Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2017 5:13 PM
Dec 2011
when Nisaka said the normal is for girls to be virgins it seemed like he was hinting on something. Maybe about Takasaki?
Jul 17, 2017 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
I am absolutely thrilled that more anime outside of shounen ai are tackling same sex relationships, especially with men. If my obvious guess at why Misaki and Nisaka keep looking at each other like that is correct I am really anticipating more of their interactions. This series had a very shaky first episode, but it is doing a decent job of pulling itself back together.
Jul 17, 2017 5:48 PM
Jun 2016
Can this anime get any better? Whenever I think they'll pull it out the cliches of the school romance anime, they do the opposite... if they don't fuck up, that's gonna be the best anime of the season imo
Jul 17, 2017 5:50 PM
Jun 2016
I feel like takasaki is onodera, I hated onodera and rooted for the blonde girl... but now I'm rooting for takasaki lol this anime is the Nisekoi done right
Jul 17, 2017 5:50 PM
Aug 2016
Kimochi warui desu, that gay s*** is DISCUSTING, i do not approve
Jul 17, 2017 5:56 PM
Jun 2016
Also, the big eyes really grew on me, I'm loving the artstyle now...

Just one question, i've seen some people saying that the gay kiss was a fan service at a extra chapter in the manga, let's assume they never drawed that scene, was still implied in the series that his friend liked him or not at all?
Jul 17, 2017 5:57 PM
Jun 2016
MaliPiksi said:
Elaborate yourself, why do you think so?
Jul 17, 2017 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
"Don't take the train.You can walk."
LOL
Jul 17, 2017 6:09 PM

Nov 2014
Whaaaaaaa?? I had a feeling Nejima Yuusuke may have liked Yukari, but I wasn't expecting him to kiss him.

All around great episode.

5/5
aikaflipJul 17, 2017 10:40 PM
Jul 17, 2017 6:14 PM
Aug 2016
Kokorowagurasu said:
MaliPiksi said:

Come on man, in an anime that started with such a pure love between two young straight people, adding a new girl to the romance plot was pretty good, i like how characters develop, thats why i watch the anime, but i mean, did we really need a gay best friend, it kinda makes everything awkward, its even more awkward how he just kissed him while he was asleep, idk kinda shocked me, i expected that Nisaki will get assigned to Takasaki, i guess it makes the plot twist ''good'' since i didnt predict it, we will see how it goes i guess.
Jul 17, 2017 6:14 PM
Dec 2016
Nailed it from the last preview that the classroom scene in that chapter'll be coming xD

Add Nisaka into the love quadrangle..but the main shipping's like merchandise war.

..We've got a piece of eraser vs a kofu phone strap!

The cat girl's in the next episode? Seem like they're starting to speed up this!
Jul 17, 2017 6:17 PM
Mar 2017
I love how they didnt just throw the twist of Nisaka being gay in for the hell of it but gave some clues like the glance he gave Takasaki and so on. Honestly a really unexpected twist and its kind of a brilliant way to convolute the plot more. That kiss scene tho
Jul 17, 2017 6:24 PM

May 2010
First Hitorijime, now KtU. If next Cabba X Vegeta, I'm done with salty guy :O
Jul 17, 2017 6:33 PM
Jun 2016
MaliPiksi said:
Kokorowagurasu said:

Come on man, in an anime that started with such a pure love between two young straight people, adding a new girl to the romance plot was pretty good, i like how characters develop, thats why i watch the anime, but i mean, did we really need a gay best friend, it kinda makes everything awkward, its even more awkward how he just kissed him while he was asleep, idk kinda shocked me, i expected that Nisaki will get assigned to Takasaki, i guess it makes the plot twist ''good'' since i didnt predict it, we will see how it goes i guess.
Yeah it's not what you find in common school romance anime, and THAT'S WHY it's good, I don't wanna accuse of anything but you're sounding a bit homofobic for me. It sounds like you wouldn't mind if a third girl come up and kissed him out of the sudden, but a guy doing that is "Disgusting" as you said. Gay people are just like us straight, they fall in love when they're in the school too, of course not all of them come out in the school period but still...I am not gay, and really enjoyed that they added that to the anime
Jul 17, 2017 6:39 PM
Jul 2016
Kokorowagurasu said:
Also, the big eyes really grew on me, I'm loving the artstyle now...

Just one question, i've seen some people saying that the gay kiss was a fan service at a extra chapter in the manga, let's assume they never drawed that scene, was still implied in the series that his friend liked him or not at all?

It wasn't fan service but A spoiler ahead, It was pretty obvious in the manga and That scene was supposed to happen sometime later in the timeline..But I guess anime is adapting it slight differently so its ok and yeah its cannon to the story.
RagisNexJul 17, 2017 6:43 PM
Jul 17, 2017 6:44 PM
Jul 2017
Yo, I didn't see any of this coming. What the shit, nice twist.
Jul 17, 2017 6:52 PM

Dec 2015
This show was bordering on average before, but now...ugh. 0/10. Of-fucking-COURSE he's gay. For fuck's sake. Fuck this anime. I'm dropping it if he doesn't die in the next episode.
Jul 17, 2017 6:54 PM

Dec 2015
aikaflip said:
Whaaaaaaa?? I had a feeling Nejima may have liked Yukari, but I wasn't expecting him to kiss him.

5/5

Basically sexual assault too. 0/5.
Jul 17, 2017 6:57 PM

Jan 2011
OH shit was like that'd be pretty great twist if he was gay then right after it happened lol! ,this show feels like it's just gonna continue to be a rollercoaster of twists.

nice that there wasn't anything tactless about the turn of events none of that baiting BS
Jul 17, 2017 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
NisakixYukari that was a surprise for me <3
Jul 17, 2017 7:05 PM

Aug 2016
Interesting Episode. I'm starting to think Takasaki and Nisaka we're assigned partners. But I still can't find a ship :( I hope Nisaka gets more development as the show goes on.
Jul 17, 2017 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
Hylianticipated said:
This show was bordering on average before, but now...ugh. 0/10. Of-fucking-COURSE he's gay. For fuck's sake. Fuck this anime. I'm dropping it if he doesn't die in the next episode.

Unfortunately he doesn't get killed.

And I haven't seen the episode yet but I expected them to adapt the non-canon chapter because that stuff isn't canon in the main story, its just a side thing imo.
Jul 17, 2017 7:12 PM

Mar 2016
I don't know why I watch drama shows, I never end up liking any of them. Should have known from reading the retarded premise alone, but I try not to judge a book by its cover.

But damn nigga is the writing is cringy as fuck, or what? I guess I'll just have to smoke a blunt before I watch this shit now, and laugh at all the psuedo-intellectuals overanalyzing this shit for "Muh DEEP SYMBOLISM" on reddit.
Jul 17, 2017 7:23 PM

Dec 2012
That was really shocking! Not only is Nisaka gay, but he violated Neji with that kiss!
Jul 17, 2017 7:30 PM

Dec 2016
taynis said:
I KNEW IT!
I KNEW HE LIKED YUKARI!
Now this is interesting...since for a homossexual this system is even more complicated. And I'm actually feeling really really sorry for him. Because in a "normal" setting, if the boy he likes doesn't like him back, oh well, he could find another one. But, in this setting he is not allowed to do so, he HAS to marry a girl.
I'm probably going to pick the manga now that I'm interested in how the society works with this kind of system...Probably there is lots and lots of cheating.

Yukari having it good, two waifus and one husbando.
And I guess Nisaka (?) is going to be paired with Misaki. Oh boi.

This thought actually crossed my mind when I watched the first episode, and now that it's actually happening I'm so happy because it doesn't just write it off and ignore it like typical romance anime works, and it addresses how the topic would work in the society, which is just ingenious in my opinion. I also feel really bad, I doubt he will end up with Neji in the end... ;-;
Jul 17, 2017 7:39 PM
Aug 2016
Aversa said:
Since the start of this anime there seem to be hints suggesting that Nisaka and Misaki are marriage partners, wether it's true or not will be interesting to see tho.
It's clear they don't like each other tho they seems somewhat hostile towards each other.
Nisaka liking Yukari also seems like an interesting development which makes me wonder how this anime will turn out when it ends.
Aversa said:
Since the start of this anime there seem to be hints suggesting that Nisaka and Misaki are marriage partners, wether it's true or not will be interesting to see tho.
It's clear they don't like each other tho they seems somewhat hostile towards each other.
Nisaka liking Yukari also seems like an interesting development which makes me wonder how this anime will turn out when it ends.

he hasn't gotten his notice yet. his 16th birthday is on december. I'm pretty sure they stated that in the earlier episodes. (manga knowledge)
Jul 17, 2017 7:43 PM
Aug 2016
I still pissed the subs still call best girl "Ririna".
Best girl is named Lilina god damn it that's just how they pronounce it because they're Japanese
Jul 17, 2017 7:56 PM

Apr 2011
So what happens if you're gay in this anime's universe ? LOL must suck hard
Jul 17, 2017 8:04 PM
Jul 2016
Symphyon said:
Hylianticipated said:

And I haven't seen the episode yet but I expected them to adapt the non-canon chapter because that stuff isn't canon in the main story, its just a side thing imo.

Sorry but Avid manga fan here, its canon to the main story...It was stated in that chapter that it is supposed happen somerime later in the timeline, so it is still canon. And lol If you read the manga its kinda obvious that he likes Yukari
Jul 17, 2017 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
RagisNex said:
Symphyon said:

Sorry but Avid manga fan here, its canon to the main story...It was stated in that chapter that it is supposed happen somerime later in the timeline, so it is still canon. And lol If you read the manga its kinda obvious that he likes Yukari

Probably it would be because I haven't read further from what I've read Lol but usually I think 4.5 doesn't mean much. :S
Jul 17, 2017 8:12 PM

Feb 2009
I LOVE THIS SHOW !!

Jul 17, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 2016
Symphyon said:
RagisNex said:

Probably it would be because I haven't read further from what I've read Lol but usually I think 4.5 doesn't mean much. :S

Yeah but this was a spoiler chapter, It was warned to read ahead then come back to this chapter, But obviously people would read it and that's probably what mangaka wanted lol
Jul 17, 2017 8:13 PM

Jul 2015
God dang she pushing the ship between HER OWN HUSBAND AND HIS CRUSH REAlly dang hard. And its working. Its working surprisingly well. And even better, we got Nisaka supplying the GAY this anime OBVIOUSLY needed. BRING ON THE DRAMA.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 17, 2017 8:34 PM

Apr 2017
BEST GRIL BEST GRIL...

Talk about Chapter 4.5 gets adapted in this episode hahaha Quite Sarcasm

Undeniably CANON... It's totally CANON

#TeamNisaka..

It's Not Bromance Unless it's Nisaka

Nisaka/5
-HippySnob-Jul 17, 2017 8:46 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 17, 2017 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
what a twist...knew where it was going when he walked in while mc was sleeping. this gonna be real fun.
Jul 17, 2017 8:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I FUCKING LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That kiss was perfect and I want these two to get together but FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK RIRINA IS SO CUTE TOO

Happy to see that they animated 4.5....It's much better to do it this way since they built up to it unlike in the manga where it was just a random reveal

Mich666 said:
Theorder14 said:
The kiss between the guys also happened in the manga lol

Nope, it was added as fanservice much later, and it wasn't meant to be shown now, in the beginning.
That's why it was labeled as bonus chapter, not regular one. It shouldn't be in the anime at all. Not to mention it really didn't fit in time-wise as it happened at different time.
It's listed as being chapter 4.5 so I disagree with you in regards to your whole timeline thing

TokoyaJul 17, 2017 8:50 PM
Jul 17, 2017 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. I thought for sure that Misaki was Yuusuke's assigned wife. That would have made sense. Did see that coming though.
Jul 17, 2017 9:04 PM
Jul 2016
aikaflip said:
Whaaaaaaa?? I had a feeling Nejima may have liked Yukari, but I wasn't expecting him to kiss him.

5/5

Yukari and nejima same person :/
Jul 17, 2017 9:13 PM

Dec 2016
RagisNex said:
aikaflip said:

5/5

Selfcest is the true wincest :/

Ah man, I really hope this development with Nisaka wasn't just a one off thing that's not going to be addressed again or clarified. Given the context of their world, having the point of view of a (seemingly) gay or bi character could really add depth to the narrative.

Misaki seems to be a lot more than meets the eye. But no matter how much they try to force their "romance" down my throat i'm still not really feeling it lol

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Jul 17, 2017 9:18 PM

Jan 2014
I didn't like the "gay twist" just because I think it was executed lazily.

But, why are people calling it "disgusting"? lmao, you guys are asses. If it was yuri, no one would give two fucks because "LESBIANZ R HAWT xdddd"

Anyways, this was an okay episode I guess. Just wish we were given clues for this twist, because it seems out of left field and random at this point in the narrative.
Jul 17, 2017 9:23 PM
Mar 2015
Since episode 2 i had a feeling that Nisaka and Misaki are partners.
Jul 17, 2017 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
Guys I'm pretty sure Nisaka was just kissing Nejima for fun. Or Nisaka was practicing, duh.
Jul 17, 2017 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
"And lies."

*focuses on Misaki*

Ohhhhh fuck a duck.
Jul 17, 2017 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
Holy fuck loving the yaoi!! haahahaha
Jul 17, 2017 10:40 PM

Jun 2016
I'm afraid that the gay ship will ruin the anime.
Jul 17, 2017 10:40 PM

Nov 2014
RagisNex said:
aikaflip said:

5/5

Fixed. >_< Their names are too similar.
Jul 17, 2017 10:43 PM

Apr 2016
Whew! This episode caught me by surprise.
Though I enjoyed the first 2 episodes A LOT, this 3rd episode is much more enjoyable.
Sanada is so cute! I wonder what she felt when Neji and Misaki almost kissed.
Lots of kisses this time but from two different persons and two different ways. LOL!
The deep though. Tongue action FTW! Misaki was the initiator. Neji needs some balls. In this episode, Misaki was always the one who initiates the 2 kisses.
Totally unexpected the gay vibes in this anime. Never have I thought that Nisaka has the hots for Neji. LOL! I already expect a love-triangle (or a possible love square) between Neji, Nisaka, and Misaki but not Neji x Nisaka. Bravo! I love this anime already. XD
Not a fan of gayness but for this anime, I will let it slide. I'm interested to see how this kind of complication will turn out. :)
Looking forward to next week's episode.
Jul 17, 2017 10:47 PM
Mar 2017
I did not see that coming ! I mean . . . Wtf man . . .
Now that I think of it perhaps the reason why Nisaka doesn't like Takasaki is because Neji likes her. . . I don't know.
Man this feels like watching NTR
Jul 17, 2017 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
oh damn that dude is gay
Jul 17, 2017 11:24 PM

Jul 2017
Still on #TeamLilina but man Takasaki with the deep kiss, but I'm feeling a lot of Kuzu no Honkai vibes from this episode, probably to do with how the main characters kinda look like each other and the "cheating"even if it's not really cheating.
nico nico knee me in the ass
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2017

306 by Ak2005 »»
Dec 9, 2023 1:35 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

171 by 1_Mikay_1 »»
Jun 26, 2023 5:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.