Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2017 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol what's up with that bento? Looks adorable but also silly.

There was some random fan service for humor but my favorite moment was this:

A punch right to the face! Also, I think this show really likes to have its characters wear bandanas. The piggyback ride at the end is adorable :D
Aug 29, 2017 12:35 PM

Feb 2011
Gipple hammer space is lewd.

And the scary ugly magician monster is back. Him together with Raid are an actual threat.

The realization of Nike being a thief was funny, there were some doubts about his proficiency as warrior/hero, even more funny was Kukuri accepting it and adapting to her new image of her hero.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 29, 2017 12:55 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
SAPPARI and the old guy dancing jokes just get better by the time, i'm telling you XDD

A voiceless scream xD Nike got his face punched in hard lol

A convenient march of got-nothing sprites, that's always the best way to censor shit XDDD

Shaping dem Onigiri with armpits, i have seen it all WTF LOL

''IT'S TOTAL CHAOS!!''

Nike and Kukuri trying to cheat Nike's level LOL

LMFAO THEY STRAIGHT TOOK OFF after seeing him with Kukuri sprite XD

OMG Kukuri getting all embarassed when she said her great words to Nike was nothing short of ADORABLE! Gipple obviously didn't think so LOL

That fucking sword... xDD
Aug 29, 2017 6:05 PM
Jan 2009
Finally Toma, the only straight man in the entire guruguru world, has joined back the party.
Prepare yourself for him being... actually competent.

Let's talk for a second about one of my favourite plot twists in the story: class-wise Nike is actually a Thief.
This was foreshadowed multiple times since the very beginning of the story (since when in episode 1 the shopkeeper claimed that a dagger would be better than a sword for Nike).
The manga and the old anime series foreshadowed this even further by pointing out that Nike is very good at the MOST COMMON PASTIME of jRPGs heroes
Dark_KainAug 29, 2017 6:09 PM
Aug 29, 2017 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
Never expect that armpit crap
Aug 31, 2017 12:23 AM

Jan 2013
Wow! Seriously?!! Not only they condensed 31 episodes to 7, but they also skipped the last 13 episodes of the first anime and jumped straight to the second series?!!

Boy would One Piece fans kill for such pacing.......
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Aug 31, 2017 3:52 AM

Jan 2016
SHINOBI-03 said:
Wow! Seriously?!! Not only they condensed 31 episodes to 7, but they also skipped the last 13 episodes of the first anime and jumped straight to the second series?!!

Boy would One Piece fans kill for such pacing.......

They are following the manga, those 13 episodes were probably fillers.
Aug 31, 2017 11:42 PM
Aug 2015
Johnnyd3rp said:

They were definitely fillers. Nike got a bunch of powers prematurely (though they were hilarious) and there was a lackluster ending with Giri.

Ahh, we've finally past the point reached by the old anime! Now I get to enjoy new Guru Guru content along with everyone else.

Wow, Kukuri got over her devastation at hearing that Nike wasn't a warrior class really quickly xD You have to admire her dedication. It's nice to have a main character in an RPG who isn't warrior class. This is a simple series but I do like how the author remains consistent with the direction they take the characters from the very beginning.

Is it just me or is the Kita Kita Man getting funnier with every episode? It should be a tired joke but it surprisingly is thriving instead. I look forward to seeing more of Razzle the Sword.
Sep 1, 2017 2:28 AM

Feb 2011
rirururu said:
Ahh, we've finally past the point reached by the old anime! Now I get to enjoy new Guru Guru content along with everyone else.

Same, the second season of the old serie did cover some of this arc, but past this it's all unknown territory for anime-onlys, old and new.
This being a full adaptation is great to finally see the whole story.

rirururu said:
This is a simple series but I do like how the author remains consistent with the direction they take the characters from the very beginning.

Yup, many series have one impressive episode among many normal ones, this serie keeping the same level consistently is surprising.

rirururu said:
Is it just me or is the Kita Kita Man getting funnier with every episode? It should be a tired joke but it surprisingly is thriving instead.

He is. Comedy sometimes can take advantage of repetitions, guess having a good sense of timing also helps, when you less expect him to pop out, there he is doing something nasty again. xD

It could also be a matter of character development, at first the kitakita old man looked like just a one time comedy character, while the more he shows up the more he grows to be a real stable and recurring character, which gives more value to anything he does, which can also make his jokes funnier.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 1, 2017 5:44 AM
Aug 2015
Zeando said:
rirururu said:
This is a simple series but I do like how the author remains consistent with the direction they take the characters from the very beginning.

Yup, many series have one impressive episode among many normal ones, this serie keeping the same level consistently is surprising.

Yes, little quirks like Kukuri's unalterable crush on Nike, the direction of what we're learning about Guru Guru bit by bit, and Nike's less-than-desirable traits for a hero seem like tired cliches at first. But the author's willingness to use these quirks as a constant presence in the series that gets developed, rather than just as a novelty in the beginning that never goes anywhere, makes the overarching aspect of these characters quite enjoyable.

Zeando said:
rirururu said:
Is it just me or is the Kita Kita Man getting funnier with every episode? It should be a tired joke but it surprisingly is thriving instead.

He is. Comedy sometimes can take advantage of repetitions, guess having a good sense of timing also helps, when you less expect him to pop out, there he is doing something nasty again. xD

It could also be a matter of character development, at first the kitakita old man looked like just a one time comedy character, while the more he shows up the more he grows to be a real stable and recurring character, which gives more value to anything he does, which can also make his jokes funnier.

It helps that they're doing something with the joke by utilizing it in new settings and new ways. Despite the punchline being the same over and over again, he's hilarious because of the series' excellent placing of context.
Sep 2, 2017 7:40 AM
Jan 2009
Zeando said:
rirururu said:

Same, the second season of the old serie did cover some of this arc, but past this it's all unknown territory for anime-onlys, old and new.

Even at the current pacing there is a chance they won't be able to make a full adaptation in 24 episodes. I sort of suspect that the final (or even the final two) manga volume is going to be adapted as an ova or a movie.
Sep 3, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2015
Zeando said:
rirururu said:

What the hell? Is that even possible? This season covered what the old series (of 90 episodes) has covered?
Sep 24, 2017 7:05 AM

Feb 2011
Xenocrisi said:
Zeando said:

What the hell? Is that even possible? This season covered what the old series (of 90 episodes) has covered?

Yup, the old anime adaptations were made while the manga was still being published, so they added lots of fillers, the pace was quite slow (but perfectly fine for kids back then), and while the old adaptation also had a second season, they still didn't manage to cover all the manga.

Think of it as what is, and has, happened with other adaptations of running mangas like one piece, naruto etc, same happened back then with guru guru.

Oct 16, 2017 3:26 PM
Jul 2018
Johnnyd3rp said:

Actually They weren't following the manga very faithfully in this remake (they did remove many jokes and events from the manga and the original anime). The 1994 anime did follow the manga very faithfully till episode 31. Although the last 13 episodes were original content and weren't in the manga, these episodes were so funny and enjoyable. Volume 5 till 11 from the manga were covered in the 2000 version"Doki Doki Densetsu Mahoujin Guru Guru".
Oct 16, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Zeando said:

The 1994 version followed the manga till volume 4 (till episode 31 in the 1994 anime, the remaining episodes were original content but were very funny). Volume 5 till 11 were covered in the 2000 version"Doki Doki Densetsu Mahoujin Guru Guru" so we are not past the point reached by the 2000 anime version yet! The current arc in the remake was covered in the 2000 version.
removed-userOct 16, 2017 3:34 PM
Aug 15, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2015
Toma straight-up fingered Ripple. Looks like he hit the prostate too.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoujin Guruguru (2017) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2017

16 by Petro42 »»
Apr 7, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoujin Guruguru (2017) Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2017

27 by Petro42 »»
Apr 6, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2017

65 by Petro42 »»
Apr 6, 9:04 PM

» Why is nobody talking about this show?

ImmovableBocchi - Jul 20, 2019

10 by amlg »»
Jan 17, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Mahoujin Guruguru (2017) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2017

10 by KiraraFan »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.