Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 30, 2017 3:36 AM
Dec 2016
Diosa11 said:
MikazukiRanbu said:

I'm not saying Katsugeki is bad - I actually began to enjoy it more myself by episode 4. But I am saying its not great judging by the first 3 episodes alone and the production value definitely was not suited to how the first 3 episodes were written. Whether they were just to introduce the characters or not, they were still slow and boring. And now the characters are going back to the citadel with a new group of characters about to go on their next mission meaning that all of that was more or less pointless.

I'm impressed. You seem like a huge fan of this franchise but you're not biased. I agree with everything you said. I didn't play the game. Judging by the anime alone the writing is pretty bad imo. The characters keep repeating words with no meaning such as asking "why do you kill innocent people" to mindless monsters that obviously just don't care.

But it got pretty exciting this episode. Hope it will only improve.

One thing I'm wondering about though. So the next mission is on a completely different timeline? Why? The 1st mission wasn't even finished yet. So they're just going to let Edo burn?

It was proven this episode that they are not mindless monsters. They had plan to change history.
Jul 30, 2017 5:01 AM

Apr 2016
I read some people hating on this anime and calling it "sausage fest" just because there aren't any female characters, lol.

That score is not fair at all, (it might deter some people from giving it a shot) though watching based on ratings is dumb imo because I've enjoyed some low scored anime a lot more than some of the high rated ones on here.
AX5Jul 30, 2017 5:09 AM
Jul 30, 2017 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
Any news on how many eps theres gonna be? Cause tbh I like this but the story amd character depths are lacking greatly and now that theyre gonna introduce new characters I feel like its gonna be a bigger problem if theres only 7 eps left
Jul 30, 2017 7:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I can't praise how great this episode was because I'm scared that my big bro Tonbo is dead :(

I'm looking forward to seeing Team 1 though
Jul 30, 2017 8:48 AM

Oct 2016
Raz1515 said:
Any news on how many eps theres gonna be? Cause tbh I like this but the story amd character depths are lacking greatly and now that theyre gonna introduce new characters I feel like its gonna be a bigger problem if theres only 7 eps left

I read there's going to be 13 episodes but since this is a ufotable anime its likely going to have a season 2.
Jul 30, 2017 8:49 AM

Oct 2016
emilyhime19 said:
MikazukiRanbu said:

The creators of Katsugeki and the people working on the game ( Nitro+ ) care about the overseas fans and their opinions on the show just as they cared about their opinions on Hanamaru. Ufotable has shown great interest in their overseas fanbase for months now on their twitter. So our opinions matter to them. And besides as long as people watch the episodes on legal streaming websites, they get paid and I can guess they don't care where it comes from as long as they get their money. So yeah. It doesn't matter where the opinions are coming from tbh

The game is not even available for foreign players.

Nitro+ has a plan to localize it for the western fanbase and they've said it more than once. The most recent time they said they're working on localizing it was at the Katsugeki panel at one of the most recent cons before the anime even started airing for the public. Even if they weren't going to localize it, they acknowledge that they have a western fanbase hence why for the past 2 cons, they've sent people who work on the games to be interviewed and interact with their overseas fans, including the CEO of Nitro+ so I don't see what point you were trying to make.
MikazukiRanbuJul 30, 2017 8:58 AM
Jul 30, 2017 9:38 AM

Jun 2017
This was the best episode yet.

The action was awesome. The plot was actually very cool and suspenseful.

I'm glad that we're getting into some deeper motives for the Retrograde Army... at least it appears that way.

I really hope Tonbokiri doesn't die!
Jul 30, 2017 9:50 AM

Jun 2017
AhmedHadi said:
I read some people hating on this anime and calling it "sausage fest" just because there aren't any female characters, lol.

That score is not fair at all, (it might deter some people from giving it a shot) though watching based on ratings is dumb imo because I've enjoyed some low scored anime a lot more than some of the high rated ones on here.

If someone bases the merit of a show on the amount of animated breasts it contains, their opinion really doesn't matter.
Jul 30, 2017 9:53 AM
Dec 2016
MikazukiRanbu said:
emilyhime19 said:

The game is not even available for foreign players.

Nitro+ has a plan to localize it for the western fanbase and they've said it more than once. The most recent time they said they're working on localizing it was at the Katsugeki panel at one of the most recent cons before the anime even started airing for the public. Even if they weren't going to localize it, they acknowledge that they have a western fanbase hence why for the past 2 cons, they've sent people who work on the games to be interviewed and interact with their overseas fans, including the CEO of Nitro+ so I don't see what point you were trying to make.

It hasn't happened yet. The reality that is actually happening is the game cannot be access without a VPN now.
Jul 30, 2017 11:15 AM

Oct 2016
emilyhime19 said:
MikazukiRanbu said:

It hasn't happened yet. The reality that is actually happening is the game cannot be access without a VPN now.

Doesn't mean it won't happen. We don't know why they changed iis so it can only be accessed with VPN. Touken Ranbu has a lot of server issues that they're constantly fixing with every maintenance so maybe the latest maintenance messed with the server. Anyway there's still a localization in the works that you clearly didn't know about until I brought it up to you. I'm not trying to argue with you. I've made my point and you've made yours. Let's move along.
MikazukiRanbuJul 30, 2017 11:19 AM
Jul 30, 2017 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
Lancer ga shinda!
Jul 30, 2017 11:08 PM
Dec 2016
MikazukiRanbu said:
emilyhime19 said:

Doesn't mean it won't happen. We don't know why they changed iis so it can only be accessed with VPN. Touken Ranbu has a lot of server issues that they're constantly fixing with every maintenance so maybe the latest maintenance messed with the server. Anyway there's still a localization in the works that you clearly didn't know about until I brought it up to you. I'm not trying to argue with you. I've made my point and you've made yours. Let's move along.

If there is localization, KanColle should have one before TouRan. I don't care about that anyway. There is no way I am gonna abandon my progress on DMM where I am only missing 2 swords. Good day and good bye to you .
Jul 30, 2017 11:13 PM

Nov 2014
i really love the shots in this episode...especially tsurumaru's fight scenes. i'm a very busy law student but i save time to watch katsugeki lol

im so excited for next week. i wonder who will be in the first unit with jiji...

edit: just reading the comments above....ya'll talk like localization is easy to do omfg lol
elean0rJul 30, 2017 11:18 PM
Jul 30, 2017 11:34 PM

Jun 2008
AntonKutovoi said:
Lancer ga shinda!

Too soon dude...too soon.. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 31, 2017 12:45 AM

Dec 2015
Once again they failed to do their jobs, and this time it's not small.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 31, 2017 3:26 AM
Sep 2016
That was just so intense and shocking.

Tonbokiri ;-;
Jul 31, 2017 5:41 AM

Nov 2016
Not bad at all, got a bit goosbumps while watching this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 31, 2017 10:20 AM

Jul 2015
The anime improved a lot in all aspects. The battles nicely executed as expected of Ufotable, and the drama of these last two episodes, well done. I was thinking about dropping the show, but now i changed my mind.
Jul 31, 2017 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
I don't really know what to think about this episode... its was a bit confuse... there is something missing here.
Jul 31, 2017 3:59 PM

Jul 2016
Man, this anime is so good...I think it even reaches Kakegurui in terms of best anime of Summer 2017.

Are we seeing the Citadel at the next episode? That would be awesome, getting a darker version of it after the Hanamaru one.
Jul 31, 2017 5:15 PM

Jun 2016
Such a good episode, though I find it repetitive now. I want something new. All they do these past episodes were fighting those monsters brought by Time Renegade blah blah. But I still like this anime. I really love the action sequence, and the quality of its animation.

Besides those HOLY CRAP MY BABY IZUMINOKAMI WAS HURT! AND PLEASE BE OKAY, TONBOKIRI! HOPE THE TEAM 2 ARE GONNA BE OKAY. I WANT THEM ALL TO BE SAFE. GAAAAH!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 31, 2017 6:00 PM
Jan 2016
emilyhime19 said:
MikazukiRanbu said:

If there is localization, KanColle should have one before TouRan. I don't care about that anyway. There is no way I am gonna abandon my progress on DMM where I am only missing 2 swords. Good day and good bye to you .

one last thing- as the other person said, localizations aren't easy to make. And from what I noticed, kancolle staff has shown no interest in Localizing that game. But nitro+ has for Touken Ranbu even saying that the localization will likely be on Nutaku. Just because they were made by the same website doesn't mean they have plans for the same thing. Nitro+ works on Touken Ranbu too and they're way more welcoming toward overseas fans than most Japanese companies are. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean the sentiment isn't valid. Have a nice day.
Jul 31, 2017 9:45 PM

Oct 2008
Tonbokiri, you did well in defeating Ootachi but it comes with a great price.
Retrogade Army really did a lot of changes there and was a bit successful in changing the history.
The oldest Mikazuki Munechika will roll out! also known as the First Unit!
5/5.

Jul 31, 2017 10:02 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was notably better than the previous four. I think the studio played to it's strengths with the way how good everything looked. As for the episode itself, it was the first time I felt like anything interesting was happening. Hopefully the future episodes are somewhere near the level of this one.
Aug 1, 2017 5:37 AM
Dec 2016
Cardamon_Pastel said:
emilyhime19 said:

one last thing- as the other person said, localizations aren't easy to make. And from what I noticed, kancolle staff has shown no interest in Localizing that game. But nitro+ has for Touken Ranbu even saying that the localization will likely be on Nutaku. Just because they were made by the same website doesn't mean they have plans for the same thing. Nitro+ works on Touken Ranbu too and they're way more welcoming toward overseas fans than most Japanese companies are. Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean the sentiment isn't valid. Have a nice day.

Let's see when it happen then. I didn't even talking to you. Are you creating an account just to tell me this? You have too much free time on your hand. The one talked about localizing is not even Nitro+. It took them a long them to localizing in Chinese so you can wait 2 more years. And how many games are in Nutaku? Only a handful. Localizing is not depend only on the company creating the game but also the company publishing the game oversea if there is no one, no localization. I am wasting time again while I should use that time looking for Mouri.
Aug 1, 2017 10:13 AM
Jul 2017
that was a fantastic episode , who else remembered re:zero episode 15 .. sleep along with my daughter ? those credits with this amazing soundtrack ? anyone ?
Aug 1, 2017 10:31 AM

Dec 2016
This ark was fantastic! Hang in there guys, just get yourselves full recovered first when you arrive at the citadel :)

Hey, it's jiji #2 :D I wonder why Mikazuki have a sexy voice X3 Can't wait for the next episode ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 1, 2017 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa there! I havent seen such a speedy battle for long time! Credit goes to Ufotable!

EP4 Plus this episode has been pretty dramatic episode! I hope the story continues to be dramatic flow and I think dark tone perfectly fits fine than light tone for this anime (I didn't like any comedic parts of this show so far).

Yeah, Mal score for this anime is pretty confusing. Should been at least between 7.3-7.50. I guess due to lack of charming female characters? well FC could been distracting for this anime as it could turn romance stuff. We watch ufotable for ulimited top-tier fights! and not for females characters!
removed-userAug 1, 2017 3:54 PM
Aug 2, 2017 3:11 PM

Aug 2011
Am i the the only one getting kinda turn off by the realistic looking fire? like the animation quality is top notch but when you look at the characters standing next to the fire it looks really weird. some aspects of ufotable's animation like fire, smoke, and explosion just look too realistic for anime i think
Aug 2, 2017 8:34 PM
Aug 2017
Exia-118 said:
Am i the the only one getting kinda turn off by the realistic looking fire? like the animation quality is top notch but when you look at the characters standing next to the fire it looks really weird. some aspects of ufotable's animation like fire, smoke, and explosion just look too realistic for anime i think
I kind of agree with you... Mixing 3D and 2D elements sometimes don't match
Aug 3, 2017 5:01 AM

Dec 2013
The Fire looked out of place but overall definitely the best episode so far. I hope spear dude isn't actually dead
Aug 3, 2017 7:09 AM

Oct 2016
emilyhime19 said:
Cardamon_Pastel said:

Let's see when it happen then. I didn't even talking to you. Are you creating an account just to tell me this? You have too much free time on your hand. The one talked about localizing is not even Nitro+. It took them a long them to localizing in Chinese so you can wait 2 more years. And how many games are in Nutaku? Only a handful. Localizing is not depend only on the company creating the game but also the company publishing the game oversea if there is no one, no localization. I am wasting time again while I should use that time looking for Mouri.

What are you even talking about ? you quoted me in the first place so you were in fact talking to me. Secondly, I don't even remember quoting you on my second account or even entering this forum on this other account. As far as I know I could have been signed into that account, forgetting to sign out of that one just to respond ( Its not like Id check which account I'm on anyway ). Why would I create a second account just explain something to you? You seem to have a pretty big ego. My time doesn't revolve around you. I check the forums to see other peoples opinions on the Katsugeki episodes, my main reason for even using this website lately and the only reason this debate started is because you're confrontational for no reason. You didn't have to quote me on anything- you started the argument and you can easily end it by not responding. Also, the western touken ranbu fanbase is pretty sizable. So there are plenty of people who could play. Given, I don't think its a good idea that Touken Ranbu be localized for the reason that the Touken Ranbu fanbase isn't as big as it used to be. But if DMM wants to localize it, they very well can and it'll take time. And that's the end of that. I've said all I wanted to say on this.
MikazukiRanbuAug 3, 2017 7:14 AM
Aug 3, 2017 7:37 PM

Nov 2014
I will drop this anime on episode 5 if boring like Zestiria. But when I watch it, this episode is amazing. I think they will win, when Tsurumaru comes 😆
Aug 4, 2017 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
I never really like Izuminokami much while playing the game but his screentime in the anime surely changed my mind. I hope Tonbokiri is fine but guessing from the "sacrifice" he isn't :(
I hope we actually get to find out before the next arc begins.
allo
Aug 4, 2017 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
Kane-san is my fav character...i hope he is ok.....And like many of you here I am wondering about MAL score for this anime...!!!
Aug 6, 2017 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
Okay just WTF?! Too much standing around while others fought.

There were 3 others on the ship at the end but only the captain was fighting. Tonbon and the other were just standing there while the big ogre singled the ship to fire....just jump up and stab him in the back!!!

So much stupidity in this fight may have led to 2 of their deaths.
Aug 23, 2017 1:30 AM
Mar 2012
Epic fights, nice camera work & shipwrecking.
But this team 2 has such poor cooperation. Ignoring the white showoff who spent most his time dodging & hiding on a pillar while injured Yagen fights, then purposefully takes Yagen's target (should punch that killsteal bastard). The others just let Izumi fight lol.
Yay dying swords. But kinda like Tonbokiri he's epic.

Aug 23, 2017 3:19 AM
Aug 2017
emilyhime19 said:
-Mahesvara said:
It doesn't matter, because opinions in the the west don't matter in the large scheme of things. All that matters are the opinions of the Japanese fans, who are the much larger part of the viewership.

I agree with this. And I never check MAL score while before watching a show anyway. There are proofs that Japanese and the west's taste in anime are different .

The japanese people don't like the Isekai Smartphone anime thingy whereas the west are otherwise.
Jul 12, 2022 11:44 AM

Apr 2018
What a great episode, that overwhelmed by despair, and headed for the speed to double the feeling of the Hard and Painful Events
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

51 by WienGirl »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

108 by L01MK »»
Mar 22, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

45 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 10, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

246 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 20, 2022 2:24 PM

» Can I watch this without watching Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru first?

Kirukato05 - Sep 9, 2021

2 by Kirukato05 »»
Sep 10, 2021 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.