Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 24, 2007 4:42 PM
Apr 2007
as always a great episode, the only thing I didn't like was that mikami was a little bit to obsessive about light(kami -.-")
but damn that light brains and a playa >.<

ps that guy that was with mello looked a little bit like L don't ya think
May 24, 2007 4:53 PM

Oct 2006
I didn't think it was so great.
Mikami dropped points for me after this after this. He's way too obsessed indeed.
Plus I didn't like how they removed all the bugs in the room just like that. Even though they suspect Light. And how come Mello managed to put a bug in Misa's appartment they searched the all the place for the death note not long ago (they missed it? how convinent..). Or is it that it was put later on, with a cop stantding tere 24/7...

I dunno, perhaps I'm expecting too much... or overlooking facts...
Either way it was an ok episode. Looking foward to the next one.
May 24, 2007 6:01 PM

Mar 2007
I love the ep! Teru might have been a little too obsessed, but he has proven to be quite intelligent as well. Being able to grasp the situation in moments where information is scarce is an excellent asset for someone in his position.
I can't imagine that his old bullies and his mom were &quot;judged&quot; by light......but I can imagine teru's belief in a God that's watching him if things like that happen around him all the time (heck, if everyone who I thought should die, actually did die (without me telling it anyone or me killing them myself), I would belief this couldn't all be coincidences as well o.O ). He simply had a lot of strange a coincidental occurences around him. That's what formed him into the person he is now (just like every one of us).
But then again, it doesn't change the fact that indeed, he's a little less appealing due to his exaggerated obsession........(he's still cool though :P )

About those bugs, I was also curious why they were all too readily to accept the removal of the bugs.......But suddenly I remembered that the note was kinda large for just saying that the bugs had to be removed. So I checked it out in the manga (I don't read the manga, but I did happen to download it when I downloaded the second death note movie).
The note said the following (according to the scanlators):
&quot;Kira tells me to let the Kira-Follower guards of Takada search the room to see if there's any bugs. I have no choice but to remove them all beforehand&quot;

So yeah, I can imagine/accept their &quot;unnatural&quot; acceptance of the bugs removal, now that I know what the note really said.
May 24, 2007 6:39 PM

Apr 2007
it was a bit different from the manga.... =/ still good tho! *__*

Juuni Kokuki
"Romeo and Juliet was originally supposed to be a horror starring Tybalt"
May 24, 2007 10:06 PM

Feb 2007
still good as always.

ty for the manga update on the bugs boursk.

May 25, 2007 3:14 AM

Oct 2006
Ok, so KH failed by not translating the full note. Still that doesn't explain my second point. How come there was a bug in Misa's house all of the sudden...?
May 25, 2007 9:07 AM

Mar 2007
Kayrhandros said:
Ok, so KH failed by not translating the full note. Still that doesn't explain my second point. How come there was a bug in Misa's house all of the sudden...?

Well I'll give you that then for now. I can't say if it's really a plothole or not (in the anime it surely is), but I've noticed (while searching for the correct scene with the note) there are a lot of scenes with mello (and near for that matter) in the manga, that we haven't seen in the anime.... Chances are (truth be told, I'm not sure) that it's explained somewhere in the manga.

But untill we can tell for sure, I'll say that you're right and that there's a strange plothole in the anime.

tangellofello said:
ty for the manga update on the bugs boursk.

You're welcome ^^
May 25, 2007 10:28 AM

Mar 2007
Good episode, I liked Terus reaction when he knew that he was talking to Kira. I'd be happy if I had someone calling me God too.
May 26, 2007 3:22 AM

Jul 2005
ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

Light looked so damn hot when he was wearing that suit x----x' and geez what an episode, I loved the ending and Mikami being so obsessive about Kira :----))
May 26, 2007 10:21 AM

Mar 2007
I would have loved it except for Mikami's obsession with Light. Mikami was my fav character in DN since we all know
, however I really don't the obsession, somehow I see it as being his and possibly Light's downfall. (I have not read the manga)

Dibs on Ishida!
May 26, 2007 11:28 PM
May 2007
Generalization is a trait that we all share. We can take one event that occurs in our life and apply it to so many situations. And sometimes that's good. Some concepts manifest themselves throughout all facets of life. So even if you learn that concept or life lesson from something that wouldn't be thought to be serious such as from playing videogames or going through grade school they can apply to other things.

Mikami's life story is a great example of how the events that occur in our lifes shape our personality. His generalization of the events that occured while he was in school about the concepts of justice, good, and evil can be and are respectably applied to him in all facets of life.
(Another example would be Lights demeaner everytime he loses his memory from the DEATHNOTE).

But in the end the weakness in his logic is htat he is an extremist. Believing only in black and white and the non existant of the many shades of grey that make up this world.

He believes that people are only good or evil but their are many shades of grey to this indeed.
"Genius is not thinking outside the box. It's realizing that their is no box and no end to human potential. More importantly, genius is OWNAGE!" - BOOK OF OWNAGE - OWNed Chapter - OWNed verse.
May 27, 2007 7:40 AM
May 2007
Sukotsutsu said:
I would have loved it except for Mikami's obsession with Light. Mikami was my fav character in DN since we all know
, however I really don't the obsession, somehow I see it as being his and possibly Light's downfall. (I have not read the manga)

The fact you stated you did not read the manga is proof that you did. LOL
May 27, 2007 6:19 PM

Apr 2007
amazing ep.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
May 29, 2007 3:25 PM
May 2007
This episode rocked !!! Death note FTW!!!
May 29, 2007 4:28 PM

Jan 2007
This episode was a vast improvement over recent episodes. Happy to see Death Note getting back on track.
Jul 5, 2008 6:02 PM

Jan 2008
that was truly intense looks like things will be going well for light
poor misa-misa :'(
Nov 25, 2008 5:14 PM
Oct 2008
I wonder how Misa will react if/when she finds out about the other woman. I have a feeling that it's going to bite Light in the rear end...and Mikami is a bit obsessed but I can sorta understand where he's coming from with his background and all.
Dec 21, 2008 1:41 PM

Oct 2008
This is a freaky episode!!
1.How is Kiyomi happy that Light is Kira!?!
2.What's with the romantic setting?!
I thought this anime is supposed to be suspenseful!!
Jan 1, 2009 5:44 PM
Sep 2008
i know that anime has a hard time to be as detail as a manga. but they are missing some clues that helped end this series! this can of sereies is base off clues so i think to move this series ahead can be a proplem latter on.
May 10, 2009 11:27 PM

Jun 2008
light's such a player. .hahaha... and misa and mogi too!!?!??!?! WAHAHAHA. can't imagine though.. anyway.. mikami's good huh... he's a bit like light...
Jul 23, 2009 5:26 AM
Jul 2009
Interesting episode.
Now Light has two obsessed fan-girls and a fan-boy, lucky him.
Light is such a player, just ditching Misa like that, and saying she wasn't smart enough for him.

I'm confused, does Light still have his Death Note? If so, where is it? If he gave it up, why does he still have his memories? Misa also gave her note up too, didn't she? Was it Light's or Misa's note that got sent to Mikami?
Aug 8, 2009 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
>All who can should work
omg, Kira tries to build another communism?
Sep 6, 2009 7:25 AM
Apr 2009
Yea, I wish they weren't so obssesed with Kira. That would turn out to be a cool story, as the one with the other book may doubt him, and something might happen. And stuff, that he can think for himself. And not like this, blindy being his bitch so to say ^^

But it was cool. Just... If L was here, he would have known for sure that it was light. I mean, its to suspicious. They didn't even try to listen to the cellphone,(Why didn't they ask light to put it on speakers) everything would be revealed then...

Then suddenly the bugs removed, its to weird.. Etc, all these small things a smarter person would have figured out, or at least doubted him.
Nov 3, 2009 3:27 PM

Oct 2009
Okay, Teru is a good new character, but I think they're taking on more than they can chew. I mean, shows that have this many things going on at once need to do a good job balancing out the time so that each side is shown per episode. I feel like they're having trouble with that. And does anyone else feel at the end that this is going nowhere?

Anyway, I liked the change in music. A bit awkward where they put it, but I really enjoyed it. It worked out somehow.
Nov 4, 2009 9:27 PM

Feb 2009
One Word "MASTERPIECE"
Dec 5, 2009 2:38 PM

Jan 2009
LOOOOOOOOOL O_O

That was just... pure luck!! Seriously, things like these happen to Light all the time, starting with the day he found the death note 'by accident' /:)... The thing is I don't believe in coincidences and all this is too exaggerated beyond reason :|.

oooo and I'm so pissed that we got one freaking glimpse of Mello [a main character, according to MAL anime info] and waaay too much of Teru [had to look up his name to write it down, because they were kinda enough to show us his entire life but not give us time to learn his freaking name >_<]. And if you've read my post from the previous ep, you'll know why I say: my point exactly!! They're showing too much [and too many] of supporting characters and leaving out the main ones. And that sucks cause I want more of Mello and Near >.<!

Dec 21, 2009 1:53 AM

Mar 2009
Oh MAN! this is getting awesome.
now no one even suspects this new guy Teru and Light now has his old girlfriend back in a way. i feel bad for Misa though. from this point on it's getting alot better.
Idk how they're gonna capture Light in the episodes we have left.
5/5.
:D!

Jan 5, 2010 12:49 PM

Jul 2009
I loved Mikami back story, it was interesting. He's stylish too.
Light is the master of manipulation, what a player. I figure if Misa finds out about his meeting with the other woman, he would simply manipulate her feelings as usual.
Great episode.
Jan 10, 2010 10:18 PM

Jan 2009
Mikami is one B.A.M.F!
The way he writes the names in the death note non-stop is ridiculous!

Jan 11, 2010 10:07 AM

Jun 2009
I love this episode. I've watched it so many times, I know nearly all the lines. @_@ It has sort of a mood whiplash going on, especially at the scene with Takada. The music really played a part on it too.
Feb 2, 2010 11:55 PM

Nov 2009
vearg said:
light's such a player. .hahaha... and misa and mogi too!!?!??!?! WAHAHAHA. can't imagine though.. anyway.. mikami's good huh... he's a bit like light...

Haha yeah, damn light's got everything >.> except the right morals or atleast thats what i think :P
Mar 17, 2010 2:04 PM

Jan 2010
what a crazy episode xD,i loved it :P

Death Note& dramatic name writing FTW ^^...ELIMINATE
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 29, 2010 10:55 PM

Apr 2009
Light is officially a P.I.M.P.
May 5, 2010 10:28 PM

Mar 2010
:( Death Note is nothing without L!! I mean it's still a great show but still the best part was like until the episode he died. L!!! :'O
Animestuffs-1.png
May 12, 2010 8:18 PM

May 2010
Aw, poor Misa. She may be an obsessive fangirl, but you'd think that Light would at least care just a little about her feelings after five years of togetherness.
Tvtropes.org
It's great!
Jul 25, 2010 3:55 PM

Apr 2010
sakujo! sakujo! sakujo! I don't think I'll ever forget this word... he repeated it soooo many times -.-' the first half was really really boring... I miss L :( the second part was somehow better... though it's a bit weird that Light told them to remove the mics and cameras... won't they suspects something? O.o
Sep 1, 2010 2:21 PM
Jun 2010
i think light does plan on making kiyomi the goddess of the new world, and that he's just using misa. anyway, i like this new guy, plus he's played by kirby! *sigh* i love hearing his voice
Sep 10, 2010 3:48 PM

May 2010
Light be trolling, KILL MISA!!!!
Oct 16, 2010 6:12 PM

Feb 2010
Even if they catch all Kira components now, how will they stop all the Kira Followers. If you look at it like that, Light already won.
Nov 15, 2010 7:03 PM

Oct 2008
What a player.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 19, 2010 11:07 PM
Feb 2010
Light pisses me off he's such a man whore!!!!!

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Dec 6, 2010 1:55 AM

Aug 2010
Light did it again!!
Jan 15, 2011 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
Light, you playa~.

This was a good episode, Mikami is oh so interesting, a bit too obsessed with Kira though. Anyways, I'm still missing L :( so much.

Feb 8, 2011 7:06 AM

Feb 2011
This was an ok episode it did enough for me to want to watch the next 5 episodes in a row but I know I can't x|
Nov 25, 2011 4:01 PM

Dec 2010
I dislike Teru, his way of thinking and view on the world. He sure is perfect, for the role of Light's toy, but still he sucks with his obsessivness. Same with his new girlfriend. It's funny now, how he said to L that there's no way he'd use girl's feelings to get advantage on her. And almost no sight on Mello... sucky episode in the most part.
Apr 14, 2012 12:40 AM
May 23, 2012 10:10 PM

Sep 2011
I love you Light, but stop cheating on Misa! >:(
Jul 24, 2012 5:21 PM

Jun 2012
...They were right next to the Eiffel tower?
Jul 29, 2012 2:00 PM
Jul 2012
Amazing episode!
Aug 2, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2012
Great episode! I love these new characters in the story! I do feel sad for Misa though :/
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 7, 2007

132 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

109 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 8:37 PM

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 24, 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.