Forum Settings
Forums

So my friend thinks that all anime fans are pedos

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 3, 2017 2:53 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
So yeah, my friend is like "Yeah, I don't like anime because it's full of 'waifus' that you'd go to jail if you actually had them as your waifu, and all of the fans are like "Huehuehue, 13 year old girls awwyeah.'"
But from what I've seen on MAL, this doesn't seem too far-fetched a belief. Opinions?

I guess he's right, for now on I think so

May 3, 2017 5:14 AM

Jun 2015
Isn't that spot on?? >2009 and still asks this question....

?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 3, 2017 7:27 AM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
I bet your friend also uses phrases like 'real music'. Tell him his no-fun mentality won't necessarily produce great philosophical works.

He does, but he's not a philosophical guy.

Illyricus said:
I don't know if this phrase is bait or not, but it's really hilarious, to be honest.

Honestly, he was trolling me, but I couldn't find it in myself to deny that a significant amount of anime contains underaged waifus.

flannan said:

I like anime in part because it's full of lovable girls. That's not all there is to anime, but that's a valid form of appeal. It surely gives it an edge over the western ugliness like Ren and Stumpy that they started to show on TV when I was a teenager, so my transition to anime is not surprising.

I would be fine if the girls were closer to my age, say 25+ years old, but many of the younger fans would not appreciate that.

But your friend's statement is hypocritical. Your western movies have good-looking women too, even in the roles that don't need them to be good-looking. And they have teenage girls and children too, all 3d and picked for their good looks.

It's not remotely hypocritical lol. Sure, Hollywood is all about good looks, but there's nothing equivalent to loli "ecchi" anime.

Kuma said:
pedos is like least fucked up thing in medium soo... i prefer them to keep thingking that way...

Really? What's worse...?

Philosophy is tied to fun and fun is, by definition, a good thing. Does your friend have any time for fun?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 3, 2017 8:18 AM

Sep 2010
Cut the head of a 13y old waifu doll and make him eat it, than her soul will eat his and problem solved, next.
May 3, 2017 8:40 AM

Jan 2017
Well you can probably call them borderline pedophiles xD

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

May 3, 2017 10:26 AM

Dec 2016
I thought threads like this would get deleted on MAL.
May 3, 2017 11:25 AM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Your friend is 100% correct.... QwQ
May 3, 2017 11:26 AM
Mar 2017
Ame said:

So you're a pedophile?
That's what you're saying basically.
May 3, 2017 11:37 AM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
AyameTomoko said:
Ame said:

So you're a pedophile?
That's what you're saying basically.

Yes, but don't expose me like that.

Oi, learn to take a joke mate. Smh.
May 3, 2017 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
Huehuehue, 13 year old girls awwyeah ...
May 3, 2017 1:48 PM
Shukumeironja

Feb 2017
I suggest having your friend consider the possibility that some fans are actually teleios rather than pedos.

May 3, 2017 2:33 PM

May 2010
It's obviously not all, but there are a lot of pedos among anime fans. Anime is the only thing I can think of where that's considered acceptable. In American shows, there's rarely any fan service with underage girls. In anime, there almost always is. It's pretty weird when you think about it.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
May 3, 2017 3:39 PM

Apr 2017
I think the friend is just running his mouth, but it's true.
How do you define a Waifu?
I just like for example Lucy from Elfenlied and Light from Deathnote (Yeah I know, total clichée series/mangas) and Tanya from Youjo Senki (Yeah I know, as a German I should feel bad about WW1) as well as the red-head from Steins;Gate but I don't have dakimakuras of them, nor do I see them as a living thing.

I just like the characters and using them as wallpapers or profile pictures (like here) and watch their animes. I can partly identify with them, so what?

Lucy is kinda a loli, and Tanya the Evil definitly is. So what?
They are damn drawn characters, it's a fantasy story, if they can't differ reality from fantasy, your friends are rather foolish.

May 3, 2017 3:47 PM

Feb 2016
Just tell them about the people that not all anime fans are Lolicons (like in the actual sense) and in fact if anything, a lot of people seem Anti-Loli.

As for the issue regarding the sexualization of minors in general, it's just a cultural thing for better or for worse. I wouldn't go as far as Vice New's report on enjo-kosai (the part about one guy claiming Japan is the most misogynistic country in the first world especially made me have a love-hate relationship with that report) ,but honestly Americans aren't always angelic either when it comes to teenagers and sex in the media just not the same degree as Japan.
May 3, 2017 3:53 PM

May 2015
I suggest that you show your friend this so that he can understand.
May 3, 2017 4:00 PM

Sep 2016
People who take the waifu thing seriously at all, or people that THINK it's meant to be serious are akin to the folks getting mad when people say "Cory in the House is Best Anime"...there is an element of humor here that is being missed.

ANY circle is going to have people who

a) Take things WAY too seriously
b) Have nothing else going on in life
c) Are failing in some life basics (job, hygiene, social skills, etc.)
d) Basically make all the fans of said medium completely and totally ashamed of them

This is true of musicians, comic book fans, movie buffs, craft beer enthusiasts, fitness fanatics, political activists, religious folks, and the list goes WAAAAY on. Judge the medium for what it is, not who the fanbase is. If you like anime, but not the community, then don't participate in the F-ing community events like conventions, forums, etc. REALLY simple lol
May 3, 2017 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
There is some seriously questionable stuff within the Japanese entertainment industry, not just anime, and I don't think anyone can deny that much.

Doesn't make us all pedos, of course. Just something to think about.
May 3, 2017 4:26 PM

Sep 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
MortalMelancholy said:

He does, but he's not a philosophical guy.

Honestly, he was trolling me, but I couldn't find it in myself to deny that a significant amount of anime contains underaged waifus.

It's not remotely hypocritical lol. Sure, Hollywood is all about good looks, but there's nothing equivalent to loli "ecchi" anime.

Really? What's worse...?

Philosophy is tied to fun and fun is, by definition, a good thing. Does your friend have any time for fun?

Philosophy is tied to thought and reasoning. Fun is tied to endorphins.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 3, 2017 4:32 PM

Aug 2016
Mitenmujin said:
Just tell them about the people that not all anime fans are Lolicons (like in the actual sense) and in fact if anything, a lot of people seem Anti-Loli.

As for the issue regarding the sexualization of minors in general, it's just a cultural thing for better or for worse. I wouldn't go as far as Vice New's report on enjo-kosai (the part about one guy claiming Japan is the most misogynistic country in the first world especially made me have a love-hate relationship with that report) ,but honestly Americans aren't always angelic either when it comes to teenagers and sex in the media just not the same degree as Japan.

Have you guys ever heard of American child beauty pageants? Literally a pedo's wet dream. At least in Anime it's fictional.
May 3, 2017 7:04 PM

Jul 2012
I like reading doujins involving lolis
May 3, 2017 7:59 PM

Apr 2017
MortalMelancholy said:
So yeah, my friend is like "Yeah, I don't like anime because it's full of 'waifus' that you'd go to jail if you actually had them as your waifu, and all of the fans are like "Huehuehue, 13 year old girls awwyeah.'"
But from what I've seen on MAL, this doesn't seem too far-fetched a belief. Opinions?

Embrace the pedoness huehuehuehuehue
May 3, 2017 9:17 PM

Apr 2017
Pedophiles? Noooooo! Us anime fans are Schediaphiles, that's much worse! You flatter me!

Anime List I love recommendations!

May 3, 2017 11:40 PM

Aug 2016
Quite right, dont ya think?

Lolicons~~~~

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 4, 2017 12:00 AM

Jun 2008
This is part of that "post-irony" era anime fans are in...

We're just being unironically ironic about everything.

Hell, anime fans are being ironic about being anime fans!
May 4, 2017 1:38 AM

Oct 2014
it makes me laugh but it's true to some extent. Extreme otaku's are like that. I even read a news about a fucking otaku who stalks an idol until she get frustated and he decided to stab her.
May 4, 2017 8:12 AM

Oct 2014
I mean, he is mostly right, ya know :p

Everyone on this page, except me, seems like a pedo
May 4, 2017 8:21 AM
Mar 2017
Shrimperor said:

Nah you're a pedophile.
You have Illya from the fate series as your top favorite.
She's a loli, so therefore you're a pedophile.
NoobAsian said:
Pedos who will buy body pillows so they can marry their "underage" waifus.

15 is one year under the age of consent where I live, but just because my waifu is of that age, doesn't mean I'm a pedophile.
KyokisamaMay 4, 2017 8:24 AM
May 4, 2017 8:38 AM

Oct 2014
AyameTomoko said:
Shrimperor said:

Nah you're a pedophile.

I am an Illyacon, not a Loli-con. And Illya is 18 :p
May 4, 2017 8:40 AM
Mar 2017
Shrimperor said:
AyameTomoko said:

Nah you're a pedophile.

She's a loli still.
She has the body of a child.
That makes you a pedophilic lolicon.
Now go to jail, and don't collect $200.
May 4, 2017 8:58 AM

Aug 2015
Shrimperor said:
AyameTomoko said:

Nah you're a pedophile.

duh age doesn't mean anything in fiction like this. If she has a child body, then she is a child.
I like the term Illyacon though.

AyameTomoko said:
Shrimperor said:

She's a loli still.
Pretty sure a lot of people who love Illya are loving her character with no any relation to sexual attraction. *points at Illya thread in HF's subforum as an evidence*
May 4, 2017 8:59 AM

Oct 2014
AyameTomoko said:
Shrimperor said:

She's a loli still.

atleast i am not a furry along being an Illyacon.
May 4, 2017 9:00 AM

Nov 2012
MortalMelancholy said:

Show your friend this video:

May 4, 2017 9:08 AM

Mar 2017
I've seen to many profile layouts with ass and tits to not believe him
May 4, 2017 9:12 AM

Aug 2015
AyameTomoko said:
Shrimperor said:

Nah you're a pedophile.

So if liking lolis automatically makes you a pedo, would liking her (see below) make you a pedo? Bear in mind the term is more adherent to age than it is to looks.

AyameTomoko said:
NoobAsian said:
Pedos who will buy body pillows so they can marry their "underage" waifus.

15 is one year under the age of consent where I live, but just because my waifu is of that age, doesn't mean I'm a pedophile.

Not sure if you're a glutton for bait or enjoy playing along with the joke...
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
May 4, 2017 9:26 AM
Mar 2017
@MEoD,
@NoobAsian,

Guys, I'm a lolicon.
I was just fucking with him.

But to be fair, I did fall for NoobAsian's bait. I'll admit that much.
I should have known better since he's a part of the ecchi club.
May 4, 2017 9:47 AM

Feb 2010
IcecreamDrew said:

If there's ass and tits it's not a proper loli tho.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 4, 2017 10:06 AM

Mar 2017
Pullman said:
IcecreamDrew said:

If there's ass and tits it's not a proper loli tho.

also, and mainly... loli's

characterlimimimimi
May 4, 2017 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Well I mean he kinda isn't wrong? Lolicons.....
May 4, 2017 12:19 PM
Mar 2017
Sugariri said:
Well I mean he kinda isn't wrong? Lolicons.....

And I'm guessing you consider yourself one because he did say all anime fans, right?
Also lolicons aren't pedophiles, just in case you aren't being sarcastic.
May 4, 2017 1:21 PM

Jun 2016
Does he know you're an anime fan? If so, make sure your friendship doesn't end like this.

May 4, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2017
I f*cking enjoy lolis in Animes and Mangas.
Just think about Tanya the Evil from Youjo Senki. It doubles the fun to know that it is a seven to ten years old kid who wipes out the enemy armies.

And still I never had a GF at the same age or younger than me.
May 4, 2017 2:15 PM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Philosophy is tied to thought and reasoning. Fun is tied to endorphins.

So far in my studying of philosophy, it's big fun. It means rational, challenging and engaging discussions. One way to connect to people is these serious conversations.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 24, 3:39 AM

Mar 2023
So the OP friend thinks he is a friend with a pedophile?
Feb 24, 7:03 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Fun fact 1: most men are secretly ph3d0s. There are studies that sample anonymously thousands of men and the general consensus is that men find 14-17yo girls more attractive than any other age group.

Fun fact 2: people love to pretend like they're not ph3d0s, but an average american woman loses virginity at 17.3yo, while an average american man loses it at 17.0yo. This is the average, so it's safe to assume at least a third of the population loses their v-card at 16 or younger. Conclusion? Most people alive are ph3d0s.
Feb 24, 7:45 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked

Anime Discussion Rules: 5. Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Can you distinguish reality from fiction?

tappioca - 9 hours ago

19 by Paul »»
29 seconds ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime

ST63LTH - 7 hours ago

30 by Cammell »»
54 seconds ago

» If Anime dies in the future, what would be the likely cause?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

16 by tchitchouan »»
3 minutes ago

» Best black haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 25

57 by Starfallash »»
3 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

70 by LANARp-0470 »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.