harder than it otherwise would've.
Dec 6, 2017 10:43 AM
May 2017
Welcome to the NHK actually relapsed me into depression,no joke. I just saw myself so much in Misaki and I couldn't bear it. I love the Anime with all my heart,but I try not to think about it too much. All the suicidal imagery hit really close to home.
SexySunoharaDec 6, 2017 10:53 AM
Dec 6, 2017 10:43 AM
Nov 2017
Mirai said:
None the only disease I've gotten from anime is cancer

Aww i am sorry for you dude, that must be very depressing
Dec 6, 2017 10:45 AM

Sep 2015
KeepoKelp said:
Makoto_Free said:
Zankyou no terror

Aww, but did it felt good do? Somethimes it's for the best to release all of your emotions

Well it was strange tho, I'am someone who cries even way too easily when it comes to anime considering the poker face I usually have in real life lol, but znt was special somehow dunno. It was a mix of shook, considering how the first ten minutes of the last episode were so peaceful and then bang, all dead.
And damn, nine screaming for twelve's death was just beatiful, kudos to the seiyuu
[https://rguanime.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/kaylith-zankyou-no-terror-11-720pe2c4510d-mkv_snapshot_18-17_2015-04-26_18-20-45.jpg]http:/https://rguanime.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/kaylith-zankyou-no-terror-11-720pe2c4510d-mkv_snapshot_18-17_2015-04-26_18-20-45.jpg/Path/To/Picture.jpg[/img]

similiar to odasaku's heartbreaking reaction in bungo stray dogs :'(

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Dec 6, 2017 10:45 AM
Nov 2017
Agafin said:
After rewatching Code Geass lately, the ending made me feel very sad and left me with a feeling of emptiness for quite a while (days). It didn't even hit me that much the first time I watched it so I was actually surprised by my emotional response. That made me think about just how much the current state of one's life influences the way a given anime affects you. Like, if you are going through some hard moments (the loss of a close relative for example) then an anime where a character (especially one you can relate to) goes through a similar situation will hit you harder than it otherwise would've.

That is exactly what some anime producers try to play on. It's indeed so relatable somethimes that it hurts especially when it's very dramatized
Dec 6, 2017 10:46 AM
Nov 2017
Boku no Pico..............I watched all 3 episodes
Dec 6, 2017 11:21 AM
Nov 2017
Makoto_Free said:
KeepoKelp said:

Well it was strange tho, I'am someone who cries even way too easily when it comes to anime considering the poker face I usually have in real life lol, but znt was special somehow dunno. It was a mix of shook, considering how the first ten minutes of the last episode were so peaceful and then bang, all dead.
And damn, nine screaming for twelve's death was just beatiful, kudos to the seiyuu
[https://rguanime.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/kaylith-zankyou-no-terror-11-720pe2c4510d-mkv_snapshot_18-17_2015-04-26_18-20-45.jpg]http:/https://rguanime.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/kaylith-zankyou-no-terror-11-720pe2c4510d-mkv_snapshot_18-17_2015-04-26_18-20-45.jpg/Path/To/Picture.jpg[/img]

similiar to odasaku's heartbreaking reaction in bungo stray dogs :'(

I can relate to that. I can easily get emotional in anime. But in real life i am not the one who shows his emotions easily.
Dec 6, 2017 12:58 PM

Nov 2015
I don't know about depression from sad anime. I mean, there are series that make me cry, sure (Anohana, Assassination Classroom, Kimi no Na Wa, Gundam IBO) but they never have lasting impacts. I don't know if this is just me, but I tend to get depressed from the shows that are more psychologically impactful. I think I just get way to invested in the characters/plot, so sudden major and irreversible changes kinda seriously mess me up (I don't mean give me clinical depression or anything, they just kinda...break me mentally - I don't know how else to describe it). Code Geass, for example, kinda hurt to watch.
I wouldn't stop crying for a while. Even after I all that, it took me a while to finish the series, cause I just kept feeling that heavy despair come back to me, especially with all the other high-strung scenes in the rest of the show. It's been almost a year and I still can't listen to the season 1 OP without tearing up, and it's hard to watch any clips from the anime.

The only other example of this is when I finally watched Death Note this summer. I had all the time in the world to binge it, and I got really addicted to it (guess it was the constant tension and the extremely fast pacing). When I finally finished it, I had been binging for hours. Watching the last 2 episodes was the most stressful and heart pounding thing I've ever done.
even now I'm physically uncomfortable writing this and having to remember how stressful this was to watch. I was in such shock that I just sat there and couldn't finish the last episode for a good hour (I had to physically force myself to finally watch it). After I did, I was really shaken - I couldn't think about anything else for days - and I might've considered myself to have depression just because of how deeply it impacted me mentally and psychologically.

I guess this is a kind of weird thing, but I was just curious if anyone has ever felt this way before? I believe that any work of fiction - movie, books, TV shows, anime - can have an emotional impact on you if they are well constructed and are something you enjoy immensely. Or maybe I'm just really weird for getting so emotionally and psychologically invested in these types of shows...
ISOQuorraFeb 3, 2018 2:33 PM
Dec 6, 2017 1:20 PM

Nov 2017
Shelter. I wasn't hit by it immediately, but the rainstorm did eventually begin later when I started thinking about it.
Dec 6, 2017 1:24 PM

Sep 2017
Summer 2017 anime. It made me feel disappointed and depressed.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Dec 6, 2017 1:26 PM
Nov 2017
ISOQuorra said:
I don't know about depression from sad anime. I mean, there are series that make me cry, sure (Anohana, Assassination Classroom, Kimi no Na Wa, Gundam IBO) but they never have lasting impacts. I don't know if this is just me, but I tend to get depressed from the shows that are more psychologically impactful. I think I just get way to invested in the characters/plot, so sudden major and irreversible changes kinda mess me up (I don't mean give me clinical depression or anything, they just kinda...break me mentally - I don't know how else to describe it). Code Geass, for example, kinda hurt to watch. During the episode when
I would not stop crying, and after that, I couldn't watch for a while, cause I just kept feeling that heavy despair come back to me. Even now, I can't listen to the opening without tearing up, and it's hard to watch any episode clips. The only other example of this is when I finally watched Death Note this summer. I had all the time in the world to binge it, and I got really addicted to it (guess it was the constant tension and the extremely fast pacing) When I finally finished it, I had been binging for hours. Watching the last 2 episodes was the most stressful and heart pounding thing I've ever done. Right before the last episode when
I was in such shock that I just sat there and couldn't finish the last episode for a good hour (I had to force myself to finally watch it - afterwards, I was still pretty shaken, and I can't watch any clips or even hear the soundtrack). Sorry, I know this is an unusually long thing to post on a forum, but I was just curious if anyone has ever felt this way before? I believe that any work of fiction - movie, books, TV shows, anime - can have an emotional impact on you if they are well constructed and are something you enjoy imensely. Or maybe I'm just really weird for getting so emotionally and psychologically invested in these types of shows...

You don't have to apologize for posting long messages on forums :) . That is actually the reason why i made this thread. I am really interested in your story and your experience. I can't say i can completely relate to you but i had a similar experience with a book i read. I am not sure why i get certain emotions when reading certain books or watching certain anime.
Dec 6, 2017 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
No anime ever has made me feel more sad and empty than Sennen Joyuu did.
Dec 6, 2017 3:19 PM

Nov 2017
Your Lie in April that ending killed me on the inside
Dec 6, 2017 3:20 PM

Feb 2015
What is Aria.
TFW

Also, 5cm/s because that's almost my love life in a nutshell.
And probably others, but I don't feel like searching through my list now.
Dec 6, 2017 3:22 PM

Feb 2015
Not really the whole series, but Haruhi EE Arc is just so touching after finishing 8 EPs without skipping it I felt complete.
Dec 7, 2017 2:42 AM

Jul 2013
- Fate/Zero. I don't like Kiritsugu that much but it really hurts to see his dream and the town crumbles like that.
- 5 cm/s (it was one of my first anime). Damn I can relate too much to some of its characters' way of thinking.

Those two anime made me rethink about my dream, life choice, and my long time irl crush.
Dec 7, 2017 2:49 AM

Oct 2013
Grave of the Fireflies, Anohana, Haibane Renmei, Hotarubi no Mori e, In This Corner of the World.... there have been a few. Some also left me with a slightly depressed feeling though the anime did not have any tragic ending - a good example would be Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise.
Dec 7, 2017 2:56 AM

Jul 2016
KousakaK said:
Berserk 2016 made me depressed and unable to watch anime for about a month because it was so shit.

+1
the anime not the manga *_______________*

(Berserk fan)

for me it was Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
soo good

so good
Alucard2490Dec 7, 2017 3:15 AM
Dec 7, 2017 3:14 AM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
The bad anime is the one that always gave me depression after watching it.

Depression of it won't be even concluded so you can laugh on it then move on and because it was so bad that it was etched into your memories.

Me?
I guess all the drama stuff..
I remember waking up crying after watching Kamisama no nai nichiyobi.

Some were like.
Shinsekai Yori, the awoken emotions was mixed, i can t really describe it.

Ansatsu no Kyousitsu i cried watching the last episode holding my years on bed.

Then Scum wish idk why i felt like its kinda sad.. just sad and yeah i did also holding tears.

Koi to Uso seems sad i also tried to hold my tear but now that i remember the whole conclusion it's laughable than sad.

Gurren Lagann ending..

Grisaia i guess? It's pretty interesting relationship he got there with his mentor.

New game 2nd season, god i didn't expect that in 2nd season despite anticipated Yagami changes of emotion.

Planetarian, this one almost gave me crippling depression. Least the ending fix it.

Shuumatsu (Sukasuka) Rip.

I felt like i am an emotional person due easly get attached to emotional stuff even in real life despite being a dense and easy going person.
Dec 7, 2017 4:00 AM
Dec 2017
Menzo- said:
KeepoKelp said:

Why do you say that? I mean movies can depress people too, so isn't anime the same thing?
WizMacer said:

Because we felt the emotion. It's that sensitive.
xtrapsp said:

I disagree with this comment, the feeling of something you enjoy finishing can be depressing.

The narrative can be depressing as well, I found the ending of Cowboy Bebop depressing, whilst becoming depressed is probably the wrong phrase, I would definitely say the act of feeling depressed is definitely viable.

Depression is not just, oh that made me feel sad and now I'm a bit upset, it's a little more than that. "Serious depression" is probably not the right choice of words in this situation. Depression is a long lasting mental health issue and does need professional help.

You've simply paraphrased what I said.
Dec 7, 2017 4:49 AM
Jan 2017
not anime but Oyasumi Punpun left me 2-3 days in denial. lol
Dec 7, 2017 5:00 AM
Jul 2017
Clannad. That's all about it. Nothing so far has me depressed for an entire week like a suicidal kid on the edge.
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

49 by Zimmu »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

44 by Gensouori »»
6 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

47 by LoveYourEyes »»
13 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

36 by Lhundrup »»
14 minutes ago

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

21 by Horshu »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.