Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 25, 2017 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
No, I pointed out how your points are moot due to the contradictory content of your statements.
There’s really no use in arguing this further because every valid point I present goes over your head entirely.
I already went through the trouble of trying to assert my argument in another thread that was clearly dismissed.
Anyway, as a last and final push, the draft is a fairly moot point because most western countries do not have actual drafts anymore. Even during Iraq there was no draft. There has not been a draft for over forty years. Thus at the present time it is not a concern. Wars will sooner be fought by manchildren with nukes and half the country will be dead- that is modern “warfare”- the draft conceptually has been considerably insignificant beyond a legality standpoint since 1970something. Such an irrelevant point to focus on, such a discussion deterrent.
removed-userOct 25, 2017 8:02 PM
Oct 25, 2017 8:00 PM

Jul 2016
spuukiebuugi said:
No, I pointed out how your points are moot due to the contradictory content of your statements.
There’s really no use in arguing this further because every valid point I present goes over your head entirely.
I already went through the trouble of trying to assert my argument in another thread that was clearly dismissed.
Anyway, as a last and final push, the draft is a fairly moot point because most western countries do not have actual drafts anymore. Even during Iraq there was no draft. There has not been a draft for over forty years. Thus at the present time it is not a concern. Wars will sooner be fought by manchildren with nukes and half the country will be dead- that is modern “warfare”- the draft conceptually has been considerably insignificant beyond a legality standpoint since 1970something. Such an irrelevant point to focus on, such a discussion deterrent.

So you expect men to sign up for the Draft just for welfare and the right to drive, and just hope there is no war they'l be pulled into, well coming from someone who is not bound to the draft and it's constraints is certainly assuring.
Oct 25, 2017 8:10 PM

Apr 2013
I find it funny that OP's list is used as an argument against feminists, when a core part of feminism is critiquing expectations and biases from traditional views of gender roles that can negatively affect both men and women. Things like associating masculinity with violence and bias against men in prisons and education are heavily criticized in feminism, but I guess a good portion of you are more concerned with fighting a caricature of feminists than actually discussing the issues.

What's even more particularly funny is that you're not actually discussing men's issues, but only using it as ammunition against feminism while painting yourselves as activists for men. lol
Oct 25, 2017 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
Nyu said:
spuukiebuugi said:

So you expect men to sign up for the Draft just for welfare and the right to drive, and just hope there is no war they'l be pulled into, well coming from someone who is not bound to the draft and it's constraints is certainly assuring.

Again, the manner in which modern “warfare” of the nuclear variety would be fought in terms of the West v. NK and the like doesn’t involve a lot of manpower. There are few men who actually have the paranoia or fear that they’ll be forced into warfare anytime soon, due to the alarming way in which “war” will likely be fought in the next 100+ years. The draft, again, is not that important since the US is not in any active wars, nor hopefully will be if Trump decides to keep his finger off the nuke trigger.

Now allow me to respectfully debunk your other points:

Many of these points are very much first world problems. Plenty of people, including women, are passed over for job interviews. That is taking personal offense to a common occurrence.

I’m not going to cry sexism because the job market is shit. I’ve been passed over for multiple jobs trying to find a new one simply because they lack the amount of jobs they can willingly put forth to candidates. That’s a job market problem. You cannot say that the job market is fundamentally oppressing you when the job market fundamentally and systematically oppresses everyone with its statistical unfairness. There are simply not enough jobs to go around, and there is less job security and more job temperance. That has much more to do with the recovery from economic downturn. Your gender and skin color haven't much to do with it. Socioeconomics in this case override minor nitpicks. Again, this sounds like a personal inferiority gripe & not much else. If anything, in a typical office job, being a white man makes you a more desirable candidate.

Moving on.

More homeless people being stastically male is because more men, especially elderly men, were war veterans. In the old era where drafts were actually a practice, ie WWII & Vietnam, many men were traumatized as being prisoners of war or witnessing extremely tragic events, comrade death, enemy death, and more. All of which led to PTSD. The main reason these men are homeless is because veteran benefits in the United States sans the GI bill are garbage for retired veterans of WWII & Vietnam. Very few veterans with PTSD are able to successfully get treatment for free under VA assistance. The veterans association benefits in the US are honestly terrible, thousands of men aren’t given the treatment they need and end up on the streets. That is why so many of them end up homeless. This is a corrupt system that leaders past and present have refused to fix & legislate. This is the irresponsibility of the government. Not sexism. The US government treats its long retired vets rather badly at times.

None of these things have to do directly or even very indirectly with sexism and can happen to both genders. They can easily be attributed to economic issues and a lack of social awareness. Socioeconomics in this case have like virtually nothing to do with your race or gender.
Point. Moot. Do I make myself clear? You’re looking for diamonds and finding fool’s gold, you’re finding something in nothing. Mountains out of molehills. This is taking legitimate social issues that have nothing to do with gender or race in the case of homelessness and unemployment and warping them to play a victimization card. I find that to be extremely distasteful.

Life is unfair. Life sucks. Do not blame the opposite gender, and do not blame nonwhite people, for how unfair life is. That is shouldering personal responsibility in favor of a simplistic and easy to digest answer, which is honestly the worst thing anyone can do. Do not blame minorities and women for your personal issues.
removed-userOct 25, 2017 8:19 PM
Oct 25, 2017 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
spuukiebuugi said:
Nyu said:

Again, the manner in which modern “warfare” of the nuclear variety would be fought in terms of the West v. NK and the like doesn’t involve a lot of manpower. There are few men who actually have the paranoia or fear that they’ll be forced into warfare anytime soon, due to the alarming way in which “war” will likely be fought in the next 100+ years. The draft, again, is not that important since the US is not in any active wars, nor hopefully will be if Trump decides to keep his finger off the nuke trigger.

Now allow me to respectfully debunk your other points:

Many of these points are very much first world problems. Plenty of people, including women, are passed over for job interviews. That is taking personal offense to a common occurrence.

I’m not going to cry sexism because the job market is shit. I’ve been passed over for multiple jobs trying to find a new one simply because they lack the amount of jobs they can willingly put forth to candidates. That’s a job market problem. You cannot say that the job market is fundamentally oppressing you when the job market fundamentally and systematically oppresses everyone with its statistical unfairness. There are simply not enough jobs to go around, and there is less job security and more job temperance. That has much more to do with the recovery from economic downturn. Your gender and skin color haven't much to do with it. Socioeconomics in this case override minor nitpicks. Again, this sounds like a personal inferiority gripe & not much else. If anything, in a typical office job, being a white man makes you a more desirable candidate.

Moving on.

More homeless people being stastically male is because more men, especially elderly men, were war veterans. In the old era where drafts were actually a practice, ie WWII & Vietnam, many men were traumatized as being prisoners of war or witnessing extremely tragic events, comrade death, enemy death, and more. All of which led to PTSD. The main reason these men are homeless is because veteran benefits in the United States sans the GI bill are garbage for retired veterans of WWII & Vietnam. Very few veterans with PTSD are able to successfully get treatment for free under VA assistance. The veterans association benefits in the US are honestly terrible, thousands of men aren’t given the treatment they need and end up on the streets. That is why so many of them end up homeless. This is a corrupt system that leaders past and present have refused to fix & legislate. This is the irresponsibility of the government. Not sexism. The US government treats its long retired vets rather badly at times.

None of these things have to do directly or even very indirectly with sexism and can happen to both genders. They can easily be attributed to economic issues and a lack of social awareness. Socioeconomics in this case have like virtually nothing to do with your race or gender.
Point. Moot. Do I make myself clear? You’re looking for diamonds and finding fool’s gold, you’re finding something in nothing. Mountains out of molehills. This is taking legitimate social issues that have nothing to do with gender or race in the case of homelessness and unemployment and warping them to play a victimization card. I find that to be extremely distasteful.

Life is unfair. Life sucks. Do not blame the opposite gender, and do not blame nonwhite people, for how unfair life is. That is shouldering personal responsibility in favor of a simplistic and easy to digest answer, which is honestly the worst thing anyone can do. Do not blame minorities and women for your personal issues.

"Again, the manner in which modern “warfare” of the nuclear variety would be fought in terms of the West v. NK and the like doesn’t involve a lot of manpower. There are few men who actually have the paranoia or fear that they’ll be forced into warfare anytime soon, due to the alarming way in which “war” will likely be fought in the next 100+ years."

So wars like Korea and Vietnam will never be fought again, so you can see the future.

"I’m not going to cry sexism because the job market is shit. I’ve been passed over for multiple jobs trying to find a new one simply because they lack the amount of jobs they can willingly put forth to candidates. That’s a job market problem. You cannot say that the job market is fundamentally oppressing you when the job market fundamentally and systematically oppresses everyone with its statistical unfairness. There are simply not enough jobs to go around, and there is less job security and more job temperance. That has much more to do with the recovery from economic downturn. Your gender and skin color haven't much to do with it. Socioeconomics in this case override minor nitpicks. Again, this sounds like a personal inferiority gripe & not much else. If anything, in a typical office job, being a white man makes you a more desirable candidate."

Affirmative Action, do you not know what it is?
If it was a system designed to keep women out of jobs, you would know about it, and there would be public outrage that women face institutional misogyny.
This is not a first world problem, and Feminist countries like Sweden use Affirmative Action to push men out of certain areas, and create female majorities instead.

"More homeless people being stastically male is because more men, especially elderly men, were war veterans. In the old era where drafts were actually a practice, ie WWII & Vietnam, many men were traumatized as being prisoners of war or witnessing extremely tragic events, comrade death, enemy death, and more. All of which led to PTSD. The main reason these men are homeless is because veteran benefits in the United States sans the GI bill are garbage for retired veterans of WWII & Vietnam. Very few veterans with PTSD are able to successfully get treatment for free under VA assistance. The veterans association benefits in the US are honestly terrible, thousands of men aren’t given the treatment they need and end up on the streets. That is why so many of them end up homeless. This is a corrupt system that leaders past and present have refused to fix & legislate. This is the irresponsibility of the government. Not sexism. The US government treats its long retired vets rather badly at times."

Homeless people being mostly men is in every Western country.
This is because women have more safety nets.
Oct 25, 2017 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
Look, I know you hate women and you have to constantly reinforce it all the time, but you’re just reaching at this point.

Military safety nets don’t have anything to do with gender bias. Nor do most safety nets. The only reason women would receive “larger” safety nets is because of pregnancy or maternity, and those are shared amongst a family and allowed to be used by their respective spouse or partner, that’s not unequal as a generally shared asset between the family, intended for a child, in the case of child or infant welfare benefits for lower income families. Conflating one thing with something completely different. Um, where have I seen that before? The only reason more safety nets exist for women in terms of child care is because they’re usually responsible for the child at least half the time, especially during infancy. I’ve still seen plenty of fathers buying formula or milk and taking care of their infants or toddlers, technically in the US benefits are typically placed on one card, which is in the possession of whichever parent is in charge of the kids at the time. It’s not really that bad. More dramatic overestimation and doomsdaying. k then…

The idea of affirmative action is not intended to “oppress” anyone, it was created for the purpose of equalization. Nowhere does it say that “WE GONNA OPPRESS WHITEYYYYY HURRR DURR”, it was an invention of the civil rights era as an attempt to end racial and sexist discrimination by allowing women and minorities to pursue higher tier jobs where the employers would be obligated to view them for their qualifications and not for their sex or race. The irony is that you’re completely misinterpreting the intent of the bill itself, which was to try and put an end to discrimination. If someone who’s not male or white is more qualified job wise than a white guy, and they win the job fair and square? Boo goddamn hoo. The only thing equal opportunity laws do is assure that workplace discrimination isn’t included in the hiring process, and that companies remain gender/race blind. Not intended to “systematically opwess” anyone.

God forbid people be the slightest bit nice or decent to others and not care about gender and race to such scary extents.
You can be black, white, or purple. If you’re not a good person I am not gonna like you. That’s my philosophy. The world is mean, if you think you deserve more than the opposite sex or other races just because you’re a white guy, you’re gonna have a bad time. I don’t see equality coming from an MRA mindset. I see what I see with tumblr feminists. I see them trying to jump down other people’s throats in order to falsely feign superiority. It’s dishonorable. Stomping on social issues that aren’t restrained by the bounds of things as simple as race or sex and using them to justify an extremist agenda really does personally disgust me. No, there is no promotion of “equality”. All I see is the case of ME ME ME ME MEEEEEE.
All I see is projectionism. All I see is personal inferiority governing a sociopolitical viewpoint because someone feels they’ve been “wronged” by the opposite sex and therefore thinks that justifies sexism.
removed-userOct 25, 2017 8:54 PM
Oct 25, 2017 10:04 PM

Feb 2008
I don't really know if there's any position of theirs that I support.

The pay-gap is a lie. Obesity is disgusting. Promiscuity is gross. Abortion is irresponsible. The nuclear family is ideal. Women should be getting married at 25 instead of 35 when their ovaries are all dried up. The list goes on. The only thing I would agree with is that rape and sexual harassment remain a big problem.
Oct 25, 2017 10:54 PM

Mar 2010
I agree with feminist not feminazis. Feminazis are females running trying to get gender superiority. They want more rights than men and want more control over men.

I am all for equality as I tend towards the left political spectrum, but I don't agree with how a lot of them act. If women truly want equality they need to get rid of every generalization that women have. They tend to want to get rid of the bad generalization but keep the good generalization because it benefits them. They act like men are not sexualized on TV or media and its BS.

Do you see a bunch of guys bitching about "Magic Mike?" no lmao because we don't care if females are going to sexualize us.

It started becoming a problem when they interfere with Tv, movies, videogames etc. If movie producers, directors, authors or game developers want their game to have sexualized females in it that's up to them.

The real issues they need to be focusing on are job discrimination and we could use more females in government as thats one big cuck fest, rape and legitment sexual harresment.

One last thing that really grinds my gears is the fact that these same feminazis who bitch about over sexualization go around wearing extremely revealing clothing. Its hypocrisy and god forbid if a guy is looking at them wrongly.
Oct 25, 2017 11:34 PM
Oct 2017
the problem is the "feminazis" claim to be feminists and with their bad influence they make bad name for the actual feminists on top of that people continue to call them feminists merging the two totaly different things in the process in most causes these days when some one say i hate feminists he(or she) mean feminazi not the actual feminists
Oct 25, 2017 11:41 PM

Sep 2008
I have nothing against feminism, but in Sweden it is pretty extreme. FI for example just want to raise taxes, get rid of cars and even have plans for removing prisons. They dont like or military and they complain about absolutely fucking everything. It is a really fucked up big city party that hates men. It's also full of extremist. They also ignore facts.
Oct 25, 2017 11:45 PM
Feb 2014
Feminists are good for reforming Islam, but feminists also believe that Islam is somehow less problematic than Christianity and that criticizing an inherently misogynistic belief system is racist. Now tell me why Sweden is a plummeting shit hole as of late?
Oct 26, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2014
Nico- said:
Feminists are good for reforming Islam, but feminists also believe that Islam is somehow less problematic than Christianity and that criticizing an inherently misogynistic belief system is racist. Now tell me why Sweden is a plummeting shit hole as of late?
Notice the sheer amount of no true scotsmaning going on this thread with the people saying "Feminazis aren't true feminists!", it's almost like they don't realize that feminazi is just a derogatory term for feminists and not a separate thing. The "feminazis" are part of you feminists. Shocking how little these feminists actually understand about their own ideology....
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 26, 2017 2:18 AM
Feb 2014
ThrashMatto said:
Nico- said:
Notice the sheer amount of no true scotsmaning going on this thread with the people saying "Feminazis aren't true feminists!", it's almost like they don't realize that feminazi is just a derogatory term for feminists and not a separate thing. The "feminazis" are part of you feminists. Shocking how little these feminists actually understand about their own ideology....

Exactly. The feminists who go around saying "I don't approve of radical feminism but..." aren't helping any cause at all and if anything pushes the Overton window further towards feminism not realizing that they are disingenuously taking the same feminazi's stance in the most stealthy and subtle way possible all the while claiming that they are the "voice of reason" when they could not be any more farther from that.

It's not to take the anti-feminist side, but those who denounce feminazis but still see merit in contemporary feminism (which is nothing at all positive when you look at both its rhetoric and intrinsics alike) just look stupid in their denunciations.

I know you're a centrist (have nothing against it in general but I am increasingly wary of how phony and pseudointellectual they are as of late since they're more likely to stand up for Antifa or BLM in times of their violent behavior all for the sake of "moral relativism") but I hope you can see that most self-described "centrists" are lying to you, and being a "middle ground feminist" is an example of what I mean by this.
AqutanOct 26, 2017 2:21 AM
Oct 26, 2017 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
Nico- said:
ThrashMatto said:

Exactly. The feminists who go around saying "I don't approve of radical feminism but..." aren't helping any cause at all and if anything pushes the Overton window further towards feminism not realizing that they are disingenuously taking the same feminazi's stance in the most stealthy and subtle way possible all the while claiming that they are the "voice of reason" when they could not be any more farther from that.

It's not to take the anti-feminist side, but those who denounce feminazis but still see merit in contemporary feminism (which is nothing at all positive when you look at both its rhetoric and intrinsics alike) just look stupid in their denunciations.

I know you're a centrist (have nothing against it in general but I am increasingly wary of how phony and pseudointellectual they are as of late since they're more likely to stand up for Antifa or BLM in times of their violent behavior all for the sake of "moral relativism") but I hope you can see that most self-described "centrists" are lying to you, and being a "middle ground feminist" is an example of what I mean by this.

Oh, I'm perfectly aware that most people don't know what the fuck they're talking about when they call themselves centrist, especially when that term (and all political spectrum terms) mean basically fuck all when you take into a global perspective. A "centrist" in the US is not a "centrist" in Canada, is not a "centrist" in Britain, is not a "centrist" in France, is not a "centrist" in Saudi Arabia.

What matters is the positions people take on individual issues, not the label they slap onto themselves. I may call myself centre(-left), but that's mostly to get across a point of where i generally stand. Considering how complex beliefs and opinions actually are it's impossible for anyone to be a "centrist" completely. I'm quite "right wing" on some issues (rights, freedoms, immigration) and quite "left wing" on others (labour rights, the environment).

I perfectly understand that people who support BLM and Antifa, along with a whole slew of other shit, call themselves moderates and centrists. I've stopped associating myself with any political party/movement because of this shit. I don't like building my own beliefs around "movements" or "ideologies". But hey, you know me, I just hate and distrust everyone. Complete disillusion with any ideology is a good thing.
ThrashMattoOct 26, 2017 2:56 AM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Oct 26, 2017 5:00 AM

Apr 2017
Sasukeleep said:
They act like men are not sexualized on TV or media and its BS.

Do you see a bunch of guys bitching about "Magic Mike?" no lmao because we don't care if females are going to sexualize us.

Well, to be fair women won't start raping men anytime this millennia, as I said. So sexualizing men isn't quite as bad.

Valaskjalf said:
feminists aka sjw are cancer. Most of them are mad because no one loves their ugly and fat ass.

I think those are anti-feminists you're talking about.

Oct 26, 2017 5:17 AM

Mar 2010
zodd0 said:
Sasukeleep said:
They act like men are not sexualized on TV or media and its BS.

Well, to be fair women won't start raping men anytime this millennia, as I said. So sexualizing men isn't quite as bad.

Valaskjalf said:
feminists aka sjw are cancer. Most of them are mad because no one loves their ugly and fat ass.

I think those are anti-feminists you're talking about.

To be fair woman have raped men don't act like it does not happen. This is the one sided BS i'm talking about you act like it never happens. 1/10 males are raped every day in the US. There are 323 million people in the US. Now 1/6 females are raped everyday. That's only about a 40% difference.

Edit: Sources before more BS; https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence
Oct 26, 2017 5:22 AM

Apr 2017
Sasukeleep said:
To be fair woman have raped men don't act like it does not happen. This is the one sided BS i'm talking about you act like it never happens. 1/10 males are raped every day in the US. There are 323 million people in the US. Now 1/6 females are raped everyday. That's only about a 40% difference.

Edit: Sources before more BS; https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence

I am talking about rape in general, not individual cases that has happened. I thought that would go without saying. Around 98% of sexual perpetrators are men. What is pure BS is you trying to pretend that rape is not a male problem.
Oct 26, 2017 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
zodd0 said:
Sasukeleep said:

I am talking about rape in general, not individual cases that has happened. I thought that would go without saying. Around 98% of sexual perpetrators are men. What is pure BS is you trying to pretend that rape is not a male problem.

Not tying to disprove your point , but include a source pls:
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/11/the-understudied-female-sexual-predator/503492/

The article describes sexual perpetrators as being fairly equal in terms of gender.
removed-userOct 26, 2017 5:43 AM
Oct 26, 2017 5:31 AM

Mar 2010
zodd0 said:
Sasukeleep said:

You act like it's only a female problem. It's not one sided and never has been. You know what happens when female rapes a male, everyone acts like it's okay because oh he's a guy so he liked it. That poor guy who did get raped by a female is affected but everyone rubs it off because he's a guy. Please stop spouting this nonsense. Like I stated im my first comment if females want equality it can't be one sided. Instead of focusing on on females being raped they should be focusing on raping as a whole not just females. Oh and since you quoted my original comment about magic mike. Moves and entertainment that over sexualize women don't cause rape since clearly that's what you were getting at.
Oct 26, 2017 5:43 AM

Apr 2017
Sasukeleep said:
You act like it's only a female problem. It's not one sided and never has been. You know what happens when female rapes a male, everyone acts like it's okay because oh he's a guy so he liked it. That poor guy who did get raped by a female is affected but everyone rubs it off because he's a guy. Please stop spouting this nonsense. Like I stated im my first comment if females want equality it can't be one sided. Instead of focusing on on females being raped they should be focusing on raping as a whole not just females. Oh and since you quoted my original comment about magic mike.

I am stating facts and you act like an idiot. Rape is being focused on as a whole, and it has been concluded that around 98% of perpetrators are men.

Inequality is one-sided. To bring equality one must put some more weight on the subordinate side...

Sasukeleep said:
Moves and entertainment that over sexualize women don't cause rape since clearly that's what you were getting at.

Source? You were getting at sexualizing of men is as common and bad as sexualizing of women, which is obviously wrong....

Why not google it? It's quite easy to find sources.

For female rape survivors, 98.1% of the time a man was the perpetrator (Black, Basile, Breiding, Smith, Walters, & Merrick, 2011).
For male rape survivors, 93% of the time, a man was the perpetrator (Black, Basile, Breiding, Smith, Walters, & Merrick, 2011).
http://www.oneinfourusa.org/statistics.php
Zoldra0Oct 26, 2017 5:47 AM
Oct 26, 2017 9:42 AM

Oct 2016
S-quare22 said:
Those people just want to eliminate the precent of rape and defend women , why too much hate on them
If that's all they were about, no one would have anything against them.
Oct 26, 2017 9:46 AM

Apr 2011
Parkyou said:
S-quare22 said:
Those people just want to eliminate the precent of rape and defend women , why too much hate on them

You mean besides the idea of stopping rape by castrating all men ? :^)
Oct 26, 2017 9:53 AM

Jun 2017
You live somewhere in the middle east right? I really don't have a problem with feminism in most other areas. But in America, feminism is about women with overinflated egos parading around their superiority. In several other countries my opinion of feminism ranges from meh to needed but Americans really don't need and that's why I dislike feminism.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Oct 26, 2017 9:54 AM

Oct 2016
Valaskjalf said:
Parkyou said:

Lol that's overboard. Go with vasectomies. Less blood.
Oct 26, 2017 10:19 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Parkyou said:
Valaskjalf said:

If it's only about the blood:

Chemical castration is castration via anaphrodisiac drugs, whether to reduce libido and sexual activity, to treat cancer, or otherwise. Unlike surgical castration, where the gonads are removed through an incision in the body, chemical castration does not remove organs, nor is it a form of sterilization.

In May of 2016, the New York Times reported that a number of countries use chemical castration on rapists and pedophiles, often in return for reduced sentences.

Vasectomies won't stop a rapist from committing the same crime again.

Oct 26, 2017 10:21 AM

Oct 2016
kawaii96desu said:
Parkyou said:

If it's only about the blood:

Chemical castration is castration via anaphrodisiac drugs, whether to reduce libido and sexual activity, to treat cancer, or otherwise. Unlike surgical castration, where the gonads are removed through an incision in the body, chemical castration does not remove organs, nor is it a form of sterilization.

In May of 2016, the New York Times reported that a number of countries use chemical castration on rapists and pedophiles, often in return for reduced sentences.

Vasectomies won't stop a rapist from committing the same crime again.

Clearly you have given this more thought than I have
Oct 26, 2017 1:00 PM

May 2017
I don't hate feminist. I just hate feminazis.

Although I really don't think its all that needed in the west. And the 4th wave is just.....no.

Also, a lot of feminazis in the west call themselves feminist. Giving feminist a bad name in the west.

So don't get mad at the people who don't like feminist. Get mad at the feminazis who ruined it.
MauricOct 26, 2017 1:14 PM
The loli is for patting not for fapping
Oct 26, 2017 1:30 PM

Mar 2012
The "but legal equality" argument falls flat the moment you recognize that culture is a thing and pretty powerful. The law does not determine how people's day to day lives actually unfold. Far from it. Conservatives know this just as well as progressives (see Veronin's post, for example).

Veronin said:
I don't really know if there's any position of theirs that I support.

The pay-gap is a lie. Obesity is disgusting. Promiscuity is gross. Abortion is irresponsible. The nuclear family is ideal. Women should be getting married at 25 instead of 35 when their ovaries are all dried up. The list goes on. The only thing I would agree with is that rape and sexual harassment remain a big problem.
In general, would you say that women should or should not be able to choose how to live? Feminism doesn't have a position on the best family structure, the optimal marriage age, the optimal weight, or whether abortion is responsible. The feminist position would be that those should be choices for women to make (jointly with partners, where applicable).
JoshOct 26, 2017 1:39 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 26, 2017 4:23 PM

Oct 2013
feminists that arent fucked in the head and are actully about equality, not superiority and arent breathin down your necks telin you how a man should act or whatever or just being plain sexist and abusive towards men is all good in my boos.

Feminazi's I got a big problem with tho. there cancer.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Oct 26, 2017 4:41 PM
May 2017
S-quare22 said:
...do you have some things against feminists ??

Absolutely nothing.

S-quare22 said:
...I bet that anime fans hate them because they are against some genres like hentai or ecchi but japan doesn't give 2 flying shit about it...

To not like ecchi or hentai is not exclusive for feminists. There are a lot of people who do not like ecchi or hentai. Japan, the japanese people and the anime and manga industry are different things. In fact, the anime and manga industry produces for fans and buyers, not for those who do not like and will not buy the production. This is the reason the anime and manga industry is not concerned at all with feminists who are against ecchi and hentai...

S-quare22 said:
...Those people just want to eliminate the precent of rape and defend women...

Men think rape is heinous too. And there are men who work to reduce the quantity of rape cases and protect women too. This makes these men feminists? I do not think so.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 26, 2017 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
I agree with the hardline feminists on porn. It destroys these girls who do it, who are already damaged to begin with. Read up on how it effects the women involved, and you will very likely stop fapping to porn altogether.

It also destroys the natural sexuality of young men. We can all see how dysfunctional young men are these days.
Oct 26, 2017 7:10 PM

May 2013
I mean... like, sigh... feminists are fine, yo. Women's rights need to be defended by somebody.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 26, 2017 7:43 PM

Jan 2017
I don't really get why people are getting this much involved in political/social matters in an online anime board, but since you asked, i fully support feminism, as in feminism, the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes. Modern feminism seems to have shifted it's goals from equality to superiority, not only that but most things they fight for are simply dumb, for instance take a look at that "fat acceptance" thing, i mean, no one give a fuck about how thousands of african women are raped on a daily basis but for some reason pointing out that being fat can actually kill you is wrong because it "sets unrealistic standards for women, which is something men don't have to worry about". I can't possibly take this movement seriously, i don't hate them in any way, shape or form, i just think they are doing it the wrong way.
inb4 stfu u male supremacist.
Just cause i don't agree with their ways it doesn't mean i'm a male supremacist...

Am i supposed to put some philosofical quote that makes me look smart in here, or what?
Oct 26, 2017 8:02 PM

Jan 2014
I didn't really have anything against it, but sometimes the people associated with the movement take things too far. I was called sexist for not voting for Hillary... even though I voted Jill. I mean, their arguments don't make sense half the damn time. Some are quick to use words like "misogyny" for the slightest disagreement that it's ridiculous.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 26, 2017 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
I believe that too much feminism ruins us men
Oct 27, 2017 12:53 AM

Feb 2015
the more zealous ones seem to have an authoritarian streak, especially when it comes to freedom of speech. their are good feminists out their, ones who seem to have their hearts in the right place.
it just seem that the ones involved in politics in the U.S and the common wealth seem more interested in censorship and gaining power.
Oct 27, 2017 1:25 AM

Nov 2014
No one defends rape, sexual harassment or discrimination based of gender. We all agree on that, but some people have delusions about how often such incidents actually happen. The unfortunate thing is that lunatics who actually believe in crazy stats like 1 in 5 women on college campuses will be raped have taken up the "feminist" label.

Kurtvonschroeder said:
the more zealous ones seem to have an authoritarian streak, especially when it comes to freedom of speech. their are good feminists out their, ones who seem to have their hearts in the right place.
it just seem that the ones involved in politics in the U.S and the common wealth seem more interested in censorship and gaining power.

Exactly. We seriously should think very carefully about giving authority too much power, so when so many people's first response to a little controversial speech is "BAN IT!! HATE SPEECH!!", it is legitimately worrying. It is precisely these kinds of speech that needs protection. If they are so hateful and crazy, then letting it out in the open is exactly the way to disinfect it. The reality is that a lot of what is labelled as "hate speech" is actually just convincing opinions which they disagree with.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 27, 2017 2:55 AM

Nov 2016
S-quare22 said:
This is actually a serious question , do you have some things against feminists ??
Those people just want to eliminate the precent of rape and defend women , why too much hate on them , they have the right to express their thoughts and defend what they like , there is not a single convincing reason to hate them .. I bet that anime fans hate them because they are against some genres like hentai or ecchi but japan doesn't give 2 flying shit about it and so is the world.. basically , feminists don't effect too much on the society because they are ignored in most cases ..

What's your opinion ? If you hate feminists , tell us why ??

What gets me is the people that don't know the history of feminism and that its been going on for atleast a 150 years now. They think its something that people on twitter invented and jump in to complain about it not realising that the same types of people have been throwing the same shade and arguements at feminism for over a hundred years and while feminist theory moves forward the same objections to feminism that were already argued in 1907 are being trotted out in 2017. Another one I see alot that I don't like is egaletarianism firstly for all the obvious reasons "I believe in womens rights but I wont say im part of a movement named after women" its bad but also if you had a sports team or something for 150 years and some people joined and started complaining about changing the name you would be in your right to say "your not interested in what we are doing here your trying to move in and make it your thing get lost"
“we all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same.”
Oct 27, 2017 2:58 AM

May 2012
Women are still being circumcised in the east, so what has feminism accomplished?
Oct 27, 2017 3:36 AM

Jun 2015
S-quare22 said:
ThrashMatto said:
OP is obviously a troll, nothing to see here.

Calling people trolls because you ran out of ideas is what I'd call trolling , if you do not have anything to say then leave , it is that easy .. we are having a debate .. *sigh*
it stopped being a rational debate the moment you spouted that follow gods light garbage.
Oct 27, 2017 3:39 AM

Apr 2017
KuroudoAkabane said:
S-quare22 said:

Calling people trolls because you ran out of ideas is what I'd call trolling , if you do not have anything to say then leave , it is that easy .. we are having a debate .. *sigh*
it stopped being a rational debate the moment you spouted that follow gods light garbage.

What ? I said that god's light is garbage ? I can not understand this sentence.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 27, 2017 3:40 AM

Jun 2015
S-quare22 said:
Why can't males stay away from rape ? Why can't they marry ? It was not that hard ..
so yer sayin once I get married I can have all the sex I want? with the same woman who's my wife ofcourse, but I can .... right?

even if she doesnt want to, I still get to fuck her silly whether she wants it then or not since shes my wife right?
Oct 27, 2017 3:46 AM

May 2013
Tythoid said:
S-quare22 said:
This is actually a serious question , do you have some things against feminists ??
Those people just want to eliminate the precent of rape and defend women , why too much hate on them , they have the right to express their thoughts and defend what they like , there is not a single convincing reason to hate them .. I bet that anime fans hate them because they are against some genres like hentai or ecchi but japan doesn't give 2 flying shit about it and so is the world.. basically , feminists don't effect too much on the society because they are ignored in most cases ..

What's your opinion ? If you hate feminists , tell us why ??

What gets me is the people that don't know the history of feminism and that its been going on for atleast a 150 years now. They think its something that people on twitter invented and jump in to complain about it not realising that the same types of people have been throwing the same shade and arguements at feminism for over a hundred years and while feminist theory moves forward the same objections to feminism that were already argued in 1907 are being trotted out in 2017.

Personally I am completely unaware of the twitter feminism argument so if I say I'm feminist that's definitely just for the concept of feminism, the ideal.

I mean do people seriously want to take away women's rights? That's absurd you guys. Get wif the program.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 27, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2017
KuroudoAkabane said:
S-quare22 said:
Why can't males stay away from rape ? Why can't they marry ? It was not that hard ..
so yer sayin once I get married I can have all the sex I want? with the same woman who's my wife ofcourse, but I can .... right?

even if she doesnt want to, I still get to fuck her silly whether she wants it then or not since shes my wife right?

I don't know why are you avoiding my previous reply but anyways , if your wife does not want it then stop asking that until she wants it , don't force her .. also this is not a reason to rape others .. people should learn how to control themselves.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 27, 2017 3:47 AM

May 2013
KuroudoAkabane said:
S-quare22 said:

please don't rape your wife, your life isn't a hentai and even if it was you still shouldn't do it.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 27, 2017 4:15 AM

Nov 2016
xLemon said:
Tythoid said:

What gets me is the people that don't know the history of feminism and that its been going on for atleast a 150 years now. They think its something that people on twitter invented and jump in to complain about it not realising that the same types of people have been throwing the same shade and arguements at feminism for over a hundred years and while feminist theory moves forward the same objections to feminism that were already argued in 1907 are being trotted out in 2017.

Personally I am completely unaware of the twitter feminism argument so if I say I'm feminist that's definitely just for the concept of feminism, the ideal.

I mean do people seriously want to take away women's rights? That's absurd you guys. Get wif the program.

The twitter feminist arguement its not really a thing its just when I talk to people that have negative views on feminism theres always some reference like "yeah well what about all those women on twitter talking about killing men?" Ive never made the effort to look for these twitter people but I don't think they really exist its mostly just people being misquoted and is more a way of moving the discussion into something that they can talk about. rather going meeting you at your points and arguements it becomes about free speech, gender politics and social media. Its about moving the goal posts
“we all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same.”
Oct 27, 2017 4:25 AM

May 2013
Tythoid said:
xLemon said:

The twitter feminist arguement its not really a thing its just when I talk to people that have negative views on feminism theres always some reference like "yeah well what about all those women on twitter talking about killing men?" Ive never made the effort to look for these twitter people but I don't think they really exist its mostly just people being misquoted and is more a way of moving the discussion into something that they can talk about. rather going meeting you at your points and arguements it becomes about free speech, gender politics and social media. Its about moving the goal posts

Yeah it seems that some of the critiques of feminism are blown out of proportion
I CELEBRATE myself,
Oct 27, 2017 4:30 AM

Jun 2015
S-quare22 said:
KuroudoAkabane said:

I don't know why are you avoiding my previous reply but anyways , if your wife does not want it then stop asking that until she wants it , don't force her .. also this is not a reason to rape others .. people should learn how to control themselves.
so what is the point of you sayin "why cant they marry?"
Oct 27, 2017 4:35 AM

Nov 2016
xLemon said:
Tythoid said:

Yeah it seems that some of the critiques of feminism are blown out of proportion
Its simple if you cant win the facts war you either change the debate or attack the debater.
Oct 27, 2017 5:01 AM
Apr 2013
Feminism is alright. I believe the idea behind it, is something noble. Issues that were brought up were indeed the worse of modern human civilisation and its something that need to addressed.

However, that's the concept. Over the past few years, feminists, supporters of feminism, have systematically targeted men dominated establishments, even games and anime, blame everyone else for their misfortune, throwing literal tamper tantrums and worse, some of them even support the mass lynching of men. Throughout the years, I have never heard any positive measures from them. Not one.

I am sure there are good feminists. I really do. The problem is, instead of fixing their own internal problems, they went with the easy route. You know them, they are in this thread as well. Posting shallow replies such as "Oh no, not all feminists are bad" ."Not all feminists want to kill men". "Most feminists are peaceful". You know what, to hell with that. Bottom line is, nobody cares. Not all Germans are Nazis but do people care? No, people still label Germans as Nazis. Not all Muslims are terrorists but do people care? No, people still associate Muslims as suicide bombers. Even better, not all men are rapists but do people care? No. They don't.

So, why suddenly, you expect us, men or everyone else, to not label feminists as tamper tantrum rambunctious females? If you can't tend to your own ilk, I really doubt the group's capability of solving issues presented by feminism which affects around 50% of the human world population.

TLDR: I agree with the idea behind feminism, I don't like the execution by feminists themselves.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
58 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.