Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2017 9:13 PM

Aug 2009
Cuck or Cuckold used to mean something very specific. Pretty much that your wife was cheating on you. The implication being that you're aware and encourage the behavior. Nowadays cuck is used in a multitude of of ways and has taken a more general form as an insult attacking a man's masculinity. Pretty much saying you're the type of man that who would want his wife to cheat on him.

The other implication would be that he is someone with a lack of self respect or integrity. Someone that is self-loathing or not looking out for his self-interests. Thus the common usage against male feminist types who support laws and practices that erode the rights and freedom of men in favor of women.

I guess my question is why do you think this word has grown to be so commonly used in our current time; why do you think it is being used in the way and why do you think there is such an averse reaction to the use of this word by so many people?
and why are you a cuck?

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 9, 2017 9:30 PM

Jan 2009
its normal for words to change meaning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_change

as for why its popular word right now its because its use by the right wing people in politics to mean liberals are massive cucks like they will let their country be invaded by immigrants and may let this immigrants/migrants fuck their woman or wife without much resistance as this right wing people say

Sep 9, 2017 10:09 PM

Feb 2013
no I've never cheated on Jesus.....
Sep 9, 2017 10:14 PM

Aug 2015
Because lots of guys like to put things in their anus.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Sep 9, 2017 10:23 PM
Jul 2018
isekai said:
as for why its popular word right now its because its use by the right wing people in politics to mean liberals are massive cucks like they will let their country be invaded by immigrants and may let this immigrants/migrants fuck their woman or wife without much resistance as this right wing people say

Yeah, pretty much what thissa poster said
Also again the way it rolls off the tongue is atrocious.
It's pretty funny how most alt righters are obsessed with the idea of them being "alpha" in relationships when basically 0 of them have had a relationship
Sep 9, 2017 10:24 PM

Mar 2008
cuckold (n.)
mid-13c., kukewald, from Old French cucuault, from cocu (see cuckoo) + pejorative suffix -ault, of Germanic origin. So called from the female bird's alleged habit of changing mates, or her authentic habit of leaving eggs in another bird's nest.

In Modern French the identity is more obvious: Coucou for the bird and cocu for the betrayed husband. German Hahnrei (13c.), from Low German, is of obscure origin. The second element seems to be connected to words for "ardent," and suggests perhaps "sexually aggressive hen," with transferal to humans, but Kluge suggests rather a connection to words for "capon" and "castrated." Related: Cuckoldry.

It's overused and pathetic people use it on just about anyone who doesn't agree with them. It's a stupid sounding word and a stupid way to insult someone. First off the person insulted is almost never a cuckold. Second if someone really was a literal cuckold who the fuck cares? It doesn't matter what people are into if they aren't causing harm. The term is sexist towards men being a term only for men with intent to harass and shame them into a specific behaviour pattern for men and men only so people like you using it is also hypocritical on top of it already being stupid.
Sep 9, 2017 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
Here's a good analogy
"Cuck" is to MRA redpilling alt righters what "Patriarchy" is to SJW femnazi far leftists.
Both are overused, meaningless white noise
Sep 9, 2017 11:49 PM

Jun 2015
It's not prevalent in these parts

Thank God I'm not living in the same part of the world as you people.
Sep 10, 2017 12:39 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Basically, if you are not a misogynistic racist or you didn't vote for Trump, you are a cuck who enjoys watching his partner have sex with another man/woman.
Sep 10, 2017 2:19 AM

Dec 2012
I never knew people thought so deeply about a single syllable. I just say it because it's fun, provocative and feels ironic. It's like all of the tension rolls away when you shout it. And come on. C'mooon. How can you be angry at this?

Incoming pseudo-psychiatrists to tell me my life story and how Literally Hitler I am.
Sep 10, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2015
cuck seems to have lost its original meaning nowadays...I'd stay using that word for the original meaning perhaps.
Sep 10, 2017 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
You said:
cuck seems to have lost its original meaning nowadays...I'd stay using that word for the original meaning perhaps.

Just like "cancer" ,"cringe" ,"literally", "SJW" ,"waifu" ,"normie" and "weeb".
Sep 10, 2017 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
SupremeEdgelord said:
You said:

I would say that the term "cuck" is on the same level as the word "moist" when it comes to cringe. I hear it and the way it's enunciated makes me shudder.

edit: here's some points about general alt right level immaturity
removed-userSep 10, 2017 8:11 AM
Sep 10, 2017 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
SupremeEdgelord said:
You said:

You literally said what was on my mind.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 10, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2009
Just Internet latest favorite buzzword. Pretty good to identify cancer, at least.
Sep 10, 2017 11:11 AM

Jan 2009
traed said:
cuckold (n.)
mid-13c., kukewald, from Old French cucuault, from cocu (see cuckoo) + pejorative suffix -ault, of Germanic origin. So called from the female bird's alleged habit of changing mates, or her authentic habit of leaving eggs in another bird's nest.
The -ault Syllable is also of Germanic Origin and has to do with Power/Force, Might and Rule.
So it's literally the Rule of the Cuckoo. I didn't know about female Cuckoo Birds being accused of being unfaithful, but a Cuckoo is first and foremost known for laying its Eggs in foreign Nests. So if a Bird has received a Cuckoo's Egg, it has been cuckolded in the Sense that a Cuckoo has used Force to smuggle its own Child into it, while the adoptive Bird stays oblivious to it.

The Fact that this Word was coined in French from Germanic Word Parts is what makes the Word "Cuckold" a perfect "Cuckold".

Also, if there is so much Corruption alone from Frankish to French, then ofc a cuckolded Language like English, which had lost lots of its Germanic Basic Words like the Word for "Color" or "Picture" as a Result of the Invasion of to the French Culture assimilated Men from the North, would be prone to more Corruption. That is not even saying that with the widespread Use of English as the international lingua franca (yes, the Irony of the Name which means "Frankish Language", lol) is even more prone to be changed.
Sep 10, 2017 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
razor39999 said:
So, what you're saying.... English.... got cucked?!
Yes, my good Sir. You have indeed read correctly. It's quite bad when there are such elemental Words that originally had a native Germanic Background but got replaced by the French Cuckoo Words.

edit: The Difference is, that original Anglo-Saxon Words are better tangible. Compare "bygone" with "past". You can split up "bygone" into its primitive Parts and understand (as opposed to "comprehend") from them how that Word came to be, but for the Word "past", you simply have to take it as it is.
NoboruSep 10, 2017 1:05 PM
Sep 10, 2017 1:15 PM

Dec 2015
spuukiebuugi said:
I would say that the term "cuck" is on the same level as the word "moist" when it comes to cringe. I hear it and the way it's enunciated makes me shudder.

I never understood why so many people hate the word "moist".
Some of the best things in life are moist. Like cake, and vaginas...and vaginas stuffed full of cake.
Sep 10, 2017 1:16 PM

Feb 2010
The word lost its meaning after alt right (mainly white supremacist) they use it to insult any one who thinks diffrently then them.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 10, 2017 2:12 PM

Jan 2009
Bobby2Hands said:
spuukiebuugi said:

I never understood why so many people hate the word "moist".
Some of the best things in life are moist. Like cake, and vaginas...and vaginas stuffed full of cake.
Don't forget the Cream Pies. Just because Words are also used for sexual Innuendo doesn't mean it should be shameful to use them in their original Meaning.
Sep 10, 2017 2:27 PM

Oct 2014
I thought this word meant you were like a no neck low chump loser or some bs, lmao xD
Sep 11, 2017 10:13 AM

May 2013
I always thought it meant you were getting hit with a female bird's beak a lot, like you were being hen-pecked xD

But it carries these terrible connotations that you lost your honor. It's something that you don't want to happen lol.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 12, 2017 5:15 AM

Mar 2013
it really upsets leftists/zionists as seen ITT, and it's an accurate way of describing people who destroy their own societies for the sake of progress, so i'll keep using it
Sep 12, 2017 1:02 PM

Apr 2017
cuck cucked itself out of its relationship with itself
iz such a tragedy desu
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Sep 12, 2017 6:23 PM

Dec 2014
Well maybe I'm a cuck but it doesn't mean people should be prohibited of doing things I dislike.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.

More topics from this board

» I buy drugs without prescription where I live

scarydragon - 19 minutes ago

2 by traed »»
2 minutes ago

» What makes you automatically not trust a MAL user ( 1 2 )

Daokoscake - Mar 4, 2021

71 by DesuMaiden »»
11 minutes ago

» What is the first thing you see in the morning?

Shizuna - May 11

34 by fae »»
29 minutes ago

» people of mal, do you judge people by their looks, height, and other physical traits?

real-truck-Kun - Nov 4, 2023

48 by FruitPunchBaka »»
29 minutes ago

» Do you record your thoughts down in a journal?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

18 by fae »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.