Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari' Main Staff Members Announced

New
Jul 1, 2017 2:34 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kadokawa unveiled at its Anime Expo booth on Saturday the first promotional video for the previously announced anime adaptation of Yusagi Aneko and Seira Minami's Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (The Rising of the Shield Hero) light novel. The promotional video revealed the main staff members.

Staff
Director: Takao Abo (Norn9: Norn+Nonet)
Series Composition: Keigo Koyanagi (Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars)
Character Design: Suwa Masahiro (Hitsugi no Chaika Chief Animation Director)
Key Animation: Satoshi Shigeta (Afro Samurai: Resurrection), Shinpei Wada
Sound Director: Fumihiroki Gou (Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru)
Music Producer: Hiromitsu Iijima (Under the Dog)
Studio: Kinema Citrus

PV

Source: Kadokawa's Twitter
VindstotJul 2, 2017 8:25 PM

Jul 1, 2017 2:36 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That staff is pretty underwhelming lol.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 1, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2014
DatRandomDude said:
Thats because mal is soo incomplete. https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=7809

This guy has worked a ton on Utena and most Utena staff tend to become great directors.
Jul 1, 2017 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
As I said, the staff is pretty mixed imo. But then again, there's ups and downs to this, but we'll see about it later on.

My expectations are a bit here and there, I will admit the PV looks pretty good though. Like holy shit I really like it xD
Jul 1, 2017 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
moodie said:
DatRandomDude said:
Thats because mal is soo incomplete. https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=creator&creatorid=7809

This guy has worked a ton on Utena and most Utena staff tend to become great directors.

Just checked on that and Ohhhh this is pretty nice and interesting too. :o
Jul 1, 2017 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
Looks decent at least.
Jul 1, 2017 2:54 PM

Jul 2014
I'm a bit worried but non the less it looks great
Looks like it's gonna be long Glass is shown whom doesn't appear til the end of vol 3, or it'll skip a lot of stuff.
Jul 1, 2017 3:05 PM

May 2014
Time to start SUPER MEGA EXTREMELY BIG and AMAZING HYPE!
Manga did not disappoint me, I hope it will be good adaptation.
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Jul 1, 2017 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Oh its starting at winter 2018? I am fine with that. BTW, the cover shot looks decent.
Jul 1, 2017 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
Hope it's 2 cours(or multiple seasons if it's 1 cour)
Sup...
Jul 1, 2017 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
Well it is still early to tell but i would say the Animation is so far solid at least and it seems they are trying to push it to make it good. still early to tell but a promising start at least.

SenpaiJay98 said:

If they tend to adapt the entire first arc at least. they definitely need 2 cours to make a decent adaptation at least.
Jul 1, 2017 3:50 PM
Jan 2016
It looks cool, especially because of the music. But judging from the staff, I'm not sure . . . Well, then I just need to watch it.

BankaiGoku said:
Manga did not disappoint me, I hope it will be good adaptation.

How's the manga? Is it action oriented just like the PV make it out to be?
Jul 1, 2017 3:51 PM
Mar 2015
SkyDrop said:
Oh its starting at winter 2018? I am fine with that.

where does they said that?
Jul 1, 2017 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:
Well it is still early to tell but i would say the Animation is so far solid at least and it seems they are trying to push it to make it good. still early to tell but a promising start at least.

SenpaiJay98 said:

If they tend to adapt the entire first arc at least. they definitely need 2 cours to make a decent adaptation at least.
It shows the queen which appears at the end of volume 4 (and the end of the first big arc) so it's either a messy 1 cour adaptation or a slightly slow paced 2 cours.
Jul 1, 2017 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
edge13 said:
SkyDrop said:
Oh its starting at winter 2018? I am fine with that.

tHE cover shot has a text -> 7/1 and yeah 1 is for January and January means its on 2018!
Jul 1, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
the animation looks really good!
now lets just hope the staff doesnt ruining the story.
Jul 1, 2017 4:13 PM
Mar 2015
SkyDrop said:
edge13 said:

tHE cover shot has a text -> 7/1 and yeah 1 is for January and January means its on 2018!

no,i think that refer to the PV reveal at 1 July
Jul 1, 2017 4:14 PM

Jul 2013
DatRandomDude said:
SkyDrop said:

Thats ... actually possible, since Kinema Citrus is a small studio and they are doing Made in Abyss this summer, i dont think they'd do an anime 2 season in a row

Lol no, that's just the announcement that a PV will come on July 1, which is this one. You can see the word PV and 2017 in the same sentence.

Jul 1, 2017 4:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
EasyGo-er said:
DatRandomDude said:
Thats ... actually possible, since Kinema Citrus is a small studio and they are doing Made in Abyss this summer, i dont think they'd do an anime 2 season in a row

Lol no, that's just the announcement that a PV will come on July 1, which is this one. You can see the word PV and 2017 in the same sentence.
[ULTRA FACE PALM]

JUST FORGET MY POST PLZ
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 1, 2017 4:18 PM

Nov 2011
SkyDrop said:
edge13 said:

No, it means the PV is coming out on 7/1, which is today.

I wouldn't rule out Winter 2018 yet but it hasn't been announced for that season.
Jul 1, 2017 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
DatRandomDude said:
EasyGo-er said:

[ULTRA FACE PALM]

JUST FORGET MY POST PLZ

I'm not gonna lie I'm dying on the insides for this tbh xD
Jul 1, 2017 4:46 PM

Mar 2012
Symphyon said:
DatRandomDude said:
[ULTRA FACE PALM]

JUST FORGET MY POST PLZ

I'm not gonna lie I'm dying on the insides for this tbh xD

look on the bright side, if this comes out true, you can say you had powers premonition. :) cmon man cheer up it's not that bad.
Jul 1, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2014
TheServant said:

How's the manga? Is it action oriented just like the PV make it out to be?

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari manga is very good, incredibly addictive. It seems to me that PV has a similar climate.
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Jul 1, 2017 4:50 PM

Mar 2016
do not fail.. plz.!
Jul 1, 2017 4:52 PM
Jul 2016
People are making a lot of confusion here: first, the direction in Norn9 was a solo direction, the first of that director. If the story did not please, then that still does not mean the director is bad. Now, if the story pleases those who know the original story, but the plot and the script do not, then the question would be with the composer of the series, which, incidentally, is a good songwriter. Natsuko Takahasi. The only exit I see is that they did not like the proposal of the story itself. Myanimalist suffers from an evil that I call "lack of additional information"; In Animenewsnetwork there is more data placed more comprehensively on what the director worked with. And he - as one of the readers said - worked on some notable works as key animator, and also as episode director, which is a step so that a director can be born; Did you know Before a director comes up, does he begin as director of one or two episodes? No!?, It is!

The composer has ups and downs: he has composed for notorious series that, by the way, are accepted by many of you here [you, since I have not seen the ones that are listed in your datasheet], as well as composed for really rejected series By many. Although, justice is done, some are original, and the [scripts] that he did in the boras accepted in this site were in some dozens of episodes. So at most we can say that the director is inexperienced towards solo, but not a bad director! I'd say he's average. So no: I do not think it's the end of the world, as some hallucinations have said. I suggest you learn more about Animenewsnetwork.
Jul 1, 2017 5:03 PM

Oct 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

With first arc do you mean until certain two characters get a "new name" each?

And what's with the English in the PV? Is it that tendency by Japanese that English is generally seen as the "RPG language" or something?
Grey-ZoneJul 1, 2017 5:06 PM
Jul 1, 2017 5:05 PM
Jan 2016
BankaiGoku said:
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari manga is very good, incredibly addictive.

Why addictive? Because of the story?

ronie91 said:
Now, if the story pleases those who know the original story, but the plot and the script do not, then the question would be with the composer of the series, which, incidentally, is a good songwriter. Natsuko Takahasi. The only exit I see is that they did not like the proposal of the story itself.

You mean scriptwriter? By the way, why do you think he's good writer? I think his track record is so-so.
Jul 1, 2017 5:14 PM

Mar 2012
Grey-Zone said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

With first arc do you mean until certain two characters get a "new name" each?

And what's with the English in the PV? Is it that tendency by Japanese that English is generally seen as the "RPG language" or something?

Yep..look ideally we all want a full adaptation but that is really and i mean really rare. If this will never get a full adaptation at the very least they should adapt the first arc as whole. that part where those 2 charc get their 'New names' Would be a good end point for the series.
Jul 1, 2017 9:25 PM

Jan 2015
Well what the fuck that pv?
It sure was weird
Jul 1, 2017 9:37 PM

Sep 2013
Kek that English XD actually appealing to the western fanbase I see, must be the streaming effect.
Jul 1, 2017 11:55 PM

Dec 2015

SenpaiJay98 said:

With Kadokawa having its filthy hands on this series u can forget about "multiple seasons" lol. Ugh
Jul 2, 2017 1:04 AM

Feb 2015
Please anime God. Tell me that the whole thing isn't in English.
Jul 2, 2017 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
symbiotic said:
Please anime God. Tell me that the whole thing isn't in English.

This is only applying to Anime Expo, just assuming.
Jul 2, 2017 4:31 PM

Mar 2014
They got the edgy red aesthetic down pat.

Now pleeeease don't fuck it up like you did Black Bullet, Kinema Citrus. Don't try to squeeze 4 light novel volumes into just 12 episodes.

Jul 3, 2017 9:12 AM
Feb 2009
Visuals look good but I have doubts about the director. Question is if Norn9 was his fault or was the source that bad.
Jul 3, 2017 10:35 AM

Jun 2008
It looks good, but i have no high hopes for this one..
Jul 4, 2017 10:01 PM
Dec 2010
Let's not sugar coat it; crap director, crap writer, crap studio that has not made anything good since Barakamon (other than GochiUsa S2 which they made with White Fox). It blows my mind how incompetent the people in Kadokawa is, it's like they purposely want to sabotage their own IPs.
Jul 4, 2017 11:48 PM

Aug 2013
I was hoping for Silver Link to pick this up.

Still anticipating it nonetheless, hope this staff can pull through.

(This has to be 2-cour... otherwise KC will royally fuck this up)

Jul 21, 2017 11:40 AM
Mar 2016
This is probably going to be 13 episodes and adapt the first four books. They will probably skip a lot of stuff but hey it can still be good
Jul 27, 2017 8:05 AM

May 2010
Affalo said:

Yo dude if you're going to leave some random fucking comment on my profile talking about some random shit you've come up with out of nowhere, then don't be such a coward and block of all possibility of me responding to it.

At the very least you could have linked in your comment whatever the hell you're talking about, but as far as I know both of us have never even posted in the same thread even once.
Jul 27, 2017 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
Thrashinuva said:
Affalo said:

Yo dude if you're going to leave some random fucking comment on my profile talking about some random shit you've come up with out of nowhere, then don't be such a coward and block of all possibility of me responding to it.

At the very least you could have linked in your comment whatever the hell you're talking about, but as far as I know both of us have never even posted in the same thread even once.

Oh shit, my apologies. I forgot I disabled comments for non-friends awhile ago.

Saw The Big Lebowski last night, felt like quoting it at your expense.
Nov 5, 2017 1:14 PM
Dec 2014
scytheavatar said:
Let's not sugar coat it; crap director, crap writer, crap studio that has not made anything good since Barakamon (other than GochiUsa S2 which they made with White Fox). It blows my mind how incompetent the people in Kadokawa is, it's like they purposely want to sabotage their own IPs.

Kinema Citrus did Made in Abyss... so at least the studio is ok. I have no idea about the other stuff though.
Nov 5, 2017 6:00 PM

Feb 2010
count of monte cristo season 2 looks good.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

More topics from this board

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - 28 minutes ago

5 by Renn »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by malvarez1 »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
4 hours ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
9 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.