Forum Settings
Forums

Cancelled non-fapping contest with no signups v9.5

New
Oct 5, 2017 2:42 PM

Oct 2010

In keeping with the No Fap tradition started by 'Martin', I, one of the former No Fap Hosts have decided to hold the side contest counterpart of the currently running "No Fap Contest V9".
The format will remain similar to V9, with no Discord involvement (which resulted in V8 being a 'wasteland'), similar rules and will feature betting.
However, I also plan to bring back the 'achievements' that were in previous iterations.

Specifics

• This contest will begin on never at no time and last for 40 days
  • As aforementioned, betting amongst participants will be available, with achievements for the less risky types
  • The check-in period is a more lenient 5 days, though ecchi/hentai material is still required (Examples such as a girl in a bikini or a bodybuilder in a speedo will suffice)
  • Those who sign-up late once the contest can either take the place of spectators or 'jizz imps' (Since the resident 'Semen Demons', @Frag- and @You have been rather lazy :P). Spectators do have the ability to challenge current participants with bets (though participants can do the same).

The Challengers

Bets

Achievements
DeadSnow24thOct 8, 2017 12:53 PM
Oct 5, 2017 6:42 PM

Dec 2014
i'm am in, uh
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Oct 5, 2017 6:53 PM

Oct 2010
I shall call upon the following:

@Darek
@thegreatnathyboy
@VIKINGUBERMENSCH
@Cold
@Lord_Sithis
@VincentRuckaRuc
@Royal-Guard-Reli
@Mr_Perv_
@Modest_Kuudere
@LackofAfro
@no_good_name
@HenryClay
@Gabagool
@ixaa
@PriestOfJustice
@Wary_Wolf
@TheRealMC
@LPGeneratorx
@Hoppy

Oct 5, 2017 7:12 PM

Nov 2016
No thank you, I was too busy to check in last time and I can't ensure that I'll be able to follow through this year.
Oct 5, 2017 7:19 PM

Nov 2015
I will only participate in NoFaps hosted by @DeadSnow24th . With that being said I'll try but I will not promise good results lol. Barely have time to check in these days (which is how I was knocked out of the last one)
Oct 5, 2017 7:20 PM

Jul 2016
I'll see after the other no fap ends >.>
Oct 5, 2017 8:20 PM

Nov 2008
I am in, I'm not going to be too busy for the rest of the year.

Oct 5, 2017 8:43 PM

Aug 2014
Fuck it. Sign me up.

Click here to join our club Discord. Member or not, feel free to join. We are active everyday.
Oct 6, 2017 3:45 AM

Jun 2013
Always down for torturing myself, sign me up pls
Oct 6, 2017 7:07 AM
Jul 2018
Thanks for the offer man but I'm not really in the mood to refrain from fapping. Maybe next time.
Oct 6, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
if more then 10 people join this then im in
Oct 6, 2017 1:06 PM

May 2014
You don't even wanna know how I lost if I'd been in this yesterday
Oct 6, 2017 4:03 PM

Oct 2010
I also think I'll be calling upon some other usual suspects:
@Kuri_TT0
@End_Of_Summer
@Ardanaz
@Malarkey
@Purpose
@CookieGawd
@Macewindexx
@BurningSpirit
@Mkim
@Herebius
Oct 6, 2017 4:08 PM
Jan 2013
ye ye y'know what I'll bite
I've been feeling tired lately and maybe it's the time to stop wanking all the goddamn time
gone bai bai
Oct 6, 2017 4:28 PM

Apr 2016
What the actual fuck dude. The current host, the one who took the role of host because you kept abusing your powers as host, the current host that happens to be ME, told you specifically that I did not want a mid contest to take place. People were complaining about them happening too frequently and I hoped that lengthening the gap between contests would help with the dwindling turn out rates of no fap. I ask as the host of MAL No Fap Contest that you delete this thread, cancel the no fap, and apologize to everyone who has signed up so far.
Oct 6, 2017 4:35 PM
Jan 2013
Well damn
wank drama
gone bai bai
Oct 6, 2017 4:40 PM

Oct 2010
Mkim said:
Well damn
wank drama

Don't worry about it, v9.5 signups are going to remain up.
This side contest is just a one-time thing.
DeadSnow24thOct 6, 2017 5:25 PM
Oct 6, 2017 5:38 PM

Aug 2014
On second thought, remove me from the signup please. I'm just going to stay out of this one, both the drama and the contest.

Click here to join our club Discord. Member or not, feel free to join. We are active everyday.
Oct 6, 2017 5:43 PM

Apr 2016
DeadSnow24th said:
Mkim said:
Well damn
wank drama

Don't worry about it, v9.5 signups are going to remain up.
This side contest is just a one-time thing.
Outright ignoring me huh? Well I could always reveal that one little old deepest secret of yours Snow. Spread it around MAL.
Oct 6, 2017 5:45 PM
Jan 2013
What happened on these few contests I haven't been in for a genitalia tickling denial competition derive such a strong oppositional message like that
gone bai bai
Oct 6, 2017 5:59 PM

Oct 2010
Modest_Kuudere said:
On second thought, remove me from the signup please. I'm just going to stay out of this one, both the drama and the contest.

Okay, I'll remove you

@Mkim:
Discord stuff that shouldn't pouring MAL forums
Oct 6, 2017 6:01 PM
Jan 2013
lolk
gone bai bai
Oct 6, 2017 6:03 PM

Oct 2010

I even state in the description on first post that there won't be any Discord involvement.
Oct 6, 2017 6:13 PM

Apr 2016
DeadSnow24th said:
Modest_Kuudere said:

Okay, I'll remove you

@Mkim:
Discord stuff that shouldn't pouring MAL forums
Except it's also from your irrational behavior during contests v8 and 8.5 that I took over hosting. To make sure that didn't happen again.
Oct 6, 2017 7:04 PM

Oct 2015
no thanks, i just cant. I know how weak i am now. I am defeated.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Oct 6, 2017 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
i'm up. i kept losing the other ones bcuz i forgot to check in but ive been on MAl more nowadays so i'll prob be good
Oct 6, 2017 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
Count me in, although I'll be visiting the states during that period.. if you know what I mean

Ericonator said:

>__>

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Oct 7, 2017 11:48 AM

Oct 2010
ixaa said:
i'm up. i kept losing the other ones bcuz i forgot to check in but ive been on MAl more nowadays so i'll prob be good

kiss said:
Count me in, although I'll be visiting the states during that period.. if you know what I mean

Ericonator said:

>__>

Alright, both of you have been added to the list.
I'll see if I find more participants from past contests to "ping"
Oct 8, 2017 8:34 AM

Dec 2015
For the information of all the people thinking about joining here or those who've joined already. I would like to let you know that this contest is being hosted without any consent from the current host: @Codename_ZQ

It would nice if you could abstain from joining for now, as it's not in good taste to host such a contest behind someone's back and ignore any prior agreements related to this, and as an official contest should be on the way eventually (Rather, the current one is still ongoing). Thank's for paying attention and sorry for the inconvenience here, as this thread is gathering/going to gather drama quickly. And i assume no one wants to take part in drama willingly.

As for @Deadsnow24th, it will be nicely requested to remove this post and cancel this "contest", notify the current participants, and to ASK AND LISTEN to people before doing things.
AllOct 8, 2017 8:40 AM
Oct 8, 2017 12:48 PM

Oct 2010
Welp, there's not much else I can do other cancel this side contest.
To be honest, I came up with this while trying to fap one day and thought "I wanna quit fapping". And with already losing V9, I felt like doing a v9.5.

But there's no point in me even being involved in NoFap anymore, even doing it on my own, and as much as it hurts, the NoFap community on MyAnimeList is just dying out.

Some people are content with continuing to stimulate themselves while watching ecchi/hentai and others see no point in 'torturing themselves' by not fapping. Though it may have some activity on Reddit and other parts of the Internet, this particular branch is already rotting.

Even if the contests are spaced between months or years, the list of participants all trickles down within the first two weeks or so, and that is a disappointing trend on its own. We've tried having achievements, 'time trials', 'survival challenges' and other things to keep interest.. to no avail.

NoFap was once prosperous on here, but now it is slowly withering.

I don't know what else to say at this point. @Codename_ZQ may continue aimlessly trying to throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks and I'm better off just going back to being an obscure MAL user.

Sayanora.
DeadSnow24thOct 8, 2017 12:57 PM
Oct 8, 2017 1:51 PM

Apr 2014
Ok so @Codename_ZQ V8 & 8.5 is old news & pretty much between that time and now a lot of shit has changed as you know, the drama that transpired, dead deleting the NFC server, you making your own server and all the bs that happened in between (also certain people attitudes changing) that we don't really need to discuss & everything that happened during that time & mainly secrets that were told should stay as secrets and really shouldn't be used to threaten anyone because you're not getting your way, that's childish.

As my commenting on this now tho dead has already canceled the side NFC with reluctance
Oct 8, 2017 11:17 PM

Apr 2017
@Codename_ZQ is just an asshole like us and he hates others like himself.

and I agree with perv that you shouldn't use knowledge given in confidence to get your way, doing things like that makes you worse than those you dislike, those who break trust are scum.

we all know you won't tell anyone anything because that would make you look bad and then people will see that you are just as bad as those you dislike.

good luck d-bag...

Oct 9, 2017 2:01 PM

Apr 2016
The_Watcher_92 said:

and I agree with perv that you shouldn't use knowledge given in confidence to get your way, doing things like that makes you worse than those you dislike, those who break trust are scum.

we all know you won't tell anyone anything because that would make you look bad and then people will see that you are just as bad as those you dislike.

good luck d-bag...

Yeah this isn't how I got him to shut it all down. He's said he didn't give a shit about me spreading his secrets. It was a bluff. One that Snow called since he knew I've never gone through with it before cause I'm not the kinda person that goes out of their way to undermine another. I went through mods and gathered support of my friends who also knew what Snow was doing was completely dickheaded. Snow cracked and canceled. It's over now mate. No changing things. And getting lectured by you and Perv is just the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen. The two most immature users on MAL lecturing another about being childish. It's just so funny to me. Anyway let Snow be. He made his decision.
Oct 9, 2017 2:23 PM

Oct 2010
Codename_ZQ said:
The_Watcher_92 said:

good luck d-bag...

Yeah this isn't how I got him to shut it all down. He's said he didn't give a shit about me spreading his secrets. It was a bluff. One that Snow called since he knew I've never gone through with it before cause I'm not the kinda person that goes out of their way to undermine another. I went through mods and gathered support of my friends who also knew what Snow was doing was completely dickheaded. Snow cracked and canceled. It's over now mate. No changing things. And getting lectured by you and Perv is just the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen. The two most immature users on MAL lecturing another about being childish. It's just so funny to me. Anyway let Snow be. He made his decision.

The thing is, it's not dickheaded, at least to me. You want to call it dickheaded, when I was just a guy who acted on an idea in his head.

As stated before, I came up with the idea after trying to fap and quitting after an hour. I went ahead and did it because I wanted to quit fapping due to questionable thoughts in my mind whenever I did.

With already losing V9, my reasons for doing NoFap are gone because there's no pressure. And with no side contests, it's like "Oh well, I'll just remain a fapping loser forever".

There was no ill intent in doing this and it kept to a tradition started by @Martin. Side contests give the losers of the main contests another shot without having to wait months.

I know you have this grand scheme to space out NoFap, but all things in life have a cycle. V10 could be postponed for 1 or 2 years, and it still may not revive NoFap. Also, we can't stop the trend of dwindling participants because it is a forum game and not all people take it seriously (like the people on Reddit and other forums lol).

I'm not trying to be a dick, asshole, or whatever. I'm not trying to pooh-pooh on your optimism either. I'm just being blunt here. If throwing out these honest truths (which are shared by some other NoFap contest veterans) makes me a dick, then fuck my Asperger's (or "autism spectrum disorder" as it is apparently blanketed under now, thanks to new DSM definition) diagnosis.

And you say you don't want any side contests, which I still don't recall (as well as me giving up the torch, which we know was a cover-up for all the political stuff regarding this contest). So my memory can go fuck itself too, I guess.

There's other stuff I could say, but I loathe getting further embedded in this argument. The only difference is that all this drama stuff is out in the open, in the public view of MAL now.

I'll just stick to writing, since no drama comes out of that
Oct 9, 2017 8:24 PM

Apr 2017
Codename_ZQ said:
The_Watcher_92 said:

good luck d-bag...

i'll say it now rather than later but I don't give two shits about these NFC things.
I just came here when I heard about your shit, and you would have done it, until lord sithis told you that that might break the MAL rules, then he said go to a mod.

and I never called you childish, I called you an ass & a d-bag, plus unlike you I know what I am, I don't need some twofaced bitch to tell me what I am, oh and I hear you got warned by a mod lol.

and again unlike you, I've never threatened to tell others secrets just to get my way. I pulled 1 prank and abused the kek button on discord. not as bad as this shit lol.

p.s don't let the mods warning get you too sad. LOFL
Oct 13, 2017 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
@lostoptimism So you're closign just because it's inactive?
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Oct 13, 2017 12:11 PM

Oct 2010
Frag- said:
@lostoptimism So you're closign just because it's inactive?

@Codename_ZQ had requested that it be cancelled.
I could have the mods delete this thread and just make a new signup thread, though it may not attract much hype
Oct 13, 2017 10:09 PM

Jul 2012
Hahaha.... sorry sorry, just the thread kinda title made me laugh a bit. Imagined everyone like "i'm not that again nowaaaay!!"

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

» Vending Machine ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FarCritical - Nov 7, 2022

851 by DoctorWasabi »»
1 minute ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7686 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
2 minutes ago

» lowercase chat thread v.21 ghouls and goblins edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Oct 13, 2023

5643 by OniMage »»
4 minutes ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

2910 by ArabianLuffy »»
6 minutes ago

» ^Say Something About The Person Above You^ V.11 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kunii - Mar 24

178 by R-unknown »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.