Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kemono Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 2, 2017 7:07 AM
Jun 2016
This show was really great to watch, I loved it. But the massive controversy of basically the entire staff being changed (at least, that's what I hear is happening) has left me completely lacking in any desire to watch the second season. I might watch it if it gets a similar amount of acclaim to the first season, but I don't trust this in the hands of completely different people.
Oct 2, 2017 7:59 AM

Oct 2011
I'll be watching.

I think that what did happen was stupid and would like to see more of Tatsuki work with KF... but I also like world of Kemono Friends, VA playing those particular characters and various events related with it so I hope it will be successful.

I wouldn't have any problems if Kadokawa decided to make it more kid friendly, darker parts would most probably still be there (I think it was Mine's idea) - Precure can mix those two rather well. As for director - I think that Junichi Sato could be a good pick.
Oct 2, 2017 8:20 AM
Jun 2016
Dalek-baka said:
I'll be watching.

I think that what did happen was stupid and would like to see more of Tatsuki work with KF... but I also like world of Kemono Friends, VA playing those particular characters and various events related with it so I hope it will be successful.

I wouldn't have any problems if Kadokawa decided to make it more kid friendly, darker parts would most probably still be there (I think it was Mine's idea) - Precure can mix those two rather well. As for director - I think that Junichi Sato could be a good pick.
I heard that the voice actors are no longer associated with the project, and Tatsuki is instrumental to the show. The writing, and pacing of this show make it, and I feel that with this budget, only Tatsuki could pull it off.

As for replacement director, I think Shinbou Akiyuki would be a better pick. He directed San-gatsu no lion, a show with good pacing and very appropriate use of subtlety, as well as Madoka Magica and a large portion of the monogatari series. Granted, getting him would be difficult (especially with virtually no budget) but he's probably equipped to handle this well.
Oct 2, 2017 8:48 AM

Oct 2011
Tenderizer17 said:
heard that the voice actors are no longer associated with the project, and Tatsuki is instrumental to the show. The writing, and pacing of this show make it, and I feel that with this budget, only Tatsuki could pull it off.
With this budget yes, I don't doubt his skills and that what he did was great. With bigger it could probably be even better - but looking at it from perspective of company: it's fine to give some newbie director franchise that is done but once big money are involved, I guess they became more cautious about trusting him.
Thing with VA is that they are represented by agency that is parent company to Yayorozu, so different studio should not effect it. They could drop them but given how much money they spend on promoting them (those Music Station performances, had to take some work) I think they are safer. Also firing them would piss people even more.

As for replacement director, I think Shinbou Akiyuki would be a better pick. He directed San-gatsu no lion, a show with good pacing and very appropriate use of subtlety, as well as Madoka Magica and a large portion of the monogatari series. Granted, getting him would be difficult (especially with virtually no budget) but he's probably equipped to handle this well.
I'm not sure how I would react to Serval head tilt, I would be fine with those weird color patterns of this. I'm not fan of his stuff but he is a good director - I'm just not sure if he can do stuff for kids. That is why I went with Sato - Princess Tutu is perfect example of cute and comfy stuff, mixed with some very dark stuff.

Also I guess that budget would be higher with S2.
Oct 2, 2017 8:59 AM
Jan 2013
I will be watching it with the most critial eyes

Also I really don't believe the VAs will be canned
gone bai bai
Oct 2, 2017 9:53 AM
Dec 2010
S2 is going to suck, no studio, director or writer worthy of respect will touch it with a 10 feet pole. Kemono Friends in the first place was lightning in a bottle, it was always going to be tough for S2 to live up to S1 even if Tatsuki was still in charge.

Dalek-baka said:
Also I guess that budget would be higher with S2.

Who gives a damn about the budget? No one watches Kemono Friends for the animation, it's all about the writing. With the anime industry having nothing but bad writers it's going to be hard for Kadokawa to find a script that can do the series justice.
Oct 2, 2017 3:37 PM
Jun 2016
Dalek-baka said:
Tenderizer17 said:
I heard that the voice actors are no longer associated with the project, and Tatsuki is instrumental to the show. The writing, and pacing of this show make it, and I feel that with this budget, only Tatsuki could pull it off.
With this budget yes, I don't doubt his skills and that what he did was great. With bigger it could probably be even better - but looking at it from perspective of company: it's fine to give some newbie director franchise that is done but once big money are involved, I guess they became more cautious about trusting him.
Thing with VA is that they are represented by agency that is parent company to Yayorozu, so different studio should not effect it. They could drop them but given how much money they spend on promoting them (those Music Station performances, had to take some work) I think they are safer. Also firing them would piss people even more.
Here's the source I have for the voice actors being changed. It may not be a reliable source, but it's a source nonetheless https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/72l5y6/official_announcement_made_tatsuki_being_removed/
Oct 2, 2017 4:48 PM

Oct 2011
Tenderizer17 said:
Here's the source I have for the voice actors being changed. It may not be a reliable source, but it's a source nonetheless https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/72l5y6/official_announcement_made_tatsuki_being_removed/
Oh! This thing, ok. VA aren't hired by Yaoyorozu - they are employed by Just Pro agency, that is owner of Yaoyorozu.
Kadokawa's statement said only about studio being out, nothing about the agency itself. And given that they are still doing things (there was radio show announced) it means that, at least for now, they are still part of the project.

Sure with new anime they might change it but it would be stupid on both sides - production committee spend a lot of money to promote them and they became faces of this show, so they might try to continue working with them; and if agency decide to play hard and pull out... well they might try to find new things to do as Kadokawa (and Bushiroad which is also part of production) would be rather unhappy.
Oct 13, 2017 1:07 PM

Sep 2007
I need to see the first season. ^^
Seem a cute anime.
Oct 14, 2017 7:34 AM
Jun 2010
I won't, and frankly I'm disgusted by anyone who will keep supporting the show after this. Fuck, it's hard to even call it the same anime anymore. It'll just be a corporate shell with the same look but none of the actual talent involved.
Oct 14, 2017 7:38 AM

Apr 2016
The producer of that anime was saying shit on pirates, so im going to torrent it just for that. I don't even saw first season.
Oct 20, 2017 4:27 PM

Feb 2016
Whoever takes over it will get a massive shit thrown on them. It would be fun to watch just for that reason, definitely gonna look bland without Tatsuki.
Oct 20, 2017 6:21 PM
Feb 2017
ME! i first have to finish season 1 though...

Oct 21, 2017 6:07 AM
Jul 2017
The first episode of Kemono Friends (focusing on the chase scene) left a bad first impression on me, but I gave it a chance and it was great. I got so into the background mystery and the characters. I do hope that the second season would show us more about the mystery. I'm gonna watch it even though the staff of the first season resigned, I'm having expectations.
Feb 14, 2018 4:43 PM

Oct 2010
If season 2 has massively improved production values and is universally hated, that would be, like, effectively an unintentional work of performance art by Kadokawa. That phenomenon in and of itself would be amazing. Kemono Friends is zeitgeist.

Caio_Esteves said:
I won't, and frankly I'm disgusted by anyone who will keep supporting the show after this.

I'm sure I could disgust you a lot more than that
Mar 4, 2018 1:56 PM
Feb 2018
I will give it a chanse but i will also supoort the new project of the original creator
Mar 7, 2018 5:47 PM
Feb 2017
CitizenCitizen said:
The first episode of Kemono Friends (focusing on the chase scene) left a bad first impression on me, but I gave it a chance and it was great. I got so into the background mystery and the characters. I do hope that the second season would show us more about the mystery. I'm gonna watch it even though the staff of the first season resigned, I'm having expectations.

No, Season 2 will not reveal any background mystery of the story. The author of the plot has been expelled by Kadokawa. More background information may be revealed from the author's future work indirectly, but not from Season 2.

If there is a season 2 scheduled, it will be a brand new anime, with whole new story and redesigned characters, since all these resources are not available for Kadokawa.
Mar 19, 2018 2:15 PM
Feb 2018
I will watch hopeing that grape-kun will be put into the anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Jan 10, 2017

82 by BlueCrowned »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 3 Discussion

Aversa - Jan 24, 2017

39 by HatsuneYugi39 »»
Jul 24, 2022 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Mar 28, 2017

134 by Mat2468xk »»
May 21, 2022 5:35 AM

» Terrible first episode?

ShadowMonkey - Aug 23, 2018

3 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 12, 2022 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - Mar 21, 2017

80 by ouenji-juusu »»
Feb 22, 2022 12:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.