Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 21, 2017 9:00 AM

May 2009
So good, but I'm afraid that dumb generic tomboy will ruin everything.
Apr 21, 2017 9:33 AM

Jan 2015
This is so cute! I love the animation and the soundtrack, and the voice acting feels so good to listen to. Like the last one, the chapter was bittersweet with some cute moments until the end, where it was so heartwarming. Her saying the moon was beautiful and then smiling was so cute!!! I was caught off guard with Kotarou asking her out at the end, I hope she says yes!

If they become a couple so early, I think they'll explore the whole moving away thing. I mean, the school year is not even halfway through yet, so it's not going to be immediate, but I think it'll happen eventually. I cannot wait for next episode!
Apr 21, 2017 9:43 AM
Aug 2015
Can someone please tell me why the Art is pretty but the animation is so damn awful?
Apr 21, 2017 9:47 AM
Dec 2012
zenmodeman said:
kaaamos said:

Realism? LOL.

The girl would be done with him after that message because he doesn't have "attitude", she would never have taken the first step of going to meet him out of the blue and also she would have started dating that stud guy waaay before. To top it off, she would give some slight hints to Curly-kun to keep him in orbit, just in case.

Lets not kid ourselves and forget that this is anime and these kinds of girls don't exist.

Nevertheless, I'm liking this anime a lot, they are so pure, it's heartwarming.

I can't agree with this statement. Too narrow of a mindset. Though I do agree that the realism isn't as strong as it was before.

I'm torn about the realism with this particular episode. I felt that each episode has been less effective at characterization than the last. The first episode had phenomenal directing, and the scenes felt profoundly organic. This one didn't seem like it added very much to the characters. I still like this story, and few romances have engaged me, so this series is great in that respect.

This episode is okay, but it doesn't hold water to episode 1. Akane still hasn't had enough characterization. She's really only been reacting this episode. No introspection of the sort. I will admit however that the transition between Akane's comment about the moon and Kotaro's response was well done. The fact that Kotaro was questioning the origin of the "moon is beautiful" statement shows that he's creating a layer of abstraction between the quotes he using, preventing him from genuinely following their advice. If he were to truly internalize those messages, he wouldn't be questioning its origin at such a time.

Ultimately, the fact that none of Kotaro's quotes have had an impact on the story demonstrates such means of 'sophistication' may register as important intellectually, but they fail to have that same impact emotionally. After all, the turning point in episode 2 was Kotaro using one of the most cliche lines in existence, simply showing that such an attempt can be much more meaningful.

Akane's reformulating of "the moon is beautiful" in a less carefully planned statement provided Kotaro with the confidence to ask her, especially consider that Akane's genuine response would have been far more impactful than if Kotaro were to have used the quote mechanically out loud.

A possible love triangle could be disheartening, depending on how the rest of the series plays out. I just hope that the series continues to maintain the organic vibe of the main duo, which was less apparent in this particular episode.

Thanks for the well thought out response, you were the only one who didn't autistically screech a comment. I was just pointing out that this isn't really realistic, this is just not how people behave. If you go into real life expecting events to mimic things you see in anime, you're going to have a horrible time.

About your post, I agree that the word play with "tsuki... kirei" and "tsukiatte" was very cool at the end.

There are two players I think will also come to this story, Akane's friend who helped first-aid Kotaro's hand and of course the runner guy, all I can see happening with those is some kind of drama to pull the story forward, because if something like that doesn't happen it would be pretty straightforward for Akane and Kotaro to stay together.
Apr 21, 2017 9:49 AM
Dec 2012
delloskill said:
Can someone please tell me why the Art is pretty but the animation is so damn awful?

Animation budget would be wasted on a title like this, since people don't consider it to be so important to tell a story like this one.

I think the same could be said about Konosuba2?
Apr 21, 2017 10:18 AM
Aug 2015
kaaamos said:
delloskill said:

Animation budget would be wasted on a title like this, since people don't consider it to be so important to tell a story like this one.

I think the same could be said about Konosuba2?

Konosuba had awesome animation. Haven't seen S2 yet.
Apr 21, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
That insert song... I Love it! So beautiful.
But I wanted to punch his face so badly when he was too embarrassed to ask how the track meet went OVER the phone! First of all... I can't see what so embarrassing about asking her... And it is overt he phone! Not even face to face!
I know they both are shy and all but...
I'm not that outgoing but damn was that so difficult to watch! How can anyone be THAT shy.

So the next scene shocks the hell out of me.. He actually confessed! He actually did! Wut makes no sense to me how he was too shy to even ask about the track meet yet he confessed! Idk what goes through his mind... but damn. I'm rooting for them.

Good episode.
Apr 21, 2017 11:38 AM

Jul 2012
He did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MAH BOI!
Please say yes! I don't want to see generic drama, love triangles and misunderstandings, it would be really nice to see something different for once.
I can't watch this anime without smiling like an idiot, so cute and awkward. Oh, the old days.
And I actually hope it is marketing for LINE because that would be clever lol

@kaaamos
Sorry, but people are dismissing your opinion because it sounded more like just a frustration rant than a real opinion regarding the realism of the show. o-o

Apr 21, 2017 1:35 PM
Mar 2015
kaaamos said:
zenmodeman said:

I can't agree with this statement. Too narrow of a mindset. Though I do agree that the realism isn't as strong as it was before.

I'm torn about the realism with this particular episode. I felt that each episode has been less effective at characterization than the last. The first episode had phenomenal directing, and the scenes felt profoundly organic. This one didn't seem like it added very much to the characters. I still like this story, and few romances have engaged me, so this series is great in that respect.

This episode is okay, but it doesn't hold water to episode 1. Akane still hasn't had enough characterization. She's really only been reacting this episode. No introspection of the sort. I will admit however that the transition between Akane's comment about the moon and Kotaro's response was well done. The fact that Kotaro was questioning the origin of the "moon is beautiful" statement shows that he's creating a layer of abstraction between the quotes he using, preventing him from genuinely following their advice. If he were to truly internalize those messages, he wouldn't be questioning its origin at such a time.

Ultimately, the fact that none of Kotaro's quotes have had an impact on the story demonstrates such means of 'sophistication' may register as important intellectually, but they fail to have that same impact emotionally. After all, the turning point in episode 2 was Kotaro using one of the most cliche lines in existence, simply showing that such an attempt can be much more meaningful.

Akane's reformulating of "the moon is beautiful" in a less carefully planned statement provided Kotaro with the confidence to ask her, especially consider that Akane's genuine response would have been far more impactful than if Kotaro were to have used the quote mechanically out loud.

A possible love triangle could be disheartening, depending on how the rest of the series plays out. I just hope that the series continues to maintain the organic vibe of the main duo, which was less apparent in this particular episode.

Thanks for the well thought out response, you were the only one who didn't autistically screech a comment. I was just pointing out that this isn't really realistic, this is just not how people behave. If you go into real life expecting events to mimic things you see in anime, you're going to have a horrible time.

About your post, I agree that the word play with "tsuki... kirei" and "tsukiatte" was very cool at the end.

There are two players I think will also come to this story, Akane's friend who helped first-aid Kotaro's hand and of course the runner guy, all I can see happening with those is some kind of drama to pull the story forward, because if something like that doesn't happen it would be pretty straightforward for Akane and Kotaro to stay together.

For the most part, I'd say the realism was fine, or at least better than most other romance anime. But there are a few contrivances in this respect.

The fact that both Kotaro and Akane essentially fell in love during the beginning of episode 1 isn't exactly realistic. I could understand if one of them did, but both is far too much of a stretch without knowing who the person was at all. I guess one could argue Akane didn't have feelings for Kataro at first, since the main indication we got on her side was after she saw Kotaro's relationship with his friends. Nevertheless, They fell in love far too quickly.

The characterization has been quite strong on Kotaro's side with all the subtle details thrown in such as the episode 1 cafe scene involving the drinks, his tendency to punch a lamp chord, his slight introduction to sexual desires (in the form of the book and from staring at Akane when she was running), his inability to open up with his concerns relating to his writing even after having the courage to show his writing to someone else, and so forth. Most of these traits have elements of realism to them as I could relate to the majoirty of them, and the rest are believable anyway.

The problem so far is that Akane hasn't gotten much as all. Anime has a tendency to be lacking in female characterization. All Akane really has is her tendency to need a squishy which is really just a quirk. Any thoughts that she has are almost unrealistic. The only things we are told from her thoughts are her nervousness, and her statement that the moment with Kotaro in this episode was weird. She doesn't have any reason to be deliberately thinking about those things with words. Those are stuff that she should merely be feeling.

Kotaro has it better since we don't hear his think directly about how he's feeling. We didn't get an unnecessary thought when he chose to get the iced coffee over the fanta in episode 1. Kotaro's thoughts are far more akin to the type of person he is and as such, much more believable.

Compared to most other romances I have seen in anime, I would have to say this is one of the more realistic ones. Though I do agree that not everything about it is realistic.

Regarding the drama involving the other characters. I hope it's minimal; A good romance doesn't need a whole lot of it. Some of it is fine, but most of the conflict should be coming the the couple themselves, the ways in which their stances or values differ from each other, the inability of one of them being able to understand the other and so forth. The characters need to have internal conflicts more so than external ones, and their lives outside of the romance should also have relevant focus.
zenmodemanApr 21, 2017 1:39 PM
Apr 21, 2017 1:47 PM
Mar 2015
Germs_N_Spices said:
Episode 3 and I can already tell this is gonna be the underdog anime of the season - beautifully paced, well-rounded characters, realistic characterization, soothing music, simple premise. If one were to identify this anime then it's romance at its purest and nothing else. The only complaint I would probably have is the lack of attention it gets. If the rest of the season is on par with what we have until now, then in composition and execution this series can rival popular names like Your Lie in April, Clannad, or even Your Name in terms of romance. Time and time again this industry has demonstrated that the best of the best shows do not necessary generate the most groundbreaking premises, but rather polish the oldest tropes and archetypes to perfection.

I too wish the series got more attention, but one unfortunate factor is the heavy copyrights. It's hard for anime youtube channels in particular to use footage from the series in a video without risking getting it taken down, in the same manner that a lot of K-on related videos have been taken down being of copyrights.

I do agree that the execution is a hallmark of great series. Strong visual storytelling and subtle details go a long way. Particularly in non-comedy driven slice-of-life/ drama series since they rely on details and great characterization rather than profound ideas.
Apr 21, 2017 1:58 PM

Jan 2017
Yautja said:
Please oh god above let her say yes. No drama, no damn drama is needed here!

I agree! it's the perfect beginning to a sweet relationship. I'm a little worried about love triangles popping up. That guy Hira from the track team almost asked Akane out and her friend Chinatsu seems a bit interested in Azumi.

This one has such good vibes, I hope it stays that way.
Apr 21, 2017 2:06 PM

Apr 2016
Well I found the previous ones a little slow but this one was really good ~

❝ They went looking for the gods,
and died in lonely places ❞
Apr 21, 2017 3:07 PM

Sep 2013
my god!! this episode is so relateable, as shy middle schooler boy its pretty hard to speak to the girl im in love with.
nice episode btw.
Apr 21, 2017 3:14 PM

Nov 2015
Wow. He really asked her out, I was surprised. Can't wait to know her answer lol
Apr 21, 2017 3:15 PM

Jul 2015
great ep
great ost
this anime is going in the right way

romance without a tsundere is extremely rare in this medium
i need more of that kind of romance <3
Apr 21, 2017 5:00 PM

Jul 2015
CUTE. THESE TWO ARE FREAKING CUTE, though they hardly even speak to each other and the majority of their relationship still consists of them starring at each other from a distance, they way to adorably awkward when they actually together so it's understandable. Weird how watching two people just sit in silence is still such a great thing to see animated. Oh and I'm pretty sure main dude jumped several hundred steps, I don't think your suppose to go from "can barely even speak to you atm" to "lets go out" so quickly, but I'm still fangirling over it so whatever. 2nd quickest relationship I've ever seen in an anime.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 21, 2017 5:43 PM
Jan 2015
zcv45 said:
...But I wanted to punch his face so badly when he was too embarrassed to ask how the track meet went OVER the phone! First of all... I can't see what so embarrassing about asking her... And it is overt he phone! Not even face to face!
I'm not that outgoing but damn was that so difficult to watch! How can anyone be THAT shy.

So the next scene shocks the hell out of me.. He actually confessed! He actually did! Wut makes no sense to me how he was too shy to even ask about the track meet yet he confessed! Idk what goes through his mind... but damn. I'm rooting for them.

Good episode.

It didn't seem to me that it was a matter of being shy that Kotarou didn't text Akane to ask her how the track meet went, but that he didn't want to make her feel worse if she had lost her race and/or had not achieved a new personal best. He was being considerate, not shy. You should want to praise him for being a nice guy instead of wanting to punch him.

And, yes, the confession was a shocker, but in retrospect it should have been anticipated after witnessing Kotarou hear her friends talking about Hira possibly confessing to Akane after the track meet. No doubt that is what gave him the "courage" to confess so suddenly. It actually kills two birds with one stone, so to speak: in a roundabout way he might find out if there is a guy she likes, something he was loathe to actually ask her, and he gets to find out if she likes him enough to go out with him. Oh, and one more, he might get to find out if Hira actually confessed to her and whether or not she accepted.
Apr 21, 2017 8:40 PM

Apr 2016
Extremely sparse internal dialogues, showing not telling, believable scenarios and interactions (albeit through a pretty typical "drama" filter)... this has all the makings of the best romance anime I've seen in a very long time.

I love that this show captures the quiver that even a brief text from the person you like can give you, as trivial as it may seem. The tone has been spot on since episode one.
Apr 21, 2017 8:44 PM

Oct 2011
Ahhhhh Tsuki Kirei Ahhhhhhhh
Died when he said that.
That confession ahhhhh😍😍😍
Apr 21, 2017 9:03 PM
Jan 2017
Kotaro and Akane are taking strides in improving their relationship in this episode, a major point in its favor. Still, their awkwardness and shyness is beginning to run its course and what began as an endearing quality for them might become a bore. The supporting characters are interesting as well and do their best to support the protagonists. The increased use of music helped too.
Apr 21, 2017 9:22 PM

Oct 2008
Such a nice episode!
The realistic environment of this show is very immersive and expressive!
Aaaaand the boy asks her out! good thing Kotarou was the first one to ask that question to Akane and not Hira...
This show is one of the few romance show that could be regarded as respectable and not those other shows which has too much drama, tsundere or forced romance. This is unique on its own way!
5/5.
matias067Apr 21, 2017 9:41 PM

Apr 21, 2017 9:43 PM
Jul 2016
masa8224 said:
A little shock at the end of this episode.
And a bad feeling about what's going to happen next.

It was beautiful, that confession
but..I have a bad feeling too.
Apr 21, 2017 10:20 PM

Apr 2011
Oh please don't ruin this with that Hira dude. Please, for fuck's sake, keep this between them. Let Hira have Akane's friend. Yeah, let her be the girl Hira likes.
yhunataApr 21, 2017 11:41 PM
Apr 21, 2017 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
She better not respond by saying "I'm already dating someone aka Hira."

I believe (hopefully it's true) that even if Hira popped the question she wouldn't have accepted it since she took her time to visit the temple in order to see him (which kind of leads me to believe that she is seriously interested in him).

It was very sweet how she responded to his text when he had troubles getting over the results of the newcomer's award
Apr 21, 2017 11:41 PM

Sep 2013
just hoping that Akane isn't already dating the guy from her track club
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Apr 21, 2017 11:43 PM

Apr 2011
DreamPoint said:
She better not respond by saying "I'm already dating someone aka Hira."

Caltsio said:
just hoping that Akane isn't already dating the guy from her track club

I predict a shitload of raging on the episode discussion thread and an epic drop in rating if that does happen.
Apr 21, 2017 11:45 PM

May 2015
We're only on episode 3 and we're already getting a confession? I like this haha I definitely approve. Hopefully Akane will say yes though something tells me she'll say no.......if she says no, Imma kill Hira from the track club XD
Apr 22, 2017 12:19 AM
Oct 2016
Please just answer "YES!"
Kotaro x Akane

Episode: 5/5
Apr 22, 2017 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
yhunata said:

it's too good to be happening in this early stage. i mean it's just 3 episode and MC make a love confession to the main female lead.
or maybe MC is gonna joke about it (but the truth i don't see that possibility)
but the producer(?) was the one from Angel Beats,AssClass, Danganronpa 3,etc and the script/series composer(?) also didnt have a background of that type of story.

well it's hard to watch something "pure" when you already watch the harder/complicated type after all this time. you always have something in mind about worst case scenario or something like that.
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Apr 22, 2017 12:50 AM
Mar 2017
Say YES~!!!
Say YES~!!!
Apr 22, 2017 1:00 AM

Dec 2013
Caltsio said:
yhunata said:

it's too good to be happening in this early stage. i mean it's just 3 episode and MC make a love confession to the main female lead.
but the producer(?) was the one from Angel Beats,AssClass, Danganronpa 3,etc and the script/series composer(?) also didnt have a background of that type of story.

well it's hard to watch something "pure" when you already watch the harder/complicated type after all this time. you always have something in mind about worst case scenario or something like that.

I'm just hoping that this series is not a one-cour... but then again if it's not a one-cour it's possible that she rejects him early
Apr 22, 2017 1:10 AM

Nov 2012
For those wondering about the song, here is the original (I think) from Sora no Otoshimono!!

Apr 22, 2017 1:45 AM

Apr 2011
Oh who are we kidding. There's only one reason why the writers are making Kotarou ask her out this early. Hira has already asked her out and she said yes. If I'm wrong about this next week, I'll joyously eat my non-existing hat. If I am right, well..... fuck you writers.
Apr 22, 2017 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
yhunata said:
Oh who are we kidding. There's only one reason why the writers are making Kotarou ask her out this early. Hira has already asked her out and she said yes. If I'm wrong about this next week, I'll joyously eat my non-existing hat. If I am right, well..... fuck you writers.

but it seems that she dont like hira , she only blush/smile when she is with kotarou

your theory can happens because we all know that anime authors are a bunch of sadistics , they never let cute couples end up together
if that happens it will ruin the whole serie :/
Apr 22, 2017 1:53 AM

Apr 2011
tragedydesu said:
yhunata said:

but it seems that she dont like hira , she only blush/smile when she is with kotarou

your theory can happens because we all know that anime authors are a bunch of sadistics , they never let cute couples end up together
if that happens it will ruin the whole serie :/

Let's just hope I'm wrong about this. I was wrong about Train Protector having enough tolerance to not fuck Ai-chan in Getsuyoubi, let's hope I'm wrong about this too.
Apr 22, 2017 3:11 AM
Apr 2017
Can't wait for the next episode. He finally asked her out for a date
I just hope that something bad aren't going to happen soon ;)
Apr 22, 2017 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
I am so disappointed of myself: the "bench scene" made me laugh despite the quotes play and the decisive question when KOR bench scene actually had a more appropriate effect on me (13 and 25 years ago) despite being far less decisive. I probably grew too old for that.

3/5 "Instant messaging the series", finally over !!

- Is this LINE program such a trend in Japan?
- Is someone far too shy to approach another person and align words in front of this person (even trivialities) really becoming this talkative as soon as the discussion takes place on an instant messenger program?!
- When did Akane suddenly feel attracted to the hero? (somewhere during the 1st episode?)
Apr 22, 2017 5:26 AM

Aug 2016
Wow, I expected the confession to be later on but since he confessed early on I hope he doesnt get rejected and it becomes early couple type of anime

Set by SenpieX
Apr 22, 2017 5:44 AM

Nov 2011
The twist in the end, it was a nice surprise. As for many, I also believed that that scene would only arrive at the end of the season, but that has already happened. Now the hypothesis about what's going to happen is to see what roles will cover the companions. Since the main players are four, I already have an idea of who we should point our eyes on. However, history is evolving in an interesting way, thanks also to comprimars and soundtrack. Let us also not forget the importance of backgrounds.
Apr 22, 2017 8:18 AM

Jun 2012
So beautiful.
Kota, I applaud you for having the guts to ask her out.
Apr 22, 2017 9:43 AM

Apr 2012
Yeah that last scene was filled with a lot of serious emotion, I miss that now a days lol. Hope to god that the confession is accepted without drama!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 22, 2017 10:43 AM

Oct 2012
A really great episode imo, that cliffhanger is really scaring me. I'm worried about whether or not she'll turn him down early on only to change later, but I just want them to get together already, they're so cute!
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 22, 2017 11:15 AM

Apr 2016
Caltsio said:
yhunata said:

That's me. Always expecting/fearing the worst case scenario or the less optimist one at least. I was already totally surprised he managed to ask her out in the third episode, it was like the less predictable outcome for me, I was like : "Whaaaaaat!? So soon? So beautiful! Something will go wrong! No truck-Kun please! No incurable disease! No memory loss! No "it was all a dream"! No "I already said yes to senpai"! Please pretty please!"

It was even less predictable above all when I remember how shy they were in the first episode, so shy it bothered me. I was like : "wow, I guess they'll hold hand at episode 11 and kiss at episode 12 ... IF THEY RUSH IT!" ... but we aren't sure either to see that next week. I still don't want to hold my hopes too high though.
Apr 22, 2017 11:19 AM

Mar 2013
Couldn't stop the urge XD

Apr 22, 2017 11:20 AM

Feb 2013
Aren't they the cutest thing! I'm melting, seriously. Both are super shy and cute aww
Apr 22, 2017 12:14 PM

Sep 2015
FredFriendly said:
zcv45 said:
...But I wanted to punch his face so badly when he was too embarrassed to ask how the track meet went OVER the phone! First of all... I can't see what so embarrassing about asking her... And it is overt he phone! Not even face to face!

Good episode.

It didn't seem to me that it was a matter of being shy that Kotarou didn't text Akane to ask her how the track meet went, but that he didn't want to make her feel worse if she had lost her race and/or had not achieved a new personal best. He was being considerate, not shy. You should want to praise him for being a nice guy instead of wanting to punch him.

And, yes, the confession was a shocker, but in retrospect it should have been anticipated after witnessing Kotarou hear her friends talking about Hira possibly confessing to Akane after the track meet. No doubt that is what gave him the "courage" to confess so suddenly. It actually kills two birds with one stone, so to speak: in a roundabout way he might find out if there is a guy she likes, something he was loathe to actually ask her, and he gets to find out if she likes him enough to go out with him. Oh, and one more, he might get to find out if Hira actually confessed to her and whether or not she accepted.

Yea I did notice the whole Hira confession thing afterwards that probably gave him the courage to ask. But I never though about him just being considerate.
Apr 22, 2017 12:49 PM
Jan 2015
zcv45 said:
Yea I did notice the whole Hira confession thing afterwards that probably gave him the courage to ask. But I never though about him just being considerate.

Well, Kotarou certainly had her good will in mind during episode 2 by spending the whole afternoon looking for Akane's squeezie (too bad she probably thinks he just found it on the floor and doesn't realize that he spent hours looking for it), so it's not too much to conjecture that he was thinking of her, not himself, when he was hesitating to text her to ask how her race went.

It's really refreshing to have an MC who isn't a bishounen, a delinquent, a sadist, a playboy, a complete pervert or an ill-mannered jerk (or all of the above), but is just an ordinary nice guy. Oh so very refreshing.
Apr 22, 2017 3:53 PM

Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
3/5 "Instant messaging the series", finally over !!

- Is this LINE program such a trend in Japan?
- Is someone far too shy to approach another person and align words in front of this person (even trivialities) really becoming this talkative as soon as the discussion takes place on an instant messenger program?!
- When did Akane suddenly feel attracted to the hero? (somewhere during the 1st episode?)

Episode 2 when he said to her "I think you're fine the way you are" as she was feeling a bit down because of her poor performance in the last race. I guess it was emphasized again in episode 3.

After that, interest kept on growing through their chat on LINE, which is definitely an important tool in explaining the stand of their relationship so far. The instant messaging stuff might look boring from afar but there's content here : they are able to communicate far from the sight of their friends and family who are a hindrance because they are so shy. You can't make a move at school without being noticed, you can't make a move at the restaurant, but in front of their smart phones, if nobody's watching above their shoulder, it's possible. Which brings my answer to your second question : yes.
Ysad_ZiwezhanApr 22, 2017 4:03 PM
Apr 22, 2017 4:47 PM
Jan 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
...After that, interest kept on growing through their chat on LINE, which is definitely an important tool in explaining the stand of their relationship so far. The instant messaging stuff might look boring from afar but there's content here : they are able to communicate far from the sight of their friends and family who are a hindrance because they are so shy. You can't make a move at school without being noticed, you can't make a move at the restaurant, but in front of their smart phones, if nobody's watching above their shoulder, it's possible. Which brings my answer to your second question : yes.

Well said! Particularly not making a move at school without being noticed. But might that not be, now, for Akane, just as much as not being in the same clique or club as it is shyness? She was certainly able to freely talk with Kaneko the first time she met him because he was in the same clique as Aira, so she felt "safe" talking to him. And, of course, she even jokes around with Hira since she's known him from the track team for two years. But Kotarou is an outsider, neither belonging to her clique nor on the track team and associating with someone not in your clique nor club would raise eyebrows. Akane certainly seems like she would not like to make a spectacle of herself by openly associating with someone outside the circle of her friends or club.

Kotarou, on the other hand, is more of a loner with few friends (possibly only those 2 at school), and definitely appears to be completely bewildered by the opposite sex when going tête-à-tête, as witnessed by his face-to-face interactions with both Akane and Chinatsu. So, no surprise there that he does not approach Akane at school.

On another note, I do wonder how long Akane had been sitting there while her parents were watching the news, staring at her cell phone, her previous conversation with Kotarou still on the screen, waiting for him to contact her? So very cute!
Apr 23, 2017 1:40 AM

Dec 2015
@Ysad_Ziwezhan Thank you for clearing it all up !
It was nothing about "boredom", this type of story isn't supposed to be full of events (at least in my mind). All this messenging thing (in such a situation) just felt otherworldly, in other words: totally alien to me. Because it seemed even weirder to suddenly board someone you saw at school/in the street/etc through the Internet / phone without having properly started something prior to it.

Arf, I'm sinking my own sayings, nevermind.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2017

132 by RGreatDanton »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

249 by RGreatDanton »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.