Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2017 1:00 PM

May 2010
I have now reached 70 days on MAL. Is this considered high, low, or medium? Seems like low or medium to me. I guess most people spend more time on new shows and less on re-watches.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Apr 20, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2016
I'm at 59.1 so you're officially a bigger weeb than I am.
jk But I think that counts as mediocre, seeing some users have way more days tallied than we lowly plebeians do.
Apr 20, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
Dunno, I've seen people with more than 1k days, we are just starting.
It also depends on when you started watching, considering you've been a member of MAL since 2010 I'd say you are a casual watcher, nothing bad with that though.
Apr 20, 2017 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
I have 77 and to me it sounds like a lot but by comparison to a lot of people on this site it doesn't even seem like much. I guess probably medium. With my 77 days I've completed over 1000 anime which makes my time seem like very little compared to how long most people would take to get that many completed anime.
Apr 20, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2013
It depends on your age and when you started watching anime.

I see no reason for counting the days though, what matters is did you enjoy that time or not I mean was it worth it or not .
Apr 20, 2017 1:54 PM

Apr 2014
High days and low anime count is the golden ratio
it means you spent a lot of time on one show (on average)
instead of having it filled with 4000 entries of movies which are worth about 2 hours a piece
70 in 184 is pretty good :]
May 6, 2017 2:20 PM

May 2010
And now I'm up to 71 already. I've been doing well over the last 16 days...
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
May 6, 2017 2:51 PM

Aug 2009
Do you even watch anime? Get on my level scrubs.

It's not a competition though, I've been through phases where I watch no anime at all, but in general I usually find at least a few things worth watching each season.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 6, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
Probably closer to medium than low. I would say it falls in the range where a person would be considered active but not enough that it is considered a lot.
May 6, 2017 6:39 PM

May 2010
Great quote in your signature, lonewolf. I really like what I've heard of Nietzsche but I've never actually read him. I need to make time for that...

May 6, 2017 6:51 PM

May 2010
Something else I noticed is that I've seen almost exactly one episode of anime per day on average in the 11.5 years since I started watching anime, which does seem very low to me. But that doesn't take into account the numerous and repeated rewatches I've done in that time.

May 6, 2017 7:06 PM

Aug 2016
I've only got 17 days haha. I think you'd be around average on MAL, OP. But what's important is enjoying the anime you're watching, not like those people who've been making threads about speeding up their anime to get the most watched.
May 6, 2017 7:31 PM

Feb 2008
It's slightly below average. 100 days is a good middle point, and 200 days / 1000 completed is about when someone has seen 'a lot' of anime, from my perspective.
May 7, 2017 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
Mhhh... 70 days in MAL seems like you're ready to face it huh...

No worries, I know you've lived far too long in reality...
May 7, 2017 4:31 PM
Feb 2017
You're pretty much a full fledged weeb now.
May 7, 2017 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
I think 70 days is in the middle of low and medium :L Though some people would consider that medium.

I have 187.1 days on anime and 115.3 days on manga; 302.4 days total though I want to get it higher.
May 7, 2017 6:54 PM

Jul 2013
85 days for anime, 51 days for manga. But that's mostly because I watched some long running shows and put a bunch of stuff on hold for a few months.
May 7, 2017 7:09 PM
May 2016
Only on 18 at this stage so 70 is pretty high from my perspective lol well done ^_^
Oct 10, 2017 4:36 PM

May 2010
Now it's 80. It's been a busy 6 months.

Oct 10, 2017 7:37 PM

Jul 2017
Statistic wise? I'd guess you're an average weeb. Opinion? Any amount of days is too many.
Oct 10, 2017 8:10 PM

Aug 2016
Well, pretty high compared to me, but I spend more time singing, voice acting, cosplaying and making art about the shows rather then actually watching them lol.
Heya, I'm Mystic, the NSFW voice actress & anime girl streamer!
https://twitter.com/MagicalMysticVA
https://discord.gg/uy6vSyH

More topics from this board

» Weirdest movie

spaceslut - Sep 18, 2022

29 by Rhae »»
52 minutes ago

» How much soda do you drink in a week?

HunteerX - Today

27 by DoctorWasabi »»
1 hour ago

» what would you do if you had infinite money? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

73 by DoctorWasabi »»
1 hour ago

» how do you guys cope with loneliness? (instead of playing video games, listening to music, watching anime and tv shows/movies) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 31, 2023

64 by ZeroMajor12 »»
1 hour ago

» Your Top 3 non-anime movies

60D - Mar 10, 2021

8 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.