3It was OK
14.3%
2Disliked it
3.6%
1Hated it
3.6%
Average 4.4
28 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2008 12:03 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. These last two episodes have been intense. Can't wait to see the next one. Seeing as there are still quite a few episodes left, Yako has to be fine.

Mar 12, 2008 12:48 PM

Dec 2007
Excellent Eps i must say :) . But i wonder what den Hal will use for protecting 3rd comp
Mar 12, 2008 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
good episode!!!
action is nice =D

hopefully this has some link to Sai (the box guy)????
Mar 12, 2008 3:43 PM

Oct 2007
These last 2 eps were good, probably the best thus far in the series I'd say.

Mar 12, 2008 10:58 PM

Jan 2007
I am raelly digging this arc. Great episode.
Mar 13, 2008 7:04 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol you gotta be kidding me. -_-

I know it sounds lame but I felt like Yuuya would become a beast like we've seen before, he already had tha attitude but he only transformed into a slave. Human rockets? A Bridge for a 10ton truck made of humans? A wannabe cliffhanger? Plotholes? Man it's so going downhill for this show.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 13, 2008 2:31 PM

Dec 2007
I know it sounds lame but I felt like Yuuya would become a beast like we've seen before, he already had tha attitude but he only transformed into a slave. Human rockets? A Bridge for a 10ton truck made of humans? A wannabe cliffhanger? Plotholes? Man it's so going downhill for this show.

they're not human anymore, they don't feel anything so they can make bridge :))

Mar 13, 2008 3:03 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
thuyquai said:

Mind control doesn't raise the density/thickness of bones and nerves.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 13, 2008 6:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
cyruz said:
thuyquai said:

Mind control doesn't raise the density/thickness of bones and nerves.

I admit the human bridge scene threw me off completely... The truck should be too heavy for that to work. But once again, we are not in a world with demons and online artificial lifeforms running loose... Let's just say the planners of the last two episodes were a bit high....But I loved it simply BECAUSE of this weirdness and randomness, so I wouldn't complain about that. It is certainly a nice change from the usual plotline. It's like reading New Age literature....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 13, 2008 6:27 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I am well aware of the fact that there are demons and tools from hell but then they shouldn't use things like shooting with guns at Neuro or other things you're supposed to find interesting because it creates a Normal VS Freaky kinda atmosphere. Also, I laughed at the reflector thing, even if that worked, handguns have a thing called recoil. After firing, the gun cannot still be in the same position as before you fired a bullet, but they still focused on this 'real' thing. I know I'm not fully making sense but still, I hope the episodes will somewhat return to normal soon.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 13, 2008 8:20 PM

Dec 2007
I have to agree in that, from a physics perspective, this episode was beyond pathetic. Not just the human bridge and reflector (glad someone else noticed), but the whole bike chase (including both the jumping onto them, and keeping up with speeding vehicles), and the shooting of the "soldiers" defending the first Sphynx.

But, we haven't been without such technicalities before - they've just been generally minor and easy to look past. Plus, as frequently toted, this isn't exactly the most realistic of series. Accept it or reject it. That all depends on you, and will influence your perception of the series, which we must all admit isn't for everyone.
Mar 15, 2008 5:13 AM
Oct 2007
Ha!

This is beyond wacky, personally I can suspend my disbelief.

And as such I am loving it :D

It's great to see Neuro actually fighting, and looking pissed etc.
Mar 16, 2008 9:01 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Nooooooooo Higuuchiiiiiii, say it isn't so!
Mar 20, 2008 4:15 AM

Feb 2007
Despite the absurdity of the physics, this was a great episode. The pacing was better, the chase scene was entertaining and seeing Higuuchi turn evil instead of just being evil from the start is a small relief. If that would have been the case, it would have been more predictable than Eps 4-6 of Zombie Loan, with Chika's friend who was blatantly shown as evil, despite his "assistance".
Mar 21, 2008 12:52 AM

Mar 2007
Yeah.. I was laughing my ass off with this episode, it went from mystery to comedy really. No that I really mind, I like to laugh. Oh and as a sidepoint, don't overestimate recoil, the gun can be kept quite steady, given though that I have not used too many handguns but I'm sure that there are handguns with less recoil than an assault rifle and I've seen someone shoot one of those on auto while keeping it quite steady, with a single hand.
May 12, 2009 1:38 AM

Apr 2009
I don't see how anyone can watch this anime and complain about realism. If realism is that important to you, you're watching the wrong show.

IMO the series has been getting better and better and these past 2 episodes have been the best by far, closely followed by the Sai episodes (which like someone else mentioned, I want to see get tied in)
Aug 15, 2009 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
We don't need any realism. Human bridge, electrodrugs end other crazy things. That's all we need.
Aug 13, 2010 4:42 PM

Aug 2009
I didn't care about the wrong physics stuff etc. Actually although it was a "wtf" at first, I quite enjoyed them since I'm a big fan of random stuff that are also entertaining. I'm loving this series tons until now and these last episodes have made me even more hooked.
The thing is that I understand the people that might complain about the physics etc. And I don't think the argument that this is a fantasy show is completely stable and I'll explain why. The protagonist of a show is indeed a demon. But the setting isn't a fantastic one, it's a quite realistic one. So that means that although we can expect any kind of freakish weird thing from the demon, we don't expect the same from the rest of the normal environment. In this sense the weirdness some of us might have felt makes sense.
Although I'll say again that personally I don't care much about this weird blending of reality and fantasy, as long as this randomness offers something unique and fun to watch! :)
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Sep 8, 2010 11:30 PM
Sep 2009
Ooh... Oh God... Oh yes... juicy juicy plooooot... at laaaast... OwO
Just my two cents.
Oct 17, 2012 5:20 AM
May 2007
Um so it's not only Sai who can see through Neuro, there's this super program HAL!
Gotta love more of Neuro fighting scenes plus Neuro innocent faces like this one:

I wanna cuddle, seriously ♥
Jan 19, 2016 2:47 AM

Jun 2010
Shadow-Chan said:
Um so it's not only Sai who can see through Neuro, there's this super program HAL!
Gotta love more of Neuro fighting scenes plus Neuro innocent faces like this one:

I wanna cuddle, seriously ♥

Me too ♥ that's way too cuuute ♥
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 11:24 PM

Oct 2012
That was pretty intense
But I'm pretty sure Neuro is pretty OP
Should be easy

RIP Car, you're service will not be forgotten T_T
"Signature removed"
Sep 9, 2017 4:46 PM

Jan 2016
Goudai predicted the demise of the car.

I laughed a bit too when I saw the human made bridge..

Higuchi has some potential in becoming a villain.
Feb 10, 2018 4:20 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, wtf was that bridge, those guys are too strong.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 21, 2008

24 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 30, 2023 3:10 AM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 19 Discussion

Boursk - Mar 18, 2008

26 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 29, 2023 3:34 PM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 5, 2008

29 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 29, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 14 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 27, 2008

29 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 29, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 20, 2008

18 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.