Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2017 5:57 PM
Sep 2015
Anime New Network gives 'Plus Ultra' grade for the first time!

Also 'Masterpiece' by IGN
Jun 3, 2017 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
Well, that was awesome.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 3, 2017 6:07 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was absolute batshit insane, one of the best episodes in anime i've seen so far, if not THE best.
REVIVE MECHA
Jun 3, 2017 6:09 PM

Oct 2008
That was simply beautiful. This fight is up there with All Might vs Nobu.

Jun 3, 2017 6:18 PM
Jan 2016
Probably one of the best episode this season so far!!! Full of spirit, full of passion, full of power!!! I think if Midoriya only wants to win and didn't think about Todoroki, Todoroki will continue to reject half of himself. I think Todoroki must learn how to accept his power and himself although it's from his father if he wants to become a proper hero. This episode is really exciting wkwk. Look how satisfied Endeavor when Todoroki uses his left arm hahaha.
Jun 3, 2017 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
i waited for the heat for so long was not disappointed Nakamura's animation makes me nut everytime

the end of summer is going to be hype.

Jun 3, 2017 6:34 PM

Apr 2017
Worst episode so far lol, only the animation was top notch but the battle made me angry.
Jun 3, 2017 6:50 PM
Jul 2014
That was absolutely awesome in every way. Fuck Endevour though, that guy needs to be in jail.
Jun 3, 2017 7:05 PM

Jan 2015
Oooohhh my god, that was the best episode EVER!!! I almost jumped out of my chair
Jun 3, 2017 7:12 PM

Jul 2016
the blood coming from midoriya's third finger, oh lawd.

i... look like an emotional wreck. the whole episode i had my hands on my face and i was crying, my tears are dry now.
goddamnit the childhood memories, seeing it animated made it so much more real. i had a feeling midoriya would lose based on what i heard from people, but man... what's going to happen to him now? shouto is just so overpowered, even with only using ice. now he has ice and fire. deku's injuries are so much of a setback... it makes me wonder if kohei made midoriya lose purposely because if he did win, he'd probably need much more time to rehabilitate. doesn't seem like a one trip visit to the healing girl. such brutal pain that ya boy deku had to go thru..
Jun 3, 2017 7:14 PM

Mar 2015
derprume said:
Shouldn't Todoroki also be blasted away... Or are we ignoring physics here.

He used his ice as a wall, how many times he almost got blasted away but his ice held him back.
Jun 3, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2016
The animation was seriously incredible near the end. Nice fleshing out of Todoroki and his family. Interested to see how things play out for both him and Midoriya from now on.
4/5 :D
Jun 3, 2017 7:37 PM
Sep 2016
kadiro said:
derprume said:
Shouldn't Todoroki also be blasted away... Or are we ignoring physics here.

He used his ice as a wall, how many times he almost got blasted away but his ice held him back.
Just my opinion but if the teachers didn't interfere with the match, both of them would be out of the ring. I don't think Midoriya was holding back on that last blow, it could have easily destroyed the ice that may stop Todoroki from going out of the ring.
Jun 3, 2017 7:37 PM

May 2016
dammit !!!! Midoriya, Izuku is lose but is great figth good i love this show 10/10
I don't care
Jun 3, 2017 7:41 PM
Jul 2016
JerryKen10 said:
Worst episode so far lol, only the animation was top notch but the battle made me angry.

How so? theres absolutly nothing wrong with this fight, everything is nailed perfectly , honestly that sounds like bait
Jun 3, 2017 7:50 PM

May 2015
Atleastachirra said:
I really think Midoriya should have won this match. It just so annoying to see him lose after how much effort he put into this match, while Todoroki just was lucky to be born with his abilities. Still the match hyped me so much, the backstory of Todoroki wasn't interesting to me at all :c

Remember what Midoriya said on Season 1 that the world is unfair. A hurtful reality he realized at the age of four. Todoroki was born with an outstanding gift while Midoriya had nothing. On the flip side, Midoriya experienced unconditional love from his mother on which Todoroki didn't.

Hardwork alone won't put you on top you know. Some people have everything while some have nothing. Unless you accept that fact then you won't be able to make a step. You'll just end up blaming yourself for every mistake you make.
Jun 3, 2017 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Nicz14 said:
I don't think Midoriya was holding back on that last blow, it could have easily destroyed the ice that may stop Todoroki from going out of the ring.

they were both held back equally , still considering how broken dekus arm was it was still a good smash.

I think deku could have won from the start if he used his legs to "teleport" (cuz he is so fast) to todoroki and then use his whole arm for a full punch. Tho im pretty sure todoroku would have died from a clean 100% hit , just imagine if he actually connected his fist with todorokis belly. Its crazy that deku is using melee attacks for long range .
Jun 3, 2017 7:53 PM
Jan 2015
Nicz14 said:
kadiro said:

Just my opinion but if the teachers didn't interfere with the match, both of them would be out of the ring. I don't think Midoriya was holding back on that last blow, it could have easily destroyed the ice that may stop Todoroki from going out of the ring.
Their interference didn't do anything really, since they were both blast away from the heat explosion pretty easily and how would Deku be able to get behind Todoroki and destroy the ice that was behind him? People are making a lot of excuses for him, but he lost, because he faced a superior opponent.
-MahesvaraJun 3, 2017 8:03 PM
My Queens

Jun 3, 2017 8:00 PM

Sep 2012
Yutaka Nakamura really happend this week xD
Jun 3, 2017 8:02 PM

Aug 2014
Fantastic episode. Wish I could convince all my friends to watch MHA, they have no idea what they're missing.
Jun 3, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing animation. Midoriya used his powers more times in this fight then he has total previously. Felt he should have won. I wonder how it would be different without all those walls cushioning the explosion.
Jun 3, 2017 8:47 PM

Apr 2013
The most hyped episode of this year, and maybe for some years to come.

Btw, when midoriya and todoroki wnet for the final impact, wouldn't you think that midoriya looked alot like All might?
Jun 3, 2017 8:51 PM
Sep 2016
-Mahesvara said:
Nicz14 said:
Their interference didn't do anything really, since they were both blast away from the heat explosion pretty easily and how would Deku be able to get behind Todoroki and destroy the ice that was behind him? People are making a lot of excuses for him, but he lost, because he faced a superior opponent.
Yeah I'm just salty that he lost but when he was fighting bakugo he was able to destroy lots of floors because of the impact/pressure of the punch, i doubt ice is harder than concrete.
Jun 3, 2017 8:57 PM

Jul 2015
lieznerf said:
Atleastachirra said:
I really think Midoriya should have won this match. It just so annoying to see him lose after how much effort he put into this match, while Todoroki just was lucky to be born with his abilities. Still the match hyped me so much, the backstory of Todoroki wasn't interesting to me at all :c

Remember what Midoriya said on Season 1 that the world is unfair. A hurtful reality he realized at the age of four. Todoroki was born with an outstanding gift while Midoriya had nothing. On the flip side, Midoriya experienced unconditional love from his mother on which Todoroki didn't.

Hardwork alone won't put you on top you know. Some people have everything while some have nothing. Unless you accept that fact then you won't be able to make a step. You'll just end up blaming yourself for every mistake you make.

Midoriya probably would have won if he hadn't tried to help Todoroki get over his problems with Endeaver during the battle. He pusehd Todorki far enough to get him to use his fire to it's fullest, and thats why he lost.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 3, 2017 9:05 PM

May 2015
DuoraDoll said:
lieznerf said:

Midoriya probably would have won if he hadn't tried to help Todoroki get over his problems with Endeaver during the battle. He pusehd Todorki far enough to get him to use his fire to it's fullest, and thats why he lost.

Midoriya aims to be a hero. It's a hero's job to save everyone. Don't you think Todoroki is worth saving? Midoriya may have lost the battle but at that moment, he definitely won a new friend.
Jun 3, 2017 9:16 PM

Jul 2015
lieznerf said:
DuoraDoll said:

Midoriya aims to be a hero. It's a hero's job to save everyone. Don't you think Todoroki is worth saving? Midoriya may have lost the battle but at that moment, he definitely won a new friend.

Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely worth losing the match to help Todoroki. Midoriya sacrificed a spot in the tournament and in return gained a friend and saved a life, and I'm really happy that he did.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 3, 2017 9:18 PM

Aug 2010
Midoriya.. what a guy. He may have lost the fight but he was able to get Todroki to accept himself and give everything he got.

This fight was done amazingly. Anime of the year? At this rate definitely.
Jun 3, 2017 9:20 PM

Apr 2016
holy shiet that was amazing . i wonder how deku mom react to this fight . i bet there tsunami going on already .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Jun 3, 2017 9:23 PM
Sep 2012
Nicz14 said:
Yeah I'm just salty that he lost but when he was fighting bakugo he was able to destroy lots of floors because of the impact/pressure of the punch, i doubt ice is harder than concrete.

Well, that's the force of the punch being able to break through by piercing through the floors with gaps in between. But that's just it. There's always some kind of resistance when you're pushing something towards something else. Not to mention, Izuku was already heavily injured so he couldn't make a full fist by the end. Plus, the explosion's force was spread out. So while it's powerful, it wasn't concentrated at one point like Izuku did during his fight with Bakugo back in season 1. Not to mention, Shoto can easily create many layers of ice to stop himself from going out of bounds right after the explosion happens. You can see him use his ice several times and breaking through several of them before stopping when Izuku used his fingers. Shoto can also easily create even more ice to stop himself since his fire side can help regulate his body's temperature.
Jun 3, 2017 9:45 PM

Aug 2013
Less than satisfying end to an already mediocre fight that just happened to have good animation.

This show's awful tropes are starting to get tiring. Supposed to be about some kid who has OP god tier powers, and neither he nor any of his friends ever win jack shit. Finally stops crying for an episode and you think things might go well and it just turns into the same shit. Just like how he contributed nothing during the villain attack on the field trip.

The fuck is the point of a shounen show when the MC and all of his friends fucking suck ass? That's the polar opposite objective of the genre generally speaking.

that 8.7 rating is completely unjustified up to this point. wtf.
Jun 3, 2017 9:48 PM
Oct 2007
HOLY SHIT!!! I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2017 9:56 PM

Aug 2013
Ragna92 said:
Midoriya.. what a guy. He may have lost the fight but he was able to get Todroki to accept himself and give everything he got.

AOTY??? Lmao, watch more anime please.
Jun 3, 2017 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Jonesy974 said:
Ragna92 said:

Nah it's definitely AOTY. Not sure if you've noticed this but almost everyone loved this episode.
Jun 3, 2017 10:20 PM
Jun 2017
This weeks episode was epic I enjoyed every moment of it, so much so I even wrote a blog on it. You can go check it out and feel free to leave a comment, recommendations are always accepted.

https://kevoynec.wixsite.com/jamkage/single-post/2017/06/03/DEKU-VS-TODOROKI-MY-HERO-ACADEMIA-EXPLODES
Jun 3, 2017 10:41 PM

Oct 2016
I really love this episode! awesome battle scenes between Todoroki and Midoriya >.<

The animation this week is really top-notch!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jun 3, 2017 11:09 PM

Jan 2014
I read the manga and thought that there wasn't gonna be any need to watch the anime, but holy sht I would've missed out on so much action! That animation was amazing.

p.s glad we got to see todoroki realize his true potential + s/o to Midoriyama for being a selfless heroo
Jun 3, 2017 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
Guess I should clean my pants now.
Jun 3, 2017 11:40 PM

Aug 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Jonesy974 said:

Nah it's definitely AOTY. Not sure if you've noticed this but almost everyone loved this episode.

Pffft. 30+ anime every season. Still 2 seasons worth of anime to go this year. First 8 episodes of BnHA season 2 were sub-par at best and this one episode with above average animation somehow justifies the entire show? To make it THE BEST out of an entire calendar year's worth of shows? Stop.

That's just ignorant One Punch Man level fanboying at that point, when you cant look at a show with anything but fanboy tunnel vision goggles.
Jun 3, 2017 11:43 PM

Dec 2013
Jonesy974 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Pffft. 30+ anime every season. Still 2 seasons worth of anime to go this year. First 8 episodes of BnHA season 2 were sub-par at best and this one episode with above average animation somehow justifies the entire show? To make it THE BEST out of an entire calendar year's worth of shows? Stop.

That's just ignorant One Punch Man level fanboying at that point, when you cant look at a show with anything but fanboy tunnel vision goggles.

I think this is more you just refusing to accept that other people are capable of thinking on their own and that not everyone believes the same things that you do.

And do you legitimately believe that the ONLY reason that people love this episode is because of the animation? Really?
Jun 3, 2017 11:49 PM

Aug 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Jonesy974 said:

I think this is more you just refusing to accept that other people are capable of thinking on their own and that not everyone believes the same things that you do.

And do you legitimately believe that the ONLY reason that people love this episode is because of the animation? Really?

Judging from the comments, which collectively amount to "hurrdurr fight scenes s gud. action 2 kewl! looked epic!" Yes. Yes I absolutely believe that.
Jun 3, 2017 11:52 PM

Dec 2013
Jonesy974 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Judging from the comments, which collectively amount to "hurrdurr fight scenes s gud. action 2 kewl! looked epic!" Yes. Yes I absolutely believe that.

That's a pitifully ignorant way of thinking. I almost find it hard to believe that someone can actually believe something this idiotic. Clearly your the type of person who is incapable of empathising with other people's views.
Jun 3, 2017 11:57 PM
May 2010
I bet you the mangaka teared up seeing that final Midoriya and Todoroki confrontation. The music, the animation, the build up to the scene, I'm not Mashima but dang, now this is what I'll call roar of raw emotion.
Sallad4everJun 4, 2017 12:02 AM
Jun 4, 2017 12:00 AM

Dec 2013
Sallad4ever said:
I bet you the mangaka teared up seeing that final Midoriya and Todoroki confrontation, the music, the animation, the build up to the scene, I'm not Mashima but dang, now this is what I'll call roar of raw emotion.

The author did apparently cry over this episode and the person who wrote this is Kouhei Horikoshi. Mashima did Fairy Tail.
Jun 4, 2017 12:01 AM

Aug 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Jonesy974 said:

That's a pitifully ignorant way of thinking. I almost find it hard to believe that someone can actually believe something this idiotic. Clearly your the type of person who is incapable of empathising with other people's views.

Really, an ignorant way of thinking? How so? Did you read the fucking comments in this thread? Because I what said is hardly overelaborating. Maybe go back and re-read the first 6 pages of comments.

Believe something this idiotic? Believe what exactly? The comments are all right there to read. Seeing is believing. There hasn't been an intelligent thought or breakdown put together on this episode. Just a bunch of band-wagoners going bonkers over how pretty it looked.

"Clearly your the type of person who is incapable of empathising with other people's views". Hypocrisy at it's finest, since I've got nothing but hate for my opinion on this episode, meanwhile nobody has actually tried to justify why they like this episode so much. Who's ignorant to other's views hm?

btw, completely improper use of "empathizing", but I'll let that slide since you're point was still coherent.
Jun 4, 2017 12:04 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Jonesy974 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Wow, you must lack the capability of reading, because I see a great amount of comments talking about Todoroki's resolve, Midoriya's potential, Midoriya following the path of a true, the emotional impact Todoroki's flashback had, etc. You do realize that your in the minority, right? You see the episode poll, right? Is it that hard to accept that this anime is simply not for you, as the majority of people are satisfied with what this series is? BnHA is not my AoTS because I already have something that I prefer more than it, but that doesn't stop other people to believe what's right for them. You say the 8.7 score is unjustified, but you do realize that your opinion ≠ popular beliefs, right? You can say that you're not liking it as much as others, but that doesn't mean that the series doesn't deserve the popularity it has.
GoldenDevilGamerJun 4, 2017 12:10 AM
Jun 4, 2017 12:09 AM
Dec 2015
FAM i still cannot get over this ep. I rewatched the last half like 10 times already. Really teared up due to all the emotional turmoil going on.

TODOROKI IS BAE he is like zuko but not??? He is so so hot and cool literally and figuratively i cri.

Swear even though midoriya lost, it doesnt matter because he saved todoroki!!! And that's what makes him a hero :')

The animation was seriously GODLIKE, as in looking at the way the light and colors were used makes me feel so many things along with the music!!!

Jun 4, 2017 12:11 AM

Dec 2013
Jonesy974 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Really, an ignorant way of thinking? How so? Did you read the fucking comments in this thread? Because I what said is hardly overelaborating. Maybe go back and re-read the first 6 pages of comments.

Believe something this idiotic? Believe what exactly? The comments are all right there to read. Seeing is believing. There hasn't been an intelligent thought or breakdown put together on this episode. Just a bunch of band-wagoners going bonkers over how pretty it looked.

"Clearly your the type of person who is incapable of empathising with other people's views". Hypocrisy at it's finest, since I've got nothing but hate for my opinion on this episode, meanwhile nobody has actually tried to justify why they like this episode so much. Who's ignorant to other's views hm?

btw, completely improper use of "empathizing", but I'll let that slide since you're point was still coherent.

No episode could ever be this popular because of the animation alone. The reason this was so popular because of the overall intensity, characterisation/development for Todoroki along with the animation.

I agree some of the comments are mostly praising the animation but there are people out there who praised more than just the animation. You're just picking the comments that are convenient to your poor and illogical argument that the only good thing about this episode was the animation which just isn't true by any stretch of the imagination.
Jun 4, 2017 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Jonesy974 said:

Wow, you must lack the capability of reading, because I see a great amount of comments talking about Todoroki's resolve, Midoriya's potential, Midoriya following the path of a true, the emotional impact Todoroki's flashback had, etc. You do realize that your in the minority, right? You see the episode poll, right? Is it that hard to accept that this anime is simply not for you, as the majority of people are satisfied with what this series is? BnHA is not my AoTS because I already have something that I prefer more than it, but that doesn't stop other people to believe what's right for them. You say the 8.7 score is unjustified, but you do realize that your opinion ≠ popular beliefs, right? You can say that you're not liking it as much as others, but that doesn't mean that the series doesn't deserve the popularity it has.

You would know all about the minority and popular beliefs right? Looking at your top 10, mainstream is all you know. Hypocritical talking about someone's opinion being unpopular when you are the embodiment of mainstream shounen fandom.

You're also assuming my thoughts on this season/episode reflect my thoughts on the series as a whole, including the first season...which is far from the case. Not that you would know from just making blanket assumptions.
Jun 4, 2017 12:23 AM

Aug 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Jonesy974 said:

No episode could ever be this popular because of the animation alone. The reason this was so popular because of the overall intensity, characterisation/development for Todoroki along with the animation.

I agree some of the comments are mostly praising the animation but there are people out there who praised more than just the animation. You're just picking the comments that are convenient to your poor and illogical argument that the only good thing about this episode was the animation which just isn't true by any stretch of the imagination.

Wouldn't you just be doing the same thing? Picking comments that are convenient to your equally poor argument? Easiest way to solve that would be to just hand count the comments and see who wins.
Jun 4, 2017 12:25 AM

Dec 2013
Jonesy974 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Wouldn't you just be doing the same thing? Picking comments that are convenient to your equally poor argument? Easiest way to solve that would be to just hand count the comments and see who wins.

Either way, the idea that an episode could get over 95% of people rating 5/5 just because of the animation is still comically ridiculous.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

192 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 1, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2017

198 by OodleString »»
Apr 29, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.