Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 6, 2017 12:19 PM
Jul 2014
Gqz said:
The foreshadowing is actually really well-placed which I think most people skipped over when trying to decipher the comments.

If my google translator app serves me well it mentions there being 'Altair, known as the Tanabata star' using my elite computer skills I looked up what a 'Tanabata' was. It lead me to Wiki, from there I learnt:

"According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar."

Could this be some foreshadowing to the events between the girl who gets hit by a train and the puss of an MC as some sort of metaphor to suggest that she was his lover?

Furthermore the next link:

Mentions how there's a discussion about an project called 'Eternal Taisen Megarosphere'. I looked up the key terms mentioned and I found the app called "Project Gutenberg" which is summarized as:

"Project Gutenberg is a volunteer effort to digitize and archive cultural works, to "encourage the creation and distribution of eBooks". It was founded in 1971 by Michael S. Hart and is the oldest digital library.".

I've also noticed that there was a-lot of referencing to star-formations which is possibly a foreshadowing to what the gun girl is planning to do, maybe she's planning to wait for the alignment of the stars as she was stated by the other white haired girl during the JSDF conference.

Excuse my mistakes Im dylsexic.

Good finds there.

So, here's what we know so far:
--Souta and Shimazaki Setsuna collaborated in some way to create Gunpuku no Himegimi

--Himegimi was meant to be the second character of a series called Eternal Taisen Megalosphere, as presented in the world etude presentation (basically a world and character concept demonstration)

--Himegimi's real name is Altair, and she underwent several design changes in an attempt to gain attention from a prospective audience.

--(speculation): as a result of the lack of popularity, online bullying, etc. Shikigami Setsuna commits suicide by train in August of 2016. This provides the catalyst for Gunpuku no Himegimi's entrance into the "real" world.

May 6, 2017 12:21 PM

Sep 2014
The ending went from 100 to 200 reallll fast.

I couldn't say 0 to 100 because this was an amazing episode, but that twist at the end. Next episode will be even better.
May 6, 2017 12:25 PM

May 2016
Meteora's smugness, as all of the damage she's done is listed, was a treat to watch.

I really like how there's little action (though when it happens, it's pretty great) and we can focus on talking, which I like, although I'm waiting impatiently for the protagonist to actually do something. He will. I hope.

Also, the goverment people not being dicks and actually listening, that's fresh, in a depressing sort of way.
May 6, 2017 12:32 PM
Apr 2016
NatachiMikotsu said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
So as I see it, Gunpuku no Himegime was a character designed by Shimazaki and Souta wanted to draw her based on the Shimazaki perception. Souta obviously was her best friend. Something went wrong*, Shimazaki suicided, and Souta got that demoralized he lost both memories of that character and will to keep on drawing, or rather subconsciously lost the ability to do it. Shimazaki's death triggered the transition of GnH into "reality" or the space between reality and "fictional" worlds,... digitalizing her? The whole concept seems to be interwoven deeply with known physics, on a deeper scale.
*As someone have noted in the beginning of the thread, someone could have stolen the former character and re-designed her as GnH. I believe Shimazaki got really mad (mad as in extremely angry) at someone disrespecting her concept by turning her creation into military-connected character, and ultimately could not bear it. + to the message of taking our concepts more seriously (way more). IF so then there must exist one additional, I assume, person, who made the whole mess begin - someone who tampered with the original design of GnH.
All that aside a multidimensional masterpiece I have never expected but always wanted.

If I can add something... this "war" against our world and Military Princess fondness of Shimazaki may be interpreted as revenge. If I remember correctly Military Princess decided to destroy the world, because Shimazaki was rejected. I don't know what truly happened, but this theory about stolen character gave me the impression that Shimazaki has been used by some firm, which took the character and the story with or without author's permission. They could throw Shimazaki aside after receiving the permision or simply steal her story from the Internet.

It's not even a theory. I only thought that it would help someone.

The revenge motive was stated by herself, that she is going "To destroy the world that rejected you(Shimazaki)". I am sure she will get in terms with how "Shimazaki never wanted her to become what she did" at the point where it's too late.
Re:formed
May 6, 2017 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
Nah, this show lost me this episode, too many boring conversations. And I am really annoyed that Rui has female seiyuu, his design is feminine enough as it is.
JSDF and the government being this understanding, accepting and knowing who the "good guys" looks implausible (ungracefully patriotic, to be precise, it's sort of a trend lately to laud Japanese officials specifically in the medium, patriotism is understandable, but its ungracefullness is damaging to immersion). Their childish passive-aggressiveness towards governmet was sort of cringy.
It seemed out of character for pround Celestia to sell herself.
But too much talking, especially too much talking by Meteora is what kills the series for me. I still want to see the occultist school uniform person, but that's it, I guess. The Undergroung guy was more fun than the main cast too, I liked how he missed his friends and his MC rival, too bad that he doesn't get any screen time.
May 6, 2017 12:53 PM
Nov 2016
firemagnet said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

You have the wrong person.
I dropped Sekaisuru Kado within 5 min 'cause it wasn't my kinda thing.

"this show explores what the practical effects of bringing fiction to life in a more limited world would be, and how the personalities of various characters as written would cause problems."
I'm not seeing any of that, nor do I really care. All I see is characters...talking about...hypothesis...or whatever...*yawns*. I mean I've watched plenty of action anime where characters talk, but they talked about stuff I cared about. Here it's...5 min of shit we already know...10 min of office meeting that could've just been those 5 min...and then 5 min of something new actually happening.

As any history student will know, establishing the "who, what, when, and why" of something is important. That's what Re:Creators is doing right now.

Although

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you don't like it you don't like it. I can't change that.

Dude...I'm starting to get really annoyed by how you oversimplify others' complaints.
May 6, 2017 12:58 PM
Jul 2018

Cheers for the reply. I was just pissing about with translate until I realized that it was referencing her character.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this before but Altair's uniform looks like it was loosely based off of the French 'Hussar' jacket worn predominately by Light Calvary by the military during the French Second Empire. It's also made more evident with her Tete de Lion a Crochet on-top of the Shako she's wearing which was also worn by the French Military, mostly by officers during the Second Empire.

There's also evidence to suggest that she's a Princess as her uniform could be loosely based off of Antoine-Geneviève's which had gold Epaulets who was also a Prince.

She has white hair which I believe to be due to the trend of women wearing pastel-white wigs during the 18th and 19th century in France.

The sword she uses initially with the 'Holispicon' resembles something close to a French Infantry officer saber which were issued in 1855 although it could be an ordinary saber.

IMO, I can honestly see her having a fleshed-out character arc and her intentions fully explained during the arc as we see her character growth and potential redemption. There's no reason for her to remain as a villain as she considers the narrator-boy to be an 'ally'.
removed-userMay 6, 2017 1:05 PM
May 6, 2017 1:12 PM
Apr 2016
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
firemagnet said:

As any history student will know, establishing the "who, what, when, and why" of something is important. That's what Re:Creators is doing right now.

Although

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you don't like it you don't like it. I can't change that.

Dude...I'm starting to get really annoyed by how you oversimplify others' complaints.

You are complaining about action,or rather lack of it, in a sophisticated series that takes aim at examining and explaining the connection of people to their "creation"(which is not limited to girls in short skirts), the reality and fiction clash and the lack of responsibility, at least moral, in modern society that leads to whatever the GnH is trying to do. You find that not worthy of your focus. You yearn for action, violance, destruction and chaos. How can it be ANYHOW MORE simple? As one-dimensional as it could ever be.
Just come back around episode 9 or 10. There will be WAY more of it. Just enough for you to say "rehabilitated 8/10".
May 6, 2017 1:19 PM

Feb 2015
I have to laugh at people complaining about lack of action it a 2 cour show ffs. Also it's taking time to explain whats going on and setting up its charters and situation.

I'm sure things will start to speed up now the story has been established. People need to have more patience, I thought this episode was great I'm sure next weeks episode will be rather tasty with that revelation at the end.
May 6, 2017 1:20 PM
Nov 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

You are complaining about action,or rather lack of it, in a sophisticated series that takes aim at examining and explaining the connection of people to their "creation"(which is not limited to girls in short skirts), the reality and fiction clash and the lack of responsibility, at least moral, in modern society that leads to whatever the GnH is trying to do. You find that not worthy of your focus. You yearn for action, violance, destruction and chaos. How can it be ANYHOW MORE simple? As one-dimensional as it could ever be.
Just come back around episode 9 or 10. There will be WAY more of it. Just enough for you to say "rehabilitated 8/10".

*sighs* If you actually paid attention to my original post, my complaints are a little more complicated then just, "I want action".
I've watched the crown champion, the anime exclusively KNOWN for talking entire episodes:
Mother.
Fucking.
Monogatari.
My high praise for that series on myanimelist should tell you PLENTY about my tastes.
Pacing felt much smoother, more fleshed out, there was a sense of urgency and stakes.
What you call, "sophisticated", I call, "beating the viewer over the head with info they can easily deduce and presenting it in the most pretentious and boring way possible".
May 6, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2011
Aquamirror said:
I don't think the constellation has anything to do with the story, or maybe not very much, they just wanted to show plausible search results as the name 'altair' comes from there.

The way I see it is they were close friends with Souta. Gunpuku no Himigimi is fully her creation, he is just a friend /possible lover that tried to encourage her or something. He definitely didn't draw her as he would have recognized her immediately.

Remember the pic on Souta's shelf in ep2? If I'm not mistake, that's the original concept of Military Princess. U can compare that hairstyle with the MAD in ep5.
plus, Setsuna took Souta's glasses off in memory, maybe she consulted Souta as a model when modifying Military Princess's artwork.
May 6, 2017 1:31 PM
Apr 2016
What you find boring is actually unique and entertaining to more than half viewer base. Obviously should tell you something. Why would it though it does not tell ME anything. And I did not even try watching "Monogatari" because it's concept was stupid. While this corresponds with reality of humanity quite well and has much more philosophic, and as such self-improving, value, than flashy talks(of flashy girls in short skirts, see the reference) in colourful, absurd so, scenes.
2thuriel said:
Aquamirror said:
I don't think the constellation has anything to do with the story, or maybe not very much, they just wanted to show plausible search results as the name 'altair' comes from there.

The way I see it is they were close friends with Souta. Gunpuku no Himigimi is fully her creation, he is just a friend /possible lover that tried to encourage her or something. He definitely didn't draw her as he would have recognized her immediately.

Remember the pic on Souta's shelf in ep2? If I'm not mistake, that's the original concept of Military Princess. U can compare that hairstyle with the MAD in ep5.
plus, Setsuna took Souta's glasses off in memory, maybe she consulted Souta as a model when modifying Military Princess's artwork.

Wha... how is that even legit? Consulting him as a model by taking his glasses off, in which case he can not see well and can not see the model? Either I AM too stupid and missing the logical link in this sentence, or,... you know...
It was made to show their friendship bond, if not something deeper. She casually takes his glasses for reasons unknown while smiling. That much is written into that memory scene.
May 6, 2017 1:36 PM

Oct 2012
Daniel_Naumov said:
Wha... how is that even legit? Consulting him as a model by taking his glasses off, in which case he can not see well and can not see the model? Either I AM too stupid and missing the logical link in this sentence, or,... you know...
It was made to show their friendship bond, if not something deeper. She casually takes his glasses for reasons unknown while smiling. That much is written into that memory scene.
That was my take on it as well, it felt pretty certain that they did that to imply an intimate relationship between Souta and Shimazaki. Seems a lot like a dating relationship between them, but I could be looking too deeply
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 6, 2017 1:44 PM
Nov 2016
[quote=Daniel_Naumov message=50630170]What you find boring is actually unique and entertaining to more than half viewer base. Obviously should tell you something. Why would it though it does not tell ME anything. And I did not even try watching "Monogatari" because it's concept was stupid. While this corresponds with reality of humanity quite well and has much more philosophic, and as such self-improving, value, than flashy talks(of flashy girls in short skirts, see the reference) in colourful, absurd so, scenes.

"Obviously should tell you something"
What does that tell me? That my tastes are different than others? 'Cause it's a lot more complicated than that if you check myanimelist.

"While this corresponds with reality of humanity quite well and has much more philosophic, and as such self-improving, value"
What is, "philosophical" about fictional characters being transported into the real world where they defy the laws of physics and blow shit up? That just sounds like watching a Transformers movie...without giant robots.
I also find it ironic for you to generalize Monogatari as, "flashy talks" when 1) you say you did not watch it, 2) It deals with topics like child abuse, rape, blaming others, not willing to take responsibility.
I mean "philosophy" is a bit of a hard term to define, but it basically deals with the study of life as we know it...so, form my perspective anyways, Re: Creators is not philosophical, while Monogatari is. At least moreso.
Although you have seriously generalized ME, by saying that I'm complaining about, "lack of action" when I never even MENTIONED action on this discussion.
May 6, 2017 1:46 PM

Mar 2008
May 6, 2017 1:58 PM

Jun 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
What you find boring is actually unique and entertaining to more than half viewer base. Obviously should tell you something. Why would it though it does not tell ME anything. And I did not even try watching "Monogatari" because it's concept was stupid. While this corresponds with reality of humanity quite well and has much more philosophic, and as such self-improving, value, than flashy talks(of flashy girls in short skirts, see the reference) in colourful, absurd so, scenes.
2thuriel said:

There were some close-up eye shots before Souta started searching the web, and GnH's eyes were too similar with Souta's.
What I said was Setsuna took Souta's glasses off because Setsuna wanted to have a close look of Souta's eyes. She consulted Souta as the model.

And they did have a close relationship since Setsuna just casually took it off.
May 6, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
I had a feeling the government would take action sooner or later. But dam can't wait for next episode.
May 6, 2017 2:05 PM
Jun 2011
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
I decided to be generous and give the anime another shot.
Beginning was boring as fuck...minutes of info we already knew.
Pretty cool how the military actually interferes, but all they did was talk, and nothing new was learned, really.
I have no clue what that ending scene's supposed to be though.
As I predicted, this anime REALLY is not gonna give any actual context to these JRPG knockoff characters.
Oh well, it's...kinda entertaining again...talking...about stuff..
the ending scence was about the girl who commited suicide at the first episode. souta remembered she created her
May 6, 2017 2:06 PM

Dec 2014

They only uploaded a still frame ;(
May 6, 2017 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
SpaceTheGamer said:
The Military being so cooperative and supportive is a little far-fetched, but I'm will turn a blind eye to it because I really like this show xD

TV and movies (not to mention current U.S gov) have portrayed the government as incompetent for so long that it's hard to imagine one that has tactful decisiveness like this one. Other than letting them go free at the end, they didn't' actually do anything unbelievable. Their good judgement not to roll out the military guns blazing (looking at you GATE) and actually study the situation before acting and dispelling disbelief is what a competent government would do.
May 6, 2017 2:24 PM
Aug 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:
SpaceTheGamer said:
The Military being so cooperative and supportive is a little far-fetched, but I'm will turn a blind eye to it because I really like this show xD

TV and movies (not to mention current U.S gov) have portrayed the government as incompetent for so long that it's hard to imagine one that has tactful decisiveness like this one. Other than letting them go free at the end, they didn't' actually do anything unbelievable. Their good judgement not to roll out the military guns blazing (looking at you GATE) and actually study the situation before acting and dispelling disbelief is what a competent government would do.

Well I mean the Created caused a lot of trouble, collateral damage and Meteora stoll weapons that cost fortune and they forgive them after she simply says "sorry". That's the part that mostly bugs me.
May 6, 2017 2:25 PM
Nov 2016
elior1 said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
I decided to be generous and give the anime another shot.
Beginning was boring as fuck...minutes of info we already knew.
Pretty cool how the military actually interferes, but all they did was talk, and nothing new was learned, really.
I have no clue what that ending scene's supposed to be though.
As I predicted, this anime REALLY is not gonna give any actual context to these JRPG knockoff characters.
Oh well, it's...kinda entertaining again...talking...about stuff..
the ending scence was about the girl who commited suicide at the first episode. souta remembered she created her

How do you guys remember scenes like that? Small scenes you saw WEEKS ago. Watching anime weekly is so hard.
May 6, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2015
SpaceTheGamer said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Well I mean the Created caused a lot of trouble, collateral damage and Meteora stoll weapons that cost fortune and they forgive them after she simply says "sorry". That's the part that mostly bugs me.

The collateral damage was why the 'letting them go free' part was all I couldn't believe. Also, can't really expect Meteora to reimburse them for the weapons she stole, so having her understand not to do it again is the best they can do.
May 6, 2017 2:36 PM
May 2017
Nothing special, tho interesting.

In Ep. 1 we see how someone checks out a illustrator profile name "よ一せ一". if you search this in google you can find a pdf file called "Kriegsbilder 1870/1871" which is German and means "war photos 1870/1871" . The google link goes to page 24 which describes the organisation of the German emperors marines.

I doubt that it connects, tho it is interesting, since Gunpuku no Himegimi got quite a german touch.
May 6, 2017 2:37 PM

Mar 2009
Well, at least this episode was better than last week's boring dreck.
May 6, 2017 2:44 PM
Jul 2014
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

*sighs* If you actually paid attention to my original post, my complaints are a little more complicated then just, "I want action".
I've watched the crown champion, the anime exclusively KNOWN for talking entire episodes:
Mother.
Fucking.
Monogatari.
My high praise for that series on myanimelist should tell you PLENTY about my tastes.
Pacing felt much smoother, more fleshed out, there was a sense of urgency and stakes.
What you call, "sophisticated", I call, "beating the viewer over the head with info they can easily deduce and presenting it in the most pretentious and boring way possible".

Monogatari was good, but what kept it alive was that it had okay action and the way it did the scenes was interesting.

Still, I'll agree with Naumov. You're being a bit shallow here and saying that the way the plot is explained doesn't interest you. That's fine, but keep in mind that the show is operating on the mechanic that the characters don't quite know what's going on, and so it's being explained to them.

May 6, 2017 3:28 PM

Aug 2015
This show just keeps getting better and better. The government got involved now and both parties seem to be on the same page. The ending though...
May 6, 2017 3:29 PM
Dec 2013
Okay so shes either the remains of some dead creators creation, or that creator did the character design for the MC novel.

At first I thought It was the MC's main character from his novel or manga he was writing, since altair reacted so interestingly to Sota in the first episode.

It was bloody obvious they had a connection from the start.
May 6, 2017 3:38 PM
Nov 2016
firemagnet said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Mother.
Fucking.
Monogatari.

Monogatari was good, but what kept it alive was that it had okay action and the way it did the scenes was interesting.

Still, I'll agree with Naumov. You're being a bit shallow here and saying that the way the plot is explained doesn't interest you. That's fine, but keep in mind that the show is operating on the mechanic that the characters don't quite know what's going on, and so it's being explained to them.

"that the show is operating on the mechanic that the characters don't quite know what's going on, and so it's being explained to them."
That's literally almost ever story in existence.
How am I being shallow? Is it because I don't have an essay that's prepared to argue like a Supreme Court Case?
Dragged out pacing, scenes where characters are JUST exchanging some info bores me, ESPECIALLY when it's about info that I already know! Like the first 5 minutes of the ep, dedicated to explaining what's going on that we already know, to another character, but instead of jump cutting to the characters already having explained the plot of the anime, I have to watch 5 minutes being told what the plot is! I don't care! Why not use those 5 minutes showing the perspective of the villains?
I don't want to see characters talk about teaming up with the government and being explained that collateral damage is happening, when that shit could be explained in 5 minutes.
Again, you are generalizing someone else's reasoning, just like Fai's.
AnimeFanboy1234May 6, 2017 3:47 PM
May 6, 2017 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
After reading all of the comments and digesting a bit.
I think I'm starting to see the full picture.

The revenge of MUP/GnH/Altair.

She realized how the world hated her creator, despite so much passion being put into her, the world still hated her creator, she was stolen from her. From her point of view, her creator was her Goddess, and the other Gods ultimately killed her Goddess, meaning her story, her world, would never be finished.

She'd be left stranded in an unfinished world, doomed to rot. The Suicide of Shinozaki somehow conected her to the real world, she learned the truth. And she saw the bigger picture.

The more stories are created, the more characters wil suffer, and entire world will be left unfinished.

So she decided to end all worlds for once, that's her very own catharsis. Her world wil never be finished. And that's because the cruelty of this world.
______

Seriously, this anime is fucking brilliant, I'm really loving every episode so far, the writting is so good, how the Characters behave once they learn they were fictional, and how the relationship between characters and authors develops varies according to their stories. And, how the real world cannot stabilize itself after being exposed to fiction.

________

On the Fridge Logic side.... why Altair/GnP/MUP just doesn't bring the more overpowered villians she finds to destroy this world? Is she just bringing characters she sees on ads?

If she can control who she brings...she could bring high-tier monsters and just fuck us all.

Imagine if characters like Esdeath, Gilgamesh, Carol Malus Dienheim, Aizen, or Cell just appeared on Earth...
May 6, 2017 3:54 PM

Jun 2013
the new kid is such a brat i already dislike him
May 6, 2017 4:29 PM

Sep 2009
Kerozinn said:
i might get alot of hate for this but this show is sooo fucking boring 5 episodes in and i really strongly dislike meteora and her voice.

im out. drop.

Bye Felicia......
May 6, 2017 4:39 PM
Nov 2015
what a twist the military know what happen and make ack to avoid more damage.

i like it finally a plot.
May 6, 2017 4:40 PM

May 2016
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
firemagnet said:

"that the show is operating on the mechanic that the characters don't quite know what's going on, and so it's being explained to them."
How am I being shallow? Is it because I don't have an essay that's prepared to argue like a Supreme Court Case?
Dragged out pacing, scenes where characters are JUST exchanging some info bores me, ESPECIALLY when it's about info that I already know! Like the first 5 minutes of the ep, dedicated to explaining what's going on that we already know, to another character, but instead of jump cutting to the characters already having explained the plot of the anime, I have to watch 5 minutes being told what the plot is! I don't care! Why not use those 5 minutes showing the perspective of the villains?
I don't want to see characters talk about teaming up with the government and being explained that collateral damage is happening, when that shit could be explained in 5 minutes.

I am actually glad they took the time to show that the government has caught on to all the crap that is happening in the city, one of the problems I had with Fate/zero and the other series of the same franchise is that there is all these destruction going on and nobody else seem to give a crap about it
May 6, 2017 4:43 PM
Nov 2016
-Abyss_Walker- said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

I am actually glad they took the time to show that the government has caught on to all the crap that is happening in the city, one of the problems I had with Fate/zero and the other series of the same franchise is that there is all these destruction going on and nobody else seem to give a crap about it

I should've been more clear. I actually wasn't exactly bored with the scene with the government. The fact that for ONCE the government actually uses their BRAIN when a supernatural thing occurs (instead of bringing fucking tanks and killing everyone, looking at you Gate). Just that a lot of the stuff they talked about wasn't that interesting.
Well, the scene wasn't anywhere near as boring as Meteora's 10 min monologue from the last ep.
May 6, 2017 4:50 PM
Jul 2014
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
firemagnet said:

I'm actually not generalizing your reasoning, since your reasoning is simple; the subjects being discussed or examined in this anime do not interest you, you feel that the anime is moving to slowly, and therefore you want more action or to see what the other side is doing. Or more action.

I don't care!

Your view of this anime and its plot in two words.

I don't want to see characters talk about teaming up with the government and being explained that collateral damage is happening

Then you missed the point of that discussion which was: "actions have consequences and, more importantly such actions will not be tolerated."

Also in this episode's discussions:

--get in the fucking robot, Shinji

--consequences and social impact of creators imparting specific personalities to their creations (see: Rui Kanoya's tantrum, Alisteria's creator).

--more expansion on the undoing of the universe, pointing out that "by the time someone sees cracks, it'll be too late, so we need to start acting now"

--the logical consequences of trying to pick a fight with a government when said government is trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

--We're given a timeline of what's going on.

--redirection of the plot's focus onto Gunpuku no Himegimi and her team.

And I will repeat myself the upteenth time: you know what's going on, but the characters don't. So, if fleshing out the universe, imparting motivation to the next segment of the plot. Those discussions are also, I might add, being used to introduce the character and flesh out their personality by showing how they react to information and various situations. The way the characters interact with the world and with each other is the device that is being used to move the plot forward more than events or fights.

If this is boring to you, so much so that you come here to complain over and over again, then might I suggest that you watch something else? After all, you did say that you "don't care" about the heroes and their motivations, or how they arrive at their conclusions and reasoning for action.

May 6, 2017 4:55 PM

Sep 2013
As much as I love this show, it's a difficult recommend to the more casual watchers outside of the first episode (just look at the recent reviews; the lowest hanging fruit always rises to the top). Although it seems like they've gone through the majority of the pre-context for the story within the first five episodes, I'm more than sure that they'll start to twist it further around the end of the season, this is like 22 episodes for a reason.
May 6, 2017 4:55 PM
Jul 2014
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

I should've been more clear. I actually wasn't exactly bored with the scene with the government. The fact that for ONCE the government actually uses their BRAIN when a supernatural thing occurs (instead of bringing fucking tanks and killing everyone, looking at you Gate). Just that a lot of the stuff they talked about wasn't that interesting.
Well, the scene wasn't anywhere near as boring as Meteora's 10 min monologue from the last ep.

Not interesting for you, but necessary for the plot, unless all you want is generic revelations in the middle of fights.

Also in GATE's defense, they had a period of several months that weren't shown in the show, where they actually went through those sorts of deliberations.

Then again, GATE was written by a very nationalistic former member of the JSDF, so the tone and purpose are different.
May 6, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2015
Great episode, things are slowly getting really good. And honestly, that ending after the ED and credits gave me the goosebumps.

May 6, 2017 5:08 PM
Nov 2016
firemagnet said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

I'm actually not generalizing your reasoning, since your reasoning is simple; the subjects being discussed or examined in this anime do not interest you, you feel that the anime is moving to slowly, and therefore you want more action or to see what the other side is doing. Or more action.

I don't care!

Your view of this anime and its plot in two words.

I don't want to see characters talk about teaming up with the government and being explained that collateral damage is happening

Then you missed the point of that discussion which was: "actions have consequences and, more importantly such actions will not be tolerated."

Also in this episode's discussions:

--get in the fucking robot, Shinji

--consequences and social impact of creators imparting specific personalities to their creations (see: Rui Kanoya's tantrum, Alisteria's creator).

--more expansion on the undoing of the universe, pointing out that "by the time someone sees cracks, it'll be too late, so we need to start acting now"

--the logical consequences of trying to pick a fight with a government when said government is trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

--We're given a timeline of what's going on.

--redirection of the plot's focus onto Gunpuku no Himegimi and her team.

And I will repeat myself the upteenth time: you know what's going on, but the characters don't. So, if fleshing out the universe, imparting motivation to the next segment of the plot. Those discussions are also, I might add, being used to introduce the character and flesh out their personality by showing how they react to information and various situations. The way the characters interact with the world and with each other is the device that is being used to move the plot forward more than events or fights.

If this is boring to you, so much so that you come here to complain over and over again, then might I suggest that you watch something else? After all, you did say that you "don't care" about the heroes and their motivations, or how they arrive at their conclusions and reasoning for action.

"you want more action or to see what the other side is doing. Or more action."
I want the anime to have more AGENCY: more DO, not necessarily fight. By DO, I mean, like search for other characters, try to monitor them, talk to them, etc. Or else, why do you think I gave Fate/Zero a 10/10 on my anime list?

"Your view of this anime and its plot in two words."
You are generalizing me. My feelings towards the anime are more complex than that.

"Then you missed the point of that discussion which was: "actions have consequences and, more importantly such actions will not be tolerated.""
Generalizing me, again. This time cutting out what I'm say. You cut out the part where I said, "for 10 minutes, when it could've been done within 5 minutes".

"to introduce the character and flesh out their personality by showing how they react to information and various situations. "
Nothing about the way they "reacted" to everything being told, told me anything new about their personalities.

"you know what's going on, but the characters don't"
Actually, I know as much as the characters. What I don't want, is them spending 10 minutes like in last ep, on something that can be cut down to 5. What I want, is for the characters to actually go out and TAKE ACTION. In the first 5 min, I didn't need to see that other creator whatever his name is, being TOLD what I already know. When a scene like that occurs in other anime, it is cut to when a character is told info the audience already knows, THEN show their reaction.

I am only responding to other people. "complain over and over again". Every time someone responds to me, I try to say something a little different, maybe EXPAND my reasoning. This is a discussion board, I have every right to talk here as long as I am staying on topic, not trolling, and/or not spamming. You are generalizing me by saying that I am ONLY complaining, when, if you actually pay attention to my posts, I've given either a new opinion, and/or expanded another one.
May 6, 2017 5:10 PM
Nov 2016
firemagnet said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Not interesting for you, but necessary for the plot, unless all you want is generic revelations in the middle of fights.

Also in GATE's defense, they had a period of several months that weren't shown in the show, where they actually went through those sorts of deliberations.

Then again, GATE was written by a very nationalistic former member of the JSDF, so the tone and purpose are different.

There you go again, generalizing me! Maybe instead of saying, "It's necessary for the plot, unless all you want is generic revelations in the middle of fights", maybe you should be asking me, "How could the anime have executed this that would interest you".
Again, assuming that all I want is action.
May 6, 2017 5:30 PM
Jul 2014
In other news:

Someone over on reddit properly translated all of the web comments surrounding MUP/Gunpuku no Himegimi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/69lja0/spoilers_recreators_episode_5_discussion/dh7rs8j/

"The thread says: -Where did Altair's saber come from? -Why a pigtail princess -The military uniform design is cute - moe, her design stands out from other characters I like

It seems Shimazaki Setsuna wrote the World Etude as like an AU or doujin spin off of the original. Trying to read the words in the video description for World Etude, but it's very small. It says something like "I used to like writing and I was very happy that people supported me. A lot of things have happened. At the mere___, was the start of it.

This is Shimazaki Setsuna's __. I suppose there will no longer _."

Some of the video comments say "the uploader's comment is scary ," "what a godly song," "I can't get enough of this setting," "I want her to step on me," "I keep repeating it," "a military uniform and saber," "Hey, what kind of feeling are you feeling" and there's another comment that talks about antis who bashed her.

Some of the tags on the video include, Altair, Beginning of a Legend, Godly Song, Shimazaki Setsuna, 二次創作 (which is a derivative work, so in this case it seems it's like a fan spinoff), pigtail princess, military uniform, almost an original character.

In Setsuna's last post it says "This is my new work, as I mentioned before, giving a star's name...This is probably the last one. Thank you for loving this character...Good bye." "

Essentially, Gunpuku no Himegimi is an original character created from a doujin of another series called "Yuukyuu Taisen Mega Crossfire,"

May 6, 2017 5:40 PM
Jul 2014
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
firemagnet said:

There you go again, generalizing me! Maybe instead of saying, "It's necessary for the plot, unless all you want is generic revelations in the middle of fights", maybe you should be asking me, "How could the anime have executed this that would interest you".

Asking you how you would have done it is not worth the time, as it makes no difference either way.

If you were actually interested in the anime and analyzing it critically, you would have made your thoughts clear on how it could have been made better, pointing out what did and didn't work in the first place. You didn't do that. Instead you devoted your posts to commenting that the show was "boring." From your first post in this thread, it's quite clear that you weren't paying attention; otherwise, that ending scene with Souta on his PC would have made sense to you.
May 6, 2017 5:41 PM

Dec 2016
That was funny when Selesia got rejected, her reaction was great.

It was only a matter of time before the government would contact them, it's not like you can go around and use magic without anyone noticing.

I'm very impressed by the way that Meteora is able to calmly able to deal with whatever sitaution they are put in.

Looks like we might get to learn more about Gunpuku soon, the girl that killed herself at the start of this show was her creator by the looks of it.
May 6, 2017 5:51 PM
Nov 2016
firemagnet said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:

Asking you how you would have done it is not worth the time, as it makes no difference either way.

If you were actually interested in the anime and analyzing it critically, you would have made your thoughts clear on how it could have been made better, pointing out what did and didn't work in the first place. You didn't do that. Instead you devoted your posts to commenting that the show was "boring." From your first post in this thread, it's quite clear that you weren't paying attention; otherwise, that ending scene with Souta on his PC would have made sense to you.

I never said anything about trying to analyze or critique. I post on MAL to dicuss what my thoughts are, why I feel the way they do, and see others' perspectives, in the hopes that a negative perspective I have, may become something positive. I have noticed many people online responding to others with the pre-assumption that the person is ready to argue. Picking a MAL discussion of all places to "critique" is one of the dumbest things I could do.

" Instead you devoted your posts to commenting that the show was "boring"
Again, you are generalizing me. I didn't JUST say that the anime was boring, I elaborated.
"From your first post in this thread, it's quite clear that you weren't paying attention; otherwise, that ending scene with Souta on his PC would have made sense to you"

Another generalization: rather than consider, "Hmm, maybe this person just was confused?" You decide to quickly come to an easy conclusion as, "this person was not paying attention".
May 6, 2017 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
good episode the government was pretty grounded surprised they wanted to work together instead of wanting to capture and lock em up.

but boy is MC-kun non-existed up till the ending hes been over shadowed by everyone
May 6, 2017 6:39 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing episode.
May 6, 2017 7:13 PM
Jul 2014
DeadeyeReViVal said:
That ending got me into a SHOCKED like this:

Honestly the reason why I had that reaction is because I knew there was CERTAIN connection between Sota and mysterious girl how they recognize each other while I was watching this episode, there are so many reasons why she killed herself and then transferred into anime character and why is she doing this.

According to TV tropes,

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/ReCreators

Gunpuku no Himegimi's real name is "Saber." The name of the video she originates from (As created by Setsuna) is "Altair: World Etude."

AnimeFanboy1234 said:
firemagnet said:

I never said anything about trying to analyze or critique. I post on MAL to dicuss what my thoughts are, why I feel the way they do, and see others' perspectives, in the hopes that a negative perspective I have, may become something positive. I have noticed many people online responding to others with the pre-assumption that the person is ready to argue. Picking a MAL discussion of all places to "critique" is one of the dumbest things I could do.

" Instead you devoted your posts to commenting that the show was "boring"
Again, you are generalizing me. I didn't JUST say that the anime was boring, I elaborated.
"From your first post in this thread, it's quite clear that you weren't paying attention; otherwise, that ending scene with Souta on his PC would have made sense to you"

Another generalization: rather than consider, "Hmm, maybe this person just was confused?" You decide to quickly come to an easy conclusion as, "this person was not paying attention".

From your post, it's quite clear that you were either skipping over or skimming large sections of the plot because the discussions and their format bored you. Thus, you weren't paying attention. That's not being confused. Being confused would be if you had seen all of the information, but you gave no indication that you had.

I elaborated

What you said was this:

I'm not seeing any of that, nor do I really care. All I see is characters...talking about...hypothesis...or whatever...*yawns*. I mean I've watched plenty of action anime where characters talk, but they talked about stuff I cared about.

You're not paying attention, because the show as a whole, particularly the way it presents itself, bores you. So it's not surprising that when you turn your mind off, you're going to miss critical plot points and explanations.

You should really go back and read what you write; it's abundantly clear that the show simply does not interest you, to the point that you're not paying attention. So much so that when you actually try to defend your opinion, you only reinforce that conclusion about yourself. Thus, I'm going to reuse Daniel_Naumov's quote here, since what he said hit the nail on the head:

Gqz said:

Cheers for the reply. I was just pissing about with translate until I realized that it was referencing her character.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this before but Altair's uniform looks like it was loosely based off of the French 'Hussar' jacket worn predominately by Light Calvary by the military during the French Second Empire. It's also made more evident with her Tete de Lion a Crochet on-top of the Shako she's wearing which was also worn by the French Military, mostly by officers during the Second Empire.

There's also evidence to suggest that she's a Princess as her uniform could be loosely based off of Antoine-Geneviève's which had gold Epaulets who was also a Prince.

She has white hair which I believe to be due to the trend of women wearing pastel-white wigs during the 18th and 19th century in France.

The sword she uses initially with the 'Holispicon' resembles something close to a French Infantry officer saber which were issued in 1855 although it could be an ordinary saber.

IMO, I can honestly see her having a fleshed-out character arc and her intentions fully explained during the arc as we see her character growth and potential redemption. There's no reason for her to remain as a villain as she considers the narrator-boy to be an 'ally'.

According to TV Tropes, her real name is "Saber." "Altair: World Etude" is the name of the video-doujin that she's from, which is based off of another series. Until we hear this confirmed in the upcoming episodes, though, it could be either or both.

I can honestly see her having a fleshed-out character arc and her intentions fully explained during the arc as we see her character growth and potential redemption

That might be possible, though I don't believe that she's been planned that way. All of what we've seen so far seems to suggest that she knows exactly what she's doing. Rather, I suspect that she'll be used later on for Souta to come to terms with himself as a creator, as well as to examine how this knowledge will affect his relationships with those around him.

With the way things are progressing now, though, it seems like a lot of what has been set up by this episode (essentially government approval to draw Altair/Saber/Gunpuku no Himegimi out into the open and fight her) could be over by episode 11. Which begs the question of what major revelation will add new impetus to the plot afterwards. It would certainly be interesting if Setsuna were still alive somehow. After all, we have been shown that she can communicate with Setsuna in some way.
May 6, 2017 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
Ok look i keep saying that world building is necessary and it still is. this episode was still needed and in a way it gave off a bit of a more realisitc approach.

however at the same time i can see why a lot of people might get bored with so much talk and all.

The main flaw i am seeing with this series right now is that the people who wrote it are focusing to much on the world building and not enough on the action and progression of the story. they need to balance those two together and not just focus to much on one thing and not enough on the other.

Well with that said. even if a lot of people might drop this (which is sad) i decided to stick to it, till the end. I just like it :)
May 6, 2017 7:27 PM
Jul 2012
Hate the fact that they place anime creators in higher order than the novelists. It should the other way, but hey it's a anime made by anime creators so of course they would sweeten themselves. Damn cowards and narcissists. Sure anime may be more popular but who gives a fuck? That's an a argument for this reality bending phenomenon? Popularity? If so then facebook stories would made a potato of their world.
Not to mention cringe worthy "anime" characters. Celestia and that emotionless walking book Meteora who is a poor excuse for human. Even animals show more emotions that her, with no offense for animals.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.