Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tsubasa Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 27, 2008 6:21 AM

Mar 2008
what the heck is kinomoto doing there?!?!?!?!?! that kind of ruined it. totally out of the storyline and i couldnt take it seriously, plus just made it confusing as to why shes there.
but anyway, in general THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE!! arghhhh *curses bee train a million times and throws sword at screen*
although it was a bit fast and explained way to much in too little time, so i still dont understand most of it. also the journey doesnt really conclude, just seems to go on forever ~ nothing is resolved on the sakura x syaoran front. what is with the 2 syaorans anyway??
ahh well, everything else was perfected, 9/10 :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2008 9:44 AM

Jul 2007
sugarplumfairy said:
what the heck is kinomoto doing there?!?!?!?!?! that kind of ruined it. totally out of the storyline and i couldnt take it seriously, plus just made it confusing as to why shes there.
but anyway, in general THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE!! arghhhh *curses bee train a million times and throws sword at screen*
although it was a bit fast and explained way to much in too little time, so i still dont understand most of it. also the journey doesnt really conclude, just seems to go on forever ~ nothing is resolved on the sakura x syaoran front. what is with the 2 syaorans anyway??
ahh well, everything else was perfected, 9/10 :D

Considering the latest developments in manga kinomoto appearing there really fits better than random ghosts(like in manga).

as for SxS - well, Sakura now firmly knows that she loves Clone, you could say that the journey focus shifts from feathers to finding the clone(with feathers becoming the secondary objective) and each group member gets a "new reason" to travel.

As for 2 syaorans - it was explained in OVA 2:
long ago, before the series began, FWR kidnapped the real syaoran and cloned him. the emotionless Clone had only one purpose - to find the feathers which would be scattered, no matter the cost. However real Syaoran interrupted the cloning by copying his own ""heart" into his eye and "stuffing" it into the clone. Real Syaoran hoped that with the time, his copied heart would make clone grow "his own".

FWR then imprisoned real Syaoran and tried to remove the eye with the heart - but it was impossible, so he decided that it won't affect his plans.

So FWR left the Clone in clow country, where he was found by Fujitaka and later on met Sakura. All this time the real syaoran waited imprisoned, till his magic would grow back(he used half of it to seal his heart into the clone), paying the time, relationship and freedom for yuuko and hoping that fwr's plans will fall apart.

Then the ruin accident and the journey began. Clone acted as a person because real syaoran's heart was sealed there. During the journey we saw many moments when the seal began to break and clone personality would appear.

The seal finally broke in Tokyo underwater - at the same time Real Syaoran was strong enough to break out of fwr's spells and was sent by Xin Huo(without FWR knowing it) to yuuko. Xin Huo later paid a heavy price - her own life, when fwr found out what happened.

So the seal broke - but Clone did not have his own heart yet...so he became as fwr wanted him to be - merciless emotionless "tool" for gathering all the feathers no matter what he must do or what he must kill. A clone who would not hesitate to destroy entire worlds to get the feathers.

While Real was traveling to tokyo to stop the clone, Clone absorbed 1/2 of Fai's magical power by eating Fai's eye.
AhenshihaelMay 30, 2008 9:47 AM
Jun 23, 2008 11:07 AM

May 2008
Ok, watched the first 20 episodes or so of the series long ago. I got bored with it and dropped the series. I recently read a review of it and was told that it was pretty much all filler and that the only episodes that should be watched were 1-10 and 48-52, so I went back and watched episodes 48-52 and not much had really changed. Then, I watched the ovas, much more was accomplished here than any of the previous 2 seasons, or what i saw of them, but still so many questions... will there actually be another ova? The Tsbuasa Chronicles: Tokyo Revelatiosn page says the ovas are finished. (I don't read mangas so if this is the end, I didn't like how so much goes left unanswered... kinda like Inuyasha)
carnivorousJun 23, 2008 11:16 AM
In the End, was it worth it?
Jun 23, 2008 11:13 AM
Aug 2007
Chii said:
Hey Crystal

I am a MASSIVA Fai fan as well I feel every bit of anger in your words and 100% agree with you on everything! I have already bitched about the lack of Fai in this OVA so I wont go on again about it bit I will say that I think that I.G. didnt include that falshbacks of Fai simply because they (and no one) knows yet if Tsubasa is going to be continued to be animated. Therefore to put Fai's past flashbacks in the OVA means they were DEFINATELY going to continue with the anime. At the moment, they dont have to because of they didnt add it.

Crystal

I've been cheated! This is an outrage! As a fan of Fay, I am extremely disappointed that they left out the ABSOLUTELY VITAL SCENES OF HIS PAST! Okay, the story of what happened in Tokyo arc could still run without Fay being more emo then he already is. But still! His past! Fay's past is like one of the most sought after mysteries of Tsubasa, and Tokyo arc was one of the first places where we got a FIRST EVER quick and confusing flashback of his terrible past! I'm sure everyone wants to know. And Tokyo arc was when I started bagging on Fay for being extremely emo and depressed for pretty much the rest of the series. I was disappointed that he was more 'happy' then I expected, he acted like his soul had already died in the manga (except when he was with Sakura). It was such a huge contrast in the manga with how Fay acted before and after they lost c!Syaoran, since the Fay before acted happy (although he probably wasn't) while the Fay after pretty much stopped the acting and acted like how he actually is, depressed, tired, upset, annoyed, afraid, etc. Where's the contrast here? He seemed pleasant enough to Yuuko.

I AGREE ON EVERYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Except that the main emphasis of the Acid Tokyo arc was on Sakura and Syaoran and the whole clone issue. It basically set up the second half of the series.

Yes, Fai becoming a vampire is important and Kuro's sacrifice, etc, but that doesn't become a large part of the story until Infinity/Celes.

**wishes people would stop forgetting Sakura and Syaoran are the stars of Tsubasa, not K/F**
Jul 5, 2008 1:11 PM

Jul 2007
carnivorous said:
Ok, watched the first 20 episodes or so of the series long ago. I got bored with it and dropped the series. I recently read a review of it and was told that it was pretty much all filler and that the only episodes that should be watched were 1-10 and 48-52, so I went back and watched episodes 48-52 and not much had really changed. Then, I watched the ovas, much more was accomplished here than any of the previous 2 seasons, or what i saw of them, but still so many questions... will there actually be another ova? The Tsbuasa Chronicles: Tokyo Revelatiosn page says the ovas are finished. (I don't read mangas so if this is the end, I didn't like how so much goes left unanswered... kinda like Inuyasha)

Actually.... Episodes 43-52 ARE THE FILLERS -.-"
Out of the second half of episodes, only Piffle race(up to some point, since it was a lot more serious and um...drunk xD in manga), Shurano/Sharano(the ashura/yasha stuff, one of the more faithful adaptations in series) and Library/Record(another a bit more "faithful" part, if you take out episode 43 and the whole end of episode 42 and add back the thriller elements, blood and action scenes).
Tokyo Revelations begin at the very end of Episode 42 when group , with the help of Fai, escape from the Rekord world, where they stole the book, etc, became criminals and were hunted to be killed...They end up in Tokyo.

As for more - there are hm...four worlds already after this, with a lot more revelations, deaths and so called "puzzle pieces" to the overall plot.

According to readers, the next issue of Shonen Magazine, out tomorrow in Japan, states that a "big announcement" regarding Tsubasa will be made in the obi strip that will come with volume 24, which is set for a July 17 release.
A lot of us have speculated that the OVA for "Infinity" or so called "mafia tournament" arc adaptation will be announced, which is one of the darkest parts in the story with lots of things Fai and even more things Sakura. Will our speculations come out true? Only Time will tell.

the_seventh_l said:

Except that the main emphasis of the Acid Tokyo arc was on Sakura and Syaoran and the whole clone issue. It basically set up the second half of the series.

Yes, Fai becoming a vampire is important and Kuro's sacrifice, etc, but that doesn't become a large part of the story until Infinity/Celes.

**wishes people would stop forgetting Sakura and Syaoran are the stars of Tsubasa, not K/F**

Everyone is spotlight...We are basically sad that they took out that very emotional flashback about Fai, which of course is understandable because another OVA set did not have the green light yet. There's still a possibility that they will include that scene in Infinity, tho...

As for Kamui/Fuuma/Subaru scene - Well, i am not that sad that it was taken out, but it emphases The bond a bit better.
Jul 19, 2008 5:19 AM

Mar 2008
i really like this kind of animation, i hope they will make a 3rd season in this kind of animation, and the fighting scenes on episode 2 are really bloody awesome good~

i wanna make it clear, this OVA started when they left the record country right????

it's really confusing:
-they continue their journey w/ real shaoran, how about the clone?
-the assistant of FWR is dead but on episode 24-26 on second season, she's there
-also the real shaoran is still captured by FWR on episode 24-26

please make this all clear
tounoyaboysJul 19, 2008 5:22 AM
Aug 3, 2008 4:08 PM

Aug 2007
misaseh098 said:
i really like this kind of animation, i hope they will make a 3rd season in this kind of animation, and the fighting scenes on episode 2 are really bloody awesome good~

i wanna make it clear, this OVA started when they left the record country right????

it's really confusing:
-the assistant of FWR is dead but on episode 24-26 on second season, she's there

Yeah, I thought that they were resuming the story from when the crew left Record Country as well, but things seemed a little out of place.

I heard lots of good things about this OVA, but overall I was disappointed because they attempted to save the storyline by revealing very little bits and pieces about everything and then stringing them together with long dialogues. And they suddenly added this new Fai vampire business - very sudden.

And Sakura going off on her own to retrieve the item was quite a foolish decision. She should know her lack of combat abilities more than anyone else, but it seems like she just got stubborn and her judgment was clouded. Just to make her go on the journey anyway, they gave her a gun (a comparatively easy weapon to use) and they made the monsters look big and threatening when they're actually pushovers. Again, all this about Sakura gaining combat abilities is just too sudden.

However, I do understand the Syaoran and his clone business. I see this as an attempt to save the story of Tsubasa Chronicle. Before, all the crew did was look for feathers. Having done that for two seasons and gotten poor response from viewers, they decided to shift the team's objective to searching for the clone Syaoran, while leaving the collection of feathers to clone Syaoran instead.

And does Sakura even need all her memories back, and will she even assemble all her memories? By her own will, she already abandoned one of her feathers in the Tokyo Government Office.
Aug 4, 2008 5:58 PM

Jan 2008
Tsubasa Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations OVA episode 3~

Truth be told, I was just a tad disappointed with this episode. Since this was the ending of the OVA's I was hoping for more of a conclusive final that didn't leave any loose ends.

The whole Fai and his eye deal was done pretty well. Since I don't read the manga - I wouldn't know how the intensity and adrenaline was in the manga - but I think the anime did a good job of that. I enjoyed how finally Kurogane was showing his soft side and was actually willing to do something for Fai to prevent his death. When Kurogane was holding Fai while he was being affected by the vampire blood - that was such a nice scene. For someone who's not a fan of yaoi - a KuroganeXFai moment popped into my head xD

Sakura's journey was well done. I relished seeing our Princess' journey from small, fragile and weak girl to a strong, stubborn and kick-ass character. It was one time where I felt a really strong bond between the character. Everytime Sakura got hurt, it was hard not to flinch or look with pity. Other's have mentioned that the scene wasn't as bold as it was in the manga - however coming from someone that doesn't read the manga - it was a very overwhelming scene. Personally, I liked Kinomoto Sakura in there, maybe cause I'm a big fan of CardCaptor Sakura xP

I was eager to learn more about Kamui and Subaru - but character development on the vampire twins was not there. Nonetheless, I understand it would have been a little hard considering the time frame CLAMP had to fit everything. One thing that I was sort of angry about was how much Sakura cared for c!Syaoron. I don't know, maybe there's something going on in the manga right now that would explain this - but I would have figured that she would love r!Syaoron like she did the c!Syaoron. I mean, the other one is a clone after all...

In conclusion, Tsubasa Chronicle: Toyko Revelations was exceptionally well done.
Now, I have to go and start reading the manga... T___T

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Aug 5, 2008 3:25 AM

Jul 2007
misaseh098 said:

it's really confusing:

Forget the latter episodes. Episodes 43-52 no longer exist in storyline. Well they never existed in storyline. They were added by previous studio, because they did not want to animate Tokyo. Hence CLAMP canceling the deal with them. Manga from there goes into even darker direction. Manga concept was and is about the change of tone - from the adventurous first chapters of , to sorrowful Shurano/Shirano, to intense and morally ambiguous Record, to twisted, shocking and angst-ridden Tokyo, to the pure depression fest of everyone slowly showing who they really are. Fake smiles, fake words, fake situations - every character hides something for their own selfish wishes.

puedjies said:

Yeah, I thought that they were resuming the story from when the crew left Record Country as well, but things seemed a little out of place.

I heard lots of good things about this OVA, but overall I was disappointed because they attempted to save the storyline by revealing very little bits and pieces about everything and then stringing them together with long dialogues. And they suddenly added this new Fai vampire business - very sudden.

And Sakura going off on her own to retrieve the item was quite a foolish decision. She should know her lack of combat abilities more than anyone else, but it seems like she just got stubborn and her judgment was clouded. Just to make her go on the journey anyway, they gave her a gun (a comparatively easy weapon to use) and they made the monsters look big and threatening when they're actually pushovers. Again, all this about Sakura gaining combat abilities is just too sudden.

However, I do understand the Syaoran and his clone business. I see this as an attempt to save the story of Tsubasa Chronicle. Before, all the crew did was look for feathers. Having done that for two seasons and gotten poor response from viewers, they decided to shift the team's objective to searching for the clone Syaoran, while leaving the collection of feathers to clone Syaoran instead.

And does Sakura even need all her memories back, and will she even assemble all her memories? By her own will, she already abandoned one of her feathers in the Tokyo Government Office.

All the CLAMP manga is always known for long dialogs and sudden plot-twists. Its just that lots of dialogs were simplified in first two seasons, in order to make it more "mainstream" (aka one of the reasons why CLAMP made sure the TC was canceled)

Sakura going on her own was the price for water and information. Had someone else gone there(with skills and everything),, the price would not be worth as much. Sakura always had combat abilities (considering with whom she shares her soul). It was to show her change from the stress and inability to change things, now "instead of wanting help from others, she will bear her sins by herself, no matter what she needs to do or kill, in order to get her goals"

Actually no. Clone concept was there in manga from very beginning(Along with some of the latter revelations). However Animation studio decided to throw it out, because "it was not suitable for children". Which resulted with manga authors, CLAMP, canceling the deal with that studio(after they refused to use Tokyo in the original season2).

Let's make this clear - TC anime series and Revelations are made by two different anime companies. Both are based on same manga, but while in the TC anime series manga authors themselves had no control over it, TRC Revelations was basically written by one of manga authors, Nanase Ohkawa. Director, Producer and everything else is different. The only things same are voice actors and music compositor. The only things TC two seasons share with REvealtions and TRC manga are the character names and concepts of some worlds.

AS for her memories. Its already implied, that with her true love leaving her (Clone), she does not care about her own memories and prioritizes on catching up with him with the hope to get him back into "pre-tokyo state" or at least to end the destruction he is bringing to various worlds.

The main emphasis there, just like in X, RG Veda or Tokyo Babylon is that you can't escape your fate, you can't change the way things work, the only destiny you can change is your own and only if you are fated to do that.

After all both xxxholic manga and TRC manga go on the same motto "There are no coincidences, just hitsuzen

AhenshihaelAug 5, 2008 3:33 AM
Aug 5, 2008 7:20 AM

Aug 2007
@Fai: wow you're a real expert! Thanks for the clarification! A discussion is always enlightening!
Sep 13, 2008 9:35 AM

Dec 2007
erms . COOL ^^ didnt expect SAKURA to turn up ther ^^ hahas . cant wait for the next season though ~ >< hms .
because it cant be just left hanging there right ? :D hahas . weee ~ cant wait :D

Dec 8, 2008 6:35 PM

Aug 2008
I liked these OVAs. They were great in my opinion.
And I always wanted to see some stuff from the manga animated, such as the dimension-warping process and such.
I give these OVAs an 8.

Fai said:

Two big changes:
- Kinomoto was never in there in manga. why she did appear there? -.-
- A bit of yuuko's talk is cut out.

P.S. FOR ANYONE ASKING:
NO CARDCAPTORS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. KINOMOTO WAS THERE FOR PURE FANSERVICE AS HOMAGE. SHE IS NOT RELATED TO PLOT

Is she? Well, Syaoran Li is not quite the same right? Hmm... Mixing in too many look-alike characters from their past works do have its cons heh... Mainly that it really gets extremely confusing at times... ALOT of the times actually.
I can't really know for sure yet (about Sakura Kinomoto), since I'm (was) in the same arc of the Tsubasa manga when I watched this episode and the rest of OVAs, and didn't get to that part yet. By the way, I watched CC Sakura a very long time ago (7-or-so years ago), so I can barely remember some stuff about it.

Other minor changes from the Manga I found were:
Manga: Kamui gets his hand ripped in two.
Manga: When Kurogane orders Mokona to summon his sword, Syaoran(clone), uses magic that forces Mokona summon his sword instead of Kurogane's.
Manga: In the manga, Sakura's injuries are worse. Also she falls, looses her gloves while trying to grasp at the cliff, and injures her hands (fingers) while grinding.

And many other injuries and dialogue that were either ommited or changed.
Not really complaining about it though.
Dec 9, 2008 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
Genix said:
I liked these OVAs. They were great in my opinion.
And I always wanted to see some stuff from the manga animated, such as the dimension-warping process and such.
I give these OVAs an 8.
Is she?

Other minor changes from the Manga I found were:
Manga: Kamui gets his hand ripped in two.
Manga: When Kurogane orders Mokona to summon his sword, Syaoran(clone), uses magic that forces Mokona summon his sword instead of Kurogane's.
Manga: In the manga, Sakura's injuries are worse. Also she falls, looses her gloves while trying to grasp at the cliff, and injures her hands (fingers) while grinding.

And many other injuries and dialogue that were either ommited or changed.
Not really complaining about it though.

As of the Tokyo arc of manga, putting her there had no point ;) The fact that she was put there, with her age same as in CCS series just screams homage or fanservice.

Kamui's hand was not ripped in two it was, broken in manga. Flesh still held the hand together, but you could see dislocated broken bones.

Summoning sword is more like retcon to solve a plothole from manga. Kurogane has his sword and left it by the door, remember? So how could Mokona summon the sword she does not have currently stored? :) Thus they changed the line into summoning the Syaoran's sword for Kurogane :)
Dec 22, 2008 2:41 PM
Sep 2008
It was cool see CCS in TC ,the scene is not of manga but was epic .The OVA 9/10 . Sakura = Tomb Raider xD.

Ya estoy que continuo el manga de Cronicas Tsubasa y esta muy bueno , Sakura se pone seria.
Dec 23, 2008 10:09 PM

Aug 2008
Nice... Where the hell CCS Kinomoto Sakura came from uh? I dun remember her from the manga... Well now that I read all over the thread I got it and now I now she was replaced instead of the Tokyo's souls of the dead... Um interesting... I liked it but it's kinda startling you know... I never expected her there! Overall this OVA was nice n_n

Signs,
Green

P.S.: Fai's (MAL user) is an expert 'cause he reads the manga... So then the manga should be read for all of us to be experts of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles n_n
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2009 9:09 PM
Oct 2007
is tsubasa chronicle related to cardcapter sakura ?
how come in this ova the sakura from cardcapter sakura appeared
Jan 12, 2009 1:29 AM

Jul 2007
ZonSlashSykato said:
is tsubasa chronicle related to cardcapter sakura ?
how come in this ova the sakura from cardcapter sakura appeared

It is in the same multiverse, consisting of various CLAMP universes, titled as "worlds". Some of CLAMP works happen in the same worlds, while others get their own "world", their own universe. Just as stated in multiverse theory, multiverse is a set of infinite number of parallel worlds. In Clampverse case all the worlds are bound by certain set of rules - "Character", "soulmate", "death" and "hitsuzen":

"CCS", "xxxHolic", "X" and "Clamp School Detectives" are set in same world, dubbed as "Japan". It is also assumed by most of fans that it is supposed to be "our world",

Main theme of TRC is the travel through the multiverse itself. TRC mostly crossovers with xxxHolic, but some of the characters from CCS do play an important role in the plot, although mostly in non-personal manner, as elements of story or storyline background.
Mar 8, 2009 10:25 PM

Jun 2008
Finished it today, at last.

10/10

Watching Sakura as you say Crysyal, was awesome, though my heart just couldnt take anymore of her pain! =(
I was REALLY surprised that this plot was semi-alternative, because i wasnt really happy with that ending of season 2. And by some pic, i've already seen that Syaoran, so i watched the OVA. I must say that this is one of the best "turn-around"s i've ever watched. Cant wait the Shunraiki!! T_T

EDIT : First i thought, at the end of the episode 3, Sakura's right eye was red. I was like "holy &!'^3, did i miss something?"...it was just her blood lol.

EDIT 2 : Anybody, Kamui ==> Lelouch?
Mar 30, 2009 6:37 AM

Jul 2007
nasu said:

EDIT : First i thought, at the end of the episode 3, Sakura's right eye was red. I was like "holy &!'^3, did i miss something?"...it was just her blood lol.

Its a minor eye injury. Just like when something bigger gets into your eye and it goes bloody red.
Jun 3, 2009 2:58 PM

Feb 2009
wow this OVA was amazing. Also loved the sakura scenes, as well as the animation style. I'd like a remake of the series now that I've seen how good it can be. ;_;
Jun 7, 2009 12:02 PM
May 2009
This completely floored me. I watched part of Tsubasa chronicles season one because I was extremely interested in the plot and characters, and I thought it would be amazing. What I got was a snooze fest and I quickly dropped the series - talk about the king of fillers and long pans across expressionless faces where nothing happens, and even the action scenes were sucky.

Anyways when I found out that Studio IG did this, and when I saw the high ratings, I gave this a try a while ago and loved it. It reminded me of why I like the fantasy genre so much. This really is Tsubasa done right. What makes me sad is that they didn't do the whole series, instead it's just these brief OVAs.

Sorry, I had to say that.
Jul 30, 2009 8:55 AM

Jul 2009
That was a really good OVA and I hope Shunraiki is just as good! It was pretty awesome when Sakura was fighting all those monsters but to be fair she would've died XD.
Oct 31, 2009 6:37 PM

Oct 2009
This was amazing. I've just got past this part in the manga and decided to watch the OVA. Considering I was REALLY dissapointed with the anime's second season I was really looking forward to this <3 And it was amazing. 10/10 for sure.
Jan 19, 2010 6:31 PM

Dec 2009
Absolute master peice. . . it was genius to have Sakura, who is always waiting, have them wait for her to return for a change. Mad respect for Sakura. Fai is a vampire!!! Five stars
Jun 11, 2010 4:47 PM

Jan 2009
awesome!

I got such a bad feeling, when i was watching Fai turning into a vampire, poor Fai. :(
The episode was great, good to see sakura do somthing like that ;)
And seeing that Kurogane cares about Fai that muchis so sweet ^^

Those OVA was just AWESOME, there should have been more.!
Edward Elric <3 Lavi <3 Fai. D Flourite <3 Shizu-Chan <3 Sause Uchiha ! <33
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=11018 - FMAB fan club. for thoses who wants to join ^^

Jun 24, 2010 1:55 AM

Sep 2009
wow... I really didn't expect ANYTHING that happend in the OVA... =_=''
but that was great~!!! I was so glad to really see fai's true self ^^
and the fact that sakura really faught and didn't just wait was great ><!!!
but why does it have to end so... open? ><''
(I really need to read the manga... )

I really hope there will be a continue =.=...
Sorry I'm late. I got lost on the road of life. -Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
A dropout will beat a genius through hard work. -Rock Lee (Naruto)

Jun 24, 2010 2:21 AM

Jul 2009
nasu said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that =D.
But I liked Kamui even more than Lelouch... I have to start reading Tokyo Babylon/X one of these days.
KyunVampireGirlJun 25, 2010 10:06 AM
Sep 8, 2010 6:36 AM
Feb 2010
I've seen this so so so many times, and yet it's still managing to make me cry, even now.
Especially this episode.

And it's funny, since it's so difficult for me to cry now. But this, even after seeing this OVA over and over, it makes me cry everytime.

That line, from Sakura "I'm sorry... I am sure that you are in much more pain than I. But even so, I'm so glad that you're still alive" *Fai-san gasps and gently sobs*

WAH! and that line that I've always loved so much from the Manga "My one and only Princess" I love TRC so so so so so so so so so so much.

The OVAS show the strong bond between the group and how much they've came to truly care for and love each other. True Love between Syaoran and Sakura and True Friendship between the group, especially Kurogane and Fai. The relationships between everyone of them is absolute. Everytime I see this I come to love TRC more and more and damn it, now I want to reread the Manga. Again. <3 T___T
Sep 19, 2010 5:44 AM

Aug 2009
kurotsuki said:
the one thing they removed and that I don't appreciate is the part in which Kamui attacks Fuma , only to be grabbed by Fuma and then Fuma says that his brother told him to be careful of Subaru when he gets mad .
Why didn't they put that scene >_>

I TOTALLY SECOND THAT!!!!
Truthfully I was looking forward for that!!! DX
Sep 19, 2010 5:45 AM

Aug 2009
nekonekogirl said:
nasu said:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that =D.
But I liked Kamui even more than Lelouch... I have to start reading Tokyo Babylon/X one of these days.

Yeah you should (wink wink)
Sep 19, 2010 6:01 AM

Aug 2009
There are few thing that I'm pissed about, but I gotta admit the animation was AWESOME!!! (as expected from Production I.G)
AnYway,
1. They cancel out all the nice/good scenes of Fuuma and Kamui. Like the one that Kamui hurt Fuuma when he says his Seishiro's brother. Kamui even got hugged after that !!! [What a waste ><]

2. After Subaru asked Fuuma how was Seishiro, Fuuma actually asked Kamui to go see the guys of the Tower and Government Building, being their former leader and all. They actually walked side by side [I know this scene is knida pointless but i can't help it, I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!]

3. And Kamui and Fuuma has less staring at each other in the OVA *hmph

4. There is also a scene where Kamui's arm actually got separated (seriously) but in the OVA, it only got broken by Clone Syaoran... (suddenly its X all over again haha)

Gotta admit there is a lot of chages but that would be expected but for the Sakura Kinomoto appearing scene is probably associtared with the manga in later chapter (that I can't tell since it;s in the Clow Country arc in manga)
Jan 16, 2011 12:43 AM

Aug 2010
Seriously, I am I the only one who liked Sakura Kinomoto's appearance? Since her cameo later in the series isn't going to be animated, I thought this was a great way to have her still be in the OVAs. Plus, it fits.

Jan 22, 2011 1:07 PM

Dec 2010
Not as good as the other two episodes (maybe because compared to Syaoran and Fai, Sakura is just like... ehh) but don't get me wrong AWESOME OVA and truly worthy of all the hype i have heard from it, i hope the second OVA is just as good 10/10.
Apr 27, 2011 1:10 AM

Jul 2007
JaganshiHiei1987 said:
I was kinda disappointed with the series, but the OVAs were awesome. The animation was great. Can't wait to see the second OVA.

Warning: Either read up to the manga before you do or be warned: there's around ~150 chapter gap between the events of Tokyo Revealtions and Shunraiki :)
Nov 4, 2011 3:01 PM

Feb 2009
This had one of the hardest moments I have ever witnessed in anime, watching a character like Sakura going through what she went to pay a price for someone else. This is almost on par with the tragic pasts of Chopper and Robin from One Piece (and you can't deny the similarities in the story).

Great conclusion to the OVA/chapter. I need to watch/read the following events, great story this is turning out to be.
Nov 4, 2011 3:02 PM

Feb 2009
Fai said:
JaganshiHiei1987 said:
I was kinda disappointed with the series, but the OVAs were awesome. The animation was great. Can't wait to see the second OVA.

Warning: Either read up to the manga before you do or be warned: there's around ~150 chapter gap between the events of Tokyo Revealtions and Shunraiki :)

Thanks for this warning, I will continue reading the manga from now on.
Aug 6, 2012 6:21 PM
Apr 2012
Which manga chapter is used for this?
Aug 11, 2012 4:48 PM

May 2010
OMg Sakura did something!!! Unlike her Naruto counterpart
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 16, 2012 7:04 AM

Mar 2010
Love it :)
Oct 12, 2013 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
So Sakura changed from being he most useless damsel in distress (being asleep more than being awake etc.) to one of the toughest girls in anime history..

I do not mind little things one does not know anyways without reading the manga, and 70% of the time you guys scream "filler" i enjoy it anyways, but even with Fate Stay/Fate Zero it was not hat much difference.

I would really love a (more) full faithful adaption, doesn't matter if it's the chapters used for the original two seasons, or a sequel.
May 8, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2007
NwAurion said:
So Sakura changed from being he most useless damsel in distress (being asleep more than being awake etc.) to one of the toughest girls in anime history..

That's the problem with adaptation, not the material.

She started as being mostly asleep and then after two arcs or so became more and more active as more and more feathers were added

Beetrain adaptation simply had absolutely no fucking idea on HOW to fit her into the fillers, so they chose to have her asleep for most of them anyway and to drag out the first few story arcs into insane lengths.

Ridiculously they chose to outright NOT adapt one or two story arcs that were Sakura-focused, for whatever reason(sexism?)

Acid Tokyo (this one) story arc is pretty much the longest she has slept and it leads to quite a huge shift in both her personality and her behavior, going from being more passive to being someone who sets the things in motion behind the scenes.
Jun 27, 2014 1:12 AM

Jun 2009
Probably my favorite of the OVA, then again the events covered here were actually my favorite of the arc in the manga so it isn't too surprising. Still, I'm not too keen on how Sakura's moment with Kurogane right before she left to get the egg was handled, I really liked the panel in the manga where it was just them two with nothing else, as it felt like a moment of understanding between the two of them. They also didn't use the similar panel for the moment where Syaoran says there is something he wants to protect and looks at Sakura. It felt like kind of an ambiguous scene there.

However, the Fai and Sakura moments were handled well, I thought and I love how they handled Sakura's journey. I don't like how they cut out the short glimpse of Fai's past, it was very intriguing I thought.

As far as Sakura from CCS, I thought that was pretty cool to be honest. A nice little nod to that show, though I guess it wasn't too sound a move to cut out the ghosts. Unless they were foreshadowing something down the road? I don't know.

edit: Also, I really liked Sakura in this arc. Aside from Piffle world, she hadn't done much on her own terms so seeing her take action and, apparently, resolving to do pretty much anything, including getting her hands dirty, makes me very interested in where her character is taken from here on out. Well, time for the rest of the manga to find out!
Ston3_FreeN7Jun 27, 2014 1:16 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 28, 2014 4:51 PM

Jan 2010
Many years ago when I first stumbled upon MAL, I recall going through the anime listed here by order of ranking. I remember seeing Tokyo Revelations being relatively high in ranking compared to the rest of the series, but I didn't know why. Before that though, I had no idea what Tsubasa Chronicle was even about, beyond the fact that it involved Cardcaptor Sakura characters. Despite that, CCS was a show which, at the time, was a childhood show which I never watched to the end.

So, I did some research, I found as many CLAMP works I could get, got through all of them somehow, and finally started my Tsubasa Chronicle marathon. It was great seeing all the references and crossovers, but there was a real lack of urgency and meaning in the journey. There wasn't ever a number or anything to how many feathers were scattered, so the journey could have very well went on forever. Plus, it didn't feel right having Yuki Kajiura's music play over a giant Sanyun destroying a city Godzilla style or when they were in a flying vehicle race. All the way I wanted the show to pick whether it wanted to be a happy-go-lucky adventure or a serious adventure. I was fine with either, but jumping back and forth made the show seem like it wanted to have it all without investing in either.

Well, now that I've finally finished Tokyo Revelations, I can see why it's so highly rated compared to the rest of the series. It wasn't the increased production quality or the bloodshed. There were actual revelations this time. There's now a clear heading for where this series is going. Things are finally at stake and changes are finally being made. Also, the idea of messing with time/space/dimensions was brought up before, but the implications were never really shown or discussed. With Sakura Kinomoto's image appearing in what seems to be a post-apocalyptic Tokyo, I can only guess where the manga goes with it all.

...Although, I might need a bit of a break. That was some heavy stuff. Whew.

Also, reading the previous comments, it seems even these OVAs cut stuff out of the manga and added various things, leaving much to be desired. Now I'm really interested in how the original played and will play out.
ShockedJun 28, 2014 4:58 PM
Jan 5, 2015 10:59 AM

Apr 2009
and it became cardcaptor sakura.
Jan 24, 2016 8:44 PM
Aug 2011
Kyaaaaaaaaa, my lovely Kinomoto Sakura! Insta-10/10!!
ezaya said:
and it became cardcaptor sakura.

I wish everything became Cardcaptor Sakura.

Seriously though, I will overrate this a bit (by my own standards) because this and the Celes arcs were the best in the manga for me.
It's nice to see at least one of them done justice especially in comparison to that other garbage from Bee Train lol. I checked out a couple of episodes of the TV series and holy crap those were awful.

There was a thing or two here missing from the manga that made Kurogane feel more emotionally invested/protective towards Sakura but it wasn't a big deal. I only point this out because Kurogane is such a bro.
Jul 5, 2016 4:32 AM

Dec 2014
the whole Ova was so mind blowing... it's like everything changed for the group......
I am speechless and amzed and at the same time
Oct 24, 2017 3:37 PM

Oct 2015
This OVA was not bad in fact it was good but I wished to have seen Kamui in more action than he was.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 14, 2018 10:22 AM

Sep 2017
Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations-8/10
Not really appealing, but still okay?
They should have adapted the entire manga till the very end. Otherwise, this is just a single arc. I am giving it same score as I did for Tsubasa chronicles 1st season.
Gonna listen to some good ol' BLAZE.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 8, 2019 10:00 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
This OVA is pretty amazing. If only the TV series was as good as this.
The best part was the soundtrack.

Too bad Fai’s past was not animated though.
Jul 7, 2020 7:27 AM
Jul 2009
This was really good. It fixed a lot of the problems I had with episode 2 like explaining why Syaoran wasn't real. Also, now we know why Sakura's feathers went everywhere in the first place.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» watch order to link tsubasa with xxxholic

kay84 - Jan 8, 2022

5 by VampireLine »»
Feb 8, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations

KingSunWukong - Jan 9

3 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Jan 10, 9:20 AM

Poll: » How would you rate the opening of Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations ?

KingSunWukong - Dec 14, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:22 AM

» How dark, violent, brutal, bloody, gore, emotional, sad, gritty and mature and cut content are the arcs preceding the "Tokyo Revelations" arc in the manga compared to the animated television series and the "Tokyo Revelations" arc onwards ?

KingSunWukong - Oct 30, 2023

2 by MeatBallHead_78 »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:36 AM

» Reboot?

Yuuki-Manaka - Jul 12, 2021

4 by LordYozefu »»
Aug 8, 2021 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.