Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 16, 2020 5:53 PM
Jan 2017
They so much wrong with this plot. So much time waisted on a boring romance whilst they had some many other plot elements introduced late into the series with everyone stabbing each other in the back for under develop reasons and they screw it by dicking around with a love story no one cared about. Then the cherry on top of that they turn it into a love tringle in the eleven hour with the main antagonist Gato that adds nothing.

It not just the love tory, then in the middle of the series they introduced a random Zeon character who lost him arm in the war who randomly helps our main character who is a feddy solider he finds beating in the gutter. Decides to bring him to his place where he has Zeon weapon he working on, that Uraki finds! and let him help with his mobile armor. THEN URAKI IS SUPPRISED HE USE'S IT TO FIGHT THE FEDURATION! WHAT A FUCKING IDOIT!

The event that started the story is the theft of a great big illegal nuclear bomb the federation made a mobile suit for, that they brought up about how the feds broken the treaty by doing this. but the writer doesn't seem to care about exploring that instead it ditches it for another colony dropping plot.

The Zeon remnants fleet grand plan is utterly stupid with how its completely undermines any justification they had. Its one thing to drop a colony on the Federation South American base that's there main headquarters who green light the production of the Nuke but instead they send it to North America's granary, destroying food production for the earth! How many people have they sentenced to starved to death. The hole reason as far as I am aware people where forced into space long ago was because lack of resources for everyone.

This OVA series started for good with so much going for it and shits the bed big time.
Dec 17, 2020 1:33 PM

Dec 2015
FT_anime_fan said:

It's not just the love tory: in the middle of the series they introduced a random Zeon character who lost him arm in the war who randomly helps our main character who is a feddy solider he finds beating in the gutter. .

How do you dare criticizing this part? It gave us the best scene of the whole series past ep1: the one night stand song in the background of two men bonding over mechanics. What a romantic scene.

About the series, wasn't there a problem with the writing post that explains the whole change in direction ? Something like a replacement or death? (maybe I'm confusing with 8th MS Team).

Dec 19, 2020 4:31 PM
Jan 2017
FT_anime_fan said:
They so much wrong with this plot. So much time waisted on a boring romance whilst they had some many other plot elements introduced late into the series with everyone stabbing each other in the back for under develop reasons and they screw it by dicking around with a love story no one cared about. Then the cherry on top of that they turn it into a love tringle in the eleven hour with the main antagonist Gato that adds nothing.

It not just the love tory, then in the middle of the series they introduced a random Zeon character who lost him arm in the war who randomly helps our main character who is a feddy solider he finds beating in the gutter. Decides to bring him to his place where he has Zeon weapon he working on, that Uraki finds! and let him help with his mobile armor. THEN URAKI IS SUPPRISED HE USE'S IT TO FIGHT THE FEDURATION! WHAT A FUCKING IDOIT!

The event that started the story is the theft of a great big illegal nuclear bomb the federation made a mobile suit for, that they brought up about how the feds broken the treaty by doing this. but the writer doesn't seem to care about exploring that instead it ditches it for another colony dropping plot.

The Zeon remnants fleet grand plan is utterly stupid with how its completely undermines any justification they had. Its one thing to drop a colony on the Federation South American base that's there main headquarters who green light the production of the Nuke but instead they send it to North America's granary, destroying food production for the earth! How many people have they sentenced to starved to death. The hole reason as far as I am aware people where forced into space long ago was because lack of resources for everyone.

This OVA series started for good with so much going for it and shits the bed big time.

The whole plot obviously went over your head. Operation Stardust carried by Zeon remnants known as Delaz fleet had two objectives in mind first being inspiring the next generation of Zeon defiance against EF and continue to resist them. Delaz Fleet knew they wouldn't survive regardless if their mission was successful or not as they knew they couldn't beat EF alone, Axis was secretly still preparing it strength and wasn't ready yet so couldn't provide support.

Their second objective was starving out the Earth which was done by dropping the colony on North Amercian Granary soil which was EF main food supply. Their was hope was to return some form of economical power back into the colonies hands as well as tip the scale of power in their favor, EF would eventually have to rely on them for food and resources. Colonies are known to produces massive amount of food and resources. Everything I mentioned this paragraph actually plays an important plot point in Unicorn.

Unfortunately this event gave the justification for high ranked EF members to create the Titans and exist while trying to expand their influence under the facade of hunting Zeon remnants and loyalists (it was always their end goal to create a special police/military force). With the help of Cima who was working as informant for the EF revealing the entirety of the Operation Stardust plan, they used the opportunity to fast track their plans. After the event all records regarding GP series and the events were deleted to cover their tracks which was why Kou was released as their was no evidence of his crime to punish him.

Don't get me wrong the show has flaws but to say Delaz Fleet plan doesn't make sense is just completely wrong. Stardust Memory for all its flaws is enjoyable, compelling and scarily prophetic as with seen Governments use tragic events to push and fuel their own ulterior motives notably US government invading Iraq and staring another war after September 11 attacks under the impression there were WMD's.
Temujin26SDec 19, 2020 4:42 PM
Feb 28, 2021 11:46 AM

Aug 2017
0083, like the other OVAs, stays away from the idea of Newtypes and the idea of having a more human and brutal depiction of war was pretty good. The animation is excelent and I love both openings. Sadly, the show is not...good in general. Things begin to fall apart after the second episode until the anime starts to focus on Gato in the second half. The anime has poor characterization, rushed pacing and plot holes -for example, Nina had a clear line of sight and didn’t recognize Gato in the first episode-. Looks like the plot was written while the OVAs were being produced. The main reason to watch this show are for the action scenes.

This is the fifth Gundam I've started watching and my fourth completed Gundam. 4/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMar 5, 2021 7:26 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 29, 2021 12:13 PM

Apr 2016
Kou is perhaps the pansiest anime protagonist I've ever seen. The show would've been more enjoyable if Monsha had been the protagonist.

Pretty sad for Kou to take Aina back when she chose Gato. She only came back because Kou was her second place pick.

Best characters were Burning, Kelly, and Gato.
Nov 17, 2021 11:09 AM
Apr 2012
Can't believe Kou survived. I was kind of hoping he and Gato would get fried by the that sun beam from the mirrors.

The best part of the episode was the explanation of how the Titans were formed. And the mirrors.

The series as a whole had little things I enjoyed. I really liked audiovisual side of it, especially first OP and ED, however in the last few episodes the characters were drawn differently and seeing Kou's constantly constipated face wasn't pleasant.

The first 4 episodes were the most interesting to me and had the best fight sequence in ep 4, after that it became a chore to watch. I persevered only because of my completionist tendencies.

I don't know if the fights in space are just less engaging to me, but I think I couldn't get invested in them because of the characters. The love drama was the worst, but the actual plot wasn't particularly exciting.

3/10 from me.
Aug 29, 2022 3:43 AM

Apr 2016
In every 10 times they try to redo the same beats from the first gundam, in like 5 times it gets stupid.

The love triangle gets really weird without the newtype thing and everything surrounds it have nothing to do with it other than a "no war please" message from Nina's perspective. In Zeta, at least there's an recurring theme about ppl looking for a way out in (toxic) relationahips and that it's not about right or wrong when push comes to shove

Now I don't know how did Titans cover up the event while laying the blame on spacenoids. Was the goggles guy speech not public?
lunarxlunarAug 29, 2022 3:48 AM
Oct 4, 2022 6:16 PM

Jun 2013
I can definitely understand the hate for Nina after this episode.
An okay ending to the series.
Solid but unspectacular gundam 7/10
Apr 5, 2023 3:41 PM
Dec 2015
So far I have seen, along with this, 0079, Z, ZZ, unicorn, 0080 and 8th ms team and i think 0083 is the worst protagonist of them all

Also Monsha was VERY annoying, and I guess Nina could rival Reccoa
May 6, 2023 2:31 AM

Oct 2018
Uraki probably regretted killing Cima in hindsight. Her backup could've given him an edge when cornering Gato & you-know-who.
~Spiritual Healing~

Jun 17, 2023 6:53 PM
Jan 2016
Just wrapped up a rewatch of the show, following along as the Mobile Suit Breakdown podcast covers it. It's funny, going in, my recollection was Nina was one of, if not the worst female character in Gundam, and for the vast majority of this rewatch that didn't really seem to be the case? There was one episode where she was a big jerk all of a sudden (episode 5 I believe it was?) but most of the time she wasn't that bad. Any weaknesses with her romance with Kou were usually driven on the Kou side of things. Although suddenly deciding most of the way through the series that she had a past relationship with Gato and shoehorning that in did mess things up by the end and by far that is most apparent with this final episode. This final episode makes things quite clear in terms of Nina's actual desires. She chose Gato over Kou. At the colony she left with Gato, not with Kou. Once she was brought on board the Axis ship all her worries were about if they were going to rescue Gato in time and presumably she'd have gone off with him. But the Axis forces don't wait for him and Gato goes on a rampage and dies.

...then the final scene happens, and Kou and Nina are reunited and all happy. It's as if all that stuff with Gato never happened.

WTF?

Now I remember why the Nina stuff in this is so, so bad...
Aug 18, 2023 7:11 AM

Jul 2017
the only wonderful thing about this anime were the animations, truly beautiful. i didn't like the story or the characters, everything seemed so forced and badly written. 6/10

''Touch the darkness inside me''
Sep 29, 2023 10:18 PM
Sep 2013
I was fine with Nina until this last episode, but man was that frustrating.
Oct 24, 2023 10:05 AM
Oct 2023
Why do people still sympathize with Gato? He was manipulated, sure, but have you forgotten that he was a Ghiren supporter? "Earthnoids are the lesser race" Ghiren? Those are the ideals he fighfs for. Also, he dropped a colony, an action that kills millions of innocents at best and billions at worst. Am i crazy? Am i the only one wno takes colony-drops seriously? Can any honest-to-goodness Zeon supporter explain to me how anyone can justify a single colony-drop, let alone multiple?

The romace, as is custom for Gundam, was awful. Still a better love story than Sleggar and Mirai.

Anyway, Great start, got worse and worse, ended bad. 4/10

Mora was the best thing about this series.

Onwards to Zeta.
HadToDoItOct 24, 2023 10:23 AM
Feb 21, 10:45 PM

Jan 2021
Nina sucks. So many times throughout this I was wishing she would get blown apart, suffocate out alone in space, crushed by a falling mech, whatever it takes to get her out of the picture. She must be bipolar or something because her emotions pivot with a change of the wind. The whole "let me return to and save the guy who abandoned me three years ago and just nuked thousands and is trying to kill thousands more" just wtf is her problem? Kou should've shot her on the colony and told Gato he now understands why he turned evil, after dealing with that BS for years on end, and then they go get a beer together.

I didn't understand much of the plot or like any of the characters (except Keith, he should've been the MC), but this was some damn fine animation so credit where credit is due, it's beautiful to look at (when Nina is not polluting the screen).
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 5 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 29, 2009

33 by Yes_that »»
Apr 4, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 29, 2009

38 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 21, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 6 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 24, 2008

42 by currycurry1999 »»
Jan 25, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 9 Discussion

Veethorn - Jan 3, 2010

27 by HadToDoIt »»
Oct 24, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Episode 2 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 24, 2009

23 by HadToDoIt »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.