New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 31, 2017 10:26 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Cactii said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

i need the english version of w/e you just said
You have a good taste despite having a good-ass-ugly-looking face.

LMAO thats what i was thinking the translation was

well how does he know im not beautiful? D:
Jul 31, 2017 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
Takamura-sama said:
Whenever I'm in an anime chatgroup they assume that I'm a troll because my favorite list consisting of School days and fairy tail.

I also like mayoiga, sao and many more anime that are disliked a lot by people.

Is my animetaste really that bad? If it is why is it bad?

Nah your taste is pretty good actually half of your list are some of my favorites personally

Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Jul 31, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
Cactii said:
You have a good taste despite having a good-ass-ugly-looking face.

It's a common thing to compliment someone and then insult him.

It's all love bro
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 31, 2017 11:04 AM

Aug 2016
Not really, for school days i went in knowing it was going to be insane and still ended up being one of the most enjoyable anime ive watched, for the fairy tail side i guess you just have to like that kind of anime but the rest on your favorites isnt too bad
Jul 31, 2017 11:20 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Takamura-sama said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

It's a common thing to compliment someone and then insult him.

It's all love bro

lol trust me.. i know, anyway, thanks man <3
Jul 31, 2017 11:27 AM

May 2015
Apoc_Revolution said:
zal said:
I didn't say they are very good but that I think they are. What does you finding them boring have anything to do with them being good?
Serial experiments lain even says too much.
I guess you prefer more tell not show type of anime like Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Psycho Pass and Monster.

If you don't get it doesn't mean they don't explain the pertinent stuff.

[i][color=#800080]Okay, but you did say they are good. Them being boring may not have anything to do with quality, but it does affect the way I score things. Even if SEL would have the best quality ever, I would at maximum give it a 5 since I didn't enjoy it in the slightest.
I said this many times: score how you want. Want to score based on enjoyment? Feel free to do so, I said nothing against that. I do not enjoy some good shows as well.

Really though, it doesn't explain anything and is even worse than NGE in that aspect. If you have to research on the internet to find out what the show means, then I consider the anime a failure.
Consider it whatever you want but even if you consider it a failure doesn't make it a failure, just saying.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the show, not tell approach as long as things can still be properly understood without words. SEL and NGE's movie fail in that aspect since everything is a mess. It's no wonder that so many people don't understand what these shows mean.[/color][/i]
The question is, is it really a mess or is it just your impression?
If you look at them just from a narrative point of view yeah it might be a mess but you are ignoring the introspection side of Evangelion which didn't seem a mess to me and ended up being the main focus of the show.

Apoc_Revolution said:
Aquamirror said:

26 episodes, half a movie and you still have no idea what Human Instrumentality Project is about? Come on dude.

Where did I write that I didn't understand NGE's plot? I specifically wrote "the second half of End of Evangelion." You should read better.
You said explain nothing but was there really anything essential left to explain?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 11:53 AM

Oct 2014
Takamura-sama said:

Lol since when is flcl a 5? It gets a 3 from me lmao bitchass bad anime

It's never a 5 (only in your profile), because it's a 9, pretty much a masterpiece.
Jul 31, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2011
Don't worry about those people, they're just being mean because their taste is different than yours. People disrespect me too because my taste is different from a lot of other people. I find that we have some things in common since we both don't care much for Wolf Children for example. I think that's interesting.

I don't think that you're a troll. And I don't care how good or bad your taste is, you can have your opinion.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jul 31, 2017 12:06 PM

Jan 2017
i didn't see this type of thread in a while .next week /day i will make a thread like this one to make this type of thread a weekly/daily thing again

ps school days is good ,fairy tail isn't .
Jul 31, 2017 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Don't mind other opinion as long as you enjoy what you watch.
Jul 31, 2017 12:32 PM
Feb 2009
Your taste is all over the place. I can honestly not tell at all what you like.
Jul 31, 2017 12:33 PM

Jul 2013
You gave Digimon Adventure a 4, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood a 6, Gintama a 7 and Fairy Tail a 10.
Your taste is terribad.

Urrrgh!

Nah seriously, watch what you like and don't let people tell you what is or isn't good.
That FMA:B rating still irritates me a bit though, haha
Jul 31, 2017 1:07 PM

Mar 2016
> --27% Compatability

Oh his taste must be great!

> Gave Fairy Tail 10, SAO+Highschool DxD+Mirai Nikki a 9,FMAB a 6, Original Naruto+serial experiments lain+FLCL a 5

My cat has better taste than you.

Jul 31, 2017 1:13 PM
Mar 2017
Uhhh....I havn't watched School Days or Mayoiga so I can't comment on that, but I HAVE watched Fairy Tail and SAO so here are my opinions. Feel free to murder me kick me whatever the heck you want to do.

Fairy Tail:
It has a good premise, aand it's built on a good message-A place where people are like family and can go on infinite adventure. The problem is, is that it's Shounen Jump, qnd like most Shounen Jump, the authors eventually sacrifice quality for quantity. I personally loved the first few arcs. Then, after a while, everything just came boiling down to one detail. Natsu giving a speech about how friends and family are important and you villains will never understand that dont insult my friends etc etc. then Natsu kicks everyone's ass, and everyone goes home happy. The problem that Fairy Tail has here is that it gets incredibly repetitive with this one detail. Why can't Lucy get more power? Other than finding the other golden keys, she barely even grows. On the other hand, the writers kept having to inteoduce more and more powerful characters to make a math for someone like Natsu. Its infinite scaling. These things get tiring and boring after 5 or 6 arcs. If you want well done stories that don't make the characters literal gods, watch Haikyuu, or Boku no Hero Academia. Two great examples of good pacing and character growth.

SAO:
The biggest successful failure. Keep in mind, these are my opinions and you may disagree withh them. SAO had an incredibly strong first episode. Then, it just threw that all away. Since there is a lot to talk about here, I'll be splitting it into sections.

Character:
Klein had the potential to become supporting character of the season, then they just threw him in the trash for a half-assed harem. After the Silica and Liz arcs, no one really cared about them anymore. And after Sachi died, I didn't feel a thing. They spent so much time on her, and I didn't even build an emotional connection with her. She was that insignificant. I'll give you an example of a good feels story. Remember Avatar: The Last Airbender? I recently rewatched it because of childhood reasons and in the Tales of Ba Sing Se episode, we got to see the Tale of Iroh. Long story short, there was a character that got 5 minutes of film. He was Iroh's son, and through previous mentionings of him, we got to see how much he meant to Iroh. So when Iroh went to mourn for him on his birthday, I literally came to tears. Sachi was insignificant. Liz and Silica don't matter. Then here comes Asuna and Yui. Yui is the so-called daughter of Kirito and Asuna. For one, Kirito and Asuna aren't even of age. And we know in Season two that Asuna comes from a rich sterotypical asian family. Her mother is strict with her because she knows how much potential that Asuna has. She would never approve of her getting married at the ripe and tender age of 17 much less have a child. Again, when Yui dies, I didn't feel a thing for her. She is a computer AI that is supposed to monitor feelings and lost her memories because she went out into Aincrad. She is completely useless. She doesn't add to the story, her character arc was pointless, and she got deleted because she helped 2 players from a boss in a death dungeon. Asuan. Here we go. After the Aincrad arc, like every one of the girls Kirito meets, she becomes his bitch. She was actualy potent in episode 2, and when they're fighting the giant skeleton monster as well as that giant minotaur, but in ALO, she does nothing. She is locked in a birdcage and doesn't even think about escape. She has so mucch power, and when that guy tries to rape her, she does nothing. She literally waits for Jesus-kun to come to her rescue, because true love beats all and in video games this rule definetly applies (in case you read that wrong, I was being sarcastic). Kirito. Jesus-kun for a nickname. His reflexes are supposedly the best of the best in the 10,000 peole that logged into SAO. RPG's fdon't rely that heavily on reflexes. If you've seen any of the Diablo games, Blade and soul, or Tera, they rely more on combos and making good decisions rather than just reacting to what the bosses are doing. The only reactions that should be happening is when you dodge, and thats only for a split second. And because he supposedly has such fast reflexes, he gets dual wielding, so he can become even more god-like and powerful. Wow is there just no end to what he can do? Maybe next time, we should give him the ability to fly. Yeah cause that'll be a good idea. Seriously just because someone has fast reflexes doesn't mean they'll be good at games.

Story:
Again, super strong first ep. Then it all dird when the pacing jumped all over the place. The rest was basically filler, except for the laughing coffin arc which actually had some meaning behind it. And then there's the bullshit that is coming back from the dead because you have strong feelings. No one can come back from the dead unless there's an item involved in video games. He comes back from the dead when he hears Asunams voice and somehow, she didn't die IRL when she died in game. I thought the nero gear was supposed to be firing thousands of times per second, scanning brain waves and bodily functions but maybe I'm wrong. And he already gave the revive item he got from Santa monster to Klein who is paralyzed btw during the figjt with Kayaba. There are also other things wrong, but since I already wrote 2 big paragraphs I don't wanna write more

Art:
At least they didn't fuck up the animations and music.

Conclusion:
So, there's a lot of things wrong with SAO. But if you like it, then go ahead. Just remember that SAO has some really bad writing and not everyone might agree with you
Jul 31, 2017 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
Watch the shows you like, everyone has different opinions, also Mayoiga was trash
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jul 31, 2017 1:39 PM

Dec 2016
-33% of affinity, wow that must be one of the highest non-positive affinities I've found here.

Based on that number alone, and strictly from my p.o.v., yeah I would say you have bad taste, but my opinion, and the opinion of everyone else, must be totally irrelevant to you, since good or bad taste are only myths, there are no rules when it comes to tastes.
Jul 31, 2017 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Cactii said:
Wasshio said:
Don't really get the point of this thread but alright then.

I don't really care if your taste is bad or not (generously speaking), because I honestly wouldn't really give two fucks about that. As long as you ain't a fucking asshole towards other people or specifically me I won't be an asshole to you on that regard.
He's not asking if you care about his taste or not, but do you think his taste is bad or not.

But pointing this out: Who cares?
Yeah, who ca- wait
Takamura-sama said:
Whenever I'm in an anime chatgroup they assume that I'm a troll because my favorite list consisting of School days and fairy tail.

Like what you like and don't give two fucks what people say about it Lol.

He never said he won't like what he currently like, he just want to understand the viewpoint on his preference, is it a sin for a person to try to broaden his understanding or confirm his the information he got?
I mean I get shit for liking the stuff that I like and not liking what everyone likes, soooo... I just give a pffffttt. Kay :V
Congrats, you just established your ground when no one was asking for.
But regarding your ground
Wasshio said:
Who cares?

Maybe I read that wrong since I was in a speed of running off towards going somewhere buuut yeah sorry about that.

But if I would want to ask an answer, his taste isn't really that bad, if it comes to that. If that is much clearer.
Jul 31, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
35.8 afinity, good, but you are still not ready grasshopper.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 31, 2017 3:12 PM

Nov 2013
Looks like you only watch new anime post-2000, you could use more classics and mecha in your list. Not bad though since you have at least seen Hajime no Ippo and you have Death Note + Clannad in your favorites.
Jul 31, 2017 3:14 PM

Jan 2017
Ok to me, trolling or not? To each their own. If that's what you like, then so be it. I personally do not like those animes but yeah that's just me. Its all on opinion.
Jul 31, 2017 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
Gives Gabriel Dropout a 5 and School Days a 10... WTF?! O_O

Nah I'm just messing with yah lol xD
Jul 31, 2017 4:40 PM

Jun 2017
I've never understood why someone's individual taste in anime or fiction should be ridiculed. Sharing interests with other people can create conversations and friendships, but other than that, your individual taste doesn't affect anyone. If you enjoy something, that's all that matters! :)
Sour Patch Kids. Sweet, sour,
Jul 31, 2017 4:45 PM

Feb 2015
You gave One Piece a 5 so you aren't completely lost.
Jul 31, 2017 4:50 PM

Sep 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
zal said:
I didn't say they are very good but that I think they are. What does you finding them boring have anything to do with them being good?
I guess you prefer more tell not show type of anime like Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Psycho Pass and Monster.

Okay, but you did say they are good. Them being boring may not have anything to do with quality, but it does affect the way I score things. Even if SEL would have the best quality ever, I would at maximum give it a 5 since I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. Really though, it doesn't explain anything and is even worse than NGE in that aspect. If you have to research on the internet to find out what the show means, then I consider the anime a failure.

Cactii said:
What does whether you enjoy it or not has anything to do with Zal's perception of it being good? Does your soul link with him? why do think "everyone" enjoy SEL or NGE after doing a research on what it means? in the first place what make you think the show requires people to do research just to understand it?

Nothing, that's why our tastes differ after all. I just don't see how you can claim SEL and NGE are good while they have major flaws. I didn't say everyone enjoys them after doing research on the internet. Some people might understand what these shows mean without researching afterwards, but the majority does not, from what I've seen. Because many things aren't explained...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the show, not tell approach as long as things can still be properly understood without words. SEL and NGE's movie fail in that aspect since everything is a mess. It's no wonder that so many people don't understand what these shows mean.

Cactii said:
Hey, I respect it if you don't understand the show and dislike it, but why do you assume everyone else also don't understand the show just like you?

You're putting words in my mouth again... "so many" =/= "everyone"
Apoc_RevolutionJul 31, 2017 5:22 PM

Jul 31, 2017 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Just put The Tatami Galaxy somewhere in your favorites. There, problem solved.
Jul 31, 2017 5:09 PM

Mar 2016
mayoiga, sao, and fairy tale are all shitty shows, but i guess every one has their own tastes.
Jul 31, 2017 5:20 PM

Sep 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
zal said:

Okay, but you did say they are good. Them being boring may not have anything to do with quality, but it does affect the way I score things. Even if SEL would have the best quality ever, I would at maximum give it a 5 since I didn't enjoy it in the slightest.

zal said:
I said this many times: score how you want. Want to score based on enjoyment? Feel free to do so, I said nothing against that. I do not enjoy some good shows as well.

I already decided to do that from the moment I started rating anime. I score based on quality and enjoyment.

Really though, it doesn't explain anything and is even worse than NGE in that aspect. If you have to research on the internet to find out what the show means, then I consider the anime a failure.

zal said:
Consider it whatever you want but even if you consider it a failure doesn't make it a failure, just saying.

How can an anime that has major flaws not be a failure quality-wise?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the show, not tell approach as long as things can still be properly understood without words. SEL and NGE's movie fail in that aspect since everything is a mess. It's no wonder that so many people don't understand what these shows mean.

zal said:
The question is, is it really a mess or is it just your impression?
If you look at them just from a narrative point of view yeah it might be a mess but you are ignoring the introspection side of Evangelion which didn't seem a mess to me and ended up being the main focus of the show.

It really is a mess. These introspection scenes in the second half of the movie don't even make sense. Especially when Asuka keeps saying "Look at me" and "Chance" for seemingly no reason lol. While I personally dislike the TV season as well, at least there the introspection makes sense.

Apoc_Revolution said:
Aquamirror said:

26 episodes, half a movie and you still have no idea what Human Instrumentality Project is about? Come on dude.

Where did I write that I didn't understand NGE's plot? I specifically wrote "the second half of End of Evangelion." You should read better.

zal said:
You said explain nothing but was there really anything essential left to explain?

Certainly. The characters' emotions and the events that happen in the second half of the movie.
Apoc_RevolutionJul 31, 2017 5:25 PM

Jul 31, 2017 5:21 PM

Jul 2016
People just generally enjoy bashing on others and improving their egos while doing so. People are not nice and never will be unless they see a certain benefit in interacting with you and this benefit, of course, decreases on the internet, so they just try to get some enjoyment from mentally torturing or bothering you in any way possible.

People like this are, of course, everywhere, not just in the anime community, a simple example is metal or any other music genre, saying that you like Nu metal makes you hated by a great portion of the metal fans, yet there still are people who enjoy and produce it, so why should it be bad to like it, right? Many people jump on the bandwagon of hating a certain anime and just pursue it to the end, trying to offend and annoy as many people as virtually possible.

I myself have not found a single person on this site with whom I would share a positive affinity, god forbid have over 50%. But does this concern me and make me change my taste in anime just to please random people over the internet? No, I do not care what other people think of me and I shall enjoy what I enjoy, nothing but me and my experience will change this.
Sightless_EyesJul 31, 2017 5:34 PM
Jul 31, 2017 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
I still can't believe people make serious posts about "taste".
It is subjective. WHO CARES what people think about what YOU like... be like me and don't give a fuck
Jul 31, 2017 5:35 PM
Jul 2015
Just opened MAL in months to say this without actually reading anything in this post.

Yes.

It is.

Jul 31, 2017 5:38 PM

May 2016
Hmm...8% Affinity.

Ruh-roh, Raggy.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jul 31, 2017 6:17 PM

May 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Okay, but you did say they are good. Them being boring may not have anything to do with quality, but it does affect the way I score things. Even if SEL would have the best quality ever, I would at maximum give it a 5 since I didn't enjoy it in the slightest. Really though, it doesn't explain anything and is even worse than NGE in that aspect. If you have to research on the internet to find out what the show means, then I consider the anime a failure.

Cactii said:
What does whether you enjoy it or not has anything to do with Zal's perception of it being good? Does your soul link with him? why do think "everyone" enjoy SEL or NGE after doing a research on what it means? in the first place what make you think the show requires people to do research just to understand it?

Nothing, that's why our tastes differ after all. I just don't see how you can claim SEL and NGE are good while they have major flaws. I didn't say everyone enjoys them after doing research on the internet. Some people might understand what these shows mean without researching afterwards, but the majority does not, from what I've seen. Because many things aren't explained...]
1. why do you think people still like it despite the suppose "flaws" you're talking about exist? Is major flaws really exist? wasn't it merely because the show didn't appeal to you? was it a plot hole? wasn't it just you yourself doesn't understand the show? was it really a major flaws or was merely a minor flaw?
2. Why do you believe "our taste are different" but can't accept that he like SEL and NGE?
3. Why can't a show be considered as good just because some flaws exist?
4. You did imply that people enjoy after doing research, and also imply that a research is needed to understand the show. If anything blame yourself for using ambiguity fallacy.
5. On what ground do claim that people who does research just to enjoy the show is in majority?
6. Was it unexplained or was it you who don't understand it yourself?

Cactii said:
Hey, I respect it if you don't understand the show and dislike it, but why do you assume everyone else also don't understand the show just like you?

Ok, I'll move a step back then.

But isn't this just you trying to hide behind the image of "alot of people" is like me?
what does other people's incapability in understand the show has anything to do with Zal's perception of the show?
You acknowledge that people don't need to do research to enjoy them, but why do you think they understand them if the show had explained nothing?
Jul 31, 2017 6:52 PM
Mar 2017
1.1% compatibility, lol.
It's not bad taste, it's just different taste
Jul 31, 2017 7:04 PM

Sep 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Cactii said:

Nothing, that's why our tastes differ after all. I just don't see how you can claim SEL and NGE are good while they have major flaws. I didn't say everyone enjoys them after doing research on the internet. Some people might understand what these shows mean without researching afterwards, but the majority does not, from what I've seen. Because many things aren't explained...

Cactii said:
1. why do you think people still like it despite the suppose "flaws" you're talking about exist? Is major flaws really exist? wasn't it merely because the show didn't appeal to you? was it a plot hole? wasn't it just you yourself doesn't understand the show? was it really a major flaws or was merely a minor flaw?
2. Why do you believe "our taste are different" but can't accept that he like SEL and NGE?
4. You did imply that people enjoy after doing research, and also imply that a research is needed to understand the show. If anything blame yourself for using ambiguity fallacy.
5. On what ground do claim that people who does research just to enjoy the show is in majority?

1. I'm guessing that's because it is somehow enjoyable for them. Maybe they like figuring out the incomprehensible nonsense that the anime presents. I don't. But enjoying an anime doesn't mean it is automatically good because quality and enjoyment are seperate things. A show that doesn't explain anything is definitely an example of a major flaw. And I'm not the only one that couldn't understand what exactly Serial Experiments Lain and the second half of End of Evangelion mean.

2. I do accept that he likes SEL and NGE. Again, you're putting words in my mouth.

3. It is possible for a show to be good as long as the flaws are minor. Major flaws outweigh the positives that an anime might have.

4. No, I didn't. "If you have to research to understand," implies that research is only necessary if you can't understand. Not all people can't understand what these shows mean, but the majority does.

5. You keep mixing up enjoyment with understanding. The majority would need to research in order to understand. They can still enjoy these shows without research.

6. Most definitely unexplained.

Cactii said:

Cactii said:

But isn't this just you trying to hide behind the image of "alot of people" is like me?
what does other people's incapability in understand the show has anything to do with Zal's perception of the show?
You acknowledge that people don't need to do research to enjoy them, but why do you think they understand them if the show had explained nothing?

It is a valid reason. The whole point of art is that it can be understood. The fact that many people don't understand means Serial Experiments Lain and End of Evangelion have failed in conveying their meaning. Which objectively, means they cannot be good anime, however much you may enjoy them. Zal's perception and other people's perceptions are unrelated. I don't know why you even bring that up. How some people can understand even though nothing is explained isn't something I can know. I can't look inside people's minds.

Jul 31, 2017 7:10 PM

Apr 2017
You rated Toradora a 1 so yes!
But you were redeemed when you rated eromanga sensei and renai boukun pretty low.
Jul 31, 2017 7:20 PM
Jul 2017
who cares? at least you can say that fairy tail its one of your favourite shows whitout hesitation.
its your taste, not theirs
Jul 31, 2017 7:35 PM

Apr 2017
Apoc_Revolution said:
zal said:
It's not that I think they are good, they are good. What I think is that they are very good.

Sure, flawed anime that are not only boring to watch, but explain nothing to the viewer (entirety of Serial Experiments Lain and the second half of End of Evangelion) are very good /s.

>needs meaning to be spelled out for him
lol
the whole point is to explain it for yourself in your own way
life is way often way more ambiguous than not so when trying to realistically approach peoples feelings around such crazy events as the wired or the second/third impacts the meaning behind it can not be easily pinned down on purpose...
it's like being there in all the madness; for example nge kinda throws you right in and explains backstory as it goes (esp in the second half) right as the backstory stuff starts to show it starts having an effect on the characters and seeing how they and you react to such events i think is really cool and interesting. The psychological tension is amazing tbh.

i highly recommend you read some Faulkner novels and try to see the beauty in this method of story telling. When you 'get' it I swear the other methods kinda lose their luster... heres a general summary of what i like about them
https://neoenglish.wordpress.com/2010/12/12/ambiguity-inconclusiveness-irresolution-in-faulkner%E2%80%99s-novels/

also the art style and music of both shows i find really enjoyable

OP: -5.5% comp, we only share 19 though so... cant really say too much except toradora a 1 hmmm idk about that
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jul 31, 2017 8:01 PM

Sep 2015
I din't look at your list, but guessing from your avatar pic.

Yes it is
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Jul 31, 2017 8:02 PM

May 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Cactii said:

[i][color=#800080]1. I'm guessing that's because it is somehow enjoyable for them. Maybe they like figuring out the incomprehensible nonsense that the anime presents. I don't. But enjoying an anime doesn't mean it is automatically good because quality and enjoyment are seperate things. A show that doesn't explain anything is definitely an example of a major flaw. And I'm not the only one that couldn't understand what exactly Serial Experiments Lain and the second half of End of Evangelion mean.

On what criteria do you claim that what the anime presents is incomprehensible nonsense? wasn't it just you who don't understand it?
On what "Objective" fact do you measure the quality of the show?
How can people understand a show that doesn't explain anything?
Why does you not being the only one that couldn't understand has anything to do with SEL of NGE as being inherently incomprehensible or not? why do you try to hide behind "I'm not the only one" when it is merely an argumentum ad populum.

2. I do accept that he likes SEL and NGE. Again, you're putting words in my mouth.
Disjunctive cognition.
Your mouth say you have no problem, why your attitude is still question his perception on SEL and NGE.

3. It is possible for a show to be good as long as the flaws are minor. Major flaws outweigh the positives that an anime might have.
Then you have an obligation to back up your claim by presenting a fact that SEL and NGE really has major flaws, don't you think?

4. No, I didn't. "If you have to research to understand," implies that research is only necessary if you can't understand. Not all people can't understand what these shows mean, but the majority does.

Then is this suppose to support the existence of illusional-flaws you speak of?

5. You keep mixing up enjoyment with understanding. The majority would need to research in order to understand. They can still enjoy these shows without research.

which group of people do you refer to as majority?
A bunch of people who don't understand and also don't enjoy the show.
A bunch of people who understand but don't enjoy the show.
A bunch of people who don't understand but enjoy the show or
A bunch of people who understand and also enjoy the show.
And please elaborate on why is it a show fault that you can't understand it when there's people that understand it?

6. Most definitely unexplained.[/color][/i]

Then how did people who didn't even do research understand them?

Cactii said:

[i][color=#800080]It is a valid reason. The whole point of art is that it can be understood.
Your incapability in understand it does not mean it can't be understood.

The fact that many people don't understand means Serial Experiments Lain and End of Evangelion have failed in conveying their meaning. Which objectively, means they cannot be good anime,

Invalid argumnt as it is merely Argumentum ad populum.
Please elaborate more on your perception of "objective".
however much you may enjoy them. Zal's perception and other people's perceptions are unrelated.
But the core of argument is you keep question Zal's perception by bring up "other people didn't understand too", to attack his perception.
How some people can understand even though nothing is explained isn't something I can know. I can't look inside people's minds.[/color][/i]
Isn't that a proof that the show did explain what is necessary?
Jul 31, 2017 8:03 PM

Jul 2017
mine is worse, i only liked comedy and people really likes to interfere me.
Jul 31, 2017 8:07 PM
Jul 2015
Well I actually don´t care, but I will just say that if someone says to you and proves to you that an anime you like is shit don´t fight back.
And to end I have to say that I have a lot of animes that I like and I know they´re shit.
Jul 31, 2017 8:19 PM
May 2016
Does it really matter what anybody's taste in anime is? Bad taste is just a term internet morons came up with to justify hating on specific series.

Hey, guess what. You don't like the same things I do. I don't care, you shouldn't either, mate.
Jul 31, 2017 8:27 PM

Aug 2016
Yet another thread with loads unhelpful opinions.

Yeah, maybe the OP's taste is bad. I kind of think that the OP's taste is bad. Who cares? It doesn't make the OP a bad person. Having good taste doesn't make one a good person, either.

So, @Takamura-sama, you've got bad taste. Okay. Whatever. Maybe you do. It doesn't matter. You're allowed to like or dislike whatever you do. Have a nice day. Keep watching anime.
Jul 31, 2017 8:30 PM

Jun 2017
I rate your tastes a 4.5/10. That's not very good...
Jul 31, 2017 8:36 PM

Aug 2008
Cactii said:
Zapredon said:
Those who think you got bad taste or troll are elitist then.
wtf is elitist even mean now, stop forcing every stupid things to the concept of elitist.

Elitist behavior is stupid itself.
Elitist = someone who think others are inferior in intelligence, taste etc base on his favorite anime.

Watch till the end. Though I disagree that reviewer and elitist are the same,accusing others having shit taste are stuff elitist said.
They are just insecure people IRL cause they are under achiever loser so they seek a form of superiority in cartoon such as taste.
I never see someone who has different taste than me having shit taste. They just have different taste(which is subjective), that's all

I never understood why anime community like to compare with each other so much who is better base on their favorite anime. Can you imagine going for job interview and you try to convince the interviewer that they should hire you because you like certain anime? You would become laughing stock and they will kick you out right away.
ZapredonJul 31, 2017 10:06 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 31, 2017 9:00 PM

Sep 2016
Ikaros_42oh said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Sure, flawed anime that are not only boring to watch, but explain nothing to the viewer (entirety of Serial Experiments Lain and the second half of End of Evangelion) are very good /s.

>needs meaning to be spelled out for him
lol
the whole point is to explain it for yourself in your own way
life is way often way more ambiguous than not so when trying to realistically approach peoples feelings around such crazy events as the wired or the second/third impacts the meaning behind it can not be easily pinned down on purpose...
it's like being there in all the madness; for example nge kinda throws you right in and explains backstory as it goes (esp in the second half) right as the backstory stuff starts to show it starts having an effect on the characters and seeing how they and you react to such events i think is really cool and interesting. The psychological tension is amazing tbh.

i highly recommend you read some Faulkner novels and try to see the beauty in this method of story telling. When you 'get' it I swear the other methods kinda lose their luster... heres a general summary of what i like about them
https://neoenglish.wordpress.com/2010/12/12/ambiguity-inconclusiveness-irresolution-in-faulkner%E2%80%99s-novels/

also the art style and music of both shows i find really enjoyable

It doesn't need to be spelled out as long as you can understand what the anime is trying to tell you. It either needs to be clearly expressed in words or shown in a way that isn't confusing. What if you can't explain it for yourself? Then you will either never understand or will have to listen to other people's opinions, which defeats the purpose of explaining it for yourself. In other words, it might as well be a waste of time better spent on something else. Indeed, NGE (the TV season) actually explains things. The second half of the movie does not. Even so, the TV season's plot and characters don't interest me and it has a major pacing flaw in episode 24 that wastes a new character that is introduced. I won't mention who or how for those who haven't seen it yet. Psychological is one of my favourite genres, but NGE doesn't do it for me.

I appreciate the recommendation, but I must admit that I can't be bothered to read novels.

Jul 31, 2017 9:12 PM

Sep 2016

We could go on and on, but I can tell that carrying this further would be pointless. I have explained things multiple times, yet you still can't seem to understand and you also contradict yourself at some points...

Jul 31, 2017 9:27 PM

Nov 2014
40.7% Affinity to You, you're good don't listen to others and just ignore them

That single dropped though is another issue, it bugs me xD
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jul 31, 2017 9:52 PM

May 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:

We could go on and on, but I can tell that carrying this further would be pointless. I have explained things multiple times, yet you still can't seem to understand and you also contradict yourself at some points...
You never explain anything though? merely a baseless claim is not the same as explain.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» mal/Confessions

NoelleIsSleepy - 6 hours ago

31 by Dauphine »»
8 minutes ago

» Any romance anime where you liked MC more than main girl? (Shojo/Josei excluded)

Sanjay63773 - Today

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
12 minutes ago

» Your longest record/streak ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

68 by KodomoKomodo »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 3 )

Cammell - May 8

116 by chocomayu »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » The most overrated characters that everyone loves ( 1 2 3 )

Lizz_Aleister - Dec 1, 2020

112 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.