Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 10, 2017 6:05 PM

Aug 2015
Did I just see a love confession in my tragedy anime? No no no, please don't be an obvious death flag.
May 10, 2017 6:16 PM

May 2015
The sightseeing may have been a little out of the flow for this episode, but something tells me that the sightseeing is just a major death flag for Tiat...

Lol, I thought the confrontation between the Annihilation Knights and Willem was staged. But he was flicking coins? Taking a page from Leiur's book I see...

Aww, how sweet for Chtholly to say that. But those "visions" she's getting doesn't sound good at all. And her eyes turning red is a disturbing sight. Guess we will get the explanation for that later in the series.

Slaps are usually louder than punches, so that punch must have hurt a lot!
May 10, 2017 7:07 PM

Apr 2011
Why is pacman a chick kebab chef in this anime ? lol
May 10, 2017 10:01 PM
Apr 2017
Snaita said:
Didn't get why all that drama when he decided to stay... Does she know where his going? If the bunny wasn't punched in the novel, why now in the anime, he didn't say something so terrible for that did he?

the dark vision she got, if anime explain whats that dark vision do then u will know why...hope anime will explain it

and actually last episode already foreshadow the dark vision, the conversation between the doctor and williem
HaruhiroYumeMay 10, 2017 10:06 PM
May 11, 2017 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
Back to back episodes of Willem getting slapped, poor guy.
May 11, 2017 2:36 AM

Dec 2014
Snaita said:
Didn't get why all that drama when he decided to stay... Does she know where his going? If the bunny wasn't punched in the novel, why now in the anime, he didn't say something so terrible for that did he?

The drama is not because of where he went but because he decided to go and not stay with her.
Unfortunately the anime fails at giving the idea of time between events. Also while you can read 3-4 episodes worth of stuff in 2~ hours here you have to wait 3-4 weeks; so the sense of discomfort is lost, also due to the comedy bits that are necessary in the novel to set the moods while in the anime seem reduntant and out of place.

Anyway she survived to get back to him and to fulfill her part of the promise. They were heading back to home, after the battle that lasted 1 month; then a random dude appeared and "kidnapped" Willem. She got pissed at that for good reasons. She has a sense of urgency too, as well as longing for him; but that will be explained next week.

The discussion with the bunny was cut almost in half; so the punch was probably a present for the LN readers. It didn't really give more info than what you saw in the anime. However it gave reasons to Willem to hate him enough to punch him:

1) "Even if there is some favoritism going on between the manager and his subjects, as long as there is no hindrance to their effectiveness on the battlefield, it is not our business to interfere"
Here he basically told Willem to not hinder their capability as weapons. All he did was acting like a father figure to them; so being labeled as a liability for their effectiveness as weapons, even if just a speculation, was enough to make him rage. Also because the bunny only really saw them as weapons.

2) In the novel the bunny had soldiers with him, and threatened to use force if Willem kept refusing. Willem refused once, then the bunny said the name "Suwong Kandel" and he also threatened him.

3) Then there was the scene between Chtholly and Willem, which further strengthened the hate vs the bunny since he was basically just slowing their reuinion and the fulfillment of their promise. Nephren reminded him that he still had to fulfill his part. Also Chtholly left angry due to this conversation, which was different from the one in the anime. So Willem had two more reasons to hate the bunny.

4) After the girls left the bunny mocked Willem for the face he made, he was crying. And this was the last reason for him to punch him.
AnathorMay 11, 2017 2:42 AM
May 11, 2017 3:41 AM

Jun 2012
Anathor said:

The drama is not because of where he went but because he decided to go and not stay with her.
Unfortunately the anime fails at giving the idea of time between events. Also while you can read 3-4 episodes worth of stuff in 2~ hours here you have to wait 3-4 weeks; so the sense of discomfort is lost, also due to the comedy bits that are necessary in the novel to set the moods while in the anime seem reduntant and out of place.

Anyway she survived to get back to him and to fulfill her part of the promise. They were heading back to home, after the battle that lasted 1 month; then a random dude appeared and "kidnapped" Willem. She got pissed at that for good reasons. She has a sense of urgency too, as well as longing for him; but that will be explained next week.

The discussion with the bunny was cut almost in half; so the punch was probably a present for the LN readers. It didn't really give more info than what you saw in the anime. However it gave reasons to Willem to hate him enough to punch him:

1) "Even if there is some favoritism going on between the manager and his subjects, as long as there is no hindrance to their effectiveness on the battlefield, it is not our business to interfere"
Here he basically told Willem to not hinder their capability as weapons. All he did was acting like a father figure to them; so being labeled as a liability for their effectiveness as weapons, even if just a speculation, was enough to make him rage. Also because the bunny only really saw them as weapons.

2) In the novel the bunny had soldiers with him, and threatened to use force if Willem kept refusing. Willem refused once, then the bunny said the name "Suwong Kandel" and he also threatened him.

3) Then there was the scene between Chtholly and Willem, which further strengthened the hate vs the bunny since he was basically just slowing their reuinion and the fulfillment of their promise. Nephren reminded him that he still had to fulfill his part. Also Chtholly left angry due to this conversation, which was different from the one in the anime. So Willem had two more reasons to hate the bunny.

4) After the girls left the bunny mocked Willem for the face he made, he was crying. And this was the last reason for him to punch him.

Well that makes way more sense, thanks. I think they could have handled all that better... It's a shame, finally when we have a full adaptation of a LN(I think), this happens.
May 11, 2017 3:45 AM
May 2017
Epic plot romance and about song is very good
May 11, 2017 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
Did she just confess?!?

It got significantly more interesting at the end with the weird bunny.
May 11, 2017 4:47 AM

Apr 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Did she just confess?!?

It got significantly more interesting at the end with the weird bunny.

She 100% did. Apparently for some reasons some peoples are unsure she talked out loud, but she did.
May 11, 2017 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
good lord that child voice in Ctholly's vision is creepy as hell
Great job to the VA, whoever you are
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 11, 2017 8:13 AM
May 2017
Hey kotori ?? This anime awesome plot romance i very liked this anime
May 11, 2017 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
At first glance, it seems that all that has been narrated serves as an excuse to show others and introduce the spectator in the next step of the story. Frankly, narrative is unclear to me, though it is embedded in elements that will surely find its meaning beyond history.
May 11, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2013
Kotori_Sonoda said:
good lord that child voice in Ctholly's vision is creepy as hell
Great job to the VA, whoever you are

That would be her :

Video is put a bit before the time when she appears on stage (16min20 mark for the exact time, video starts at 16:00 for some reason ). Youngest seiyuu this season, 7 years old.
Scene name is okada hikari (岡田日花里).
May 11, 2017 11:32 AM

Jul 2007
Anathor said:

The discussion with the bunny was cut almost in half; so the punch was probably a present for the LN readers.

The punch is implied in the LN too in an ambiguous way.
May 11, 2017 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Fai said:
Anathor said:

The discussion with the bunny was cut almost in half; so the punch was probably a present for the LN readers.

I don't think it's ambiguous, he clearly punched in the LN as well.
The scene simply cut right before he does it, but we know he did it.
May 11, 2017 12:57 PM

Jul 2007
Zefyris said:
Fai said:

I don't think it's ambiguous, he clearly punched in the LN as well.
The scene simply cut right before he does it, but we know he did it.

That's what I meant by ambiguous.

Anime accomplished the same by switching perspective to birds eye view when it happens.
May 11, 2017 8:30 PM
Jun 2016
You know when you play a game and there's that plot non related stupid quest, that you are forced to do and just get gold out of it? This episode was like that, but I got no gold out of it, lose x lose stiuation. Here it is the first shitty episode of the series, more to come? Hope not
May 11, 2017 11:55 PM
Jan 2013
It was nice to see Pacman again xD
May 12, 2017 1:39 AM
May 2017
Epic soundtrack and very good plot romance, and i wait next episode, this anime romance very good in 2017 years
May 12, 2017 6:32 AM

Apr 2012
Zefyris said:

Video is put a bit before the time when she appears on stage (16min20 mark for the exact time, video starts at 16:00 for some reason ). Youngest seiyuu this season, 7 years old.
Scene name is okada hikari (岡田日花里).

7 years old!
Amazing. I'm surprised!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 12, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2015
thanks to Kutori for the unnecessary drama. wasn't it just a meeting he was invited to? why the tears? just when I thought she couldn't get any more annoying
May 12, 2017 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
pennsatucky said:
thanks to Kutori for the unnecessary drama. wasn't it just a meeting he was invited to? why the tears? just when I thought she couldn't get any more annoying

Or maybe you'll just need to watch next week's episode to understand, if the answer isn't clear for you right now (yo utechnicall ycould already because you have all the elements, but next week will probably tells you directly so even if you didn't manage to guess, it's fine). I wonder if you will still be able to say 'unnecessary drama" or "why the tears" or "annoying" afterwards.
May 12, 2017 3:28 PM

Jan 2015
Zefyris said:
pennsatucky said:

Or maybe you'll just need to watch next week's episode to understand, if the answer isn't clear for you right now (yo utechnicall ycould already because you have all the elements, but next week will probably tells you directly so even if you didn't manage to guess, it's fine). I wonder if you will still be able to say 'unnecessary drama" or "why the tears" or "annoying" afterwards.

well I certainly hope so. it just looked totally out of place and I still think she's annoying, that's just my attitude towards Kutori in general.
May 12, 2017 11:05 PM

Feb 2009
Specimen021 said:
Please, can we got back to the taking-care-of-kids/kids-go-to-die-horribly business?

'Cause this is getting dull.

yes really!! omg lol

May 13, 2017 2:35 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Unconcerned said:
The pacing and direction are wonky. All of a sudden she is a trained fighter but they didn't show or give proper explanation to the time she spent training. All we got was one scene where he showed her there was a different way.

You mean Chtholly (Kotori) right ? She always had been a fighter and she always did fight the beast before even met Willem. Willem showed her a way to fight without using the gate of fairies. But she was already a powerful fighter before.
Unconcerned said:

Random confession which the way it was placed didn't carry much weight. That final scene felt like it was missing something. Felt oddly dramatic with little reason.

Don't get me wrong I still like this show, but I feel like reading the light novels is going to be a must for me because the anime doesn't seem to be doing it justice.

I do not agree with you that it was a random confession. It was already foreshadowed that Kotori started to develop feelings for him.
May 13, 2017 3:40 AM
Apr 2017
For those people who finds kutori annoying, I hope the next episode will change your mind, or else, you don't have the rights to watch this show. Kutori is ONE of the main reasons why the LN is so depressing.
dodgemoto_23May 13, 2017 7:52 AM
May 13, 2017 3:46 AM

Mar 2016
Unconcerned said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

You mean Chtholly (Kotori) right ? She always had been a fighter and she always did fight the beast before even met Willem. Willem showed her a way to fight without using the gate of fairies. But she was already a powerful fighter before.

I do not agree with you that it was a random confession. It was already foreshadowed that Kotori started to develop feelings for him.
I mean who else. I get she was already a fighter, that's pretty clearly laid out in their first fight. However they implied this episode that she had learned from him more so than the one fight we saw. However the direction and general way they handled it didn't really give good context to the time they spent training. From what I hear the light novel states they trained for about a month prior to that battle. Which with that given context would have made my given complaint moot.

Also the confession wasn't random in the sense that it was unexpected. More to the point that it was quick and poorly lol so random placed. It wasn't even "foreshadowed" as it was spelled out during the massage scene.

I am not complaining about obvious things that yeah have been obvious. I am talking about poor direction and overall pace.

Not really. In the light novel, the author explains between the dialogus saying that they trained for a few days. Go back to episode 2, kutori said the timere is predicted to appear in 5 days before the training started, so you can conclude an interval of 5 days approx. was spent on training, and willem told grick he showed them everything he may know. However, most of that was just to get kutori to embrace the better way of dealing damage to the enemy once the blade hits the target. He already acknowledged her for being a talented fighter, and she's been fighting already as you guys already stated. He quickly showed her some techniques like speed/dash technique he uses often. What the author stresses here is how kutori much took them to heart and has been keeping a close eye on willem which plays into her feelings for him. From her perspective, Willem has shown her many firsts in this ephemeral life span of hers.
May 13, 2017 4:43 AM
Apr 2017
Unconcerned said:

Edit: Went back and watched, while yeah they do clarify the time spent I have to say it makes the discussion all the more off to me in episode 5. "I probably know your fighting style and strength better than anyone else in this world. Did you forget, you're the one who taught me to fight this way. " That's what lead me to feel confused in the first place, she states thing like she has been his student longer than a couple days.

Yeah, this statement was confusing for me too, as if she had trained for a long time under him. I wonder if its a translation error or if you are supposed to assume that because Williem has not practiced his craft with anyone else, only Chtolly would know the best. If it's the latter, that's a big assumption to make and doesn't fit well at all.
May 13, 2017 4:54 AM

Dec 2014
@Unconcerned @ksdl
It's a translation error. She said:
"In this world ,right now/at this time, I am probably the one that knows the best your fighting style and strength".
They forgot to translate ima, before kono sekaide.
Atm only she fought him directly, to her knowledge. She did say "tabun", so didn't assume that she truly is..but yeah.
AnathorMay 13, 2017 5:01 AM
May 13, 2017 5:58 AM

Feb 2011
And to the reason why she is fallen in love.
An example :
Before she met Willem, her only reason to live was to sacrifice herself to fulfill her duty. No matter what she had thought, there was no other way.
But Willem simply showed her that she does not have to sacrifice herself, and he gave her another reason to live, and that was the promise.
Nuckel-CellMay 13, 2017 6:35 AM
May 13, 2017 6:07 AM

Aug 2016
CaptainJumBo said:
Kittens-kun said:

Poorly written? Fucking how?

lmao if u gave an 8 to re;zero then that's self-explanatory already.
It's a garbage written script.

We all have different taste. LOL just because you think its garbage doesnt mean we all should.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 13, 2017 6:31 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Unconcerned said:
I mean who else. I get she was already a fighter, that's pretty clearly laid out in their first fight. However they implied this episode that she had learned from him more so than the one fight we saw. However the direction and general way they handled it didn't really give good context to the time they spent training. From what I hear the light novel states they trained for about a month prior to that battle. Which with that given context would have made my given complaint moot.

Also the confession wasn't random in the sense that it was unexpected. More to the point that it was quick and poorly "lol so random" placed. It wasn't even "foreshadowed" as it was spelled out during the massage scene.

I am not complaining about obvious things that yeah have been obvious. I am talking about poor direction and overall pace.

It seems like I did misinterpret your points here, but at least it was clarified from Anathor.

May 13, 2017 6:48 AM

May 2015
Shouldn't have read the spoiler XD
Chtholly Nota Seniorious
May 13, 2017 6:49 AM

Oct 2008
This show is such a sparkling gem!
it gets better especially the romance part and also the worries of being apart each other.
Chtholly really loves Willhelm!
5/5.

May 13, 2017 8:32 AM

Aug 2016
The OP of this show is GOD~~

May 13, 2017 10:16 AM
May 2017
Wait next episode, and i why last minute here speaker hit ??
May 13, 2017 2:40 PM

Feb 2014
Anathor said:
Leo_10 said:
Did Chtholly confessed while she run pass Willem.

Watched at super slow speed :p she did move the lips. Also in the LN it was a normal dialogue not inner monologue.

Ok thank you. I thought she said it based on Willhem's reaction, but I didn't catch the lips moving. Good to hear it was the real deal
May 13, 2017 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
A little action showing the previous battle.

... I wish I could like this anime more, but it's just so "meh"...
May 14, 2017 5:57 AM

Mar 2016
SnapMyBerry said:

What is really nice about the OP is those damn lyrics. They're so good and descriptive of a certain character.

May 14, 2017 6:22 AM

Aug 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
SnapMyBerry said:

What is really nice about the OP is those damn lyrics. They're so good and descriptive of a certain character.

I know right!! I'm listening to it right now, the lyrics are so damn good!

May 14, 2017 6:24 AM

Aug 2016
I wish Chtholly and WIllem will just make out already! Damn they're too cute!

May 14, 2017 7:14 AM

Jan 2014
Damn lizard uncle.
Finally furries and fantasy creatures can be together.
the fuck they eat their own kind or what the fuck
tretijMay 14, 2017 7:19 AM
May 20, 2017 11:53 PM

Mar 2015
Zefyris said:

lol at the "défense de dégringoler" warning everywhere xD. One of funniest warning I ever saw in French.

lol as a Frenchman it got a good laugh out of me.

Anyway, weakest episode so far IMO. Nothing much happened and there were less development than usual.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
May 21, 2017 3:20 PM

Jun 2016
I never expected to enjoy this show as much as I do. The ridiculous title alone should have scared me away. I really like the melancholic atmosphere, the music and I just want to see all of those girls save. I just know that won't be the case though...
Jun 4, 2017 6:54 AM

Jul 2009
Chtholly confessed her feelings!!!
Jun 4, 2017 5:01 PM

Apr 2015
Oh man that ending broke my heart a lil bit tbh.
Jun 20, 2017 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
An alright episode I guess. Nice to see this tundere character, Cthothly, a very open type character and declared her love to him.
By now, I absolutely cant predict what will happen next, which is the beauty of this show at least for me(didnt watch preview as usual)

3.5/5 for episode.
Jun 23, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2014
Utterly boring..
Jun 27, 2017 5:14 PM

May 2012
Decent progression, but it still feels a bit slow :|
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

459 by Zefyris »»
Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.