Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2017 12:13 PM

Apr 2017
When I search about some character's pics from gintama , I always find shipping's fanarts (especially yaoi ones) , I was just wondering if you guys find that cancerous like other ships? Do you think that gintama's OTPs are the best ??

Also what's your favorite ship in the anime and why?

discuss, please.
S-quare22Apr 14, 2018 4:09 AM

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2017 12:39 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
yaoi ships will always be best ships

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Oct 2, 2017 1:06 PM
Aug 2016
The only reasonable ship in gintama is surely kondo×otae. I don't ship any other characters.(exepting umibozu×kouka, hijikata×mitsuba since they are already couples)
Btw, I really hate yaoi/yuri ships(like hijikata gintoki, they are just very close friends), or pedophile ships(like gintoki kagura, besides the pedophilia they are just like dad-daughter) or of course incest ships(unfortunately some idiots ship kagura and kamui, this is just disgusting). I don't really care about rest of them like gin×saccan or gintsu even if i don't ship.
YorozuyaaaOct 2, 2017 1:14 PM
Oct 2, 2017 1:15 PM

Apr 2017
psycho said:
yaoi ships will always be best ships

Ok I wanted you to pick one of those ships above and explain why ??

"elles sont bien noires

Oct 2, 2017 1:54 PM

May 2015
Otae x Kondo is the most logical one.
Gintoki x Tsukuyo is the one I just want to happen real bad and Tsukuyo obviously loves Gintoki.
Stawp the yaoi/yuri ships, it wont happen.
Oct 2, 2017 1:59 PM

Mar 2017
Almitharaaa said:

Btw, I really hate yaoi/yuri ships(like hijikata gintoki, they are just very close friends), or pedophile ships(like gintoki kagura, besides the pedophilia they are just like dad-daughter) or of course incest ships(unfortunately some idiots ship kagura and kamui, this is just disgusting). I don't really care about rest of them like gin×saccan or gintsu even if i don't ship.

Am I smelling a homophobe? I feel like I am.

I don't think it matters what others ship, and even if it's incest, I don't think the word "idiot" should ever be used to define someone's taste. I don't like straight ships, so does this make you an idiot? No, it doesn't. So, let's try to be respectful and value what everyone else likes because for god's sake we all have different taste and your opinion isn't better than anyone else's.
-Melancholy-Oct 2, 2017 4:23 PM

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Oct 2, 2017 2:17 PM

Apr 2017
Lol , I expected to see more okikagu fans , well , Im disappointed

"elles sont bien noires

Oct 2, 2017 2:37 PM
Sep 2011
OkiKagu and GinTsu.
Oct 2, 2017 2:42 PM

Apr 2017
Almitharaaa said:
The only reasonable ship in gintama is surely kondo×otae. I don't ship any other characters.(exepting umibozu×kouka, hijikata×mitsuba since they are already couples)

Ok there are alot of ships I didn't want to add because Im against them to be honest , but what can I do ? People will get mad at me if I don't mention all the OTPs

"elles sont bien noires

Oct 2, 2017 2:50 PM

Feb 2016
I think it's ok to ship in Gintama. The Anime has many characters so you can find many ships. I definitely ship Sougo x Kagura the most because I love their relationship so much.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 2, 2017 2:50 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, the only obvious one is Shinpachi with his glasses.
Oct 2, 2017 3:04 PM
Aug 2017
I actually really like Otae X Kyuubei.
I mean I am aware, that Kondo has better chances, and a far greater Fanbase
but I like Kyuubei`s admiration and pure love towards Otae, while not becoming an annoying stalker (my opinion) like Kondo.
Except for that I also like Sakamoto X Mutsu and I am a weird fan of Kamui X Nobume and Gintoki X Shinsuke.
Oct 2, 2017 3:13 PM

Sep 2014
Gintoki & Katsura, I have no shame.
Oct 2, 2017 3:20 PM

May 2015
This is the only ship that matters.

Oct 2, 2017 3:37 PM

Dec 2015
Okita and Hijikata because... I love ship my favourites characters together xD

set by taiyaki

Oct 2, 2017 5:42 PM

Jul 2017
Sometimes shipping makes the fandom cancerous. Hope there's no ship wars in this fandom.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 2, 2017 6:57 PM
Oct 2015
why is there no katsura x ikumatsu on this list? theyre such an amazing pairing imo zura needs his girl too
Oct 2, 2017 7:49 PM
Aug 2016
-Melancholy- said:
Almitharaaa said:

I don't think it matters what others ship, and even if it's incest, I don't think the word "idiot" should ever be used to define someone's taste. I don't like straight ships, so does this make you an idiot? No, it doesn't. So, let's try to be respectful and value what everyone else likes because for god's sake we all have different taste and your opinion isn't better than anyone else's.

Respecting to even incest? No, sorry i can not do this. Because it is not about tastes or opinions at all. It is just disgusting. Idiot is a weak word to describe these kimd of perverts. Anyway, they can do whatever want to do based on their "taste"s. I don't mind
Oct 2, 2017 7:51 PM
Aug 2016
S-quare22 said:
Almitharaaa said:

Ok there are alot of ships I didn't want to add because Im against them to be honest , but what can I do ? People will get mad at me if I don't mention all the OTPs

Yes, i can understand you, I didn't mean your post or pool by these words. Dont mind .
Oct 3, 2017 5:01 AM

Mar 2017
Almitharaaa said:
-Melancholy- said:

Respecting to even incest? No, sorry i can not do this. Because it is not about tastes or opinions at all. It is just disgusting. Idiot is a weak word to describe these kimd of perverts. Anyway, they can do whatever want to do based on their "taste"s. I don't mind

Well, I never said you had to respect it. I'm just leaving fair warning that they like what they like, and you like what you like. Incest, like homosexuality, asexuality, etc, is becoming less "disgusting" and is turning more into another sexual preference more than anything else. The only reason why anyone has ever thought it as nasty is because we don't like what we don't understand. It's as simple as that.

I don't think people who like incest or anything else are gross - especially in anime, because it's fantasy and not reality - and they should be able to like what they like without bastards shutting them down for it. No wonder why it takes so long for gay men and women to come out of the closet. However, regardless of my views on respect, I appreciate that you don't mind what others like.

Oct 3, 2017 5:04 AM

Mar 2015
Toshi x Gintoki is the only ship that matters.
Oct 3, 2017 6:29 AM
Jul 2017
While my favourite ship is Sougo x Kagura, I also ship Gintoki x Tsukuyo and Katsura x Ikumatsu.
Oct 3, 2017 6:45 AM
Dec 2016
Lets be honest Gitoki has a harem already, anyone remember this arc.

Oct 3, 2017 6:54 AM

Sep 2011
I've always been surprised how absurdly popular kagura and sougo are considering there really arent any hints of romantic anything between them. Hell the show takes eons to even really establish that they care about eachother at all cause I dont think they do that till that one arc about the girl wanting to take revenge on sougo for her dad.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 3, 2017 7:22 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Madao x Suffering, I guess.
Oct 3, 2017 9:07 AM

Jan 2017
Okay no one here is saying that Okita and Kagura are in love or have any romantic feelings towards each other. Their characters are just not fit for such things yet. Their relationship is different now, but if Sorachi decides to develop it into something bigger it will definitely be very successfull.

If Kagura is ever to marry someone (which itself is unlikely, since Gintama is ending) that will clearly be Sougo, like come on, who else?

I don't usually ship characters, and I do hate romance. But there's just something about this couple that drives me crazy.

Okay, first of all they both are really, really badass. I hate couples where a girl is really weak and has to be protected all the time. Here we have Kagura, who is absolutely amazing, and we have Sougo, who is known to be the strongest Shinsengumi swordsman (it's mentioned in the manga). Also his killer mode is as cool as Kagura's yato mode.

Second, I just love their fights ( just like every other shipper). They always compete and it's just ridiculously amusing. Also they have most interactions among all the male-female characters.

Thirdly. I LOVE this SougoXKamui thing. God, I love seeing them together. I love seeing two strongest characters of anime to face each other. I'd have similar feelings for Gaara x Sasuke interaction, if Kishimoto played it a little better.
Anyway, this Kamui vs Sougo thing is just so precious.

Fourthly. They DO care about each other, and it was clearly shown in Farewell Shinsengumi arc. There was a parrallel between KondoTae, OkitaKagura and Gintoki and Hijikata.
BonyaNyaOct 3, 2017 9:19 AM
Oct 4, 2017 6:59 AM

Sep 2008
Gintoki x Strawberry Milk OTP
Oct 12, 2017 7:27 PM
Aug 2016
Madao and a Happy Ending
Oct 13, 2017 8:59 PM

Sep 2011
Woes said:
Madao and a Happy Ending
fucking shippers and your irrational pairings that will never fucking happen.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 13, 2017 10:40 PM

May 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Woes said:
Madao and a Happy Ending
fucking shippers and your irrational pairings that will never fucking happen.
Atleast he is an angel in this season OP.
Oct 13, 2017 10:44 PM

Jan 2013
Shipping is cancer.

But Tsukuyo already wants Gintokis justaway.
Oct 14, 2017 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
sougo x kagura <3<3<3<3
Oct 14, 2017 9:26 PM

Jan 2010
No Gintoki x Madao? What a shame
Oct 15, 2017 6:36 AM

May 2014
yannivagenas said:
why is there no katsura x ikumatsu on this list? theyre such an amazing pairing imo zura needs his girl too

They def fit together.

Aside from that, I'd mention the obvious shipping of Gintoki x Tsukuyo.
Oct 15, 2017 4:25 PM
Nov 2013
Gin and tsukky all day every day.

Then kondo and otae

Then sougo and kagura

As for crack pairings....Gin and Tama...kyubei and kondou lol
Oct 15, 2017 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
Harem end?

Also Female madao.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2017 11:39 PM

Mar 2014
Gintoki x Tama is the canon ship, fyi.
Oct 22, 2017 10:27 PM

Jul 2017
Katsura x Ikumatsu is enough. Their relationship is just beautiful, based from the latest ep. I don't care if my otp OkiKagu or Gintsu won't be canon. KatsuMatsu is just perfect because Zura clearly has feelings for her.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 27, 2017 3:43 AM
Aug 2017
-Melancholy- said:
Almitharaaa said:

Don't really want to respond to a fujoshi but a homophobe? What homosexual person was hurt by that comment? I am pretty sure homosexual relationships did not exist in both manga and anime and the characters are canon straight.
PS: Don't have to call me homophobe. Other fujoshi already called me that.
Oct 27, 2017 3:46 AM
Aug 2017
Everything will become comedy before the romance kick in so I don't ship anyone.
Oct 27, 2017 5:03 AM

Mar 2017
Himawari9 said:
-Melancholy- said:

Don't really want to respond to a fujoshi but a homophobe? What homosexual person was hurt by that comment? I am pretty sure homosexual relationships did not exist in both manga and anime and the characters are canon straight.

If you have an issue with me being a fujoshi, that's on you, pal. I don't really care about straight men like you so don't waste my time by replying to me.

Oct 27, 2017 5:08 AM

Dec 2015
There's a Kagura x Kamui ship? Ew.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 27, 2017 5:56 AM

Apr 2017
joe_g7 said:

I found too much fanarts about them , so I thought that people would get mad at me if I didn't mention them . You can google them if you want to find out those crazy shipping fanarts

"elles sont bien noires

Oct 27, 2017 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
lmao i dont ship characters in gintama that much but if i had to choose a good ship, its either Kagura x Sougo, Gintoki x Tsukuyo and Otae x Kondo cuz why not.
Oct 27, 2017 7:23 AM

Dec 2015
S-quare22 said:
joe_g7 said:

I found too much fanarts about them , so I thought that people would get mad at me if I didn't mention them . You can google them if you want to find out those crazy shipping fanarts
The only fanart I've seen of Kamui and Kagura is them laughing and shit like that, I didn't know people shipped them...what's next? Gintoki x Umibozu??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 27, 2017 7:30 AM

Apr 2017
joe_g7 said:
S-quare22 said:

The only fanart I've seen of Kamui and Kagura is them laughing and shit like that, I didn't know people shipped them...what's next? Gintoki x Umibozu??

Lol , you know the fans , they tend to ship the stupidest things together .. don't take anyhing seriously :)

"elles sont bien noires

Oct 27, 2017 1:47 PM

Aug 2015
-Melancholy- said:
Himawari9 said:

If you have an issue with me being a fujoshi, that's on you, pal. I don't really care about straight men like you so don't waste my time by replying to me.
Why does his/her sex matter in this conversation?You know you're being a bigot yourself with statement like that right.
P.S. And funniest think of all,this statement is from your profile 'However, I am okay with other people not liking yaoi.It's not for everyone'.But you're attacking a user here and calling him/her homophobe because he/she didn't like some yaoi ships.
ultravigoOct 27, 2017 2:09 PM
Oct 27, 2017 1:59 PM

Aug 2015
Gintoki x tsukuyo obviously.But i also like otae x kyuubei[All praise yuri ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)].Gorilla can go back to zoo to find his match.
ultravigoOct 27, 2017 3:40 PM
Oct 27, 2017 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Well, shippings in Gintama I haven't seen that too often, but for me I usually go and ship on my own accord.

Personally I like Gintoki x Hijikata (yes a fujo here) though that's mostly because of their interactions, not only that just the fanarts I see on pixiv are just great xP

That will not happen of course at the end (if it does happen to go ship route) but I like to ship those. Not only that Okita x Kagura for the win xP
Oct 27, 2017 2:32 PM

Mar 2017
ultravigo said:
-Melancholy- said:

Why does his/her sex matter in this conversation?You know you're being a bigot yourself with statement like that right.
P.S. And funniest think of all,this statement is from your profile 'However, I am okay with other people not liking yaoi.It's not for everyone'.But you're attacking a user here and calling him/her homophobe because he/she didn't like some yaoi ships.

I never called the previous user a homophobe. If you bothered reading anything, I called someone ELSE that. But nice try attempting to sound smart, hun.

I don't think someone is a homophobe when they don't like yaoi - I think someone is a homophobe when they're scared shitless of gay people - NOT yaoi. So try minding your own business, man. You failed massively just now.

Next time, learn your place, and don't jump to conclusions.
-Melancholy-Oct 27, 2017 2:35 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.