Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2017 9:37 PM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved this episode. It was all I was hoping for when he started to use both elements and dualcast lighning and fire. Apparently there's a S2 in 2018 October, too? Not sure how reliable that info is.
Jun 18, 2017 9:47 PM

Jul 2009
Tyrel said:
Apparently there's a S2 in 2018 October, too? Not sure how reliable that info is.

The information I have seen says September 2017.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 18, 2017 10:08 PM

Sep 2011
arsonal said:
Tyrel said:
Apparently there's a S2 in 2018 October, too? Not sure how reliable that info is.

The information I have seen says September 2017.

Is it that?
Jun 18, 2017 10:25 PM

Jul 2009
Tyrel said:
Is it that?

No, that is a trailer for the first season. September 2, 2016 was the original release date. This one is an announcement of the second season. It's expected to have 14 episodes because the total series is 26 episodes.

On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 19, 2017 8:46 AM
Aug 2015
Ehhh what that's it? Well, not bad but also not too good, I would give it a 7 but the animation and voice acting lol.
Overall: 6
Jun 21, 2017 2:40 PM

May 2010
Episode was lit, waiting for season 2. watched the season in 1 go..its one of those shows:D
Jun 22, 2017 3:06 PM

Oct 2013
Loved the action in the duel in this episode. I'm glad he ended up using and showing off his Lightning ability here. It would've undone the whole show if he hadn't...
Jun 23, 2017 2:11 AM

Apr 2014
Need season 2 now but it was good.
Jun 23, 2017 8:23 AM
Nov 2015
Season 2 is coming out September 2017. They have currently posted 2 teasers on the official website the reason some people are saying 2018 is because they are unaware that it started in 2016 not 2017
Jun 30, 2017 4:03 AM

Mar 2016
I really enjoyed this anime and I have to say I only enjoyed it because of Mo Fan. If Mo Fan wasn't him I don't think I'd have stuck through it. If you look at the story I don't see it as a very great one and the voice acting didn't seem great at times, but it was entertaining. Another thing that made me stick to it is Mu Ning Xue and Mo Fan's possible relationship thing going on because I really want to know about their backstory and how Mo Fan and the Mu family are on bad terms. I am excited for season 2 and I hope they up their game in story telling and character development.
Jul 29, 2017 1:20 AM

Nov 2009
Despite very subpar animation and various other glaring flaws like no transitions, general awkwardness , etc, I enjoyed this series very much, the story is simple, the formula it follows is nothing new, yet somehow it still manages to be incredibly engaging and I rooted for Mo Fan all the way, and him kicking ass like a boss in the pubic revelation of his dual elements was immensely satisfying.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 31, 2017 10:04 PM

Nov 2014
CG said:
Despite very subpar animation and various other glaring flaws like no transitions, general awkwardness , etc, I enjoyed this series very much, the story is simple, the formula it follows is nothing new, yet somehow it still manages to be incredibly engaging and I rooted for Mo Fan all the way, and him kicking ass like a boss in the pubic revelation of his dual elements was immensely satisfying.
It is satisfying, especially when he kicks butt every time people look down on him.
Aug 24, 2017 7:36 PM

Jan 2008
It was an enjoyable ride, albeit lackluster in many aspects, was nice seeing him surprise people constantly by showing off what he's capable of. Though that can only work for so long.

Animation for the show was really lacking though, many scenes felt like they could have far more impact value to display the strength of the spells. Not particularly this episode but many of the past episodes.

Was not a big fan of how they basically only know 1 move and stronger variations of it. Probably the lamest aspect. .

Hopefully next season touches up on what this one lacked.
Aug 25, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2015
Not sure if anyone was like me but I legit teared up when that guy was making fun of his dad and Mo Fan suddenly had a flashback of what his dad has done for him along with some words of his own.
Aug 27, 2017 8:35 PM

May 2010
This is just to show u that if story and character are good, nothing else matters!

I was expecting a bit more towards the end. But I guess we have to wait now...

For those who are interested, the novel is found here (and yes I already linked the part where it left off)

http://gravitytales.com/novel/quanzhi-fashi/qf-chapter-83
ConfuciusAug 27, 2017 10:18 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 23, 2017 9:07 PM

Jul 2010
I read the novel up to chapter 100 or something (the translation is awful though), before finding out there was an anime. They rebooted the translation with a better one, but it's still at chapter 21 as of now (which is right before the magic exam at the end of the 1st year).

Honestly, my expectations were way too high for what the anime delivered. I guess those chinese animators still need more experience. I hope the 2nd season is better.
Oct 20, 2017 4:58 PM

Oct 2015
I think anime was good for me with entertaining moments, especially this last episode with the duel between Mo fan and You ang. Yu ang was trying to cheat with that armor but little did he know Mo Fan had a trick up his sleeve, which was the lightning element which surprised everyone especially his hunting buddies and his school guys. Now his fire and lightning elements are both at level three, man that was great I really love lightning types I think they are the coolest. 8/10 looking forward to season 2 and his leveling up.

AND THIS IS MY 500TH ANIME AND ITS A CHINESE ONE HOW ODD, THANK YOU MAL KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 12, 2018 5:37 PM

Jun 2011
YAMETTEEEEEE!!! lmao

Great episode, but pretty underwhelming series. Weak action and the storytelling is not as refined as the Japanese's, characters don't have much depth and there's really no other significant character other than the protagonist and the Mu daughter. Characters cry too often in face of danger instead of trying to do something, especially girls, that annoyed me a lot. I thought the Yukina-Sayaka looking character could be great but she's just there to admire the protagonist. The wind-element friend too.. he's done a little bit but there's barely anything for the guy other than he's following the protagonist for some reason.

"Trash" a word that's very often used in chinese novel, I'd say they're too obsessed with that word.

Still fairly enjoyable to watch but it's definitely rough around the edge.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 14, 2018 10:09 PM

Nov 2017
I am impressed. Something I really liked about Mo Fan ehem Fan Mo??? Eeehh!!! Which one is which?? Same dude bro! But....
Yeah, that guy. He's introspection is really classical. He's internal dialog is completely different from his outward behaviour. Just one of his idiosyncrasies I guess.
I appreciate how the episodes aren't too much of a circus show. It definitely does a great job of going straight down to the salient points of the story.
I rate it!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🔹🔹🔷🔷 PRECISION IS MY INSPIRATION! 🔷🔷🔹🔹

Dec 2, 2018 10:51 AM

Aug 2011
Awesome ending!!! Revealing both level 3 elements in the last episode was an irritating yet great way to end the first season. Can't wait for Season 2, hoping other characters are shown and they progress as well.
Jul 14, 2019 2:59 AM
Dec 2009
This was a great episode. Mo Fan really carries this show. 8/10 looking forward to S2.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Jul 18, 2019 4:05 PM

Dec 2015
well i tried to love this at least :v
Aug 30, 2019 8:26 AM

Jul 2015
Definitely one of the best chinese anime I've seen. This series really has a lot of cliché and cringey moments and the animation isn't the best, hopefully they improve that. Best moment was definitely when he showed his dual element skill.

Feb 26, 2021 3:01 PM

Aug 2018
Sounds bad, looks ugly, even worse when in movement.
Disappointed!
I'll stick to reading the webtoon if season 2 is the same quality.
guizo-Feb 27, 2021 5:52 AM
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 27, 2022 10:04 PM
Oct 2019
that's. fucking. right.

i enjoyed this a good bit. i like the mc. i like he's essentially an outcast and proves himself in secrecy before showing the whole city he's a mf'ing bawse

probably like a 7.5/10, but i'll round up to 8/10 for the season. there honestly weren't any episodes i thought were bad. which is a huge complement in its own right

More topics from this board

» Any news on an eng dub for the anime? :)

Xboxgamer222 - Jul 8, 2021

6 by amlg »»
Mar 1, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi Episode 9 Discussion

Hinata-chi - Aug 25, 2017

3 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 27, 2022 9:12 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi Episode 5 Discussion

3 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 27, 2022 6:59 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi Episode 4 Discussion

2 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 27, 2022 6:42 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi Episode 3 Discussion

5 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 27, 2022 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.