Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler)

New
Sep 4, 2017 12:13 AM

Nov 2014
Based on what we factually know about Altair's abilities, it seems that the most relevant and powerful one is her Holopsicon ability which is initiated with her signature strike of a Saber on a PPSh-41 sub-machinegun. The Holopsicon ability contains a vast array of omnipotent abilities ranging from changing/reversing cause and effect of a certain action/deed to essentially wiping an entire story's buildup and plot construction that has brought any powerful character to what they are near the end of the series. Rendering them as useless (or support characters) its presence. She also has the ability to insert herself into any storyline she wishes, and wreak havoc as she please. (Of course, she has to worry about the cracks in the fabric of reality but that's a whole different discussion.) If we were to have a character like Saitama, or Goku challenge such a being, they can simply be reverted to their "infancy stage" in their respective stories and thus would make them nothing but trash to be thrown aside within her domain. Or if she were to be introduced to the Fairy Tail World, she could essentially wipe their Plot Armor that has been clearly used throughout the series due to the amount of scenarios where certain characters should have died, but yet died because of the plot. If there is no plot, there is no story, thus a characters existence cannot come into fruition. That's extremely OP if you ask me. And don't even get me started on her other abilities. But we'll have to see what her vulnerabilities are (clearly getting emotional over the loss of her creator) throughout the remaining episode. So far, her current state seems impenetrable. I tried to summarize my thoughts to the best of my ability, but I am not a connoisseur in constructive criticism.
LelouchXLulukoMay 26, 2018 5:12 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2017 12:25 AM

Sep 2016
our lord and savior Aizen is far stronger
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 4, 2017 2:03 AM
Jan 2017
Every story for her adds something to her powerset and it can be very specific against other power level characters. I don't think there's anything that can stop her other than herself. Fighting her means you admit both are works of fiction so she'll always be one step ahead.

Edit: Though I don't know how she interacts with time dilation or time travel.
Cour_VictorSep 4, 2017 2:28 AM
Sep 4, 2017 7:32 AM

Apr 2013
GangsterCat said:
our lord and savior Aizen is far stronger

LMAO!!!

Nice one.
Sep 4, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2016
yeah, Same like The Writer from DC or The Creator from Umineko.
Sep 4, 2017 9:10 AM

Jun 2016
Oolong from Dragon Ball maybe

Or Zeno From Dragon ball, He can just erase all the universes from existence.
IcyGlacierSep 4, 2017 9:20 AM
Sep 4, 2017 12:16 PM
Jul 2014
Homura, in her "demon" form from Madoka: Rebellion. Power to erase memories and bend the universe to her will from what we can see of the epilogue, since she's stolen the ability to use the "law of the cycle" from Madoka. Even in her base form, she'd still be a threat due to her power to control time.

Any of the gods from Tenchi Muyo

Several characters from the Index series, including, most of the level 5s, but particularly:

Accelerator in his upgraded form (where he can use magic), after the World War 3 arc. Even at his origin he'd still be a tough fight.

Misaka Mikoto

Mind-control girl (whatever her name is)

Energy field girl (I don't remember her name either)

Possibly Touma himself, given that he's theoretically capable of nullifying any of Altair's abilities. Yep, Touma would probably null her attacks, talk her down and then add her to his unofficial harem.

Sep 4, 2017 12:23 PM

Nov 2014
firemagnet said:
Homura, in her "demon" form from Madoka: Rebellion. Power to erase memories and bend the universe to her will from what we can see of the epilogue, since she's stolen the ability to use the "law of the cycle" from Madoka. Even in her base form, she'd still be a threat due to her power to control time.

Several characters from the Index series, including, most of the level 5s, but particularly:

Accelerator in his upgraded form (where he can use magic), after the World War 3 arc. Even at his origin he'd still be a tough fight.

Misaka Mikoto

Possibly Touma himself, given that he's theoretically capable of nullifying any of Altair's abilities. Yep, Touma would probably null her attacks, talk her down and then add her to his unofficial harem.

Mind elaborating as to how Misaka Mikoto would be a fierce opponent for Altair? If I remember correctly, her ultimate move would be her Railgun. Remember, Altair can reverse cause and effect.
Sep 4, 2017 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
I'm gonna say no because Altair actually has limits otherwise she would be able to summon more characters, but she can't do that because it would "break" the world or whatever.

I'm gonna go with Homura for the same reasons @firemagnet said. ^^

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 4, 2017 12:53 PM
Jul 2014
LelouchXLuluko said:
firemagnet said:

Misaka Mikoto

Mind elaborating as to how Misaka Mikoto would be a fierce opponent for Altair? If I remember correctly, her ultimate move would be her Railgun. Remember, Altair can reverse cause and effect.

More due to her basic abilities (electricity and so on), actually. There are a number of ways that she could interfere with Altair's own abilities, primarily through electric shock, and use of electricity to harness the environment, that would make Altair's life nothing if not difficult. And I'm saying this having read only just after the end of the WWIII arc, since afterwards the volumes were licensed and the series fell off of the map.

At a minimum, Misaka could actually use magnetic fields to interfere with Altair's sabers and turn them against her. She might not overpower Altair, but I can see her fighting Altair to a draw with a little ingenuity.

That's also not counting the rest of the Misaka network that she potentially has at her disposal.
Sep 4, 2017 1:02 PM

Apr 2016
A discussion about most powerful character in any anime ? what is this 9gag ? or 4chan ?

And "constructive criticism" is what you're expecting from this ?
Sep 4, 2017 1:17 PM

Mar 2015
firemagnet said:

Misaka Mikoto

Accelerator have a change, like 30% vs 70%.
Misaka is have minimum chances.
Touma is also have not many chances. He can nullify supernatural abilities, but Altair have superior speed and power, so

Also, i think, majority of any supernatural shounen characters would just onepunched Altair and go back to their worlds.
Also, Souma vs Altair. She just can't resist octopus with caramel.
Sep 4, 2017 1:25 PM

Nov 2014
Tlahuizcapante said:
firemagnet said:

Misaka Mikoto

Accelerator have a change, like 30% vs 70%.
Misaka is have minimum chances.
Touma is also have not many chances. He can nullify supernatural abilities, but Altair have superior speed and power, so

Also, i think, majority of any supernatural shounen characters would just onepunched Altair and go back to their worlds.
Also, Souma vs Altair. She just can't resist octopus with caramel.

Altair stopped a giant Mech sword in between her fingers, we don't know how strong she really is. Also that Food Wars reference, no one can resist Souma's cooking.
Sep 4, 2017 1:43 PM

Mar 2015
@LelouchXLuluko
That's a thing. It's like when people comparing DB universe with DC universe. It's supernatural things, they have different setups, abilities, and what works in another universe, cannot works in other.
Sep 4, 2017 3:40 PM
Apr 2016
No she's not the most powerful anime character of all time. However she does currently hold the title alongside Sirius as one of the most powerful non planet busting or higher anime characters. Their hax are so powerful they could pretty much solo most mainstream series like Dragon Ball pretty easily despite not having the raw power due to hax alone. But that's just for the popular mainstream animes. These are Altair's current known abilities.

Altair's Current Known Abilities and Powers (Excluding her ability to get more abilities):

Superhuman Strength (Casually caught Vogelchevalier’s sword with 2 fingers then tossed it.)

Reality Warping (Holopsicon can freely enter and leave Story worlds while pulling other characters in and out of the stories as well as other offensive reality warping stuff.)

Existence Reformat (Holopsicon Third Movement of Cosmos, Representation Exposition (Can reformat anything into something else including living creatures. Turned Sword Rebellion into a flower as well as living humans in her video.)

Plot Manipulation (Holopsicon Thirteenth Movement of Cosmos, Outline Origin (Controls the plot can remove all the power ups a character has received during their series and effectively resetting them back to their Beginning of Series self.)

Conceptual Manipulation (Can control concepts so that only conceptual attacks or attacks boosted by conceptual manipulation can damage her.)

Physical Damage Immunity (Via Conceptual Manipulation cannot take damage from physical attacks or anything that aren't boosted by conceptual manipulation or existence erasure based.)

Causality Manipulation (Holopsicon Fourteenth Movement of Cosmos, The Vicissitude of Fortune (Reverses cause and effect by reflecting the damage she was supposed to take from getting hit by something back at her enemy.)

Fate Manipulation (Was stated to be able to control characters destinies.)

Summoning or Creation (Can summon or create swords out of thin air.)

Telekinesis (Telekinetically control her summoned or created swords.)

Flight (Can fly.)

Teleportation (Can teleport out of the Selesia’s nigh-undodgeable Ionion Aphoria conceptual attack which traps its target within an infinite space.)

Power Mimicry (Holopsicon Twentieth Movement of Cosmos, Factor Mimic (Can make perfect copies of her enemies also hasn't shown a limit on how many she can copy at once.)

Precognition (Can predict what happens in the future learned of Aliceteria’s betrayal as well as all of Meteora’s plans.)

Power Nullification (Nullified Blitz’s gravity bullet.)

Existence Erasure (Holopsicon Ninth Movement of Cosmos, Fate Restoration (Erased Vogelchevalier, Hangaku and Bayard from existence, was stated by Yuya to also be able to do it to living creatures like himself and the other Creations.)

Paralysis (Sirius paralyzed Altair before using Existence Change.)

Possession (Holopsicon Sixty-Sixth Movement of Cosmos, Existence Change (Takes over her enemies entire existence while maintaining all her own abilities.)

Regeneration level Mid-Godly (Can regenerate after getting her existence (Mind, body, soul, and consciousness) completely erased from the universe by Sirius.)
Peter16373Sep 4, 2017 9:09 PM
Sep 4, 2017 7:42 PM

Oct 2015
In case you guys didn't notice, besides all these powers OP as fuck that Altair has, she has the biggest thing her hand: US, VIEWERS. This whole episode felt like a very subtle, and beautiful, 4th wall breaking, being capable of mirroring the audience in the anime with us, by having the same reactions as them. I felt like Altair was toying with my own sense of plot progression. Loved it.
Sep 4, 2017 8:42 PM
Jul 2014
Nostalgik said:
In case you guys didn't notice, besides all these powers OP as fuck that Altair has, she has the biggest thing her hand: US, VIEWERS. This whole episode felt like a very subtle, and beautiful, 4th wall breaking, being capable of mirroring the audience in the anime with us, by having the same reactions as them. I felt like Altair was toying with my own sense of plot progression. Loved it.

That's one thing to note:

Altair depends on her audience for her own power. They have to believe that she's capable of doing something in order for her to actually be able to do it.

Otherwise, her base form uses her swords plus at least the 3rd and 20th movements of the cosmos.

She's a lot less powerful in her base form

From what I could see, her 9th movement, fate restoration, simply removes plot armor. It's not an auto-kill move, but rather a debuff.

In short, she could possibly use it against Saitama to even the odds against him.
Sep 4, 2017 8:44 PM

Oct 2015
firemagnet said:
Nostalgik said:

Altair depends on her audience for her own power. They have to believe that she's capable of doing something in order for her to actually be able to do it.

Otherwise, her base form uses her swords plus at least the 3rd and 20th movements of the cosmos.

From what I could see, her 9th movement, fate restoration, simply removes plot armor. It's not an auto-kill move, but rather a debuff.

In short, she could possibly use it against Saitama to even the odds against him.
And weren't we rooting for her after knowing her past and what brought her to life and seeing her situation? That was kinda the point I was trying to get at.
Sep 4, 2017 10:36 PM
Jan 2017
https://webmshare.com/rN75J

I don't think any physical concept will make her buckle.
Sep 4, 2017 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
LelouchXLuluko said:
firemagnet said:

Misaka Mikoto

As long as altair bother to ramble like how she did in episode 20 letting misaka where she derive her power from, misaka can beat altair easily. Misaka just overload the power generator globally and altair will lose all her ability eventually, even if not instantly.
Sep 4, 2017 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
Peter16373 said:
No she's not the most powerful anime character of all time. However she does currently hold the title alongside Sirius as one of the most powerful non planet busting or higher anime characters. Their hax are so powerful they could pretty much solo most mainstream series like Dragon Ball pretty easily despite not having the raw power due to hax alone. But that's just for the popular mainstream animes. These are Altair's current known abilities.

Altair's Current Known Abilities and Powers (Excluding her ability to get more abilities):

Superhuman Strength (Casually caught Vogelchevalier’s sword with 2 fingers then tossed it.)

Reality Warping (Holopsicon can freely enter and leave Story worlds while pulling other characters in and out of the stories as well as other offensive reality warping stuff.)

Existence Reformat (Holopsicon Third Movement of Cosmos, Representation Exposition (Can reformat anything into something else including living creatures. Turned Sword Rebellion into a flower as well as living humans in her video.)

Plot Manipulation (Holopsicon Thirteenth Movement of Cosmos, Outline Origin (Controls the plot can remove all the power ups a character has received during their series and effectively resetting them back to their Beginning of Series self.)

Conceptual Manipulation (Can control concepts so that only conceptual attacks or attacks boosted by conceptual manipulation can damage her.)

Physical Damage Immunity (Via Conceptual Manipulation cannot take damage from physical attacks or anything that aren't boosted by conceptual manipulation or existence erasure based.)

Causality Manipulation (Holopsicon Fourteenth Movement of Cosmos, The Vicissitude of Fortune (Reverses cause and effect by reflecting the damage she was supposed to take from getting hit by something back at her enemy.)

Flight (Can fly.)

Teleportation (Can teleport out of the Selesia’s nigh-undodgeable Ionion Aphoria conceptual attack which traps its target within an infinite space.)

Power Mimicry (Holopsicon Twentieth Movement of Cosmos, Factor Mimic (Can make perfect copies of her enemies also hasn't shown a limit on how many she can copy at once.)

Precognition (Can predict what happens in the future learned of Aliceteria’s betrayal as well as all of Meteora’s plans.)

Existence Erasure (Holopsicon Ninth Movement of Cosmos, Fate Restoration (Erased Vogelchevalier, Hangaku and Bayard from existence, was stated by Yuya to also be able to do it to living creatures like himself and the other Creations.)

Possession (Holopsicon Sixty-Sixth Movement of Cosmos, Existence Change (Takes over her enemies entire existence while maintaining all her own abilities.)

Regeneration level Mid-Godly (Can regenerate after getting her existence (Mind, body, soul, and consciousness) completely erased from the universe by Sirius.)

All I can say is either the characters are dumb/weak as fuck(hint:blitz) in re:creators or altair is OP ONLY in a re:creator setting. Imagine if altair travel to selesia's world setting, depending on how specific "acceptance" is being defined, altair may just be a helpless military uniform girl since no tv/internet/media there lulz.
Sep 5, 2017 7:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Rubbish. Onizuka would correct her within the space of 2 episode with his rehabilitation of conflicted adolescents methods.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 5, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
Altair got nothing on this little shit.

Sep 5, 2017 8:34 AM
Apr 2016
Swagernator said:
A discussion about most powerful character in any anime ? what is this 9gag ? or 4chan ?

And "constructive criticism" is what you're expecting from this ?

Basically my reflection on this.
HOL UP
This makes no sense. But they are not even try to, so I guess we can not blame them.
BUT if I was to humour them...
Yes, Altair is the ultimate character from any possibly known "fiction" world, since she surpassed not only the bounds of her own story, but gained control over other stories and ultimately became powerful enough to bend reality of the "real" world itself. Any character ever written in story and pitted against her would lose, since she can twist both fiction and reality.
Daniel_NaumovSep 5, 2017 8:38 AM
Re:formed
Sep 5, 2017 1:15 PM
Jul 2014
Nostalgik said:
firemagnet said:

And weren't we rooting for her after knowing her past and what brought her to life and seeing her situation? That was kinda the point I was trying to get at.

To an extent, Altair is a sympathetic character. However, her role is that of the compelling villain. She's the series Gilgamesh, and frankly she does it far better than Gilgamesh himself did. She takes his arrogance, but tempers it with genuine intelligence, planning, and raw opportunism. She also backs it up with quite a bit of self-awareness, which is what gives her class. Her class is what makes it possible to root for her; she knows her own limits, knows her own strength and then has the foresight to back up her own strength by trying to rally as many people to her cause as possible.

That kind of depth in a villain or anti-villain (as is the case with Altair) is always fun to watch, both because it's intrinsically charismatic and, in female characters, even attractive (see Nero from Fate/Extra Fate/Extella for the heroic version). However they're also that much more fun to watch because knowing that they'll lose for all their preparation and arrogance makes their fall that much longer and more fun to watch.

That being said, Altair is also a jealous brat whose goal is largely unsympathetic, and her story is also a tragedy of loyalty and misplaced intentions. She's doomed to go down betrayed by everyone, forced either to abandon her goals and die for her loyalty. She will either die defending Setsuna from another threat or die after being "betrayed" by Setsuna. There are no other narrative outcomes for her. The second of these is more likely, as she will undoubtedly find out this Saturday that Setsuna does not approve of Altair destroying all of existence and rightly point out that doing so is both an insult to Setsuna and not what she originally intended in the first place. More to the point, part of this will include "how does erasing everything, including yourself, avenge your creator."

Altair will either lay down her sword out of loyalty and hand her "rebellion" over to Setsuna, or the logical dissonance and reality of what Setsuna truly intended (including that her suicide was her choice alone) will break Altair and make her attack Setsuna, the process of which would likely deplete most of the acceptance she has earned.

With respect to power levels, however, @daniel_naumov has it right; in theory, Altair is presently the most powerful character in all of the multiverses given that she can bring others down to her level and negate their abilities.

Bonus:

This is what Altair really looks like, according to Rei Hiroe:

firemagnetSep 5, 2017 1:27 PM
Sep 5, 2017 1:20 PM
Apr 2016
Chiyousagi said:
Peter16373 said:

Flight (Can fly.)

All I can say is either the characters are dumb/weak as fuck(hint:blitz) in re:creators or altair is OP ONLY in a re:creator setting. Imagine if altair travel to selesia's world setting, depending on how specific "acceptance" is being defined, altair may just be a helpless military uniform girl since no tv/internet/media there lulz.

Actually Altair is only weak in the Re: Creators universe. She can use her full power without restrictions in any other universe due to it being fiction unlike the world where Re: Creators is taking place in is the real world instead of a fictional world so there are certain limitations.

KaiserNazrin said:

Funny you say that when Altair solos all of Dragon Ball since they don't have hax. If Zeno tries to erase her along with the universe she would just travel to another world and than come back and erase Zeno instead. Everybody else just gets trashed by Altair's abilities. Hax > Power
Sep 5, 2017 1:20 PM

Sep 2013
Altair is fodder compared to top tier characters.
Sep 5, 2017 3:03 PM
Jul 2014
ichii_1 said:
Altair is fodder compared to top tier characters.

And Altair, given that she has no limits in a fictional world, would fight it to a draw given that her fans would give her abilities to match.
Sep 5, 2017 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
Peter16373 said:

KaiserNazrin said:

Funny you say that when Altair solos all of Dragon Ball since they don't have hax. If Zeno tries to erase her along with the universe she would just travel to another world and than come back and erase Zeno instead. Everybody else just gets trashed by Altair's abilities. Hax > Power

What make you think Altair can erase anything? The only thing she have erased so far is another creation's ability. If she's so powerful why don't she erase the world that she hate so much already? She can't because she's not that powerful.

Sep 5, 2017 8:00 PM
Apr 2016
KaiserNazrin said:
Peter16373 said:

What make you think Altair can erase anything? The only thing she have erased so far is another creation's ability. If she's so powerful why don't she erase the world that she hate so much already? She can't because she's not that powerful.

Yuya even said she could've erase them whenever she wanted to but she didn't only because she needed acceptance so she could use her full power in the real world. But if it's in a fictional world she wouldn't have that restriction. Also power means nothing compared to hax. She doesn't need power to defeat somebody stronger than her. She can just outhax them. Nobody in Dragon Ball other than Zeno can even damage her. God of Destructions Hakai gets negated by her regen. Physical attacks do nothing against her. Only Zeno even has the slimmest chance of defeating her and even his universe erasing ability can be countered by Altair's world traveling ability. Also she has the existence possession ability where she literally takes over her targets entire existence while keeping her own abilities. Not to mention all her other abilities like Factor Mimic where she makes a perfect copy of her target and she doesn't seem to have a limit on how many copies she can create at once. As well as her fate manipulation where she can manipulate fate so she has the advantage against her enemies and other broken haxxed abilities.
Peter16373Sep 5, 2017 8:07 PM
Sep 5, 2017 8:11 PM

Mar 2008
Obviously not. So far as we've seen, she could only trump omnipotents if they're taken as being part of her universe's 'created' realities.

And even if they were, they'd probably beat her at her own game with their greater 'information richness' given the limitations of recreators itself as an anime-original work :thinking:

There's still two episodes to go for her to powerup though, so who knows where she'll be by the end.
CkanSep 5, 2017 8:14 PM
Sep 6, 2017 2:48 AM

Jun 2013
Peter16373 said:

Actually Altair is only weak in the Re: Creators universe. She can use her full power without restrictions in any other universe due to it being fiction unlike the world where Re: Creators is taking place in is the real world instead of a fictional world so there are certain limitations.

I believe you got the concept mixed up. The original altair(what setsuna created) isn't a hax creation. Her hax comes from all the random idea thrown into the internet by the populace in the re:creators world setting(ie souta's human world).

All altiar's hax abilities are addon and not part of her character. Similar to Hikayu, even though Hikayu's maho shojo ability comes from her very own creator himself. Like how Hikayu is just an eroge helpless anime girl in any other world setting(and even re:creator itself until her creator power her up), altair will similarly be just a military cosplaying girl outside a re:creator world setting should the "acceptance" doesn't get carried over(from re:creator universal) and altair fail to secure "acceptance" in whatever world she is in.

The important point to note is that altair's hax comes after her creation and is not part of the original character setting. Which she herself point out in episode 20 with the first dot linking and spreading out to the million of dots
Sep 6, 2017 6:41 AM

Mar 2015
both yes and no at the same time. the most powerful ability she has is actually that she can have any power as long as someone gives it to her. in her current state, there are characters that can actually defeat her but the ability to have any power is too powerful.
examples for people that can defeat her:
1- Beerus (or any God of Destruction) from Dragon Ball Super

Ability: "Hakai". can erase her from existence (probably has a hold back of needing to be touched as there was only 2 shown instances where they do it and both had touching)

2- Zeno from Dragon Ball Super

Ability: he can erase multiple universes including its gods and everything in it in an instant.

3- Magane from Re:Creators

Ability: she can just render her powers useless as it was shown she can just change reality around anything as long as she can converse with that person to trigger them into attacking her. we've seen that Altair easily gets mad but it seems unlikely she'll fall into Magane's trap considering she knows her ability.

4- Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya franchise

Ability: she's a god in that world. she can do anything she believes in but she's unaware of her powers but i guess Kyon can convince her himself to make her believe into rendering Altair useless, if not remove her from existence in the first place.

there are probably more characters that can do the same or even more powerful acts but those are the ones i could think of right now. anyway, as stated at the start, her most powerful ability is that she can have any power so anybody could just give her the ability of being immune to all other abilities
Sep 6, 2017 12:32 PM
Apr 2016
@Modo942000

I feel like everybody seems to forget about her regeneration. She was already erased from existence by Sirius in episode 20 and that didn't work. Magane's Causality manipulation can be countered by Altair's version of causality manipulation. You do know Haruhi is a glass cannon right? Altair can just kill her before she even activates her abilities which are below even Zeno. None of these characters can beat Altair since the are considered low tier in the world of fiction. You should've named somebody like

Arceus (Pokemon), Lucemon (Digimon), YHVH (Shin Megami Tensei), Pontos (Saint Seiya), Sinbad (God form) (Magi), Reinhard Heydrich (Masadaverse), Alaya (Nasuverse), Featherine Augustus Aurora (When They Cry Verse), Elder God Demonbane (Demonbane), Mutsuki (I/O), Kami Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo), Azathoth (Cthulhu Mythos), The Law of Identity (Demon King Daimao), and etc.

These are what people would call high Tier to God tier fictional characters in anime.
Sep 6, 2017 2:44 PM
Dec 2015
I don't know if she is the most powerful anime character, but I really want to see her fight with Saiki Kusuo.
Sep 7, 2017 12:35 AM
Aug 2011
Peter16373 said:
@Modo942000

Arceus (Pokemon), Lucemon (Digimon), YHVH (Shin Megami Tensei), Pontos (Saint Seiya), Sinbad (God form) (Magi), Reinhard Heydrich (Masadaverse), Alaya (Nasuverse), Featherine Augustus Aurora (When They Cry Verse), Elder God Demonbane (Demonbane), Mutsuki (I/O), Kami Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo), Azathoth (Cthulhu Mythos), The Law of Identity (Demon King Daimao), and etc.

These are what people would call high Tier to God tier fictional characters in anime.

Azathoth, Law of Identity, and Kami Tenchi are omnipotent.

And I think most acasual being can screw her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2017 2:58 AM

Mar 2015
Peter16373 said:
@Modo942000

I feel like everybody seems to forget about her regeneration. She was already erased from existence by Sirius in episode 20 and that didn't work. Magane's Causality manipulation can be countered by Altair's version of causality manipulation. You do know Haruhi is a glass cannon right? Altair can just kill her before she even activates her abilities which are below even Zeno. None of these characters can beat Altair since the are considered low tier in the world of fiction. You should've named somebody like

Altair was absorbed into Sirius, not dealt damage to her. that's what made her take over Sirius instead. this proves that she can be erased normally without returning. also, we've seen multiple times that the world itself is rejecting her existence so i think someone with the ability to erase multiple universe out of existences in an instant can just remove her existence easily. as seen at the end of the Future Trunks Arc in Dragon Ball Super, Zeno was able to erase the entire future timeline from existence after Zamasu took over the entire universe (if you haven't watched dragon ball super or dragon ball at all, this would sound very weird) at which point he was already immortal to the point where Trunks' God Sword wasn't able to defeat him further emphasizing how overpowered Zeno's ability is. as for Haruhi, yes, she is a glass cannon but with right planning, she can remove Altair from existence without actually meeting her or Altair even knowing Haruhi Exists. as for the examples you said, i actually haven't watched any of them (except for pokemon but that was when i was 6 years old so i don't remember anything except from the games)
Sep 7, 2017 3:19 AM
Apr 2016
Modo942000 said:
Peter16373 said:
@Modo942000

Altair was absorbed into Sirius, not dealt damage to her. that's what made her take over Sirius instead. this proves that she can be erased normally without returning. also, we've seen multiple times that the world itself is rejecting her existence so i think someone with the ability to erase multiple universe out of existences in an instant can just remove her existence easily. as seen at the end of the Future Trunks Arc in Dragon Ball Super, Zeno was able to erase the entire future timeline from existence after Zamasu took over the entire universe (if you haven't watched dragon ball super or dragon ball at all, this would sound very weird) at which point he was already immortal to the point where Trunks' God Sword wasn't able to defeat him further emphasizing how overpowered Zeno's ability is. as for Haruhi, yes, she is a glass cannon but with right planning, she can remove Altair from existence without actually meeting her or Altair even knowing Haruhi Exists. as for the examples you said, i actually haven't watched any of them (except for pokemon but that was when i was 6 years old so i don't remember anything except from the games)

Do you not remember the Ball of Light clash between Sirius and Altair had before Existence Change? She was erased by Sirius right there. Matsubara even stated if we can't erase you we'll change you. Since they expected her to regenerate after being erased. She was being kicked out of the Re: Creators world not erased from it during episode 10. Also Spirit Bomb doesn't kill the soul anybody who actually watched lots of animes would know that you need a soul killing ability to kill a true immortal. In Dragon Ball Super the only characters who have soul killing abilities are the Gods of Detrction and Zeno right now. Seriously it's like nobody on the internet ever watches episodes carefully and would always miss the details.
Sep 7, 2017 3:24 AM
Apr 2016
Since most of the mass viewers can fathom only the basic dimensions(and the contributors on this forum), they miss the main point: Everyone, especially Altair, is a creation in a story. But Altair surpassed the laws that were binding her (to be more precise, they never existed), and the crap you are spouting is only STORY-BASED. Altair bends REALITY while your beloved characters are A PART OF THEIR OWN STORY ONLY. If they ever were to face Altair in both fiction and reality, they would have been obliterated the same way Hikayu got: their power will be erased.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO EXPLAIN SUCH A SIMPLE CONCEPT EASIER...
While all the characters you spout live in 2017, ALTAIR IS LIVING IN 3017!!!!
Re:formed
Sep 7, 2017 3:32 AM

Mar 2015
Peter16373 said:
Modo942000 said:

Do you not remember the Ball of Light clash between Sirius and Altair had before Existence Change? She was erased by Sirius right there. Matsubara even stated if we can't erase you we'll change you. Since they expected her to regenerate after being erased. She was being kicked out of the Re: Creators world not erased from it during episode 10. Also Spirit Bomb doesn't kill the soul anybody who actually watched lots of animes would know that you need a soul killing ability to kill a true immortal. In Dragon Ball Super the only characters who have soul killing abilities are the Gods of Detrction and Zeno right now. Seriously it's like nobody on the internet ever watches episodes carefully and would always miss the details.

that's the point i'm trying to prove. Zeno is powerful enough to erase even the soul from existence
Sep 7, 2017 3:34 AM
Apr 2016
Modo942000 said:
Peter16373 said:

that's the point i'm trying to prove. Zeno is powerful enough to erase even the soul from existence

And I just explained that Altair had her entire existence (Mind, Soul, Body, and Consciousness) completely erased by Sirius during that clash and she still regenerated. This is exactly what I meant by nobody reads carefully.
Peter16373Sep 7, 2017 3:42 AM
Sep 7, 2017 8:13 AM

Sep 2009
Just get Gilgamesh to shoot Altair with Ea. She can't bend any world rules if there's no "world" around her to speak of.

So nah, she's only strong in context.

Sep 7, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 2014
LobsterRyoma said:
Just get Gilgamesh to shoot Altair with Ea. She can't bend any world rules if there's no "world" around her to speak of.

That's just semantics. More aptly, so long as she exists and there is a given set of universal laws, she can warp them to her benefit. In theory, Altair can also slide and do possibility manipulation (see her takeover of Sirius).

Since episode 1 also took place partly in Selesia's world, we can see that her powers also apply no matter where she goes.

Ea may be anti-world, but it would either do nothing against her or only temporarily slow her down. Since Ea (not its real name) operates by dislocating space-time temporarily within a given scale according to Fate's lore, if there's any possibility that Altair exists, she will slip into that possibility and survive it, just as she survived Selesia's Ionian Aphoria.
Sep 7, 2017 1:04 PM
Apr 2016
firemagnet said:
LobsterRyoma said:

That's just semantics. More aptly, so long as she exists and there is a given set of universal laws, she can warp them to her benefit. In theory, Altair can also slide and do possibility manipulation (see her takeover of Sirius).

Since episode 1 also took place partly in Selesia's world, we can see that her powers also apply no matter where she goes.

Ea may be anti-world, but it would either do nothing against her or only temporarily slow her down. Since Ea (not its real name) operates by dislocating space-time temporarily within a given scale according to Fate's lore, if there's any possibility that Altair exists, she will slip into that possibility and survive it, just as she survived Selesia's Ionian Aphoria.

Sirius' Existence Change is an advanced version of possession. It's pretty much existence erasure on top of possession at the same time. She didn't survive Ionian Aphoria she explained that she merely teleported out of it. Which would be normal if it weren't for the fact that Selesia said it was supposed to normally trap enemies in an infinite gate that's impossible to escape.
Sep 7, 2017 3:42 PM
Jul 2014
Peter16373 said:
firemagnet said:

Sirius' Existence Change is an advanced version of possession. It's pretty much existence erasure on top of possession at the same time. She didn't survive Ionian Aphoria she explained that she merely teleported out of it. Which would be normal if it weren't for the fact that Selesia said it was supposed to normally trap enemies in an infinite gate that's impossible to escape.

A single exit in an infinite space was how Altair described it. Even then, there's no reason, given what we've been shown, why she wouldn't survive Ea.
Sep 7, 2017 10:49 PM
Aug 2011
Peter16373 said:
firemagnet said:

Her Existence Change would't work on Gilgamesh because of his armor. And he fought BB who has existence erasure and win.

And the most sure way to kill her is wake Azathoth.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 2:10 AM
Jul 2014
john985 said:

Her Existence Change would't work on Gilgamesh because of his armor. And he fought BB who has existence erasure and win.

And the most sure way to kill her is wake Azathoth.

Altair doesn't have to body-jack him, though. She can just use the 3rd or 9th movements to rewrite his parameters and abilities. She did it to Selesia and--since she could just remove the plot surrounding his incarnation in Fate/Extra: CCC--his ability to defeat BB, a technically more powerful entity, would have no meaning to her.

He'd literally be stripped of his feats and then have his abilities debuffed permanently to match hers. This is in addition to being able to use the 14th movement to nullify any of his attacks. All of this is possible precisely because she exists outside of the mechanics that govern him. She's not bound by the throne of heroes or the root, so the mechanics that would otherwise prevent him from being defeated in that manner no longer apply.

It's exactly as @daniel_naumov describes; the characters must be considered exactly as they are shown, precisely because Altair is powered by the will of the audience. If they want her abilities to ignore the root and the throne of heroes, then they'll do exactly that.
firemagnetSep 8, 2017 2:43 AM
Sep 8, 2017 7:36 AM

Oct 2012
Well, [] Shiki can literally erase her creator, this erasing Altair as well.
Sep 8, 2017 9:09 AM
Jul 2014
Freiszcze said:

Um, given that Altair's creator is already dead....

Effectively, the only way to erase altair would be to, in universe, destroy every single piece of work about her that exists; data, copies, physical backups. Even that might not be enough, as Altair comments in episode 20 that so long as someone is creating something about her, she will continue to exist.
Sep 8, 2017 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
firemagnet said:
Freiszcze said:

Um, given that Altair's creator is already dead....

Effectively, the only way to erase altair would be to, in universe, destroy every single piece of work about her that exists; data, copies, physical backups. Even that might not be enough, as Altair comments in episode 20 that so long as someone is creating something about her, she will continue to exist.

I don't mean killing her. I mean erasing her from the timeline as a whole. Making her not even appear in the world.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

267 by Code0018 »»
Jan 10, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.