Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2017 3:33 PM

Aug 2015
-Melancholy- said:
ultravigo said:
Why does his/her sex matter in this conversation?You know you're being a bigot yourself with statement like that right.
P.S. And funniest think of all,this statement is from your profile 'However, I am okay with other people not liking yaoi.It's not for everyone'.But you're attacking a user here and calling him/her homophobe because he/she didn't like some yaoi ships.

I never called the previous user a homophobe. If you bothered reading anything, I called someone ELSE that. But nice try attempting to sound smart, hun.

I don't think someone is a homophobe when they don't like yaoi - I think someone is a homophobe when they're scared shitless of gay people - NOT yaoi. So try minding your own business, man. You failed massively just now.

Next time, learn your place, and don't jump to conclusions.
First to be clear i never said that you accused being homophobe to that previous user.I just said you were attacking and accusing Yorozuyaaa being a homophobe just because he/she didn't like yaoi ships and being bigot yourself with that statement of yours to the previous user.Am i something missing here or was it just a sarcasm?
ultravigoOct 27, 2017 3:41 PM
Oct 27, 2017 3:58 PM

Mar 2017
ultravigo said:
-Melancholy- said:

I never called the previous user a homophobe. If you bothered reading anything, I called someone ELSE that. But nice try attempting to sound smart, hun.

I don't think someone is a homophobe when they don't like yaoi - I think someone is a homophobe when they're scared shitless of gay people - NOT yaoi. So try minding your own business, man. You failed massively just now.

Next time, learn your place, and don't jump to conclusions.
First to be clear i never said that you accused being homophobe to that previous user.I just said you were attacking and accusing Yorozuyaaa being a homophobe just because he/she didn't like yaoi ships and being bigot yourself with that statement of yours to the previous user.Am i something missing here or was it just a sarcasm?

I called Yorozuyaaa a homophobe because they acted disgusted at the sound of male x male. Not because they didn't like yaoi.

Yaoi really isn't for everyone, just like yuri and straight isn't. I really don't care when someone doesn't like yaoi - but I do care when others feel the need to single out fujoshis because they like yaoi. You feel me?

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Oct 27, 2017 4:07 PM

Jan 2017
Ehm Sakamoto x Mutsu best power couple that nobody acknowledge
Oct 27, 2017 4:18 PM

Aug 2015
-Melancholy- said:
ultravigo said:

I called Yorozuyaaa a homophobe because they acted disgusted at the sound of male x male. Not because they didn't like yaoi.

Yaoi really isn't for everyone, just like yuri and straight isn't. I really don't care when someone doesn't like yaoi - but I do care when others feel the need to single out fujoshis because they like yaoi. You feel me?
I can understand you getting over angry about previous user but why anger over Yorozuyaaa though he just said he only disliked yaoi/yuri ships . He only called people idiot who like incest[Meh ignore him let him get angry over some people anime fantasies].Lets call out it a peace and forgive me if i was harsh.
Oct 27, 2017 4:19 PM

Mar 2017
ultravigo said:
-Melancholy- said:

I can understand you getting over angry about previous user but why anger over Yorozuyaaa though he just said he only disliked yaoi/yuri ships . He only called people idiot who like incest[Meh ignore him let him get angry over some people anime fantasies].Lets call out it a peace and forgive me if i was harsh.

Haha, I understand. Yea, we're all good. ^-^

Oct 29, 2017 4:15 PM
Aug 2016
Let's be honest
The only ship that seems logical and reasonable is otae x kondo
I don't want kagura or gintoki in the last chapter with their love coz gintoki always in love hotels or something like that and kagura doesn't know anything about romantic love
And of course i hate yaoi/yuri ships in gintama and i disgusted when i've see incest ships
Oct 29, 2017 10:24 PM

Jul 2017
Katsura x Ikumatsu is enough for me. I don't care if GinTsu or OkiKagu won't happen (they're my top OTPs) but KatsuMatsu being canon is the best bec Katsura clearly has feelings for Ikumatsu.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Nov 4, 2017 12:12 AM

Jun 2013
I shit on shippers but I'm shipper myself so I'm shit too.

Kondo x Tae of course.

followed by

Shinpachi x glasses
臭い-
Nov 4, 2017 1:08 AM

Mar 2014
Gintoki x Tama is the canon ship.
Nov 4, 2017 7:46 AM

Jul 2014
OKIKAGU!!! also GINTSU FAN!!!
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Nov 5, 2017 2:54 PM

Sep 2016
Hijikata x Gintoki and Gintoki x Takasugi. Why? Cause 801 is love, 801 is life.
Nov 5, 2017 3:40 PM

Apr 2011
Bansai/Takasugi is my OTP. There are many other ships I like tho.
Nov 5, 2017 11:49 PM

Feb 2014
rofl Shinpachi x pandemonium +1

Zura x Ikumatsu for sure yea
Hijikata already had his ship sink
Yamazaki x anpan

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Nov 6, 2017 12:39 AM

Mar 2014
I wish someone could explain to me the appeal of Tsukuyo x Gintoki. She's always hitting him and they don't even have many scenes together anymore iirc. From shippers I've talked to, most of them like this ship because of the yoshiwara arc and because she's a woman and he's a guy and because she loves him. Anyway I really find this ship absolutely boring and without chemistry

for me, it would be first of all Kondo x Otae because disregarding their comedic moments there's lots of development there and Otae has warmed up to him so I think they will be endgame

And then I definitely ship Hijikata x Gintoki because they have amazing chemistry, their episodes together are always a blast, they always act tsundere around each other instead of admitting they see each other as a friend, they trust each other with their lives in critical moments and last but certainly not least the Farewell Shinsengumi scene in the end.
DanaeNov 6, 2017 12:46 AM
Nov 6, 2017 12:41 AM
Aug 2016
-Melancholy- said:
ultravigo said:

If some paople can love yaoi I can find it disgusting as well. What is the problem? Fujoshis can do whatever thay want. I don't mind. Why do you care about my thought then? (BTW I am not male)
Nov 6, 2017 12:51 AM

Jan 2010
I'm so sad by the amount of Gintoki x Tsukuyo shipper T~T

I'm an avid shipper but I don't have ships in Gintama! Gasp!
And Gintoki should be alone forever! He's not up for some romance.

Though, I said I have no SERIOUS ships in Gintama, but I do have some that I entertain. Mostly for the lol.

» Kondo x Otae
» Gintoki x Kagura
» Gintoki x Sacchan
» Gintoki x Hijikata
» Hijikata x Sougo
» Hijikata x Sougo's sister
» Sougo x Nobume

All ships are in fanon.
I'm STRONGLY AGAINST any kind of serious romance in canon Gintama. Seriously.
Except if it handled like Hijikata and Sougo's sister (one of them dies) or if it's only between guest characters like that one arc with the famous prostitute.

The moment Sorachi decides to include serious romance plot for our yorozuya trio, the moment Gintama will drop off of my top anime.
CrimsonMidnightNov 6, 2017 1:05 AM
Nov 6, 2017 7:23 AM

Apr 2017
pgmhecateii said:
I don't like shippings in general but since there's actually a chance for Otae and Kondo, I'll go with that. Oh, there's Hijikata and Mitsuba, but that's history now...T^T My 3rd is for Zura x Ikumatsu, increased likelihood since Ikumatsu got an appearance this season.

Inuchiyo said:
Yamazaki x anpan
lol, is that the equivalent of Sasha x Potato? I prefer Yamazaki x Anpan after all XD

S-quare22, lol at incest
And no, one of the few things I like that are from other shows and not Gintama are the pairings. I prefer Rem x Subaru and Onodera x Raku.....

Haha , Im not into incest. :)
I wanted to add this ship because I saw a lot of fans whom ship them. People would get mad at me if I didn't add this ship.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 6, 2017 11:58 AM

Mar 2017
Yorozuyaaa said:
-Melancholy- said:

If some paople can love yaoi I can find it disgusting as well. What is the problem? Fujoshis can do whatever thay want. I don't mind. Why do you care about my thought then? (BTW I am not male)

I don't mind your thought on it, as long as you don't hate others for it. Simple enough. You only gave me that impression when implicitly saying "you don't feel like responding to a fujoshi."

Nov 6, 2017 2:52 PM

Sep 2014
I love shipping, but I really just . . . don't ship anyone that hard in Gintama.

There are ships I sort of "get behind" more. The top two would be: Kagura x Okita and Katsura x Ikumatsu (though, not sure if it's the characters or the real Katsura and Ikumatsu).

Though, not going to lie, I do appreciate all the Gintama yaoi art ;)
Apr 13, 2018 11:16 PM

Oct 2017
The only ship I care about in Gintama is Gintoki x Tsukuyo. They have a real connection and some meaningful parallels + great chemistry in general. Their relationship was explored in 3 serious arcs + 1 comedy one, its just lame that it likely won't lead anywhere.

Still as long as Gintoki doesn't end up with anyone else (like Otae or some shit..) then its still ok
Apr 13, 2018 11:22 PM

Oct 2017
Danae said:
I wish someone could explain to me the appeal of Tsukuyo x Gintoki. She's always hitting him and they don't even have many scenes together anymore iirc. From shippers I've talked to, most of them like this ship because of the yoshiwara arc and because she's a woman and he's a guy and because she loves him. Anyway I really find this ship absolutely boring and without chemistry

for me, it would be first of all Kondo x Otae because disregarding their comedic moments there's lots of development there and Otae has warmed up to him so I think they will be endgame

And then I definitely ship Hijikata x Gintoki because they have amazing chemistry, their episodes together are always a blast, they always act tsundere around each other instead of admitting they see each other as a friend, they trust each other with their lives in critical moments and last but certainly not least the Farewell Shinsengumi scene in the end.

You probably find it boring because you ship Gintoki with hijikata (most of the hate towards this ship comes from fujoshi..not surprised)..because Gintoki and Tsukuyo together definitely makes sense. Their relationship was explored in 3 serious arcs (not just Yoshiwara) + in the comedy ova and they share a clear connection & have meaningful parallels.

Tsukuyo only hits him when she is drunk and this is a comedy series so that part shouldn't be taken seriously. Otherwise why do you ship Kondo with Otae..considering he is stalking an 18 year old day and night?

Gintoki x Hijikata is just fanfiction, they are really just friends
Apr 14, 2018 8:54 AM

Mar 2014
Aardwolf94 said:
Danae said:

You probably find it boring because you ship Gintoki with hijikata (most of the hate towards this ship comes from fujoshi..not surprised)..because Gintoki and Tsukuyo together definitely makes sense. Their relationship was explored in 3 serious arcs (not just Yoshiwara) + in the comedy ova and they share a clear connection & have meaningful parallels.

Tsukuyo only hits him when she is drunk and this is a comedy series so that part shouldn't be taken seriously. Otherwise why do you ship Kondo with Otae..considering he is stalking an 18 year old day and night?

I'm not a fujoshi bro. I ship any kind of pairing because I like their chemistry. Why is a straight ship considered normal but if you ship something that includes incidentally two male characters you're suddenly a fujoshi? That's a load of crap imo. Most people ship something because of the dynamic between the two of them regardless of their sex.

The thing is, Gintoki has shown zero interest to all female (and male) characters in the show. So I don't care much nor do I hope for anything to be canon. And I totally know that Hijikata x Gintoki is fanfic material. So I am not really bashing Tsukuyo x Gintoki, I just personally find this pairing to have no chemistry, and I am baffled by its widespread appeal because I just don't find it interesting. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

Anyway I agree it's a comedy so I am not taking anything seriously in the show regarding a possible romance. I like Otae x Kondo because I've always laughed my ass off in every episode they are shown. And it was nice to see by the end of the Farewell Shinsengumi arc that she does care about him in any capacity.
Apr 14, 2018 9:41 AM

Oct 2017
Danae said:
Aardwolf94 said:

I'm not a fujoshi bro. I ship any kind of pairing because I like their chemistry. Why is a straight ship considered normal but if you ship something that includes incidentally two male characters you're suddenly a fujoshi? That's a load of crap imo. Most people ship something because of the dynamic between the two of them regardless of their sex.

The thing is, Gintoki has shown zero interest to all female (and male) characters in the show. So I don't care much nor do I hope for anything to be canon. And I totally know that Hijikata x Gintoki is fanfic material. So I am not really bashing Tsukuyo x Gintoki, I just personally find this pairing to have no chemistry, and I am baffled by its widespread appeal because I just don't find it interesting. Nothing more and nothing less than that.

Anyway I agree it's a comedy so I am not taking anything seriously in the show regarding a possible romance. I like Otae x Kondo because I've always laughed my ass off in every episode they are shown. And it was nice to see by the end of the Farewell Shinsengumi arc that she does care about him in any capacity.

Because the straight ships most of the time make sense (not something disgusting like Gintoki x Kagura obviously..), the yaoi stuff is always straight out of fanfiction. If it was confirmed that Gintoki and Hijikata were bisexual it would be just fine but since they are clearly straight I don't see the point.

No, fujoshi in general ship basically only male characters with each other because thats what they prefer. I have seen many girls focused on pairing up two dude's that share some good scenes..and they bash the girls that may have a bigger chance.

Thats true, Gintoki isn't that type of guy. I'm not getting my hopes up for Gintoki x Tsukuyo for that reason. To each their own, I think they fit well together.
Aardwolf94Apr 14, 2018 9:45 AM
Apr 20, 2018 10:43 AM

Jan 2016
GinTae, naturally. it's been teased since the beginning and the only ship that we are still being teased with. The rest of Gin and Tae's harems have accepted their unrequited feelings, Kondo has moved on, so I'm excited to see what's in store for Sacchan, Kyubei, and Tsukuyo that are not focused on their romantic attractions towards Gin and Tae. OkiKagu is the most obvious OTP, but I don't really care if they don't become canon they've already got plenty of shipworthy moments together and that's enough for me.

Apr 22, 2018 12:23 AM

Oct 2017
psychogum said:
GinTae, naturally. it's been teased since the beginning and the only ship that we are still being teased with. The rest of Gin and Tae's harems have accepted their unrequited feelings, Kondo has moved on, so I'm excited to see what's in store for Sacchan, Kyubei, and Tsukuyo that are not focused on their romantic attractions towards Gin and Tae. OkiKagu is the most obvious OTP, but I don't really care if they don't become canon they've already got plenty of shipworthy moments together and that's enough for me.

GinTae might have been a possibility back during the Benizakura-Yagyuu arc time but now it would be ridiculous & terrible writing. Literally no meaningful development of any kind in hundreds of chapters. Sure the others may have unrequited feelings but at least they have feelings. Gintoki and Otae both have shown zero feelings towards each other.

Apr 22, 2018 12:35 AM

Jan 2016
Aardwolf94 said:
psychogum said:

GinTae might have been a possibility back during the Benizakura-Yagyuu arc time but now it would be ridiculous & terrible writing. Literally no meaningful development of any kind in hundreds of chapters. Sure the others may have unrequited feelings but at least they have feelings. Gintoki and Otae both have shown zero feelings towards each other.

Otose saying that she thought GinTae was inevitable would beg to differ. And it's just curious that Sorachi brought GinTae up after he binned the other ships. GinTae meaningful moments might not meet the western hetship fans standard, but they understand each other on a deeper level and Sorachi has kept their meaningful moments subtle since Yagyuu arc to allow the other ships to develop.

Apr 22, 2018 9:35 AM

Oct 2017
psychogum said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Otose saying that she thought GinTae was inevitable would beg to differ. And it's just curious that Sorachi brought GinTae up after he binned the other ships. GinTae meaningful moments might not meet the western hetship fans standard, but they understand each other on a deeper level and Sorachi has kept their meaningful moments subtle since Yagyuu arc to allow the other ships to develop.

That was clear troll though, considering how Sorachi puts an end to Otae x Kondo in the same chapter. Sorachi is basically mocking the typical Naruto/Bleach esque way of the typical timeskip & everyone ending up together. And Gintoki x Otae is the most typical pairing of Gintama, like for an example Ichigo x Orihime was.

Not saying they don't care for each other but at this point they are only connected because of Shinpachi imho. The subtle stuff seems like a bad excuse, again this isn't Naruto/Bleach where the protagonist has shown zero feelings (and this time the girl didn't either), yet somehow they are together at the end with no development. Now I'm not saying Gintoki will end up with someone else, the most likely ending is that he stays alone.

Anything else would be forced at this point.
Apr 23, 2019 3:33 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
None.

There was only one ship in Gintama I cared about, but it sank.
Jun 5, 2019 8:59 AM
Jun 2019
Okikagu for life. My top 3 moment when kagura said she thought nobody want her become any one bride and okita said how about him. And the other moments when kagura fake illness and he the Only one now that and the other moments when they have fake relationship as boyfriend or girlfriend
Jun 26, 2019 8:20 AM
Oct 2018
Personally, I like Gintoki with Hijikata. Just that they seemed to care a lot about each other, they ─ despite always fighting ─ seemed to be at ease in each other's company, and they brought out the best in each other. I also like Kagura and Okita for their hilarious exchanges and simple stubbornness to admit they care for one another.

There are some side pairings I also ship (Kyubei x Otae, Katsura x Ikumatsu, Yamazaki x Tama), but I don't like them as much as I do with GinHiji/HijiGin and OkiKagu.
Aug 27, 2019 2:22 AM

Jan 2017
Obviously the real otp is Gintoki x Tama, y’know, GinTama

lol jk I have two big otps for Gintama, Hijigin (which I voted for) and Okikagu. Great ships with great chemistry. I also really like Takamui, Sakanobu, Kyuutae, Shindemonium and Yamatama. But I’m not really that picky with ships, I’ll pretty much ship anything lol those are just my favourites. Although, I’m not really a fan of shipping any of the Yorozuya together. Other than that tho, it’s all well and fun.
Jun 8, 2020 7:01 AM
Jun 2020
Well I’m really into yaoi but I hate gintoki and hiji ship . I love both of the characters but they’re friends ( not like I’m not shipping friend lmao tbh I ship gintoki x Katsura ) but idk I just hate their ship and I see that their friendship is priceless
Jun 15, 2020 4:41 PM
Sep 2019
Moune-Chan said:
Okita and Hijikata because... I love ship my favourites characters together xD

i see that you're a cultural person
Jun 19, 2020 10:13 AM
May 2016
Well, this really doesn't seem like the kind of series for that, but I will say my favorite ship is Otae x Gintoki. I also like Gintoki x tsukuyo, and like most enjoy entertaining the thought of Kagura x sougo
Sep 18, 2020 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
I don't like shiiping as a whole in any anime and especially hate it in Gintama so none
May 12, 2021 10:08 PM
May 2021
okikagu for life,
who tf choose Kamukagu
May 17, 2021 8:19 AM

Dec 2019
Madao x stable salary job would be a nice pair.

But in the end, sorachi still stood by Madao x pain, suffering, & unemployment.
May 17, 2021 8:41 AM

Nov 2019
Kagura and sougo has the most interesting dynamic in the show.
Tho Imo gintsu is the way to go, because tsukuyo's almost schoolgirl crush on gintoki is completely opposite to her personality and it's really cute to watch.

May 18, 2021 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
I never found ships to be cancerous in general, as for Gintama it doesn't hurt my watching ability because I treat the weird ones like hijitoki as jokes while ones like tsutoki and okikagu make sense to me and enhance the show in my opinion.
As for me, okita , kagura all the way. Their chemistry ever since the episode where the shinsengumi and odd Jobs were trying to find a beetle has been perfect, and its pretty obvious sogo has a crush on kagura throughout the show. And their dynamic just as friends is amazing, as shown at the end of Farewell shinsengumi arc.
May 21, 2021 1:01 AM

Aug 2019
Wait...people ship Kagura and Kamui...? What the fuck has the world gotten to....
Jul 4, 2021 5:56 AM

Dec 2019
can i just say-

oh and gintsu is cute too

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Jul 4, 2021 5:58 AM

Dec 2020
gintoki x tsukuyo is my ship
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 8, 2021 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
My favourite is the super rare Yamazaki x Tama.

My least favourite is the its stupid and ugly and burn it at the root Kagura x sogo.
Jul 8, 2021 4:29 AM

Jun 2021
Okita×Kagura is my fav ship
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.