Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2017 6:00 AM

Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was so unexpected!

When it comes to manga I usually read mystery or horror and when they mentioned the murder incident in a nearby city my mind easily went to "Could it be Sakura!?" The thought quickly faded away as the manga progressed.

In this chapter when she wouldn't reply and didn't come in the end my first thought was that maybe lied and she only had those 2 weeks remaining to live. I really was expecting this to be a normal manga where the sick female MC would eventually die of her illness and not get murdered! That was the biggest surprise.

"Nakayoshi"-kun sitting in the cafe and thinking about all those things really reminded me of the time Conrad did something similar
Sep 5, 2017 9:30 PM

Oct 2016
Maou_heika said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was so unexpected!

When it comes to manga I usually read mystery or horror and when they mentioned the murder incident in a nearby city my mind easily went to "Could it be Sakura!?" The thought quickly faded away as the manga progressed.

In this chapter when she wouldn't reply and didn't come in the end my first thought was that maybe lied and she only had those 2 weeks remaining to live. I really was expecting this to be a normal manga where the sick female MC would eventually die of her illness and not get murdered! That was the biggest surprise.

"Nakayoshi"-kun sitting in the cafe and thinking about all those things really reminded me of the time Conrad did something similar

Some people hated this plot twist but I think it's beautifully done. For example, Sakura was always worried that her illness would be made known to her friends before she died and she would have to see her best friend saddened. She also prayed to the god of school to let her stay healthy until the moment of her death. Both of these would've been impossible had this twist not happen.

And another important significance of her death is more prominently portrayed in the novel. It really impresses me when the author manages to tie up loose ends more fittingly than these conflicts arose and better than the readers expected.
Apr 16, 2018 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
People definitely can change others especially in this series.

My favorite quote from this chapter is "the world doesn't give a shit" lol
Apr 16, 2018 9:59 AM
Mar 2015
I think he is annoyed that she died before he was prepared for it
Apr 16, 2018 5:10 PM

Jul 2015
And with this my heart is broken, I still can't believe it happened even after reading the novel beforehand.

This is legit a shock compared to the standards of what we could usually expect: her dying of the illness she had, no, she instead got murdered.

This is a serious reminder that this or other tragedies could happen to any of us, we really need to appreciate everyone we have around and share our everyday lives with, maybe the next day they won't be there. Our protagonist finally understood thanks to Sakura's influence (I love how his parents react in happiness to his new way to be).

Amazing chapter, KimiSui is really something.
Apr 17, 2018 2:07 AM
Apr 2018
I know that she will die that's why I am already prepared for it, but after knowing how she dies I feel even more depressed..😭😭 Didn't expect that plot twist. Never thought someone will murder her. But at the same time, this is what really happens in real life. Life sure is something, you never know what will happen..
Apr 17, 2018 4:09 AM

Jan 2017
The twist doesn't have as much impact as the novel, didn't really feel shocked. Also, our MC's reaction are kind of a bit off or exaggerated basing on his personality that I remember from the novel (maybe it's just me).
Apr 17, 2018 4:12 AM

Oct 2015
I haven't read the last 3 chapters but I recently watched the live action adaptation and it also shocked me when she got knifed. Like I was not expecting that. With that said, I think you guys should check out the Live Action considering the animated ver. won't be coming out officially this year which I think is pretty well made considering other adaptations are shit
Apr 18, 2018 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
thought the random murder was kinda unnecessary and forced
not sure how i feel about that development

though i agree the words "the world doesn't give a shit" kinda delivers the message of how cruel life can be to one person when the person already has suffered unspeakable misfortune

really disappointed since their romance was just taking off
would have been great if he was by her side when she passed
i am really conflicted

Apr 18, 2018 8:18 AM

Jul 2014
holy shit, this was really unexpected to think she is dead not because her ill but got MURDERED..!!! i bet the student council did it to her...

btw when the next translated chapter coming out????
Apr 18, 2018 9:44 AM

Oct 2015
@zzzeally, correct me if I'm wrong but I remember it being foreshadowed with Sakura showing a newspaper of a headline "Killer on the loose" to Shiga so I wouldn't really say it's random; more like abrupt
Apr 18, 2018 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
EGOIST said:
@zzzeally, correct me if I'm wrong but I remember it being foreshadowed with Sakura showing a newspaper of a headline "Killer on the loose" to Shiga so I wouldn't really say it's random; more like abrupt

oh damn you are right
I just didn't give it a second thought and overlooked

still on the fence with that development especially when their relationship had just blossomed

Apr 23, 2018 5:20 AM

May 2015
Are you heckin' kidding me? I honestly think this is one of the most unexpected things I've ever experienced so far, if not the most unexpected.... I'm not sure how to feel, that was undoubtedly a big shock. This is just too depressing, ugh.

Apr 28, 2018 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
Well, that was a twist.

I don't know what to think.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

May 3, 2018 7:19 PM

Apr 2017
I wasn’t expecting that plot twist at all, not sure if I love it or hate it.

I like how she died from something else instead of the cliche “died during surgery” line but it happened so fast and abrupt that I feel like it lacked momentum. Of course, I was still thinking “What the fuck” but it seemed way too fast. I should read the novel.
May 25, 2018 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was unexpected, such a strange twist. So romance was crossed out just like that, i wonder what is there in last 2 chapters.
Aug 17, 2018 10:03 PM

Nov 2013
😬😬😬 i cant feel anything but rage right now, even after reading all 10chapters. To die from illness might not seem too different from getting knifed, but it is! People who get stabbed die slow, painful, agonizing death. It seems like that's exactly what happened to her. I can't imagine what it might have felt like for her to realize that she is actually dying, and so quickly, unexpectedly, so brutally in the cold alley by the hands of a degenerate! The author was just too cruel to the girl, and i understand the meaning behind this that all of us can die any moment when we least expect it - the way we might not even imagined dying, but the author chose the painful path to deliver this message and i hate them for it. Should i be thankful that the girl wasn't at least raped before being murdered? Author could have gone that far too, or done something "comical" like she slipped on a banana and died as a result of hitting her head, or a piano fell on her or something...
Lose of young life is always tragical, but why force me to feel rage apart from sorrow author? Just why?! 😬😥😭 totally unnecessary and cruel way to end the story
Sigmar-UnberogenAug 17, 2018 10:40 PM
Jan 13, 2022 4:56 PM

Jan 2017
Wow did not expect that at all and still don't know how I feel about it. 10/10 for the surprise factor though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Chapter 10 Discussion

lunar1412 - Aug 23, 2018

9 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Feb 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Chapter 4 Discussion

-HippySnob- - Aug 24, 2017

6 by Albino-52 »»
Jan 17, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Chapter 2 Discussion

MetaThPr4h - Sep 19, 2017

3 by Albino-52 »»
Jan 17, 2023 3:58 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2017

6 by lituratesweets »»
Sep 22, 2022 10:51 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai Chapter 5 Discussion

MetaThPr4h - Nov 20, 2017

10 by hik1komori »»
Aug 5, 2022 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.