Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2017 3:07 PM

Jan 2013
Saint_Nepunepu said:
Klad said:
New anime's are getting more and more full CGI animation. That's the sign of anime dying for me. It loses the 'anime' feel if you know what I'm saying

Most of the 3DCG in anime is used for things other than characters, and there are still many shows that use almost no 3DCG.
And this show is full CGI. And so are the future shows from the looks of it
Dec 1, 2017 4:41 PM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Ezekiel said:
Batman and Harley Quinn looked really stiff and rough. I think it began with the second or third season of Batman Beyond, when they switched to a different Chinese animation company.
Not one of my favorite Batman animated movies but I didn't find Batman and Harley Quinn stiff at all. They have never used any Chinese animation companies.
Pretty sure they used Chinese companies. Maybe I'm wrong. But I listened to several commentary tracks from Batman TAS and remember the creators saying how some episodes looked better than others because they switched companies. If not Chinese, then Korean, as someone said above. You could have just said that if you knew it. I never listened to any commentary for Batman Beyond. (I didn't like the show much either.) But I can tell they switched to a different company just by how bad the show suddenly started to look.

Dec 1, 2017 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
Ezekiel said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Not one of my favorite Batman animated movies but I didn't find Batman and Harley Quinn stiff at all. They have never used any Chinese animation companies.
Pretty sure they used Chinese companies. Maybe I'm wrong. But I listened to several commentary tracks from Batman TAS and remember the creators saying how some episodes looked better than others because they switched companies. If not Chinese, then Korean, as someone said above. You could have just said that if you knew it. I never listened to any commentary for Batman Beyond. (I didn't like the show much either.) But I can tell they switched to a different company just by how bad the show suddenly started to look.
They had used Japanese and Korean animation studios but never Chinese. I never noticed any major drop between seasons in Batman Beyond. Anyway imo the modern Batman animated movies I mentioned look better than this and don't look cheap at all.
Dec 1, 2017 4:59 PM

Dec 2012
My first thought: "How will the bat retain his no-kill policy using a sharpass katana?"

Does he steal Kenshin's reverse blade or something?
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 1, 2017 5:06 PM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
I never noticed any major drop between seasons in Batman Beyond.
Then I don't think you're one to judge what good animation is.

Dec 1, 2017 5:08 PM

Jul 2013
Everyone seems to be complaining about the animation, but to me, the animation is the only good thing about this. It looks super stylistic. Everything else seems cheesy lol.
Dec 1, 2017 5:10 PM

Apr 2017
danananananananannanananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananana

Look's good!
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Dec 1, 2017 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
Ezekiel said:
DrGeroCreation said:
I never noticed any major drop between seasons in Batman Beyond.
I know it's better animation than this and to be fair I haven't seen Batman Beyond in years. Batman Beyond isn't a new DC American animated movie like the ones I posted though, so not really relevant to what you were talking about in your first post.
Dec 1, 2017 5:15 PM

Jun 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Ezekiel said:
They had used Japanese and Korean animation studios but never Chinese. I never noticed any major drop between seasons in Batman Beyond. Anyway imo the modern Batman animated movies I mentioned look better than this and don't look cheap at all.

What? Now this makes absolutely no sense at all.
Dec 1, 2017 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
Kagami said:

What doesn't make sense at all to you?
Dec 1, 2017 5:18 PM

Sep 2008
His suit looks more like Edo era samurai than a ninja...
Dec 1, 2017 5:22 PM

Jun 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
Kagami said:

What doesn't make sense at all to you?

If I remember right, didn't the animation for Batman Beyond get worse as it went along? Unless I'm remembering wrong, I thought there was a dropoff.
Dec 1, 2017 5:24 PM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Ezekiel said:
I know it's better animation than this and to be fair I haven't seen Batman Beyond in years. Batman Beyond isn't a new DC American animated movie like the ones I posted though, so not really relevant to what you were talking about in your first post.
It's relevant because I believe that's when WB started being so cheap with their animations. Their new animations don't hold a candle to the old. That Harley Quinn and Batman movie should look better than the old TV show, because it's a movie, but it looks worse.

Dec 1, 2017 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
Ezekiel said:
DrGeroCreation said:
It's relevant because I believe that's when WB started being so cheap with their animations. Their new animations don't hold a candle to the old. That Harley Quinn and Batman movie should look better than the old TV show, because it's a movie, but it looks worse.
The Batman Harley Quinn movie looked just like the New Batman Adventures. Also what other modern Batman animated movies or cartoons have you seen? Please don't come with the nostalgia BS of every batman cartoon has to look like Batman TAS to be good.

Kagami said:
If I remember right, didn't the animation for Batman Beyond get worse as it went along? Unless I'm remembering wrong, I thought there was a dropoff.
I haven't seen it in years so I can't remember.
Dec 1, 2017 5:35 PM

Sep 2014
When the mecha shows up, It was a "Nope!" for me. But after, I saw the person on the screenplay.....
Dec 1, 2017 5:36 PM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Ezekiel said:
The Batman Harley Quinn movie looked just like the New Batman Adventures. Also what other modern Batman movies or cartoons have you seen? Please don't come with the nostalgia BS of every batman cartoon has to look like Batman TAS to be good.
No, the animation in the New Batman Adventures looked quite a lot better than the Harley Quinn movie, even if I wasn't that fond of the new art style.

Dec 1, 2017 5:38 PM

May 2015
Actually seems pretty cool and there is a lot of important people behind that
Dec 1, 2017 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
Ezekiel said:
No, the animation in the New Batman Adventures looked quite a lot better than the Harley Quinn movie, even if I wasn't that fond of the new art style.
I don't believe so. Also it's funny how you are only talking about that movie when you are generalizing all modern Batman animated movies when it's obvious you have haven't seen them.

Is this bad animation to you?

Dec 1, 2017 5:42 PM
Aug 2013
id prefer 2d but man I'll watch it. Batman is one of the few western IPs that still spark my interest
Imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.
Dec 1, 2017 5:44 PM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Ezekiel said:
I don't believe so. Also it's funny how you are only talking about that movie when you are generalizing all modern Batman animated movies when it's obvious you have haven't seen them.
The thing is that I don't want to look at any of those movies for more than a moment, because they're visually unappealing. The Killing Joke movie too. Why else would I stop watching Batman after going through all of TAS, TNBA and most of Beyond last year? I wanted more Batman. The animators are a bunch of cheapskates.

Dec 1, 2017 5:47 PM

Aug 2013
Ezekiel said:
DrGeroCreation said:
The thing is that I don't want to look at any of those movies for more than a moment, because they're visually unappealing. The Killing Joke movie too.
So your opinion holds no weight then since you don't even watch them. Funny how you ignored the clip I posted from Batman vs Robin animated movie.
Dec 1, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Funny how you ignored the clip I posted from Batman vs Robin animated movie.
Actually, I looked at both of the videos briefly and wasn't impressed. Animation standards have dropped a lot on both sides of the world.

Dec 1, 2017 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
Ezekiel said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Funny how you ignored the clip I posted from Batman vs Robin animated movie.
Actually, I looked at both of the videos briefly and wasn't impressed. Animation standards have dropped a lot on both sides of the world.
Well that's just your opinion and since you haven't seen any of the new Batman movies beside Batman vs Harley Quinn I take it with a grain of salt. Animated New 52 Batman actually has a more realistic character design and not the overly square look of Batman TAS Batman.
Dec 1, 2017 6:03 PM

Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
Ezekiel said:
Well that's just your opinion and since you haven't seen any of the new Batman movies beside Batman vs Harley Quinn I take it with a grain of salt.
I think digital animation made them lazy. The colors and lines are ugly.

Animated New 52 Batman actually has a more realistic character design and not the overly square look of Batman TAS Batman.
Character design isn't the same thing as animation. Having said that, I don't like some of the new designs, such as Catwoman now wearing goggles.

Edit: Oh, also... I didn't watch the Harley Quinn and Batman movie, I just watched some clips on YouTube and decided it was ugly.
EzekielDec 1, 2017 6:14 PM

Dec 1, 2017 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAAAAIT TO SEE THIS...is what I think. ^^;;
Dec 1, 2017 6:31 PM

Aug 2013
@Ezekiel That's fan art. This is how Batman looks in the new 52 animated movies.

Well that's your opinion, I don't find they look ugly.

Ezekiel said:
]Character design isn't the same thing as animation. Having said that, I don't like some of the new designs, such as Catwoman now wearing goggles.

Edit: Oh, also... I didn't watch the Harley Quinn and Batman movie, I just watched some clips on YouTube and decided it was ugly.
I'm aware of that and never stated that character design and animation was the same but just that animated new 52 Batman's character design is better than Batman TAS Batman's character design. It's funny though how you bring up animation yet haven't shown animation from Batman TAS that look as good as the clip from Batman vs Robin that I posted. In cartoons Catwoman only wore goggles in The Batman and DC Showcase Batman. Catwoman from the animated Adam West movies doesn't wear googles. I like DC showcase Catwoman's goggles but I don't like the one from the Batman.

Well I can't take you seriously then since you haven't even watched any modern Batman animated movies or animated tv series to make such a generalized claim just from seeing a clip or two on Youtube.
DrGeroCreationDec 1, 2017 6:34 PM
Dec 1, 2017 6:39 PM

Nov 2008
YouTube clips are plenty. But that's fine, I can't take you seriously either, since you can't even tell there was a downgrade after the first season of Batman Beyond and are obviously a DC fanboy. I maintain that the digital animation and coloring look poor.

Dec 1, 2017 6:46 PM

Aug 2013
Ezekiel said:
YouTube clips are plenty. But that's fine, I can't take you seriously either, since you can't even tell there was a downgrade after the first season of Batman Beyond and are obviously a DC fanboy. I maintain that the digital animation and coloring look poor.
Oh yeah because watching 5 minute clips is the equivalent of watching an hour and more long movie. I haven't seen Batman Beyond in years to remember. LOL @ the fanboy strawman. You can maintain whatever you want but I have actually watched the modern Batman animated movies fully (not just clips) so I would say my opinion does carry more weight. Anyway this has gone really offtopic so I'm ending this conversation here.
Dec 1, 2017 6:52 PM

Nov 2008
Young people really love saying that word, don't they?

Again, YouTube clips are plenty. It's insane to expect someone to fully watch a movie they find visually unappealing.

Dec 1, 2017 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
Ezekiel said:
Young people really love saying that word, don't they?

Again, YouTube clips are plenty. It's insane to expect someone to fully watch a movie they find visually unappealing.
Anyone regardless of age says that word when it's obviously being applied in a argument. A Youtube clip is not even a quarter of a more than hour long movie. You are complaining about the animation (not art) so how ca you fully judge the animation from one clip. That's like judging Hai no Grimgar's animation from only looking at this .

DrGeroCreationDec 1, 2017 7:22 PM
Dec 1, 2017 9:09 PM
Sufferu

Sep 2013
it actually looks decent. im use to thiss type of 3d animation kinda like ajin and Sidonia. but maybe better <3
Dec 1, 2017 9:18 PM

Sep 2015
Well ever since seeing the JoJo OPs I've been wondering what a much longer project with that animation would look like and well here we go. Looks pretty cool.
Dec 1, 2017 10:27 PM

Oct 2015
The staff working on it is pretty good too imo
Dec 1, 2017 10:47 PM

Nov 2011
It look pretty awesome. Unlike some people I don't mind CGI.

Dec 2, 2017 1:13 AM

Nov 2017
Klad said:

I already said that this is not representative of anime. The vast majority of anime is hand-drawn.
Dec 2, 2017 1:52 AM

Mar 2015
arent they already made batman animation some years ago? was batman that popular in japan? i hope it's not a flop...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 2, 2017 2:00 AM
Aug 2017
I hate CGI but this looks quite good , and since i'm a huge Batman fan that means i'll definitely check it out . It would've been nice if it had been in 2D animation though :(
Dec 2, 2017 2:18 AM

Jan 2013
Saint_Nepunepu said:
Klad said:

I already said that this is not representative of anime. The vast majority of anime is hand-drawn.
Sigh, have you been reading what I said? In the future anime will become more and more full CGI, meaning that number of hand drawn shows will lessen noticeably. You can see it even now that with each new season, full CGI shows are increasing.
Dec 2, 2017 2:23 AM

Nov 2017
Klad said:
Sigh, have you been reading what I said? In the future anime will become more and more full CGI, meaning that number of hand drawn shows will lessen noticeably. You can see it even now that with each new season, full CGI shows are increasing.

There's no reason why anime would become 3DCG. People base this entirely on what happened to the American movie animation industry, which has nothing to do with the anime industry.
Dec 2, 2017 2:25 AM

Jan 2013
Saint_Nepunepu said:
Klad said:

There's no reason why anime would become 3DCG. People base this entirely on what happened to the American movie animation industry, which has nothing to do with the anime industry.
We don't know that but I hope you're right
Dec 2, 2017 8:51 AM

Aug 2010
looks pretty ugly....
im getting flash backs of the marvel anime too
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Dec 3, 2017 3:37 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Think the misspelled samurai. I mean, he's dressed like one in the poster.
Dec 3, 2017 5:16 AM

Jan 2017
it looks decent and i like the premise. i will definitely watch it. i hope they bring mark hamill and kevin conroy for the dub version.
Dec 3, 2017 5:33 AM

Sep 2011
Klad said:
Saint_Nepunepu said:

Not really, if anything its becoming more and more separated as alot of the CGI studios are new and are forming their own individual works. Theres alot more anime output now than there was in the past while there are more CGI shows theres really a lower average than in the past, people tend to neglect how prominent cgi was in the late 2000's. Nowadays we just see more full CGI works and full 2d works completely independent of the other. The overlap still happens but its pretty much only just for like a car in a brief shot and thats about it but that was done even in like the 90s

The only thing this complaint holds true to is mechas, cause only trigger and sunrise do 2d mechs anymore
JizzyHitlerDec 3, 2017 5:38 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 3, 2017 5:42 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty hyped for it to be honest, though kind of would prefer to see a dub of it even if I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be Japanese in it(or at least speaking Japanese.. Maybe.. Don't know!q!!q!)
Dec 3, 2017 6:05 AM
Oct 2013
This Movie doesn´t look or sound good. but it has potential.
It´s something different and humans are opposed to change.

If taken as a new foreign interpretation it´s fine.
As far as the animation goes. If they stylise it and shoot particular scenes from interesting angles it can look good.

The trailer seems like a mixed bag to me and should be judged when the full Movie gets released.
Dec 3, 2017 8:56 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Lego Batman has ruined all future iterations of animated Batman. It's too perfect.
Dec 3, 2017 11:56 PM

Mar 2016
Monzer42 said:
Honestly I hope this is just a cheesy, fun Batman flick like the Tim Burton ones. That's the Batman I love the most. Superhero movies are always lackluster when they try to get too serious.

Have you watched Batman: Under the red Hood? I thought it was really good. As were Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Parts 1 and 2.

In fact, I prefer them to the Christopher Nolan movies.
Dec 5, 2017 1:54 AM

Apr 2014
Moved from Anime Discussion
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Dec 5, 2017 1:58 AM

Mar 2016
@Gaiking @NoLiferSoul

Cool, thank you!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ninja Batman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 24, 2018

67 by SSLay »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:33 PM

» A Question about Batman .

_syedmuhammad__ - Aug 29, 2021

4 by Guts-Valley »»
Oct 24, 2021 5:43 AM

» Critics are loving this Anime

Jhon_Bacon - Apr 15, 2018

20 by Ronninn »»
Oct 12, 2021 9:07 AM

» joker looks like yagi

KuroudoAkabane - Aug 10, 2018

0 by KuroudoAkabane »»
Aug 10, 2018 8:14 AM

» Blu-Ray and DVD Info

Shinmurai-kuN - May 4, 2018

2 by tsubasalover »»
May 11, 2018 1:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.